Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Yeah, 12 songs. Violence

I think Remnants is going to be an introduction instrumental song that leads into Asylum. Kinda like .execute leads to Gematria in Slipknot's "All hope is gone" album.

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
seifer272 wrote:i could be wrong but it seems sounds like innocence could the official name for three, since they were innocent in a way, and sacrifice could be the name for mine...who knows

Possibly...

I think Innocence may be a different song all together, though.

No, Innocence is not the same song. They were talked about as separate tracks.

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
ShockAndAwe wrote:Yeah, 12 songs. Violence

I think Remnants is going to be an introduction instrumental song that leads into Asylum. Kinda like .execute leads to Gematria in Slipknot's "All hope is gone" album.

Well, as I predicted, the 12 songs we heard were not the final ones on the record. "Remnants" as well as "Sacrifice" have replaced the songs "Mine" and "Three."

Told ya.

yanksandjetsfan

yanksandjetsfan
Disturbed One
ShockAndAwe wrote:Yeah, 12 songs. Violence

yeah i think youre right. i bet they decided to make the long intro to asylum its own song so that asylum can be a single later on. either way, this cd is going to absolutely rape the music world

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Did Emptiness come from the Ind album?

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
ShockAndAwe wrote:Did Emptiness come from the Ind album?

Emptiness was an unfinished song from Indestructible. The song Mine was also an unfinished Indestructible song. Interesting that it didn't make an album twice in a row.

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
zeronex wrote:Maybe remnants is just a short intro for the song Asylum. It would fit since we all thought Asylum was going to be the opening track.

I think this is a good call, because that way they can have the instumental intro and still be able to play the single on the radio. I am sooooooooooooo fuckin pumped

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
Party Time

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
jpmatrixfan88 wrote: Interesting that it didn't make an album twice in a row.
Just means that they have better songs to give us. Or, they could be saving them for album #6? Just sayin...

Crucified

Crucified
Stupified
ShockAndAwe wrote:
Just means that they have better songs to give us. Or, they could be saving them for album #6? Just sayin...

Well, album six shouldn't be til 2012 but you have to consider that "Emptiness" could be a b-side.

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
ShockAndAwe wrote:

Not necessarily. I find most of their bsides to be among their best songs. Damn, that sucks about Emptiness. I just realized it's not on the tracklist. I was looking forward to that one.

I really hope Remnants isn't the instrumental intro of Asylum cut off. I rather Disturbed have a 7.5 minute song. I'm tired of all this short 3-4 minute songs since I'm getting used to listening to 6-15 minute songs now, lol.

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
bassman47 wrote:
zeronex wrote:Maybe remnants is just a short intro for the song Asylum. It would fit since we all thought Asylum was going to be the opening track.

I think this is a good call, because that way they can have the instumental intro and still be able to play the single on the radio. I am sooooooooooooo fuckin pumped

I think its a bad call. Fuck cutting a song up so it can be a single on the radio. Cutting a song up ruins it period. They play Metallica songs on the radio and they're about that long, so why not Disturbed. I've heard Tool's cover of No Quarter on the radio in its entirety before and that song is like 12 minutes. They don't need to cut it up on the album. Lots of bands cut up a song specifically for singles and radio play, but keep them intact on the album. But I'm really hoping Remnants is an entirely different song and not the instrumental intro of the song Asylum.

Crucified

Crucified
Stupified
Bound2Fate wrote:
ShockAndAwe wrote:

Not necessarily. I find most of their bsides to be among their best songs. Damn, that sucks about Emptiness. I just realized it's not on the tracklist. I was looking forward to that one.

I really hope Remnants isn't the instrumental intro of Asylum cut off. I rather Disturbed have a 7.5 minute song. I'm tired of all this short 3-4 minute songs since I'm getting used to listening to 6-15 minute songs now, lol.
Much agreed. If they did do an instrumental, it should be the outro to the album.

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
I think all b-sides that were recorded during this album will be released within the coming weeks before the Germany release of Asylum. I think we can look forward to seeing some tracks on their myspace page as like we've seen in past pre-release albums....again, i'm just speculating. :)

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
Makes sense (maybe not to all), but making Mine and Emptiness B-side tracks, cause they didn't make the Indestructible album, so I can see why they wouldn't want put those songs on the album official track list, maybe they weren't to sure about them, maybe they changed them up, but still knew that fans knew they were gonna be a Indestructible. They will make great B-Side tracks.

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
Bound2Fate wrote:
ShockAndAwe wrote:

I agree, Hell, Run, Sickened, Two Worlds, Monster were some of the best songs they made! Hell and Run are definitely the best B-sides!

Asylum Guy

chasetheguy

chasetheguy
Stupified
does anyone know what remnants is about? The guy Asylum Guy

sdinger70

sdinger70
Is it released yet? Hurry up! I want it NOW!

The Guy

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
chasetheguy wrote:does anyone know what remnants is about? The guy Asylum Guy
Good Question? I can't think of anything that comes to mind, what about Sacrifice?

chasetheguy

chasetheguy
Stupified
idk but there is a little instrumental intro to this one video i watched for the night and they said that asylum will have an instrumental intro aswell maby remnants is that intro from the night but just leads into asylum maby.... but i just cant wait till aug 31 Disturbed Indestruct

chasetheguy

chasetheguy
Stupified
maby mine is my child just a thought Indestructible

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
chasetheguy wrote:maby mine is my child just a thought Indestructible
No, Mine is about War due to Religion/Religious Wars, My Child is about David going through the fatherhood stage and finding out his girlfriend had a miscarriage.

chasetheguy

chasetheguy
Stupified
yah thats right i remember that now The Indestructible O

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
Bound2Fate wrote:
bassman47 wrote:

I think its a bad call. Fuck cutting a song up so it can be a single on the radio. Cutting a song up ruins it period. They play Metallica songs on the radio and they're about that long, so why not Disturbed. I've heard Tool's cover of No Quarter on the radio in its entirety before and that song is like 12 minutes. They don't need to cut it up on the album. Lots of bands cut up a song specifically for singles and radio play, but keep them intact on the album. But I'm really hoping Remnants is an entirely different song and not the instrumental intro of the song Asylum.

I didn't mean it in a way that it was a good thing. I was just acknowledging that this is almost defiantly the case.
I think the label would rather have more radio-friendly lengths because, in their mind, it'll allow for more play time. obviously none of us will give two shits if the radio doesn't like the length, however, from a business standpoint, they might think its a smart thing to do.

disturbedlepgirl

disturbedlepgirl
Loading The Weapon
I don't remember reading anything about his girlfriend having a miscarriage, how sad!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com