Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Sat 18 Sep 2010, 13:13

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Woooo, just finished a college entrance exam! Here's the new chapter everyone!!!!

Chapter Sixteen

"Maxime..."

She let out a soft sigh but didn't stir. The voice called again.

"Max..."

That voice...so familiar...

Maxime's eyes flew open. She gasped.

"D-David...?" she whispered.
David smiled as he leaned over her. "I'm here, Max."
"But...but...you're..." she reached up and touched his face. He felt real...solid.
"I escaped." David put one hand over hers. "I'm so sorry it took so long to get back to you, Max. I'm so sorry."
Tears welled up her eyes. He was here. David had come back to her! "What about...?"
"No...I'm the only one." His face contorted with pain. "I could've...I should've saved them..."
"It's all right, it's all right David," Maxime said softly. She smiled. "I missed you so much."
"So did I."

His lips descended upon hers and his arms wrapped around her, holding her close as he kissed her hungrily. Maxime sighed and kissed him back. It had seemed like years since she felt him like this...

But when she pulled away, her eyes widened. A scream rose in her throat.

Because she wasn't in David's arms. She was in Azazel's.

"I do a pretty good job of impersonating, don't I?" Azazel said with a smile.
Maxime pushed him away. "Where's David, you bastard?! Where is he?!" Tears ran down her cheeks.
"Probably in heaven. Or hell. Can't say." He stared at her. "I can take you to him, however. Just give me your soul. A soul is a small thing to pay, Max."
"Get away from me!" Maxime shouted. "Azrael!"
Azazel laughed cruelly. "he won't come for you, Max. He's given up on you and come to me."
"No...you're lying! He said....he said..."
"He'll protect you? He still can, my dear. He still has the power to."

Azrael stepped out of the shadows, his face dark but smiling. Maxime covered her mouth with her hand. Azrael's aura now matched Azazel.

"I've been too stupid to realize that I could protect you better if i came back to Azazel," Azrael said. "You can give your soul to me for eternity, Max. I'll protect your soul and you."
"No...no!" Maxime shouted. "You're not Azrael! You can't be him!"
"Believe me, Max, I am." He caressed her cheek. "I am."

Maxime bolted out of bed, going into the farthest corner of the apartment, far away from the two angels. They laughed. Azazel began to sing. His demons around him began to tap out a beat.

"Can you feel that?" Azazel asked softly.
Azrael grinned. "Oh shit..."

No...this can't be happening...no...

She began to sing softly to herself, hoping that this was just all a bad dream and she'll wake up...

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Broken your servant I kneel

Will you give in to me? Azazel asked.
It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing in me

Will you give in to me? he asked again.

Maxime looked out the window, at the reflecting glass, at the city outside.

Looking at my own reflection
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes
Oh no, there is no turning back now
You've woken up the demon in me...

Azazel was suddenly beside her, tilting her chin up, forcing her to look into his ruby eyes.

Get up, come on get down with the sickness, he sang.
Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
You mother get up come on get down with the sickness
You fucker get up come on get down with the sickness
Madness is the gift, that has been given to me!

Maxime pushed him away and ran towards the other side of the room, silently pleading with Azrael to stop him. But he just merely looked at her coldly. He smiled.

"Give in, Maxime," he said softly.

Azazel's voice was in her head, taunting her with his song...

I can see inside you, the sickness is rising
Don't try to deny what you feel
Will you give in to me?
It seems that all that was good has died
And is decaying in me
Will you give in to me?

It seems you're having some trouble
In dealing with these changes
Living with these changes
Oh no, the world is a scary place
Now that you've woken up the demon in me

Maxime clamped her hands over her ears. She can't take much more of this...she knew she was going to break soon...

"Azrael..." she pleaded. "Please...Azrael..."

Madness is the gift, that has been given to me!

"And when I dream..." Maxime muttered to herself. She was slowly slipping away. "And when I dream..."
"Maxime?" a new voice, but one she knew so well.
"Mom?" she looked up.

Her mother was standing before her, a smile on her face. She was just the way she was before her father died.

And when I dream... Her mutters kept echoing.

Her mother hugged her. "I missed you so much, my darling Maxie."
"Mom!" Maxime cried happily.

Suddenly, she felt the sting of a slap across her face. Maxime fell to the cold floor, utterly shocked by her mother's action.

"You insolent bitch!" her mother shouted. "Bring me more beer!"
No...NO! Maxime thought.
"GET ME MY DRUGS!"
"And when I dream!!!!!" Maxime shouted hoping it really was.

Her mother slapped her again, spouting angry swear words, demanding for her vices. Memories flooded Maxime's mind - her years of living in their decaying apartment, her years of putting up with her changed mother.

No mommy, don't do it again! she begged.
Don't do it again!
I'll be a good girl!
I'll be a good girl, I promise!
No mommy don't hit me!

But she mother slapped her again, still ordering her to get beer, drugs, a man. Maxime's hands curled into fists, her eyes flashing with anger.

Why did you have to hit me like that, mommy?! she shouted.
Don't do it, you're hurting me!

Another slap, another spark of fury.

Why did you have to be such a bitch?! she shouted, advancing upon her mother.
Why don't you,
Why don't you just fuck off and die!
Why can't you just fuck off and die!
Why can't you just leave here and die!
Never stick your hand in my face again bitch!
FUCK YOU

She picked up a chain and began beating her mother with it, not hearing the laughs of Azazel behind her.

I don't need this shit!
You stupid sadistic abusive fucking whore!
How would you like to see how it feels mommy!
Here it comes, get ready to die!

Azazel sang out loud, loving the entertainment.

Madness has now come over me!

"Max! Max!" Azrael shook her hard. "Max, wake up!"

She had been screaming and cursing in her sleep for the last ten minutes and he couldn't wake her. Finally, Maxime slowly opened her eyes.

"Max...?" Azrael said softly.

She screamed when she saw him and pushed him away, scrambling to the edge of the bed.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" she shouted. "YOU SAID YOU WOULD PROTECT ME! YOU SAID YOU WERE HERE FOR ME!"
"Maxime, you just had a nightmare!" Azrael said. "It was just a dream!"
"SHUT UP! DON'T LIE TO ME ANYMORE!" she was sobbing hard. "GO AWAY! GO TO AZAZEL! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

No...no..please..no... Azrael thought.

he had seen it...the unmistakable flash of insanity in her eyes.

Last edited by Yumiyuri on Mon 20 Sep 2010, 08:05; edited 1 time in total

77Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Sat 18 Sep 2010, 18:09

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
very good chapter rei rey :)

78Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Sun 19 Sep 2010, 15:28

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Awww, shit! It JUST got heavy in here.

Good Chapter Rei! I'm still hooked.

79Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Sun 19 Sep 2010, 20:34

Darkforest20

Darkforest20
Very amazing, every word i see jumps on the screen and into my mind and transforms into a movie climax, i really want to make this into a book now, this is amazing, keep going rei...no pressure at all, Giggling

80Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Mon 20 Sep 2010, 08:02

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Thanks guys, you rock :)

I wanna ask though, I have two endings for this musical - one happy and one sad. Which one should I put? :)

81Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Mon 20 Sep 2010, 21:04

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Happy endings are always nice, but at the same time, sad endings are always thought provoking.

I say, the sad one, but that's just me.

82Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Wed 22 Sep 2010, 09:10

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
I'll take that into consideration :)

83Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Mon 27 Sep 2010, 10:26

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Chapter Seventeen

Azrael stroked Maxime's hair, watching her sleep. He was invisible to her now, now that she didn't want to listen to him. And he knew he deserved all her anger, all her hate. He had failed to protect her.

You're a liar, that's what you are...

Azrael looked up to see Azazel staring at them through the window. The angel didn't move, but simply smiled at Azrael.

I'm not like you, Azrael thought. I'm not a deceiver like you.
Ah, but didn't you promise her that you would protect her? Azazel replied. So far, you haven't done a good job of it, my friend. In fact, you haven't done a good job of trying to do good. He turned to leave. Penance can't absolve your sin. Max is slowly going insane, Azrael. It's only a matter of time before she gives herself to me...or dies by her own hand.
I can still protect her.
Now, Azrael, aren't we a little too late for lies? Seems like I taught you well.

Azrael watched the angel fly away. He looked down at Maxime, watching her restless face. He stood up, appearing on the roof.

A liar...

Azrael leaned over the roof's ledge, thinking. Then, he remembered.

"Aren't you tired of living in His shadow? We do his dirty work and HE gets all the glory."
"So, you're saying we defy him?! That's suicide, Azazel!"
"Not if we have an army big enough for it. We're Archangels. We can gather enough forces and overthrow Him!"
"Haven't you heard what happened to Lucifer?"
"He didn't gather enough forces. It's a mistake we will never repeat. So, are you in or not?"

He squeezed his eyes shut. He had been a deceiver...using his power to lure his fellow angels to damnation. How could he protect Maxime if he couldn't even protect his fellow angels many years ago?

Without realizing it, Azrael began to sing:

Believe, when you lie
You will never need to recognize yourself
To deceive
To remove all chance of doubt and be received
With your lie
The deception is complete when you concede
And decide
To reject your lives, sacrificed to me

Penance can't absolve your sin, into me
Penance can't absolve your sin

It was all coming back to him...the past he tried so hard to forget, the many sins that had stained his soul...

All your belief cannot absolve your sin...

He cursed himself, for the stupid things he had done, for the things that had damned him, for the things that he can't undo. Was it true that he can't right his wrong?

Believe, when you lie
You will never need to recognize the source
Of deceit
To renew your faith in God
You must believe, in your lie
The redemption is complete when you conceive
And decline
To release your lives
Sacrificed to me

Memories flashed in his mind - the pain of fire as they burned his wings, the screams of the angels that feel with him, the blinding light that had damned them...

Reap your life, like you want to recognize, all you've come to...
Reap your life, like you want to recognize, all you've come to...

He sang louder, throwing his anguish out into the world around him.

Reap your life
Veiled in shadow
Recognize
Faces of the crucified
I can hear their screams tonight
Ever haunting me!

Maxime's tormented face rose above his memories, and he could still hear her cursing him, crying at him, shouting at him to leave her alone. He hadn't lied to her, had he? He meant to keep his promise...

Burn your lie into me...

Oh no, all your belief cannot absolve your sin...
Oh no, all your belief cannot absolve your sin...

He sat on the floor, running a frustrated hand through his hair. He was fallen - fallen like Azazel, fallen like all they who rebelled against God. How could he change?

Then, as clearly as if he was right beside her, Azrael heard her whisper one single word:

"Azrael..."

And he was right there beside her, remembering why he can't fail this time.

Azrael caressed her face gently to not wake her. He smiled.

I won't leave you alone Max. I can't let him take you. Because...I realized that I'm in love with you.

84Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Tue 28 Sep 2010, 10:38

Vioz

Eye of the Storm
Nice Job Rei, Keep it up :)

85Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Wed 29 Sep 2010, 04:34

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Ooh, heavy!

86Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Mon 11 Oct 2010, 09:45

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
next chappie up soon :)

87Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Tue 26 Oct 2010, 11:05

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Chapter Eighteen

Maxime stared at the music store, looking at the various guitars, drums, and basses. Three months...three months since everyone she had left in life was taken away from her.

"Why me?" Maxime whispered to herself. "Why did it have to be me...?"

She sighed and began to walk back to the apartment, not caring if her inner turmoil showed. Azrael hadn't made his presence felt in days, and for the first time in a while, Maxime felt the pang of true loneliness.

But it serves him right, she thought stubbornly to herself. He lied to me. He promised to keep me safe. And look where that's gotten me.

Someone brushed past her. Someone with black hair and green eyes...

"David?" Maxime whispered to herself glancing back at the guy. "Could it be...? David!"

She ran after the guy, calling out to him. But when she reached him, disappointment hit her so hard it was like she was punched in the gut. For the guy she thought was David did have black hair and green eyes...but he wasn't David.

"You're...you're not David," Maxime said faintly.
The guy stared at her as if she just sprouted three heads. "David? Who the hell is that? I'm Steve." He walked away from her quickly, muttering something under his breath that sounded like "crazy-ass bitch".

Maxime stared after him, speechless. She shook her head. She was going mad, she knew it. Azazel was getting to her...

Do I still have some fight left? Maxime thought.

Two more familiar figures passed her. Maxime stared at them.

Dev? Danny? she wanted to call out to them but she mentally slapped herself. What the hell is wrong with you, Max? They're dead! They're all dead! They can't be walking right past you now!
"You are in torment." A quiet, unfamiliar voice cut into her thoughts.
"Huh...?"

Maxime turned to find a man dressed as a priest, looking at her from an dark alley.

"Who are you...?" she asked walking up to him.
The priest gestured behind him. "We are the Tormented."

Behind the priest stood a group of people who looked like they never wanted to leave the dark. Moonlight shone across some of them, revealing that they were mostly people who looked like they were from her neighborhood. Torment was not in their eyes, but rather, something that looked like desperation...and helplessness.

"Do not be afraid," the priest said. "We are here to help you."
"Help...me?" Maxime asked.
"Father Gregory keeps them away," said a woman with a small smile. "He keeps the fallen away."
"Especially the one who is called Azazel," a man added.
"I...I don't understand," Maxime said. "How could you know about Azazel? How could you know about what I'm going through?"
"Because, my child," Father Gregory said, "they have felt the same pain as you did, been tormented by the same fallen angel. You carry the same suffering in your eyes. Anyone can see it."
"We can help you," said another woman clutching Maxime's hands. "Be one of us. Father Gregory can keep them away. He has been blessed by God. All we need to do is stay together and move as one."

The woman smiled, showing several missing teeth and rotting gums. Maxime pulled away in disgust.

"How can you possible keep them, him, away?" she asked sharply.
"Faith," Father Gregory said. "And to pledge being one with us. We can be your family, Maxime Daveigh. I'll look after you."

His eyes were kind, gentle. But Maxime took one look at the group and shook her head.

"I can't," she said. "I don't want to doom myself to living in the gutter, cowering like frightened children. I don't want to depend on someone and be reduced to a sniveling coward."
"Father Gregory has saved us from succumbing to the fallen!" a man retorted angrily. "He saved us from madness!"
"And did your lifestyle get any better?" Maxime shot back.
"Maxime, please," Father Gregory said. "We, I, only want to help. Be one of us. And we shall be one family that will work against the fallen. Against Azazel."
Maxime frowned. "You want me to run away for the rest of my life? You want me to live like I'm scraping the bottom of the trash just to get something to eat? No thanks." She turned to leave.
"But by being one of us you can live normally!" Father Gregory said.
"Fuck that," Maxime said. "Let me tell you something."

Meanwhile in another part of town (this is happening around the same time as when Maxime met the Tormented)...

"Another chance, old friend," Azazel drawled playing with a lock of his hair. "Be one of us. Be king of the world."

Azazel's horde surrounded Azrael, whispering, urging him on.

"You can still protect your dear little Max," Azazel said. "I know you care for her. If you embrace what you are fully, if you join me, you will have more power to keep her safe." He smiled. "Hell, we can even turn bind your souls so you never lose her. And she never dies."

Azrael froze. Should he? Should he show the world what a true fallen angel is? And Maxime...Maxime would always be with him. She'd always be safe...

"I came to convince you again to stop your ways," Azrael said. "And you offer me this?"
Azazel shrugged. "Being the all-powerful here has it's perks. We're more alike than you think, Azrael. We both want something. And we'll both do anything to get it. So, what do you say?"
"Here's what I say."

And though they were in different places, Maxime and Azrael felt the same feeling, felt the same song.

Go! they both shouted.

I want to tear a big hole in what is to be, Maxime sang.
To end all this infatuation with unity,
I'm seeking my salvation alone again,
I never needed to be one of you anyway!

Don't wanna be another player losing in this game, Azrael sang.
I'm trying to impress upon you
We're not the same!

My own individuality is so unique, Maxime said with a smirk.
I'm one impressive motherfucker
Now, wouldn't you say?
Azrael asked.

They sang together, staring at the ones forcing them to turn with defiance

(Break apart and...)
Divide, divide, divide, divide
You might say that I'm the last man standing now,
And though you try, you'll never find a way to break me
You might say that I'm sick of being lost in the crowd,
I hear the sirens but they're never gonna take me!

Maxime turned and left, but Father Greogry and his little group followed her. People stared but Maxime ignored them.

"You're making a big mistake Maxime!" Father Gregory called after her. "I can help you! Azazel will never get you! No fallen will!"
"Big words," Azazel said softly on the other side of town. "You talk big, but we both know you can't handle it. I'm stronger than you Azrael. You need me. Admit it."
"Leave me alone!" Maxime shouted. "I don't need you retards!" Several of the group gasped.
"I need no one but her," Azrael said simply.

I am a little more provocative then you might need, Maxime sang turning back to them.
It's your shock and then your horror on which I feed
So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean,
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be!

"She's crazy," one of the Tormented said.
Maxime smiled. "I'm getting there. And I love it."

Don't wanna be another player losing in this game Azrael gave Azazel a smug smile and turned to leave.
I'm trying to impress upon you
We're not the same
My psychotic mentality is so unique
I'm one aggressive motherfucker
Now, wouldn't you say?

(Break apart and...)
You might say that I'm the last man standing now,
And though you try, you'll never find a way to break me
You might say that I'm sick of being lost in the crowd,
I hear the sirens but they're never gonna take me!

Maxime danced away, the wild look in her eyes making themselves known. She spun around a lamp post, grinning at the group. Father Gregory looked like he was muttering a prayer under his breath, the rest of the Tormented looked horrified.

Azrael flew over the city, laughing at himself. It was stupid of him to ever try reasoning with Azazel.

"I'm never becoming like him," he vowed.

Maxime and Azrael chanted out loud, not caring if anyone heard them...

Break, break, break, break
(Break apart and divide)
(Break apart and divide)
(Break apart and divide)
(Break apart and divide, divide, divide)
Break apart and...

Divide, divide, divide, divide, Maxime sang.
Divide, divide, break apart and divide
Divide, divide, break apart and

Divide, divide, divide, divide, Azrael shouted.
you might say that I'm the last man standing now, a voice in his head said.
Divide, divide, break apart and divide

They sang together again:

(and though you try, you'll never find a way to break me)
Divide, divide Divide Divide!

Maxime finished the song with a laugh.

There you are, a voice said in her head.
She looked up. "Azrael...?"

She didn't notice that she had stepped unto the road. Suddenly, a loud beeping noise filled the air.

MAX!

Maxime looked just in time to see the bright headlights of a truck coming towards her.

88Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Tue 26 Oct 2010, 17:59

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
leave me on the edge of my eat why dont you Lol

89Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Tue 26 Oct 2010, 21:39

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
What happens next?

90Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Wed 27 Oct 2010, 07:51

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
the end. lol just kidding xD

91Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Sun 07 Nov 2010, 15:56

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
im waiting for the next part.... :(

92Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Mon 08 Nov 2010, 11:04

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
when i've gotten rid of writer's block :p

93Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Mon 08 Nov 2010, 16:21

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
hurry up plz

94Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Fri 12 Nov 2010, 11:55

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
i'll update, i promise :)

95Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Fri 12 Nov 2010, 23:53

DarkHeartX9

DarkHeartX9
Dehumanized
YES!!! SHE GOT HIT BY A TRUCK!!! AWESOME!!!!

Poor girl...she got hit by a truck...hope she lives.

96Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Sun 14 Nov 2010, 07:12

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Chapter Eighteen

Voices...she heard voices...
Someone...someone was calling her name...
She could feel every beat her heart made...every beat to keep her alive...

Maxime drifted. The darkness around her, the mist, calmed her, soothe her. She felt free, happy, safe.

Am I dead...? she thought sleepily to herself. If this is death...I'll see David and the others again...I don't want to fight anymore...
"I could make that come true," a voice whispered in her ear.
She tried to open her eyes, but she was too weak. "Leave me...alone, Azazel."
He laughed softly. "My dear, my sweet Max, you know better than that. You know I won't stop until you're mine."

She felt him holding her in his arms, but she was too weak to fight him. He was warm, but Maxime knew better than let herself get lost in him.

"Please..." she whispered. "I don't want to fight anymore...I'm losing it...I'm not myself anymore..."
"I know you're in pain," Azazel said. "It's okay, love, it's okay." She felt him brush his lips upon hers. "I'll grant you a mercy. I'll take your soul, and then I'll let you be with your David again."
"R-really?" she asked. "Don't lie to me...you...you bastard..."
"I've never lied to you, Max. And I am honor-bound to keep my promises. I promise you, if you give me your soul, I'll bring you to your family, to your friends. To David."

Maxime blindly reached up, and he grapsed her hand gently, putting it over his heart. His heart beat in time with hers, in perfect synchronization. Maxime sighed.

"You promise...?"
His voice was very soft, barely audible. "I promise."
"Will it hurt...?"
"No. It's very painless, pleasurable even. All I need to do is seal the deal."
"With...what...?"
"A kiss."

Maxime nodded slowly. She tenses, waiting. But before she felt him kiss her, a bright light pierced through her closed eyes, and she heard Azazel gave a loud, angry cry.

"Max!" she heard someone call her name again. "Wake up, Max!"

Maxime forced her eyes open. She blinked several times, and everything came into focus. She was in a white-washed room, and Azrael was leaning over her a worried look on his face.

"You're awake," he choked out. "You're finally awake."

Maxime tried to sit up, but was held back by the countless needles and tubes attached all over her. Her right arm and left leg were in thick casts, and her left arm...her left arm was...

"W...where's my left arm...?" Maxime asked softly.
"I...I'm sorry Max," Azrael said his voice on the verge of breaking. "I tried...I did my best to make sure you were safe...but...but the truck...We were nearly crushed both of us. They had to amputate your arm."

Maxime felt the sting of tears in her eyes. She looked away from Azrael, pushing away the memory of the accident away from her mind. Not that she had much to remember...

"How?" she asked.
"How...?" Azrael echoed.
"How did you save me?" she asked.

Azrael smiled sadly. Then he turned his back on her, revealing his severely crushed wings. Maxime sucked in a sharp breath.

"I'm immortal, Max," he said turning back to her. "This is a small price to pay." He sat at the edge of her bed. "I promised you I'll keep you safe, right?"
"Yeah, but your wings..." the tears came, running down her cheeks.
"Shhh...Don't cry Max, it's okay." He caressed her cheek. "You're alive. That's all that matters. You have to keep living Max. I won't let you die."
"Why?" she asked.
He hesitated for a moment. "I...I swore I'd stop Azazel from taking you. I won't fail again."

Maxime nodded. Before anything else could be said, a nurse came in.

"Oh, you're awake already, Ms. Daveigh," the nurse said kindly. "It's a miracle, you didn't even fracture your spine. Your boyfriend here insisted on staying with you until you woke up."
Boyfriend?! Maxime mouthed angrily at Azrael. He smiled and shrugged.
"How long have I been out?" Maxime asked.
"Three days," the nurse said. "We'll keep you here for a couple of weeks, depending on what the doctors say. But I suspect you'll be out here in no time, Ms. Daveigh."
Maxime smiled. "All right."

O ~ O ~ O ~ O ~ O

Azrael watched her sleep, his fingers brushing some stray bangs out of her face. His glanced back at his crushed wings, spread them out slowly. He winced, pain shooting up his shoulders.

He wouldn't be able to fly again properly for at least five years.

But I can live with it, he thought. As long Max is safe.

As she slept, Azrael began to sing softly. The song was calm, like a lullably.

Don't turn away
I pray you've heard
The words I've spoken
Dare to believe
Over one last time
Then I'll let the

Darkness cover me
Deny everything
Slowly walk away
To breathe again
On my own...

Maxime sighed as she dreamed, and slightly moved. Azrael smiled to himself. She looked peaceful now compared to the last three days. He leaned over and kissed her forehead.

Carry me away
I need your strength
To get me through this
Dare to believe
Over one last time
Then I'll let the

Darkness cover me
Deny everything
Slowly walk away
To breathe again
On my own...

On my own...
On my own...
On my own...
On my own...

"Azrael..." he heard her whisper. "Don't leave me..."
"I won't," he replied in her ear. "I'm right here."

Dare to believe
Over one last time
Then I'll let the

Darkness cover me
Deny everything
Slowly walk away
To breathe again
On my own...

On my own...

Azrael let the last lines fade. Then he caressed her face gently again.

I love you, Max.

O ~ O ~ O ~ O ~ O

Azazel seethed, his fist planting itself into a brick wall, He had almost gotten her! If it wasn't for bad timing...and Azrael...

He was hungry. He was always hungry. He needed to satisfy himself, but it kept burning at him, the eternal curse God had bestowed upon him. But Azrael...Azrael had no such curse...because he had begged...he had begged for forgiveness...

"End this suffering!" he shouted at the heavens.

You made a monster of me
Through all your wicked lies
Forever tortured by you
Abandoned at death's door
Until I said no more

Don't look away
You're just a former regret of mine
And when you want, just look away
You're just a former regret of mine
Erasing now...

Azazel cast a glare at his horde, at the souls that he had drank away from the bodies of their pathetic owners. They provide little satisfaction now. He needed something fresh...He needed Maxime...

97Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Thu 18 Nov 2010, 06:59

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
update...coming soon. or later. depends. -.-

98Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Sun 21 Nov 2010, 13:00

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
amazing

you happy rei rey ? :)

99Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Fri 17 Dec 2010, 11:26

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Chapter Nineteen

Gunshots.
The relentless shouting and running.
Explosions.
The cry of those dying.
It was chaos. Confusion.
But amidst that...she saw what she feared.

Blood poured out of his chest, his head, his legs. It oozed out of his mouth as he tried to stand. He struggled to crawl and somehow, he saw her.

"Max..." he choked.

She reached towards him, but her body felt as heavy as lead. Suddenly, a dark figure of a soldier loomed behind him...and drove a lead pipe into his head.

"NOOOOOOO!!!" she screamed.

Suddenly, she was struggling, tangled in blankets, her face wet with tears.Someone was trying to hold her down, whispering assurances in her ear.

"David...David..." Maxime murmured over and over again.
"Shh....shh...it's okay, Max, it's okay." Someone was hugging her close, stroking her hair. "It was just a nightmare. I'm here. It's me. It's Azrael."
Maxime forced her eyes open. She continued to sob, burying her face in his chest. "I saw...I saw it. I saw how he died..."

He didn't reply, or maybe he didn't know what to say. But he continued to hold her, comforting her.

"I don't want to see anymore..." Maxime whispered.
"It'll be okay," Azrael replied. "Everything will be okay."

As they sat on the bed, Maxime began to sing softly, the song almost sounding like a lullaby between muffled sobs.

Will I never know peace of mind again?
I don't believe it
I can't achieve it
I think it all is just another sign
It never went away completely

Azrael rocked her gently as if she were a child, listening to her sing.

Terror is coursing in me
Dreading the final moments
Where I have to be
And feel you die...

He began to sing with her, his voice making her feel warm and safe.

In Asylum (I live a lie)
Don't you know I'm in love with you
And I wasn't ready
For Asylum (Relive a lie)
To let go
Now it's dragging me into your grave
Your Asylum (Forget the lie)
Overcome and the feeling that I won't get to join you in time
For the loneliness is killing me

The sobs subsided as Maxime and Azrael let the last words fade. She cuddled more against him, silently thanking Azrael for being with her. He wasn't David, but...she found herself drawn to him.

"Go back to sleep," he whispered to her.
She shook her head. "I might...I might see it again..."
"I'm here," Azrael said. "I'll be here to comfort you if it comes back."

Reluctantly, Maxime closed her eyes. In an instant, she was alssep once again. And this time, the nightmare didn't return.

100Believe (A Disturbed Musical) - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe (A Disturbed Musical) Sat 19 Mar 2011, 22:10

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
you guys want this continued give me a holler. i might get the spark back...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com