Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 21]

176Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 01 Jul 2010, 00:51

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 91

"Five minutes till show time, guys", Brie came in and said. They nodded. "Baby, are you being carted in on the dolly thing or no?"

He shook his head. "Nah, I don't think so. We're gonna do this like we did in Iraq. God that was a lifetime ago."

--------------

The concert was underway. David was working the stage like he used to do. They were in the middle of "Deify", and David had his foot propped on one of the monitors. "... I only wanted a blessing made, now I've been labeled a renegade, it seems so clear now what I must do, you're no immortal, I won't let them deify you, they view you as the new Messiah, deify you, renew belief in some demented man" The imagery, to Brie, was one of the God of War trying to inspire his followers to battle. The crowd was going wild, singing along with every word.

After "Deify", David, started talking. "My brothers, my sisters, my blood, it has been too long! Are you still with me?" The crowd responded, but David wasn't satisfied. "NO, GOD DAMN IT, I ASKED YOU A FUCKING QUESTION! ARE YOU WITH ME?" They were a little louder, but he still wasn't getting the response he wanted. "NO, WHEN I ASK IF YOU'RE WITH ME, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A HELL OF A LOT LOUDER! GOD DAMN IT, SPEAK TO MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" Finally, they roared like he wanted them to. "Now,we've been keeping track of what's been going on with the War. And frankly, I'm impressed with this new Commandant. What about you?" The crowd roared. "The General was a dumb ass, wasn't he?" The crowd went wild. "Now, I know that you all lean on our music for inspiration, and we do our best to deliver, and I LOVE to see such a gathering of like minded people, but there's something... something that just keeps bothering me, and that's the number of you mother fuckers still in your GOD DAMN SEATS!", he roared. "THIS MAY BE A FUCKING POLITICAL RALLY, BUT WE'RE PUTTING ON A GOD DAMN METAL SHOW UP HERE! HAVE THE FUCKING DECENCY TO GET ON YOUR FUCKING FEET!" The crowd went ballistic. "IF I HAD MY WAY ABOUT IT, THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY MOTHER FUCKING CHAIRS!" He took a breath. "But, I didn't organize this shit, my wife did", he laughed. Brie, off stage, shook her head. "Now, my brothers and sisters, back to what I was saying about this war. I know a lot of heavy shit is going down." He took a drink of water. "And I know that there are people dying for the cause as well as people dying for the Utopian cause, and I don't feel sorry for those bastards, you know why?" The crowd was going nonstop as he spoke. If it weren't for the killer sound system they had, you might not have been able to hear what David was saying. "Because, this is supposed to be a FREE COUNTRY! A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN BRING YOUR HUNGRY, YOUR TIRED, YOUR INFIRM, AND THEY SHALL KNOW REST FROM THEIR AFFLICTIONS! THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A COUNTRY WHERE YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SPEAK YOUR MIND IS TAKEN AWAY! NOW, I'LL ADMIT THAT WE'VE DONE SOME DUMB SHIT, BUT WE ARE ONLY HUMAN! IT IS TIME, MY BROTHERS, MY SISTERS, MY BLOOD, FOR US TO PUT AN END TO THE PERSECUTION! NOW, LET ME SEE THOSE MOTHER FUCKING FISTS IN THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S GIVE THOSE UTOPIAN BASTARDS A REASON TO KNOW FEAR!!!! GET THOSE FISTS IN THE SKY!!!! THIS IS TEN THOUSAND FISTS!!!!!!" The music came up, and the crowd went insane.

Last edited by Disturbed1forEternity on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 22:41; edited 1 time in total

177Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 01 Jul 2010, 00:54

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
babygirlpj2007 wrote:awesome shit, love this story!

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

178Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 01 Jul 2010, 02:27

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Writer's note: I struggled with the last chapter to make that small monologue sound like David. I've never had the privilege of seeing the band in concert, so I'm not sure if I got very close or if I'm way the hell off. Please, any of you reading this who has seen the band in concert, please give any feed back, good or bad, on how I did. It would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------

Chapter 92

David ended the show with a bang. "Walk" was just the thing to get the crowd pumped for the Keynote speaker. As they band came off stage, Brie clapped wildly. "That... THAT was the man I fell in love with! Where the fuck has THAT man been?" she asked him.

He laughed. "In captivity for four fucking years. I think we should make a regular thing of this. It feels good to have my fucking chops back." The guys all agreed.

"I fucking loved it! It was good to get back on stage", John said.

"Good, I'm glad. I'll see what we can do about more stuff like this, but I'm not promising anything", Brie said.

"That's fine. Once the war is over, we're going to plan a tour", David said. The guys all nodded.

"Yeah, it's time to get back out there with the fans and feed off that energy like we used to do", Mike said. "That shit was too much fun!"

Brie laughed, then glanced at the stage. "Tim's doing pretty good out there, seeing as he followed you guys on stage", she commented.

David took a second to listen. "Yeah, he is."

"...It's time for the Utopians to Liberate THEIR MINDS. We're not going away. We're not fading into the night. We're not going to be slaves for them. They need to learn what fear is!...", Tim said passionately.

"The kid is good", Dan said.

"He's almost giving you a run for your money, David", Mike said.

David shook his head. "Nah, he's good, I'll give him that, but he'll never be me. There's only room for ONE David Draiman in this world, and that's me, and they barely know what to do with the one they have."

------------------------

The rally ended. Brie was out doing the organizer thing, the watchful eyes of the Resistance soldiers surrounding her, when out of nowhere there was a cry, "GUN!!!"

Brie instinctively dropped to the ground and covered her head as the shot rang through the calm of the evening. Instantly, the Resistance soldiers sprang into action. Brie was surrounded by a wall of men as others secured the band, and others still searched the area for the shooter. When the man was apprehended, they brought him to Brie, handcuffed. "Do you recognize this man?"

Brie's eyes went wide. "What the FUCK?" she screamed. "You once protected us!" she screamed in his face, then slapped him. "You're a fucking traitor and you deserve to die a traitor's death. I hope you rot in the deepest layer of hell." She spat in his face, then walked into the house.

------------

"Who tried to shoot you?" David asked once she was inside.

"Remember the leader of the task force that was protecting us all at that last concert for 'Asylum'? The one that got you shot?"

David, now wearing a pair of sweat pants and no shirt, looked at the scar on his left arm. How could he forget? he thought. "Yeah, I remember. I got his ass busted down to a delivery boy."

"He tried to shoot me today. Like fifteen minutes ago."

David looked pissed. "Really? I wonder if the Commandant knows there was a traitor amongst his ranks."

"He left the Resistance when the General was replaced and wen to work for the Utopians. The General is dead, by the way. Killed himself. Ate his side arm."

David shrugged. "I hate to hear it, but I'm not sorry he's dead. Now, I'm going to go call the Commandant and let him know what just happened." David said as his phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket. "Hello? Yes, Commandant. I was actually just about to call you about that." He paused. "Really? We'll I'm glad we can finally close THAT chapter of our lives. We've been wondering for over a year at the LEAST who told the Utopians the location of our safe house." He paused again, then laughed. "That's kinda funny. Sucks to be him though. Ok, thank you for calling, Commandant. You have a good evening." He hung up, then looked at Brie. "Can you help me gather the adults for a family meeting?"

---------------

The kids were all in bed and the adults were gathered in the living room. "What's going on, David?" Dan asked.

"I just talked to the Commandant. You guys remember that task force leader from the last show on the 'Asylum' tour?" The guys all nodded. "Well, the Commandant picked up the General's alleged investigation into the attack on the house and turns out there was a rat in the Agency... and he was it. He told the Utopians where the house was. He managed to keep it hidden from the General, but the General wasn't REALLY investigating the incident. Turns out he just started a file on it and ruled it as a failed attempt at a random raid. The Commandant looked further into the evidence that the General 'found', and found that there were several holes in that file. Then, someone tries to shoot Brie while she's shaking hands and thanking people for coming, and thanking all the speakers. The shooter was the task force leader."

"You mean the guy that got you shot?" John asked.

Brie nodded. "One in the same. He tried to take David out, and when that didn't work, he wanted to bring David to his knees by killing me."

"Really?" Mike asked. "What's the Commandant going to do about it?"

"He's a War criminal. He's demanding a trial, but the Director is loathe to give him one", David said.

"Are they just going to execute him?" Dan asked.

"He's confessed to everything, but all of the judges are in the pocket of the Utopian leaders. That's why none have gone on trial yet. I think the Agency is going it just execute him. They have no choice."

179Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 01 Jul 2010, 12:43

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
amazing shit!

180Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 01 Jul 2010, 15:31

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Thanx, Penni. I struggled with the concert monologue by David. I tried so hard to make it sound like him. I hope I did well.

--------------

Chapter 93

As the Disturbed Family lay sleeping, men crept up to the house. Men that were not the of the Resistance Army, though there were Resistance soldiers there. All of the sudden, the adults all jerked awake to the sound of gunfire. The adults all met in the hallway. "Ladies, get the kids and get to the panic room. Men, get armed and follow suit", David barked and everyone sprang into action. The woman went to the kids' rooms and yanked them out of bed, running with them to the panic room under the cover of the men, who were armed and and ready. Once everyone was in, and the door locked, David handed Brie a gun. "You know how to use this, I've seen you do it. If push comes to shove, don't hesitate."

She nodded and took the gun. "David, I love you with all that I am. If something happens, I won't rest until..."

David cut her off. "Don't think like that. I love you too, and NOTHING is going to happen. We have Resistance soldiers out there. They won't allow anything to happen to us. We may need to move safe houses, and if that's the case, then that's what we'll do. Just stay calm and try to relax, ok?" He pulled her close to his side and kissed her head. "We need to stay strong for the kids. Don't panic in front of them." She nodded.

-----------------

Two hours later, with the adults still on alert and the children curled up around the feet of their parents, there was a knock on the door to the panic room. "The area is secure, sirs. You and your families can come on out."

The guys of course didn't trust it. They moved carefully, flanking the door, and David swung it open. The Resistance soldier on the other side of the door ended up with a .9 mm Glock in his face.

The kid's hands went into the air. "I'm sorry to startle you, sirs, but the area is secure, you can all come out now."

The men all visibly relaxed and David took the gun out of the boy's face. "Look, son, you just DAMN NEAR got shot. Don't come to this door, especially by avoiding the cameras. We have to know if you're friend or foe. Do you WANT to die?"

"No, sir. I was just trying to find you. The Commandant want to talk to you all after the children are back in bed."

--------------

"What the hell were you all thinking? Have the rally here?" The Commandant asked.

"Well, gee, Commandant, we could have it here and the risk of something happening is under our control, or we travel to do that rally and risk the bastards following us home and we can't control that. What would you have done?" Dan asked as all the Disturbed adults went down stairs.

The Commandant thought about it for a moment. "You're right. I apologize."

David looked shocked. "Did a Marine just apologize?"

Brie nodded, looking careful. "I think he just did. The world must be coming to an end."

The Commandant laughed. "I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong to jump your asses and I apologize."

181Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 01 Jul 2010, 20:35

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
ooh i want more.....more please!

182Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Thu 01 Jul 2010, 22:21

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Here, Penni, here's the next chapter.

--------------

Chapter 94

None of the adults could sleep that night because of the gun fire. Instead, they all stayed up and watched the Resistance news. "...In other news, after four years in hiatus, heavy metal band Disturbed gave a concert today at a political rally at the home of a fan of theirs this afternoon. Vocalist David Draiman, the most outspoken force against the Utopian government, had the following to say, '"Because, this is supposed to be a FREE COUNTRY! A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN BRING YOUR HUNGRY, YOUR TIRED, YOUR INFIRM, AND THEY SHALL KNOW REST FROM THEIR AFFLICTIONS! THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A COUNTRY WHERE YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SPEAK YOUR MIND IS TAKEN AWAY! NOW, I'LL ADMIT THAT WE'VE DONE SOME DUMB SHIT, BUT WE ARE ONLY HUMAN! IT IS TIME, MY BROTHERS, MY SISTERS, MY BLOOD, FOR US TO PUT AN END TO THE PERSECUTION! NOW, LET ME SEE THOSE MOTHER FUCKING FISTS IN THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S GIVE THOSE UTOPIAN BASTARDS A REASON TO KNOW FEAR!!!!' Sources say that the band is planning on performing a more rallies all over the country, and possibly planning a tour to start after the war is over...""

Mike changed the channel. "Who said we're going to start touring the country to perform at these rallies? I don't remember anyone saying that."

"That's because nobody did. The media likes to add shit", Brie said.

"Yeah, they've said a lot of shit over the past fourteen years about us, and how much of it has been true?" David said, his arm wrapped protectively around Brie's shoulder's.

Tina looked at the clock. "It's almost six o'clock in the morning. We're about to have to get the kids up for their lessons."

Dan shook his head. "No, we're not. The tutor called out for the day. Anyway, it's Friday. We can let them sleep in for a while."

---------------

The next day, the yard was flooded with trucks, but not trucks carrying uniforms... but news reporters. Reporters wanting to catch David Draiman for an exclusive. "I can't believe this shit", David said. "No one listened to me four years ago, why are they wanting exclusives now?"

"Because you're one of the biggest supporters of the war. You voice, your words, they're the the inspiration for this Resistance troops. You're the most vocal person against the Utopians. Who wouldn't want an exclusive interview?" Brie explained.

"What do I do to get rid of them?"

"You could grant ONE network an exclusive sit down here in the safety of the house. Have a couple of the Resistance soldiers standing by as your guards, and answer their questions." She shrugged. "It's up to you, baby. Wow them with silence or wow them by letting them in."

"What would you do?"

"Me? I'd let one of them in and tell the rest to fuck off."

183Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Fri 02 Jul 2010, 20:04

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
wow,

184Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Fri 02 Jul 2010, 23:58

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN CONTENTS THAT ARE UNSUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER AGE OF THIRTEEN AND SOME ADULTS. READER DISGRESSION IS ADVISED.

Chapter 95

David spoke with the guys about the interview. He should have known that they would tell him the same thing. "Speak your fucking mind like you always do, brother", they'd told him. So, he finally, after wrestling with himself for about an hour, decided to let in ONE reporter.

"Her name is Heather Teagan, she's with Channel 9 out of Denver. She seems like that young field reporter that just needs that one BIG story before they bump her up to a desk", David said to Brie as he took a quick shower.

Brie sat on the toilet with the lid down and listened to him speak. "So, you what? Decided to give her that big story to send her career skyrocketing?"

"No. I decided to give her the interview of a lifetime that will put her not only behind a desk, but in front of a camera but on the five o'clock news."

Brie smiles. He could hear it in her voice. "That's really nice of you."

He chuckled. "Yep, nothing but a philanthropist", he joked as he shut off the water and stepped out of the shower.

Brie coughed and swallowed. "How long do you have until your interview?" she asked, her voice a little husky.

He looked at her. "An hour."

"It'll take you what, fifteen minutes to get ready?"

"About that."

"How about you turn that shower back on and let me join you for a little while?"

He grinned a little wickedly and reached behind him, turning the shower back on and dropping the towel around his waist as she stripped off the t-shirt and jeans.

He gently pulled her into the water and pushed her against the wall. "Are you sure you wanna do this? You're going on camera with me, you know."

"David", she said.

"Hmm?"

"Shut up and kiss me."

He kissed her.

--------------

About thirty minutes into the interview, David received a phone call. When he looked at the ID, he said to the reporter, "I'm so sorry, but I have to take this." He stood and walked off camera, leaving Brie on the couch. "Hello, Commandant. To what do I own the pleasure?"

"David, you, the other guys, and your families meed to pack your things and get ready to move. We just received Intel that the Utopians have put together a death squad for all of you adults, not just the band."

"SHIT!" David said under his breath with feeling. "How long do we have to pack?"

"Until night fall, then we have to get you out. No questions, David. Get what you need and get ready to go."

"No problem, Commandant. We'll get started now. Thank you for calling."

"It's my job, David. It's my job." The Commandant hung up.

David returned to the couch he and Brie were sitting on for the interview. "I'm sorry, but we have to end the interview. We have a family emergency to tend to."

"That's fine", the reporter said. "It was great of you to invite me in to do this. We'll go now so that you can attend to your family." The crew packed up and left.

David looked at Brie. "Gert everyone over the age of 18 gathered into the living room. I have some BAD news."

185Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 01:36

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 96

"WE HAVE TO WHAT?" Mike demanded.

"We're being relocated, possibly out of state, I don't know. All I know is that we're wasting daylight by standing here talking about it. We need to start packing for not only ourselves, but our kids as well", David said.

"But, a DEATH SQUAD?! What the hell did we do to warrant a DEATH SQUAD?" Dan yelled.

"I piss people off, Danny. That's just what I do. Now, can we stop talking about it and get walking about it. We have four hours to pack as much shit as we can to get the hell out of here", David said, perfectly calm.

Brie came from upstairs carrying two suit cases. "David, honey, I have the kids packed. We need to get our stuff packed."

David glanced over his shoulder. "Did you get toys and all, baby?"

"As many of them as I could. These suit cases will only hold so much."

"Bottles and baby food for Maddie?"

"Bottles, yes, baby food is next on the list."

Tina stared in awe. "She's already started?"

"Yeah, she takes this seriously, as we all should. Now, once you all decide to push your shock aside and jump into action, then do it. I've got to help my wife pack our stuff to get out of here." David walked off.

--------------

David and Brie were in their bedroom packing their things to be evacuated that night. "Do you know if they're going to keep us all together or separate us?" Brie asked, breaking the silence that had fallen over the room when they got the suitcases out and laid them on the bed.

"No, honey, I don't. I know that the families themselves will be together, but I'm not sure if we're going to be kept together as a group."

She nodded. "David, give me a pistol."

He looked at her. "Give you a what?"

"You heard me, David. I want a pistol, just in case."

He pulled one out of the drawer in his beside table. "Here, it's fully loaded, I've got mags in my suitcase. I'll give you a few in a little bit."

She put the pistol in the back of the waist band of her pants, then went back to packing.

186Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 08:20

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
damn! and I thought I needed an ark in the other story...holy shit...wow

187Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 16:15

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I know, it's getting deep in here. I've got some stuff up my sleeve that will fuck people up. Stay tuned.

Asylum Guy

Last edited by Disturbed1forEternity on Sat 03 Jul 2010, 19:20; edited 1 time in total

188Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 19:19

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 97

The Commandant rolled up with four Humvees right at sunset. He just walked in the house. The families were ready to go. "The houses we're sending you to for the night are fully furnished, and fully stocked with supplies including weaponry. But, this will only be for one night. As of first light tomorrow morning, you'll all be moved to a new safe house outside of Colorado. That's the only way we can guarantee your safety. Are there any questions?"

"I have one", Nicole said. "Where out of state?"

"A small town in Oklahoma called Tahlequah. It's the Capitol of the Cherokee nation in that state. You'll be living in the country where no one will bother you. You're gophers have all been informed. Those who can't follow you there have contacts in the state that will take their place amongst you running errands and things like that for you."

David laughed. "The capitol of the Cherokee nation in Oklahoma. I just hope we don't get scalped."

"Yours wouldn't sell for anything anyway, honey, no hair", Brie laughed with him. They were trying to keep the mood light, but no one thought they were funny but the Commandant, who didn't laugh, but howled.

"That was tasteless, David and Brie", Dan said.

Mike thought about it for a moment, then chuckled. "Actually, it wasn't that bad. His scalp wouldn't sell for anything because he's bald. That was kind of funny, Danny, you have to admit."

John laughed. "What would mine sell for I wonder?"

"Not a fucking thing. It would loose value once they looked at your scalp and saw that you're NOT black", Brie told him as she laughed.

--------------

The band members were on the move with their families. As the Resistance Hummers rolled out of site of the house, it exploded. David looked at the Commandant. "Are you kidding me?"

"We didn't do that, David. THAT was the Utopians. They were going to kill you all and take the kids into custody as wards of the state. They'd planned on powerful families taking them in."

"Not happening to my kids", Brie said defiantly.

"Not happening at all, Mrs. Draiman", the Commandant responded.

A bullet grazed off the side of the Humvee. "Kids, get down in the floor board", Brie ordered as the pulled the pistol out of her waistband. "Malachai, keep Maddie close to you." She pulled the slide back.

She glanced with her eyes to see that David had done the same, and slid two magazines over to her in the seat. "Don't miss", he said.

"You either." They hung their upper bodies out the windows to the Humvee and started shooting.

-------------

The fire fight raged on. Brie and David were picking the Utopian soldiers off two and three at a time and watching them fall to the ground, when out of no where, Brie howled in pain. "FUCK!" she screamed. "I'm hit!" and she slithered back into the cab of the Humvee.

David snaked back in too. "I got the bastard. Are you ok?"

"No, David, I've just been shot! Am I ok?"

He smiled. "Still the smart ass. Let me get a look at it."

She moved her hand and he looked at the wound. "Through and through. When we get to the safe house, I'll clean it and close it."

"You're going to cauterize my shoulder?" She laughed. "Do me a favor and don't use a fork."

He laughed. "Damn it, I got caught."

Last edited by Disturbed1forEternity on Sat 03 Jul 2010, 23:49; edited 1 time in total

189Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 19:58

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
damn!

190Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 21:17

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Tahlequah, OK? Where did you pull THAT from? LOL!

You know I live in Oklahoma, right? Tahlequah is northeast of where I live. I think it's an hour or so outside of Tulsa.

191Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 21:23

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 98

The Humvee rolled into the driveway where David and his family were staying for the night. The soldiers carried in the luggage, Malachai carried Maddie, and the twins held onto their mom's hand as they walked into the house. David insisted on carrying Brie into the house, no matter how hard she fought him, and carried her straight into the kitchen where the liquor cabinet was.

Malachai came into the kitchen after laying Maddie down in the bassinet in the living room. "Dad, is there anything I can do to help?"

"Get me a spoon from the silverware drawer over there", David said as he poured the Everclear on Brie's arm. She locked her jaw so as not to scream. Malachai handed David a spoon from the drawer as David reached in his pocket and pulled out a lighter. "Leave Malachai, go keep an eye on you brother and sisters. I think Maddie needs a bottle by now. Can you give it to her for me, son?" David said as he heated the spoon with the lighter.

"Yes, sir. I'll go feed Maddie. I think Jake and Jordan are laying in the floor watching GI Joe or something."

"Live action?"

"I think so."

"Go watch it with them. I need to tend to your Mama." David touched the back of the spoon to the exit wound, expecting Brie to scream. But she didn't. She bit down on her lip so hard it looked like she was going to bite it off. Malachai left the room right as David put the spoon to his Mama's shoulder.

David reheated the spoon. "It's ok to scream you know."

"No, it's not", Brie growled through her teeth. "It hurts lik hell, but I'm not going to scream." She swallowed as he touched the spoon to her shoulder again. She took breaths until he pulled the spoon back and made her lay back in the chair.

"It's not going to mean you're weak if you scream", he said as he reheated the spoon again.

"I know that, but I don't want to scare the kids."

"Malachai would have stood in here and watched me do this if I didn't send im into the living room with the twins and Maddie."

"Of that, I have no doubt." She hissed when he touched the spoon to shoulder again.

"I'm almost done, then I'll clean it again on both sides and dress it." He was fighting to remain calm, but inside he was raging. No one hurt his wife... NO ONE!!!

192Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 21:25

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
GuiltyPleasures wrote:Tahlequah, OK? Where did you pull THAT from? LOL!

You know I live in Oklahoma, right? Tahlequah is northeast of where I live. I think it's an hour or so outside of Tulsa.

Baby, I used to live in Tahlequah. i used to run the foot hills outside that city. That town has a piece of my heart. I also used to live in Miami. My little brother was born there as a matter of fact.

193Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 21:30

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Wow! Small world, isn't it?

194Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 21:56

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Yep. A really small one. My brother is now living in the SAME CITY you do, good ol' OKC!

195Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sat 03 Jul 2010, 23:42

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN CONTENTS THAT ARE UNSUITABLE. READER DISGRESSION IS ADVISED.

Chapter 99

David finished cauterizing the wounds in Brie's shoulder, keeping his rage to himself. But, he wasn't fooling her. She could see it in his face, in the set of his shoulders, the way he held his chin in he air defiantly. "Baby, he's dead. You killed him. Revenge doesn't get any better than that", she said as they were getting ready for bed.

He sighed. "I wish we could have captured him so that I could have tortured him for that shit. No one hurts my family."

She laughed a little. "I know how you feel, but the Utopians don't get that shit. But look at the bright side."

He grinned slightly. "What's that?"

"I didn't miss." She laughed as she curled up in the bed. "Now lay down with me. This strange bed is AWFULLY LONELY without you." She patted the bed next to her.

He laughed and slid in under the covers. "Happy now?"

She shook her head. "No."

He scooted closer to her. "What would make you happy?"

She climbed on top of him, straddling his hips. "Do you have to ask?" she asked with a smile and leaned down.

"No, not sorry I did though." His lips touched hers.

--------------

David's phone rang at the crack of dawn. he rolled sleepily over and grabbed it from the bed side table. "Hello?" he asked when he answered.

"Get your family up, Draiman. We're on our way to come get you to move you to the new safe house", the gruff baritone said.

David reached up and rubbed his head. "Ok, we're getting up, Commandant." He hung up then leaned into Brie. "Baby, we need to get up and get the kids ready to go. The Resistance is on their way to get us and take us to the new safe house."

She blinked awake. "I'm up, I'm up." She rubbed her eyes.

As she tried to sit up, David's arm constricted around her. "I can't get a good morning kiss?" he asked.

She smiled. "Come here", she said and kissed him. There was nothing chaste about it.

He coughed when she broke the kiss. "THAT was a good morning kiss. You should kiss me like that EVERY TIME I wake you in the morning!"

She smiled and moved his arm. "If I did that, though, it wouldn't be NEARLY as exciting for you." She climbed out of bed and went to her suit case, pulling out a pair of jeans, a graphic t-shirt, and her boots, then went for the bathroom. "Go get the kids up, then join me in the shower."

"Why are you taking a shower?"

"In case you forgot, my love, I DID get shot last night. I'd LIKE to get the blood off of my skin and look at the cauterized wound." She shut the door behind her.

When he heard the water start running, he crawled out of bed, and slipped into some shorts before going to the kids' rooms and waking them up. "COME ON KIDS! WE GOTTA MOVE. GET UP, GET DRESSED."

Malachai trudged out of his room. "Dad, you want me to get Maddie ready to go?"

"No, just give her a morning bottle after you get dressed. Either your Mama or I will handle it after we get out of the shower."

Yes, sir", Malachai yawned.

"And make sure the twins get up and dressed. If they're not ready to go by the time I'm out of the shower... well, they don't wanna know what's going to happen", David said over his shoulder as he walked back to the bedroom. He pulled some clothes out of his suitcase, a pair of jeans, some boots, a grey t-shirt with some killer graphics on the front, and went to the bathroom to join his wife in the shower.

When he stepped in to the bathroom, he heard her give a low hiss. "OUCH!" she said under her breath. She took another deep breath as he got undressed. "God that hurts!"

He stepped into the shower. "Are you ok, honey?"

"I'm trying to clean the wound and it hurts like hell. If it weren't necessary, then I wouldn't do it." She touched the soap to her shoulder again, then huffed out the air she'd just took in.

"Here, let me do it." He took the soapy wash cloth from her and carefully cleaned her shoulder, front and back. "It's not as bad as I thought it would be. We just have to keep it clean and covered so that it doesn't get infected."

"And the fact that you cleaned it with Everclear isn't going to exacerbate the chances of infection?"

"No, it's 200 proof. Pretty much pure alcohol. The wound is clean, closed and there is little risk of infection as long as we keep it clean covered." He dropped the wash cloth and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, pulling her against his body and kissing her neck.

"Gee, David, don't make it so obvious", she laughed, then let out a soft moan.

"Why not? More fun this way", she growled against her neck, then pushed her against the wall.

--------------

While Brie was drying her hair, David went and checked on the kids. he had an outfit for Maddie in hand as he walked out to the living room. Jacob and Jordan were pulling on their shoes with Malachai telling them, "Daddy's gonna be out here any minute. You two better hurry up or he's gonna get you."

David rounded the corner. "Malachai, I meant that they needed to have their clothes on. I didn't care about shoes because they're still learning to tie their shoes on their own."

"I know, Dad, and I was going to help them."

"Did you give Maddie her bottle?"

"Yes sir. She chugged it", Malachai said with a laugh.

David laughed with a shrug. "She really is my child."

196Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sun 04 Jul 2010, 03:09

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 100

Right as Brie walked out of the Bedroom, fully dressed, pulling her and David's suitcases behind her, the Commandant opened the door. "Ok, Draiman family, let's move. We've got a long drive ahead of us. Well, you do. I'm not accompanying you on this journey. Too many things to do here."

"Not a problem, commandant", David said.

"Please, just tell me that there's a way for us to strap Maddie into a car seat", Brie said.

"There is, Mrs. Draiman. We actually have an SUV for you to take to Oklahoma, and an untraceable GPS with the coordinates to the safe house. You will not be followed to closely by Resistance soldiers, but you will be covered", the Commandant told them

"Are the other guys and their families traveling the same way?" David asked.

"Yes."

"Ok, let's move", David said to his family.

--------------

It took five minutes to move the Draiman family into the Ford Explorer that the Resistance had supplied, and that included loading Maddie into the car seat that was in the middle of the first row of back seats. Malachai sat in the back, because there were no seats in the middle due to the seats for his three younger siblings. It didn't bother him.

David loaded a DVD into the DVD player and then started driving with Brie by his side. She sat staring out the window and it reminded him of the day they met. She looked so helpless and confused. Then, after four years of fighting to get comfortable and find structure and order, just to be uprooted again and have to fight for it all over again. He wanted to say something to comfort her, but he knew that nothing he could say would help. He'd been with her for too long not to know that. He just reached across the divide and took her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

She looked over at him and smiled. "Thank you", she mouthed. he just nodded.

--------------

About fifteen hours later, they finally arrived at the new safe house in the middle of fucking NO WHERE! The other guys wee no where to be found. About half way through the drive, they switched out drivers, so Brie is the one that pulled up in front of the house. The kids were all asleep, as was David. She took in a deep breath, and sighed. So, this was her new hell. She shook away the thought. "Baby, we're here."

He came awake slowly, lifting his head from the window. He looked at the house. "Geez, it barely looks big enough for the six of us let alone for all four band members and their families. God, what the hell is the Agency thinking?"

She shrugged. "I don't know, honey. But I do know that we need to get inside and get situated before the other guys get here."

He nodded. "Ok, let's get the kids in. We'll just put them to bed and that will be that. They can shower in the morning." They both got out and unloaded the kids, carrying them two at a time, and laying them in the first room that had multiple beds, including a crib. The house was bigger than they had thought, more spread out. David went out and got the luggage while Brie changed Maddie's diaper and got her back to sleep, which didn't take long.

Brie met David in their new bedroom and flopped on the bed. "God, I'm tired", she said, her voice muffled from being face down in the covers.

He pulled his boots off and laid down next to her. "I know, baby. driving seven and a half hours straight sucks. I was starting to feel it after three hours behind the wheel."

She snuggled against the strength of his chest. "That's not why I'm tired."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just tired of this war. I'm tired of not being able to leave my house to do anything. I'm tired of all of it. I mean, today is the first time the twins and Maddie have left that house. They were born in that house. We've been captive in that house for four years, and now, how long are we going to be in this one?"

He kissed her forehead. "Baby, you've been my strength for the past four years, now it's my turn to be yours. When you feel your strength start to waiver, lean on me. That's what I'm here for, ok?"

She nodded against his chest. "I love you, David."

He smiled. "I love you, too, Brie. Now, let's go to sleep."

197Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sun 04 Jul 2010, 08:39

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
awww so sweet! if this is made into a movie I wanna be Brie...hahahaha

198Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sun 04 Jul 2010, 15:43

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Do you have the rocking abs, obliques, biceps and triceps? lol. That is the criteria to play Brie.

199Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sun 04 Jul 2010, 17:29

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 101

"Are you fucking kidding me?" was the cry that woke David at eight the next morning. It sounded like Dan.

David climbed out of bed and went out into the living room. "Could you please keep it down?" he asked. "Brie had a very rough night last night and needs rest."

"Sorry, brother, but it looks so small from the outside", Dan said.

"And it's all one level. What the hell?" Mike said.

"Look, guys, all I'm asking is that you take the shock down a decibel or two, ok?" David asked and walked off. When he got back to the room, Brie wasn't in bed. He listened closely, trying to find her. He heard something in the bathroom, so he want to check it out. When he opened the bathroom door, he found her crumbled in the floor crying. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"God it hurts!" she screamed, her hands at her abdomen.

"What hurts?" he asked her calmly.

"My stomach. Holy fuck, it hurts!" she sobbed.

"Hold on a second, ok? I'm gonna go see if the guys will try to find the red phone and call for a doctor." He stood and jogged into the living room. "Guys, see if there's a red phone house to call the Agency here in the area. Brie's in serious pain."

"What's wrong?" John asked.

"She's laying on our bathroom floor screaming in pain that her stomach hurts. FIND THE FUCKING RED PHONE!!!" David yelled and started searching the house. "FINALLY!" he cried when he found the phone in the kitchen. He just picked it up. There was no need to dial.

The other end rang. "This is the Agency in Tahlequah", the sultry alto said

"Yes, this is David Draiman. I need medical assistance at the safe house NOW!"

"Right away, Mr. Draiman."

David slammed the phone down back on the cradle and went back to Brie. As he ran through the house, he shouted to the guys, "I found it! Send the medical unit to my room as soon as they get here." When he got back to the bathroom, Brie had moved to leaning over the toilet. She had reached up to flush the toilet, and lost consciousness. David checked for a pulse. She was still alive, still breathing, her heart still beating. Holy God in heaven, what was wrong with his wife?

200Something I'm making up as I go.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Something I'm making up as I go.. Sun 04 Jul 2010, 19:40

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Chapter 102

The medical team arrive not two minutes after David slammed the phone back on the cradle. The lead medic started questioning David immediately as he worked on her. "What happened?" he asked.

"I got up to ask my brothers to keep the noise down, when I came back she was in here on the floor crying. She started screaming that it hurt. I asked what, and she said her stomach and her hands were at her abdomen. I ran out to find the red phone, called you fuckers, then ran back in here. I found her on the toilet, unconscious. I checked for breathing and a pulse, then sat here with her waiting on you guys to show up."

They had laid her on the floor, and there was blood, lots of blood, on her clothes and the floor. "Looks like a miscarriage, and she lost consciousness from the pain and blood loss. The Doctor will be able to tell you more." The medic broke something and waved it under her nose. She sneezed and blinked awake.

"What the hell was that?" David asked.

"Smelling salts. Usually brings them right back to the real world", the female medic said, then went to tending to Brie. "Mrs. Draiman, do you know where you are?" she asked.

"My new safe house in my bathroom floor", she said groggily, like she was only half there.

"What is today's date?"

"It's January 22, not sure of the year, but I know it's my twins' birthday. They're four today."

"That's good. How many children do you have?"

"Four. Two boys, two girls. Malachai, age 8, Jordan and Jacob, age four today, and Madison, age 7 months."

"How long have you been married?"

"Four and a half years. Five years in June."

"What day in June, Mrs. Draiman?"

"June 20."

"That's good. Do you remember if you hit your head at any point?"

"No, I don't think I did."

"Ok, Mrs. Draiman, we're going to move you to the bed now so that the doctor can examine you. Your husband will be with you the entire time." Brie nodded and they moved her to the bed. One medic lifted under her arms and the other took her legs. When they reached the bed, they laid her in it, and pulled the covers up over her. The female medic turned to David. "The Doctor is here. She'll be in to examine your wife momentarily." She signaled to other medic and they left.

As they walked out of the room, a tall, slender woman walked in. She extended a hand to David. "Hello, Mr. Draiman. I'm Dr. Chase. I'm the Doctor for the local branch of the Agency. I'm going to step out really fast and speak to the medics to get an idea of what I'm working on, and I'll be right back."

"Of course, Doctor. I'm going to sit with me wife while we wait."

--------------

The Doctor came back in and examined Brie. "Just what I suspected. Miscarriage, about half way through the first trimester. Did you known that she was pregnant?"

"No, I didn't, and she would have told me if she had known."

The Doctor nodded. "Did she have any of the usual symptoms?"

"Not that I noticed. I mean, with her two previous pregnancies, she had the usual symptoms. The morning sickness, the mood swings, all of that. I didn't notice anything like that."

The Doctor popped off her gloves. "Well, Mr. Draiman, it looks like your wife didn't know, but she was pregnant. All of the markers point to a boy. You would have had another son in seven months. God, I love modern technology."

David nodded in shock. "Thank you for coming out, Dr. Chase."

"Not a problem, Mr. Draiman. It's an honor to work on the spouse of the most outspoken force in the Resistance. I'm just sorry that it had to be under such circumstances." She sighed. "She's resting comfortably. I gave her morphine. Mostly for the pain, but it was to help her sleep, too. There are a couple of syringes of morphine on the table should you need them. Just push them through the IV. I've giving her IV fluids. Make sure she eats something today, keep her stress level to a minimum. The kids can see her, but she is NOT to get out of bed unless she's going to the bathroom, then it's right back to bed until at the earliest tomorrow afternoon. I'll be back then to check on her and see how she's doing. She can take a shower to clean off the blood from the miscarriage, but not until after BioHazard cleans up the mess." She extended a hand.

David nodded. "Alright. Thanks again, Doctor." He took her hand and shook. "I'll be sure to follow those orders to a tee and look forward to your visit tomorrow."

She gave him a nod and left.

David went to Brie's bedside and sat in a chair, unsure of what to do. Never had he felt so helpless. He'd been with her through her brother being imprisoned, the birth of the twins and Madison, the loss of her former life including her home and a successful business, her son being told she was dead and sent to her parents' house. What else was life going to throw at them? He reached out and took her hand and she stirred. "Hey, beautiful", he said.

"I look like hell, and I know it", she said with a faint smile. "Join me in bed. I need you to hold me." Her face convulsed like she was fighting off crying.

He walked around to the other side of the bed and crawled in, wrapping his arms around her. She scooted into him as far as the IV would let her, burying her face in his chest and sobbing. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know I was pregnant again."

"Shh, it's not your fault. It's ok. It happens." He rubbed her back while she cried. She couldn't see it, but as she cried, so did he.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com