Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

26Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Wed 20 Jun 2012, 19:57

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
David has mentioned a couple of times with over his twitter that Nine Inch Nails and Ministry are influences. If you check out the ABOUT section of the Deice Facebook page, it lists all of the bands that have been musical influences on the style they're going for.

https://www.facebook.com/Devicetheband/info <-- this link will go straight to the info...

27Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Fri 22 Jun 2012, 02:17

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
David said earlier over Facebook and Twitter that the beats were so funky that he had to make a stupid face... "cause it was getting that stoopid (but in a good way)". David thinks things are sounding magical... who's on pins and needles to hear some of this magic?

28Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Fri 22 Jun 2012, 14:40

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
They need to stop teasing us and let us hear a clip already. I don't care if its only one song and it only lasts 10 seconds, I'm on fucking pins and needles to hear the material.

29Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Fri 22 Jun 2012, 18:27

Hell

Hell
Yeah, it's not like there's alot of tension to build as it's kind of a first album. The main sales will most likely come from Disturbed fans.
Don't think there are alot of real fans who don't know about Device.

10 second clips ftw.

30Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Mon 25 Jun 2012, 01:07

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Update from David via the Device Facebook and Twitter pages:

"DAMN....THE SONGS FOR THIS SECOND ROUND OF RECORDING ARE SUPER STRONG. GOING TO BE TOUGH DECIDING WHAT MAKES THE RECORD."

Who's for a focus group to help decide and who would volunteer to be a part of that?

PS- the focus group thing was courtesy of our very own GuiltyPleasures. I'm just posing the question.

31Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Mon 25 Jun 2012, 14:46

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
David returned to the studio yesterday to start the 2nd half of the sessions. He wants a release before 2013, but its in the labels hands now so that date could be pushed back... alot. But since we are almost 7 months into the year, we should be seeing the samples and a single soon I hope. They cant hold out on us for too long

32Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Mon 25 Jun 2012, 16:15

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
It doesn't seem to be taking very long to track and mix all of these tracks. They should be done by the middle of next month at the latest. I say we'll be seeing a single by late September.

33Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Tue 26 Jun 2012, 19:20

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
David stated in twitter they should be done with making the album by the end of July and a drummer is coming soon.

34Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:30

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
KICKING ASS AND TAKING NAMES PEOPLE. DAY 1 OF VOCS IN THE BAG. HEADED TO NYC TO RECORD A SPECIAL (SECRET) GUEST ARTIST FOR ONE OF THE NEW DEVICE RECORD'S TRACKS. IT'S GOING TO BE KILLER - DAVID.

well, I'd love for it to be Ivan Moody, M Shadows, Lzzy Hale, or Brent Smith. I know Roger Waters is in the area up there for a show Friday. Wouldn't it be killer if David joined forces with Waters from Pink Floyd?

35Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Thu 28 Jun 2012, 14:16

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I totally agree. All of those would be awesome. I wish he was being a little more open about the project and who was paticipating other than Geno... but that he's not I think makes us want it even more.

36Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Fri 29 Jun 2012, 17:29

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
David over facebook and twitter about 45 minutes ago: "SECRET MISSION: COMPLETE. MAN OH MAN, THIS RECORD IS GOING TO BE CHOCK FULL OF SURPRISES!"

I wonder who he went to record with and what the song was? Man, this is going eat at me until we know!

37Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Sat 30 Jun 2012, 00:49

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
The first name that popped up in my head was Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil, so that's who I'm hoping it is. But I'm expecting it to be Lzzy Hale.

38Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Sat 30 Jun 2012, 01:21

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Either would be awesome!

39Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Sat 30 Jun 2012, 17:00

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Corey Taylor?

40Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Sat 30 Jun 2012, 18:45

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
He would be awesome too. Unfortunately we won't know until David decides to spill, or the record is either leaked or released. I hate only being able to speculate! LOL

41Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Sun 01 Jul 2012, 15:57

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum

anyone seen this?

42Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Sun 01 Jul 2012, 18:16

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I think I have... It seems familiar. Not sure though.

43Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Sun 01 Jul 2012, 19:46

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
pedia should have guessed it stay away from their stuff it all isent disturbed stuff its just something that disturbedpedia puts together im sure david will release something soon that is official

44Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Tue 03 Jul 2012, 00:59

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
ALL GUITARS, SYNTHS, ELECTRONICS, DRUMS, AND BASS TRACKS DONE. ONLY 4 SETS OF VOCALS LEFT!

45Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Tue 03 Jul 2012, 12:03

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
We have more song titles!

"VILIFY, RECOVER, WAR OF LIES, YOU THINK YOU KNOW, HUNTED; NEW ONES, OPINION, HAZE, PENANCE... MORE".

Of the eight we have, what are we looking forward to hearing?

46Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Tue 03 Jul 2012, 21:20

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
The more I try and single out few of them, they all sound badass. Since I HAVE to choose... War of lies, Recover, You think you know, Hunted.

47Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Wed 04 Jul 2012, 02:29

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
LOL... you didn't HAVE to chose dude! You could have said all of them and that would have been good. I feel the same way. They all sound bad ass and I can't wait to hear them! This waiting game sucks but as we all know it will be SOO worth it in the end.

48Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Wed 04 Jul 2012, 16:20

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Honestly I am not too excited by the band name (Device) but all of these song titles are badass. I can't wait to hear You Think You Know. It sounds unique. I really hope this album sounds like Korn's latest album: The Path of Totality! That album was a mix of hard rock and techno beats

49Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Wed 04 Jul 2012, 16:32

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I wasn't too thrilled about the project name either, but I like his explanation of it. But, David has said that it's not going to sound like Path of Totality. He tells everyone to think of Nine Inch Nails and Ministry. It's Industrial not Dubstep.

50Device updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Device updates Wed 04 Jul 2012, 19:22

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
Oh crap, I missed the meaning behind the name? Darn. What did David say about the meaning to the band name "Device"?
And yeah all the names sound badass. I so cannot wait. I seem to be drawn to Vilify for some reason, but I'm excited to hear them all. To be honest, I've never heard of Ministry and I've heard of Nine Inch Nails, just never heard a song by them, so this will be all new to me.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com