Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Thu 27 May 2010, 05:44

ThePlague

ThePlague
Eye of the Storm
To be honest I think They are making to many songs about relationships .
Asylum, Crucified, The Infection, Facade, Inside the fire, Stupify, Rise, Mistress, Bound, Just Stop, Pain Redefined and Deceiver.. all about relationships/Love

But in the end, the meaning of the songs doesnt really matter, as long as the songs are great.. And they all are... and i'm pretty sure the new ones will be it to

52Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Thu 27 May 2010, 19:36

A Disturbed Mind

A Disturbed Mind
Believer
I like What the song Mine Mean

53Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sat 29 May 2010, 15:50

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
ThePlague wrote:To be honest I think They are making to many songs about relationships .
Asylum, Crucified, The Infection, Facade, Inside the fire, Stupify, Rise, Mistress, Bound, Just Stop, Pain Redefined and Deceiver.. all about relationships/Love

But in the end, the meaning of the songs doesnt really matter, as long as the songs are great.. And they all are... and i'm pretty sure the new ones will be it to
i understand where your coming from but the thing is this is what gives david his inspiration for the songs. Many of them can mean anything. Just Stop, Deceiver, and Pain Redefined are a few of my favorite songs but i didnt even realize they were about relationships. That isnt how i interpret them.

For example, even though david described asylum of being a bout a love and a memory haunting someone and making them both insane and feel secure, whenever i listen to it id remember a memory i have that was too good to be true. A memory that i wish i can have again but i know its not possible, one that involves a girl or something else.

What i mean is just beacuse david gets inspiration for a song through a relationship it doesnt have to be about that specifically and i dont believe it to be that way. Now inside the fire is a different situation.

54Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sat 29 May 2010, 16:40

Get Psycho

Get Psycho
Very interested in the Animal a Werewolf sounds interesting

55Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Asylum Song Interpretation's Tue 01 Jun 2010, 11:55

disturbed fan86

disturbed fan86
Warrior
ThePlague wrote:To be honest I think They are making to many songs about relationships .

ThePlague I just wanted to tell actually Disturbed's "Just Stop" isn't about a relationship the offical song meaning is that your other half of yourself is always arguing with you and you want it to "Just Stop" your welcome.

56Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 04 Jun 2010, 23:18

tswmcello

tswmcello
Believer
First of all, this album sounds like its gonna kick-ass, second of all, if you wanna have a discussion about global warming you could take it to the General Discussion and it would be perfectly fine. I'm not trying to be a jerk but this is sorta the thread for the Asylum Album, not global warming. Also, I really think Never Again will be very interesting, about nazi germany? yah it can't not be something interesting but also probably depressing.

57Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 06 Jun 2010, 03:37

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
God everything sounds so perfect!!

Each song has new meanings and they all are amazing! Honestly Disturbed is the reason why i continue on, god i am literally shaking with anticipation, it's building up inside me i can feel it! They are my drug, my fix, my everything, they are what i need each and every day to go on!

I....NEED....NOW!!!

58Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 02:19

Darth Wraith

Darth Wraith
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
CrowX wrote:
Serpentine
It's meant to paint that demonic picture. You're talking about a succubus in the song—a manipulative, unscrupulous demonic woman who utilizes her sexuality to prey on the weaknesses of men.

Whoa... that could describe any number of women David's been associated with on a romantic level. Beautiful women are a weakness for him, and instinctively, they know that. So they use him for whatever he's worth (be that fame, the prestige of dating a rock star, etc.) then when he ceases to be useful to them, they cast him aside, leaving him heartbroken... and the serpentine/succubus laughs demonically at his pain.

Okay, that's my take on it, at any rate. I could be totally wrong. Guess I'll have to wait for the CD to come out to see if I'm right, wrong, or in the ballpark.

Just a thought.

First of all, David Draiman is the Most Genius Song Writer I Have Ever Known of!!!!! Second, the quote about the succubus, well that unfortunately describes pretty much every woman I have ever run into, I'm hoping that will change, but I'm not holding My breath.

THIS IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH: When I was 15 Years old, I met a girl named Kimberly, I Loved her for 5 Years, gave up everything to be with her, got arrested for her, stole for her, betrayed My family for her. I nearly married this girl, until 5 years after we met, she cheated on me with 7 guys, she screwed all 7 guys in the span of about a month........ I still can't believe it could have been possible to this day, but I take her word for it. Not only did she tell Me this, she told Me it was My fault, that I drove her away. Okay folks, if I drove her away (and I don't think I did) that's all well and good, but WHYTF!!!!!!! cheat on Me with 7 OTHER GUYS!!!!!!!! BREAK UP WITH ME YOU STUPID C$%@!!!!!!!!! Don't drag Me along with You. She later came to Me and told Me how sorry she was, that she was quote "a angel with her wings cut off", YEAH RIGHT lol!!!!!!!!!!! She then went on to tell Me that she had feelings for another guy off of Myspace for the last year of our relationship.......... And if this wasn't enough, she became Pregnant from the POS army duche, who didn't even have a car. (I respect the Military, I just hate this guy, and I wanted to mention that he was in the army because he didn't have anything else to tie him to), there child should be about 2 years old now.......

This Put Me into a state of ANGUISH like You can not believe, it was then that I found Disturbed, 3 albums had come out before this all happened. I found SOLACE in there Music, I found a REASON TO LIVE, There SONGS KEPT ME FROM ENDING MY LIFE. (And I am not joking at all, when I say that I have held a knife to My throat Many Many Times and thought to Myself "just one quick slice, and it's all over, no more pain".

David Draiman is MY HERO, He has gone through alot of the same shit that we all have, and for that HE HAS MY RESPECT AND MY ALLEGIANCE FOR ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISTURBED IS THE GREATEST BAND THAT EVER HIT THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please David Don't Ever Stop Making Music, I Love You Brother.

59Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 08:10

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
im just gonna say man. im glad disturbed was there for you like its been for us. weve all been through hard times. we gotta find something true (i mean other than God) to hold on to. and that i find is disturbed. im glad you found this forum. from all of us welcome my brother The Indestructible O

60Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 12:23

Darth Wraith

Darth Wraith
4everDisturbed wrote:im just gonna say man. im glad disturbed was there for you like its been for us. weve all been through hard times. we gotta find something true (i mean other than God) to hold on to. and that i find is disturbed. im glad you found this forum. from all of us welcome my brother The Indestructible O

Thank You Brother, I Am Honored To Be One of the Disturbed One's!!!!!!!!!!!!

61Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 14 Jun 2010, 14:55

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Hey guys i know what another way to die reminds me of. I just saw the movie "Avatar" like two weeks ago and i loved that movie. that song reminds me of the movie.

62Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 16 Jun 2010, 03:40

enemyno1

enemyno1
what i get from "another way to die" isnt really just about global warming but also the disrespect for our planet and the pollution that we make that affects not just ourselves but all the other animals that live on this planet.

Chuck Norris

63Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Thu 17 Jun 2010, 05:26

Icupalotlol

Icupalotlol
Come on August!!!

64Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 25 Jun 2010, 13:50

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
imho i didnt want 4 songs about david's bad relationships.

65Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 25 Jun 2010, 22:28

AdamZeZ

AdamZeZ
Stupified
Well, that's because Another Way To Die isn't about Global Warming lol. It's about the human race and it's extermination to the planet.

Honestly, I am not liking the song meanings for this album. I mean, of course I will give Disturbed a chance and jam away to anything they put out. But My Child, Three, Animal... They just sound weak. I mean, I know they are going to kick ass. I'm just saying...

And I disagree with a lot of people here. I love the relationship songs that Disturbed make. David does a great job with them.

66Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 27 Jun 2010, 03:20

ABlume

ABlume
I totally agree with AdemZeZ.

The track listing with the song meanings seems like a pot-pourri. No red thread leading through the album. Pieces about relationships, global warming, horror characters, Nazis, religion, the legal system just scattered around.

Well, let´s wait and see what the new album will be really like. I hope and trust they can pull it off just fine.

(By the way I love Another Way To Die. This one is awesome.)

67Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 27 Jun 2010, 11:02

kr0w93

kr0w93
Asylum
Omfg, Disturbed fans arguing amongst themselves on the internet. Get a fucking or leave already goddamnit. The rest of us don't need that crap here.

Anyways, it sounds pretty good. These really seem pretty personal.

The Animal though.... that's a little iffy, made me chuckle a bit. I'm sure they'll all be good though. My child seems VERY touching. I myself, want a kid and that's just heartbreaking to hear that shit.

68Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 27 Jun 2010, 13:02

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
kr0w93 wrote: My child seems VERY touching. I myself, want a kid and that's just heartbreaking to hear that shit.

It does, doesn't it? You don't often hear about the father's side of miscarriage. Yeah, the woman has to physically go through it, but her partner feels just as devastated by the loss of their child. Lots of "what ifs" cross your mind.

This is going to be the one song on this album I won't be able to listen to for a while. Hits way too close to home for me.

69Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 07 Jul 2010, 11:16

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
GuiltyPleasures wrote:

This is going to be the one song on this album I won't be able to listen to for a while. Hits way too close to home for me.

i feel the same way about some songs, not just from Disturbed, but from a lot of bands

i know exactly what you mean

70Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 12 Jul 2010, 16:44

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
I just gotta say that i get re-pumped every time i come on this site.
THIS ALBUM IS GONNA FUCK THE WORLD!!!!

71Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 12 Jul 2010, 17:03

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
I really hope that Never Again has that same high octane epic feeling and rhythm the way Remember, Overburdened and The Night has...I like the slower tracks a lot more!

72Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 12 Jul 2010, 18:43

yanksandjetsfan

yanksandjetsfan
Disturbed One
i cant believe people are already criticizing them w/o even hearing the songs. The Animal, Warrior, Crucified, Asylum, Never Again, Serpentine. Sounds pretty fuckin heavy to me. jesus, haters these days... this album will blow everyone away, guarenteed.

73Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 12 Jul 2010, 22:58

LittleWildman

Stupified
The Infection and Crucified seem like they'll be pretty significant to me, I've been through a break up recently, so I'll look forward to those.

74Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Thu 22 Jul 2010, 17:44

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
My Child is defiantly a song that i'm looking forward to. It's gonna produce a style of emotion that i think we haven't seen in a while, something very, very deep.

Too pumped

75Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 3 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 23 Jul 2010, 15:31

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
AdamZeZ wrote:Well, that's because Another Way To Die isn't about Global Warming lol. It's about the human race and it's extermination to the planet.

Honestly, I am not liking the song meanings for this album. I mean, of course I will give Disturbed a chance and jam away to anything they put out. But My Child, Three, Animal... They just sound weak. I mean, I know they are going to kick ass. I'm just saying...

And I disagree with a lot of people here. I love the relationship songs that Disturbed make. David does a great job with them.

How does songs dealing with the loss of a child and three innocent kids who were wrongly convicted of murder seem weak? Are you insane?

The Animal I could agree with, seems like it's a more tongue-in-cheek song.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com