Asylum Title track released - Page 2

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 16:44

PoisonIvy

Haunted
^ best comment ever lol

i just put the headphones in my PC speakers and maximum volume!!

There are few songs that i like from the first listen. But this one.... I cannot get enough of it. I keep listening to it!!!!

View user profile

27 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 16:53

Disturbed1ForLife25

Loading The Weapon
What would make me the happiest is hearing more of danny's solo's, i want him to go all out, i know its not needed, but i want people to start recognizing that danny is IMO the greatest most creative guitarist ever! MORE GUITAR SOLO'S!!!

View user profile

28 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 16:56

Bound2Fate

I only listened to AWTD a few times, but this one I've had nonstop for a while.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

29 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 16:59

disturbedismygod

Dehumanized
This is just so much better than Another Way to Die

View user profile

30 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 17:20

bassman47

Stricken
HOLY SHIT!!!! I JUST DIED... THEN WAS REBORN BECAUSE OF THIS FUCKING SONG!!!! Fuck yessssssssssss

View user profile

31 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 18:44

Conker

The Animal
This is great!

View user profile

32 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 18:59

hly fuck...i have chills that dont go away!!!

View user profile

33 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 19:11

laurieann131313

The Animal
ok....this REALLY kicks ass.......hell yeah UP TO SOMETHING

View user profile

34 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 19:12

Mr.Vlado

Disturbed One
I listen to the song again and again and it even sounds AWESOME! I agree with some people that the song is a little bit similar to Indestructible - especially the chorus - but who cares? There are only "small" similarities and this song is just AWESOME! I love it !

Last edited by Mr.Vlado on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 19:37; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

35 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 19:16

laurieann131313

The Animal
can't stop listening

View user profile

36 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 19:43

The drum work is killer. I love all the growls about it most. It sounds nothing like Ind in my opinion. This is going to be playing on repeat for a long ass time.

View user profile

37 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 19:59

Bound2Fate

I hear hints of Run in it as well. But I do like all the little extra things they have thrown in making the song more varied. David really shows his range throughout the song and I like John's little bass part at the beginning too.

View user profile

38 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 20:11

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
I thought I heard someone other than David singing in there. John, maybe?

Your Humble Global Moderator,

Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon

View user profile

39 Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 21:37

GuiltyPleasures wrote:I thought I heard someone other than David singing in there. John, maybe?

actually when I heard the song I herd david's voice not not john's voice in the back round vocals.

View user profile

40 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 21:46

4everDisturbed

Inside The Fire
Haha you guys in general seem to be big on john getting his vocals in there.

View user profile

41 Re: Asylum Title track released on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 22:15

bassman47

Stricken
I just wanna hear this shyt live. It's gonna be incredible

View user profile

42 Title Track!!!!! on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 22:27

I have faith in this album again

View user profile

43 Hear the track Asylum now! on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 23:44

jpmatrixfan88

Stupified
Looks like I was a little late on this :P

Amazing song though!

View user profile

44 Re: Asylum Title track released on Fri 16 Jul 2010, 00:12

Droid

Stupified
Way better than Another Way to Die, this is the Disturbed I know and love.

View user profile

45 Re: Asylum Title track released on Fri 16 Jul 2010, 04:12

LeafyBug

Stupified
I like it but I don't know. There is something strange about their newer songs that just seem too... I don't know... produced. There are so many layers of guitars and effects and everything that it all just seems to be melded together. The vocals are buried under too much chaos in their newest songs. The great thing about The Sickness to me was that it was pretty simple musically but at the same time it had a lot of memorable musical parts.

In AWTD and Asylum there are really no stand out guitar or drum parts.

I love that they are stretching their bounds but it seems with this album they have stretched a little too far away from what disturbed is. I think they should trim back down to the core of what disturbed is on their next album for sure.

Just think of Prayer for example. That is a very memorable song with it's guitars and whatnot. Same for Remember and pretty much everything from The Sickness. Now listen to Asylum and then after try to think of something memorable from the song. There really isn't anything.

Now I'm not saying that I hate it. It's just not their best in my opinion. They are getting too overly complex. There are times when they have like 4-5 vocals going on at once which makes it almost confusing.

For example 1:25, there are so many layered vocals in there you can't really understand what the lyrics are unless you are listening very very closely or already know what he is saying.

View user profile

46 Re: Asylum Title track released on Fri 16 Jul 2010, 05:14

Asylum Unleashed

Loading The Weapon
You have to remember, David said this is the darkest album to date. So with that said, it's safe to assume there's a whole shit load of chaos....pure chaos everywhere...vocals and instruments...This song and the lyrics along with the chaotic vibe with so much going on just fits the bill. The perfect way to describe it is...pure chaos is disturbing. Its so disturbing that its perfect. Everyone wanted a different more hardened disturbed. Well now we have it. Now there's all this....too much of this and too much of that. What ever! This is perfect.I SERIOUSLY HOPE EVERY SINGLE SONG IS AS HIGH OCTANE AS ASYLUM! I imagined myself strapped in a strait jacket trying to get out of a padded cell, but then i lost myself in thoughT wanting to stay there because i'm afraid of whats outside and afraid of what i might do if i leave. The song is perfect. I don't care if there's too much of what ever. The live performance might not have all of that unless its tracked by a DJ but who cares...WE HAVE A MIGHTIER ANGRIER PISSED OFF DISTURBED AND THEY ARE HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD THEY AIN'T GOING NO WHERE!!!

View user profile

47 Re: Asylum Title track released on Fri 16 Jul 2010, 05:16

4everDisturbed

Inside The Fire
LeafyBug wrote:I like it but I don't know. There is something strange about their newer songs that just seem too... I don't know... produced. There are so many layers of guitars and effects and everything that it all just seems to be melded together. The vocals are buried under too much chaos in their newest songs. The great thing about The Sickness to me was that it was pretty simple musically but at the same time it had a lot of memorable musical parts.

In AWTD and Asylum there are really no stand out guitar or drum parts.

I love that they are stretching their bounds but it seems with this album they have stretched a little too far away from what disturbed is. I think they should trim back down to the core of what disturbed is on their next album for sure.

Just think of Prayer for example. That is a very memorable song with it's guitars and whatnot. Same for Remember and pretty much everything from The Sickness. Now listen to Asylum and then after try to think of something memorable from the song. There really isn't anything.

Now I'm not saying that I hate it. It's just not their best in my opinion. They are getting too overly complex. There are times when they have like 4-5 vocals going on at once which makes it almost confusing.

For example 1:25, there are so many layered vocals in there you can't really understand what the lyrics are unless you are listening very very closely or already know what he is saying.
i see where your coming from. thats really why i love the sickness. the music on that album is simple but strong. On this album i think Disturbed really wanted to let everything loose. this song is about a memory haunting you. the part you were talking about is meant to sound complex. then it all blends into the powerful chorus.

When i read about what you said about there being little memorable parts in the song i thought about what made it memorable to me. When i heard it for the first time, it was like getting punched in the face. I didnt really remember any certain part but the song has a whole. Its a fast-paced song and has a lot of detail you dont catch the first listen. imo i love their growth from the sickness and believe.

View user profile

48 Re: Asylum Title track released on Fri 16 Jul 2010, 05:20

4everDisturbed

Inside The Fire
Asylum Unleashed wrote:You have to remember, David said this is the darkest album to date. So with that said, it's safe to assume there's a whole shit load of chaos....pure chaos everywhere...vocals and instruments...This song and the lyrics along with the chaotic vibe with so much going on just fits the bill. The perfect way to describe it is...pure chaos is disturbing. Its so disturbing that its perfect. Everyone wanted a different more hardened disturbed. Well now we have it. Now there's all this....too much of this and too much of that. What ever! This is perfect.I SERIOUSLY HOPE EVERY SINGLE SONG IS AS HIGH OCTANE AS ASYLUM! I imagined myself strapped in a strait jacket trying to get out of a padded cell, but then i lost myself in thoughT wanting to stay there because i'm afraid of whats outside and afraid of what i might do if i leave. The song is perfect. I don't care if there's too much of what ever. The live performance might not have all of that unless its tracked by a DJ but who cares...WE HAVE A MIGHTIER ANGRIER PISSED OFF DISTURBED AND THEY ARE HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD THEY AIN'T GOING NO WHERE!!!
I agree with everything man. your so right. Thats how i felt when i heard it. Out of control. God i can see david singing this shit in a strait jacket!!

View user profile

49 Re: Asylum Title track released on Fri 16 Jul 2010, 05:28

LeafyBug

Stupified
Asylum Unleashed wrote:You have to remember, David said this is the darkest album to date.
Actually he never said that. He said that about Indestructible not Asylum.

I'm not saying I hate the song, I'm just saying that it isn't one of their best.

View user profile

50 Re: Asylum Title track released on Fri 16 Jul 2010, 06:29

PoisonIvy

Haunted
They did say it's going to be darker and heavier than Indestructible.
And I see their point...this song, at least, is very dark and brutal.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum