Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 06:49

LeafyBug

LeafyBug
Stupified
PoisonIvy wrote:They did say it's going to be darker and heavier than Indestructible.
And I see their point...this song, at least, is very dark and brutal.
Find me a quote. Every interview I have ever seen they said "I'm not going to say it's our hardest or darkest but blah blah blah"

52Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 09:43

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

for example this, after minute 9

We have two great songs so far, one better than the other, and many more to come. Can't we just enjoy what they've created without dissecting every little note? I understand talking about it, discussing it, but come on...

53Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 11:15

LeafyBug

LeafyBug
Stupified
PoisonIvy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

for example this, after minute 9

We have two great songs so far, one better than the other, and many more to come. Can't we just enjoy what they've created without dissecting every little note? I understand talking about it, discussing it, but come on...
That was far far before they even really started writing. In one of the recent interviews after they were done recording either David or Dan said "I'm not going to say it's our darkest or hardest record. All I'll say is that it's our strongest collection of material."

They specifically state that it's not their hardest or darkest.

And as for my earlier post. It's called an opinion, everyone is entitled to have one. Nobody's is right or wrong.

My main point was that it is starting to sound a little too produced. Relying a little too much on layering a million different sounds together as opposed to relying on the core of what disturbed is.

I'm not saying I hate it, but I also don't love it. It's average for what I have come to expect from disturbed.

54Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 11:25

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
I have NO idea what's wrong with the people saying "oh i don't know...it's kinda different...." THAT'S THE POINT!!! They are evolving and their new stuff is beyond amazing! I thought this was a Disturbed forum, doesn't seem to be acting like it anymore. I don't care what anyone says or what Disturbed does, i'll never bad mouth them, the guitars and drums do stand out ALOT, some people must just need to clean their ears. This is some of if not their best work. I AM a Disturbed 1, and they will always be the greatest band to ever step in a studio or on stage...period

55Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 12:08

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
I really don't see what the big deal is, seriously. AWTD is a kickass song, and now with Asylum coming out yesterday, Wow that shit is insane. I can't stop listening to it. So far this, in my opinion, is a hardkore album that they are putting out for us. I will say that listening to it you can really tell that they are improving and growing with each record they put out. I can't wait for the whole thing to be in my hands. Oh, and Asylum is a dark, angry f*cking song. Im sorry but if you don't think so thats your loss. This is "The Sickness" with ten years of experience and growing/improving under your belt. I can't wait to hear the intro

56Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 13:01

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
If Disturbed stuck with their "simpleness" that that they had in the sickness, they wouldn't be where they are today. All those extra layers, and "over producing", is called SKILL. They have more skill than they did 10 years ago, thank God. I love Asylum, its perfect. Like Hellyeah said "they are always one step ahead of the game in the metal world". This is just another example of that.

57Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 13:32

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Disturbed1ForLife25 wrote:I have NO idea what's wrong with the people saying "oh i don't know...it's kinda different...." THAT'S THE POINT!!! They are evolving and their new stuff is beyond amazing! I thought this was a Disturbed forum, doesn't seem to be acting like it anymore. I don't care what anyone says or what Disturbed does, i'll never bad mouth them, the guitars and drums do stand out ALOT, some people must just need to clean their ears. This is some of if not their best work. I AM a Disturbed 1, and they will always be the greatest band to ever step in a studio or on stage...period
Hey respect other people's opinion. LeafyBug was simply giving their take on the song.

58Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 15:29

LittleWildman

Stupified
Absolutely fucking brutal song, apparently some of the other songs are supposed to be darker than this so I'm unbelieveably excited, I've been waiting for this album since like the last quarter of 2009 when it got announced, pre-ordered it yesterday, cannot wait!

59Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 17:02

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
ShockAndAwe wrote:If Disturbed stuck with their "simpleness" that that they had in the sickness, they wouldn't be where they are today. All those extra layers, and "over producing", is called SKILL. They have more skill than they did 10 years ago, thank God. I love Asylum, its perfect. Like Hellyeah said "they are always one step ahead of the game in the metal world". This is just another example of that.
Exactly, thank you.

60Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Fri 16 Jul 2010, 17:11

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
GODSERENITY wrote:I really don't see what the big deal is, seriously. AWTD is a kickass song, and now with Asylum coming out yesterday, Wow that shit is insane. I can't stop listening to it. So far this, in my opinion, is a hardkore album that they are putting out for us. I will say that listening to it you can really tell that they are improving and growing with each record they put out. I can't wait for the whole thing to be in my hands. Oh, and Asylum is a dark, angry f*cking song. Im sorry but if you don't think so thats your loss. This is "The Sickness" with ten years of experience and growing/improving under your belt. I can't wait to hear the intro
Couldn't have said it better myself! Asylum Guy

61Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sat 17 Jul 2010, 02:48

Schmoopzorz

Schmoopzorz
O.o
Pure Awesome

62Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sat 17 Jul 2010, 06:12

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
I wish they'd have released it in 320kbps....it would've sounded 3x better. I tried all of my software to bring it up from 128kbps, but it only worsened the over decimal volume. It seems the one who let the song out didn't use a good LAME encoder, or one at all.

I promise you guys, when you rip the album to mp3 or mp4 on your ipods, make sure you rip it to 320kbps...it'll sound a lot better!

63Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sat 17 Jul 2010, 12:36

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Thanks for the tip, i'll keep that in mind xD

64Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sat 17 Jul 2010, 14:38

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
^^ good call, i tried as well, but had no success

65Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sat 17 Jul 2010, 15:42

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
your welcome.

also, if you guys have media monkey, make sure you have the dfx plug in for it. disturbed sounds amazing with that amp plug in for media monkey, check it out!

66Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sat 17 Jul 2010, 16:08

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Asylum Unleashed wrote:I wish they'd have released it in 320kbps....it would've sounded 3x better. I tried all of my software to bring it up from 128kbps, but it only worsened the over decimal volume. It seems the one who let the song out didn't use a good LAME encoder, or one at all.

I promise you guys, when you rip the album to mp3 or mp4 on your ipods, make sure you rip it to 320kbps...it'll sound a lot better!
i always rip with lame 320kbps :D
they used 128kbps with iTunes encoding. its pretty bad :/

67Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sat 17 Jul 2010, 16:19

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
Yeah, even though it took a few seconds to download, an extra minute or 2 wouldn't have hurt if the mp3 was at high quality :( ... lol

68Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sat 17 Jul 2010, 16:33

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
The Guy music quality > download size

69Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sun 18 Jul 2010, 04:17

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
4everDisturbed wrote: The Guy music quality > download size
Amen to that!

70Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sun 18 Jul 2010, 19:41

Vioz

Eye of the Storm
<<< is out of words O_O

71Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Sun 18 Jul 2010, 20:10

Haddix

Haddix
Disturbed One
Loves it <3

72Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Tue 20 Jul 2010, 20:22

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
Still blows me away every time i hear it

73Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Wed 21 Jul 2010, 09:58

Remiel

Stricken
No offense to you guys, but Disturbed has disappointed me again. I don't like Another Way to Die or Asylum. It's like they're not even trying. I'm not buying this album.

[edit] Alright, I may learn to like this song if I listen to it enough, but I'm still disappointed in Disturbed's "new direction" and I'm not buying the album. You all might not hear what I hear but I say Disturbed have been repeating themselves since Indestructible. Compare the riff in Sacred Lie to the one in The Curse. I've been hearing them all over their songs since I found that one, especially in Asylum. It sounds like a huge rip off of Indestructible, the riffs are basically the same, but with less chords between palm mutes.

And if you feel the need to bitch me out, read my signature and shut up. I have an opinion too.

74Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Wed 21 Jul 2010, 12:50

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Remiel wrote:No offense to you guys, but Disturbed has disappointed me again. I don't like Another Way to Die or Asylum. It's like they're not even trying. I'm not buying this album.

[edit] Alright, I may learn to like this song if I listen to it enough, but I'm still disappointed in Disturbed's "new direction" and I'm not buying the album. You all might not hear what I hear but I say Disturbed have been repeating themselves since Indestructible. Compare the riff in Sacred Lie to the one in The Curse. I've been hearing them all over their songs since I found that one, especially in Asylum. It sounds like a huge rip off of Indestructible, the riffs are basically the same, but with less chords between palm mutes.

And if you feel the need to bitch me out, read my signature and shut up. I have an opinion too.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, and you expressed it well.

If you feel that the whole album is going to blow, then don't buy it. It's your choice and your money.

I have a completely different opinion, which, I, too, am entitled to have. I like AWtD-- is it the best song Disturbed could have released as the first single? In my opinion, no. I think it was released when it was because of the BP oil spill fiasco. And I hate the lyric video for the song. Just give me the official video and get it over with!

Having said that, I really dig Asylum. As promised, the theme is dark, shows the singer/narrator in a vulnerable position (being depressed about the loss of his great love), and basically kicks ass. I don't really see your point about the riffs, because it's not as obvious to me (about Disturbed) as it is with other bands.

Sometimes I can tell a band just by the music, before I even hear the singer. I can do that with Disturbed, too, but sometimes I do have to wait for David to start singing before I'm sure (especially with new songs). But since I don't listen to the radio that much, when I hear music now, it's usually via digital downloads or on Pandora.

Just based on the two singles released thus far, personally I don't think you can fairly judge the entire album, or the band's so called "new direction". Even David himself refused to say that it was their best, or their darkest, or their (fill in the blank). He likened it to the film Gladiator, but that was solely based on the themes that were to be contained on the album, not to the music itself (that's my take on it at any rate).

Are we going to absolutely LOVE everything Disturbed does? Depends on who you are, I suppose. For me, there are songs that I like more than others; there are songs that speak to me on a personal/emotional level more than others; and there are songs that I'll listen to, but they just don't reach out and grab me at that particular time. Have I been disappointed in the product that Disturbed puts out? Not yet, and I don't anticipate being disappointed this time, either.

I said all that to say this: you are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. If anyone gives you flak about it, just consider where it came from and forget it. We're all not going to agree on everything Disturbed all the time. And that's okay, because it doesn't make you any less a fan than if you did unconditionally love everything they put out. It would be pretty dull if we were all alike in that regard.

And that's my $ .02US...

75Asylum Title track released - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Title track released Thu 22 Jul 2010, 11:25

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
Remiel wrote:No offense to you guys, but Disturbed has disappointed me again. I don't like Another Way to Die or Asylum. It's like they're not even trying. I'm not buying this album.

Epic Fail ...I am lost for words to this...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com