Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Asylum Song Interpretation's Sat 08 May 2010, 22:33

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Asylum
In particular, deals with the memory of a lost loved one driving you to the brink of insanity, yet that memory is a haven for you. It's also a safe place that you go to hide in. So while you're trapped within the memory on a certain level, you don't want to be set free of it.

Another Way To Die
is about the acknowledgment of global catastrophe that we know as global warming, and the effects that it continues to have on our planet; our irresponsibility in doing what we do as species, our constant appetite, our constant consumption at all costs. No matter what is destroyed, no matter what is laid to waste.

Serpentine
It's meant to paint that demonic picture. You're talking about a succubus in the song—a manipulative, unscrupulous demonic woman who utilizes her sexuality to prey on the weaknesses of men.

The Animal
Inspired By Movies Like Underworld and the Wolfman About somebody who transforms into a Werewolf Under the light of the full Moon

The Infection
Depression that you feel After a Relationship is over as if it is an infection

Warrior
About Anybody who needs fighting Inspiration

Never Again
About Nazi Holocaust of World War II

Innocence
About Corrupt Attorneys and the Criminals they choose to Defend

Crucified
About how your left feeling after a breakup you can't let them go as your left nailed to the cross and can't move on

Sacrifice
Talking about the two sides of our personality that are in each of us and in each of us is a jekyll and hyde. envokes the wrath of the Darker side in us all.

Mine
About religion as a catalyst for War

Three
About the West Memphis Three Called "Three"- These Kid who came from a Bible Belt Town and Just Because they Wore Black and Listened to Heavy Metal they were found Guilty of Murder even though there was no Evidence.

My Child
Talks about how David got a previous girlfriend pregnant and she miscarried.

IshfWilf - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2 Cover)
Bono said once that it's about a "wandering spirit." They're saying that they tried to love, they tried religion, they climbed mountains, they surpassed what most humans do, but they still haven't found what they are looking for in Life.

Last edited by CrowX on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 04:25; edited 16 times in total

2Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sat 08 May 2010, 22:59

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
Don't forget the meaning of the title track.

"Asylum," in particular, deals with the memory of a lost loved one driving you to the brink of insanity, yet that memory is a haven for you. It's also a safe place that you go to hide in. So while you're trapped within the memory on a certain level, you don't want to be set free of it.

3Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sat 08 May 2010, 23:32

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
jpmatrixfan88 wrote:Don't forget the meaning of the title track.

"Asylum," in particular, deals with the memory of a lost loved one driving you to the brink of insanity, yet that memory is a haven for you. It's also a safe place that you go to hide in. So while you're trapped within the memory on a certain level, you don't want to be set free of it.

Yeah your right thank you

4Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 09 May 2010, 07:35

Stricken_Mistress

Stricken_Mistress
Inside The Fire
Very interesting...particularly Serpentine.

5Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 09 May 2010, 11:35

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
CrowX wrote:
jpmatrixfan88 wrote:Don't forget the meaning of the title track.

Yeah your right thank you

You're welcome!

6Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 12 May 2010, 22:53

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
CrowX wrote:
Serpentine
It's meant to paint that demonic picture. You're talking about a succubus in the song—a manipulative, unscrupulous demonic woman who utilizes her sexuality to prey on the weaknesses of men.

Whoa... that could describe any number of women David's been associated with on a romantic level. Beautiful women are a weakness for him, and instinctively, they know that. So they use him for whatever he's worth (be that fame, the prestige of dating a rock star, etc.) then when he ceases to be useful to them, they cast him aside, leaving him heartbroken... and the serpentine/succubus laughs demonically at his pain.

Okay, that's my take on it, at any rate. I could be totally wrong. Guess I'll have to wait for the CD to come out to see if I'm right, wrong, or in the ballpark.

Just a thought.

7Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 12 May 2010, 22:59

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
CrowX wrote:
Serpentine

Whoa... that could describe any number of women David's been associated with on a romantic level. Beautiful women are a weakness for him, and instinctively, they know that. So they use him for whatever he's worth (be that fame, the prestige of dating a rock star, etc.) then when he ceases to be useful to them, they cast him aside, leaving him heartbroken... and the serpentine/succubus laughs demonically at his pain.

Okay, that's my take on it, at any rate. I could be totally wrong. Guess I'll have to wait for the CD to come out to see if I'm right, wrong, or in the ballpark.

Just a thought.

These are from David Himself So yeah they are correct.

8Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 12 May 2010, 23:19

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Awesome! I should have known that, though. I just expanded on it a bit.

9Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Thu 13 May 2010, 00:39

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
its so awesome that Disturbed's single is about Global warming. makes me like it a little already.

10Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Thu 13 May 2010, 22:49

disturbedlepgirl

disturbedlepgirl
Loading The Weapon
Definitely going to be an album we can all relate to in some way or another. Serpentine can certainly describe several men in my life to this point:P Just like Deceiver I'm pretty sure describes my exhusband to a tee.

11Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sat 15 May 2010, 11:41

NightHawk

NightHawk
Believer
Disturbed eco warriors....what has this world come to were so pittyful that we write songs about it but the government wont do jack coz they want to line there pockets!!!!!grrrr

GO DISTURBED FOR DOING SOMTHING Indestructible

12Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sat 15 May 2010, 14:40

Conker

Conker
The Animal
Serpentine.. lol, sounds good I guess.

13Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 16 May 2010, 11:35

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
cant wait for snippets!

14Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 16 May 2010, 19:43

disturbedlepgirl

disturbedlepgirl
Loading The Weapon
I wonder if snippets are coming?

15Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 17 May 2010, 10:24

Post Orgasmic Chill

Post Orgasmic Chill
One of The Ten Thousand
I hope these songs stay as personal as the other ones...because global warming, though it may be important, isn't exactly as deep as the other stuff he's written about (even though i'm sure he can make it that way). Good for them though for trying to put it out there a way that people might actually pay attention to it. :)
Serpentine sounds like it's going to be good!
Can't wait to hear the album!

16Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Tue 18 May 2010, 02:51

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
can't wait to hear this stuff.

17Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Tue 18 May 2010, 20:37

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:its so awesome that Disturbed's single is about Global warming. makes me like it a little already.
Okay i gotta say somethin. I dont wanna turn this into a fight about govt or whatever now but tbqh it annoyed me to hear the disturbed song is about global warming simply for the fact that it doesnt exist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This site explains every point saying global warming is NOT man-made. It is completely natural. The Earth has been cooling and heating forever. we don't cause it at all. It is a govt 'scam' to get money.

WHY? It actually has a good cause. The govt is using the "global warming funds" money to buy the amazon rain forest in effort to save them. Because the people who live / own the Amazon isn't just gonna give it up for free

Last edited by 4everDisturbed on Wed 19 May 2010, 01:04; edited 1 time in total

18Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 19 May 2010, 00:15

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
4everDisturbed wrote:
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:its so awesome that Disturbed's single is about Global warming. makes me like it a little already.
Okay i gotta say somethin. I dont wanna turn this into a fight about govt or whatever now but tbqh it annoyed me to hear the disturbed song is about global warming simply for the fact that it doesnt exist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This site explains every point saying global warming is NOT man-made. It is completely natural. The Earth has been cooling and heating forever. we don't cause it at all. It is a govt 'scam' to get money.

WHY? It actually has a good cause. The govt is using the "global warming funds" money to buy the amazon rain forest in effort to save them. Because the people who live / own the Amazon is just gonna give it up.

I understand the theory, but that doesnt mean that greenhouse gasses have no effect. While it is true that the earth has been naturally cooling off and heating up over time, there is also an obvious correlation between the increase of greenhouse gas emmissions and the hotter climate over time.

As for the idea that global warming is a government scam, i have serious trouble believing this. For one, there is way more money to be made in industries that emmit greenhouse gasses than preventing them. Second, it is more than obvious that countries like France, England, Norway and others have been using their money not primarily to save the rainforest, but in research and use of alternate energy resources. Third, I believe that one of the hundreds of countries that have acknowledged global warming as fact and have taken steps to prevent it would step up and say otherwise.

So while i see and understand the thought behind global warming being fact, i respectfully disagree.

19Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 19 May 2010, 01:04

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Okay i will do my best to address your points.
Firstly, i will say that greenhouse emmissions do have a correlation to this topic. But MAN-MADE emmissions do not cause this global warming. It is all natural. Something i can add is that about 2 volcanoes erupt a day. Their eruptions put more CO2 and bad gases into the air than we can ever cause. Our contributions to this planet's change in climate in minuscule. AND where you say that the "scam" is not very believable because of money made by those industries versus money gained to prevent them. Well, the govt gets our money through higher taxes. Those higher taxes are said to be for "global warming research". Im sorta confused at the point you were trying to make there. Those industries get the money they make to themselves. When i say that the govt gets money from this thing it is all through taxpayers wallets.

Secondly, i do not want you to get confused. Fossil fuels are non-renewable natural resources which means they (ex. coal) will eventually run out in the future. So the world (well major countries including the ones you named) have spent much money on research on alternative energy sources. Including US!!! the U.S. has spent time with wind and solar power possibilities. This research is completely separate to the Global Warming theory. And for you saying those other major nations are using money for for rainforests. Some of those countries are even the ones that asked for condones from Al Gore. And another reason we are doing it is because we are the wealthiest nation.

Lastly,about your final point. Every nation wants to believe in global warming because govt love having a reason to tax indistries. And I know this is hard to believe, but it was said only through the internet and on a couple radio shows (such as Rush Limbaugh) that a scientist in England was caught sending an email to a fellow scientist saying that global warming is a scam and they manipulate graphs and data enough to support man-made global warming. You may further look into this data because it is there. The US government didnt tell anyone or pay ANY acknowledgments to this scientist in England BECAUSE the government is the person behind it.
BTW i listen to Rush with my dad frequently. he read the email on the air.

Last edited by 4everDisturbed on Wed 19 May 2010, 09:22; edited 2 times in total

20Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 19 May 2010, 01:28

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
Global warming doesn't exist....LOLOLOL. Um, yes it does. Sorry. End of discussion.

21Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 19 May 2010, 02:18

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Are you too dumb to understand what were discussing? i like how you just stated something w/o any facts or support? and if you even were trying to pay attention i never said global warming (and technically global cooling) doesnt exist. Its been happening to this planet since the ice age. I said MAN-MADE global warming doesnt exist.

And hey moron, if you even took the effort to click on th link i provided on my first post, the article was written from the UNITED NATIONS. So how can they be wrong? dumbass

22Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 19 May 2010, 07:19

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
I can't wait for the album to come out! ^-^

23Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 19 May 2010, 11:42

The Disturbed Fan

The Disturbed Fan
Stupified
4everDisturbed wrote:Okay i will do my best to address your points.
Firstly, i will say that greenhouse emmissions do have a correlation to this topic. But MAN-MADE emmissions do not cause this global warming. It is all natural. Something i can add is that about 2 volcanoes erupt a day. Their eruptions put more CO2 and bad gases into the air than we can ever cause. Our contributions to this planet's change in climate in minuscule. AND where you say that the "scam" is not very believable because of money made by those industries versus money gained to prevent them. Well, the govt gets our money through higher taxes. Those higher taxes are said to be for "global warming research". Im sorta confused at the point you were trying to make there. Those industries get the money they make to themselves. When i say that the govt gets money from this thing it is all through taxpayers wallets.

Secondly, i do not want you to get confused. Fossil fuels are non-renewable natural resources which means they (ex. coal) will eventually run out in the future. So the world (well major countries including the ones you named) have spent much money on research on alternative energy sources. Including US!!! the U.S. has spent time with wind and solar power possibilities. This research is completely separate to the Global Warming theory. And for you saying those other major nations are using money for for rainforests. Some of those countries are even the ones that asked for condones from Al Gore. And another reason we are doing it is because we are the wealthiest nation.

Lastly,about your final point. Every nation wants to believe in global warming because govt love having a reason to tax indistries. And I know this is hard to believe, but it was said only through the internet and on a couple radio shows (such as Rush Limbaugh) that a scientist in England was caught sending an email to a fellow scientist saying that global warming is a scam and they manipulate graphs and data enough to support man-made global warming. You may further look into this data because it is there. The US government didnt tell anyone or pay ANY acknowledgments to this scientist in England BECAUSE the government is the person behind it.
BTW i listen to Rush with my dad frequently. he read the email on the air.

I agree with you 100% recently i had to write a paper about the volcano the erupted in Iceland and the when that incident happened with all the emmissions and so on, that emission set off more damage to the earth than man could do in 200 years. I dont see anyone blamming the Volcano for Global Warming. Global Warming is happening but it is a planetary cycle of repeated Warming and Cooling. Also in the 1970's Scientists said that the world would end in a giant Ice Age because of Global cooling. In 1990 the World will end in a flood due to the Polar Ice Caps melting.

Back to the song another way to die, is a good idea becuase most people worry about war, gangs, and other means that could take their lives. However there is also earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, and other forms of nature that are devistating.

24Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 19 May 2010, 11:56

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Yeah those scientists never give anyone sufficient evidence either. They also shout out that "we dont have enough time. We have to act now." But nothing has happened because its all natural.
Thats why i like disturbed songs so much. I can take this song and interpret however i want. and anyway David sings it with as much passion.

25Asylum Song Interpretation's  Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 19 May 2010, 18:08

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
im glad someone else agrees with me about the global warming thing. it kinda pisses me off how a song is ganna be about that. ah well u can't have everything you want can you... btw where did u get this info CrowX??

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com