Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 21]

tswmcello

tswmcello
Believer
Or they will use Julia* Remember she's an experienced killer now, and as far as I can see very good at it.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Do you really think that David and Jordan would do that, though?

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
tswmcello wrote:Or they will use Julia* Remember she's an experienced killer now, and as far as I can see very good at it.

Julia would have youth and the fact she is female on her side. But at the current point of the story, she's 14, so she's still a little young for that. That doesn't mean she isn't going to inquire about it in the future.

Disturbed1forEternity wrote:Do you really think that David and Jordan would do that, though?

Jordan would definitely have reservations about it. She hasn't seen the results of the carnage Julia is capable of. David might change his mind once he sees that Julia is serious about it. But that won't happen for a while.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
AHHH! THE SUSPENSE!!!!!!

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
*gasp* wheres the story?! I was lookin 4wars to reading! aaah! just playin...I will be TRY to be patient.... Giggling

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
There's more coming, I promise, but I had to take a day off yesterday. Recharging my batteries, so to speak. There'll be more today some time.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
No Such Thing as "Normal", Part 5--

As the day of Jeremiah and Joe's departure for New Haven got closer, Julia was accepting of the fact that her brothers were moving on with their lives. They were young men now, and were looking forward to new adventures. She really wanted all of them to be happy.

The actual day that Jeremiah and Joe left was hard on Julia though. She cried like a baby and pleaded with the both of them to keep in touch.

"You know we will, Jules," Jeremiah said. "How could we not stay in touch with our baby sister?"

"You'll get busy with school, and Disturbed Ones stuff, and getting reacquainted with your sister..." Julia trailed off.

"Nonsense," Jeremiah said. "There'll always be time to get together on the 'net and catch up."

"And phone calls, too," Joe added. He still didn't talk much. Maybe that will change when they get to New Haven, Julia thought.

"Oh, my poor phone bill," David teased as he walked into the room. "Maybe it's time you guys had one of these."

David handed Jeremiah and Joe each a box. Inside was an untraceable satellite phone. "Oh, cool!" Joe exclaimed. "Just like the one you have, isn't it, David?"

"Those are the newest models," David said. "Mine will be upgraded to that soon."

Jeremiah just looked at his. "Thanks, David," he said; "I have no other words to accurately explain our appreciation of your trust in us. I know these phones aren't cheap."

"No, they're not, but nothing's too good for you guys," David said, "and that includes Julia and Nik as well."

"Wow," is all Joe said.

Jordan walked into the room, wondering why David, Jeremiah and Joe were just sitting there. "You boys have a plane to catch! Amber's meeting you at the airport, right?"

"Yes, Jordan," Jeremiah laughed. "She'll be there to fetch us."

The boys said their final goodbyes to everyone, then David drove them to the airport.

Once on the plane, Jeremiah had a sinking feeling that something wasn't right. He shook it off and attributed it to being excited about going to college and seeing the sister he hadn't seen since he was seven years old.

But, as the plane took off from the Chicagoland airport, the feeling just nagged at him. He looked over at Joe, engrossed in the magazine that had been in the pocket of the seat in front of him, and feared for their lives.

----------

As they got out of their car, the couple was attacked by masked men. Once subdued, they were blindfolded, bound, and thrown in the back of a truck or van.

Another couple, looking suspiciously like the couple who had just been kidnapped, took their place in the car. They were on their way to the airport to pick up the woman's younger brothers, who were flying in from the MidWest Region. She hadn't seen them since she was fourteen years old, and she was excited to finally be reaquainted with them.

Or she hoped it appeared to the casual observer that's what was going on.

In fact, she was an imposter. As was her husband.

And their job was to fool the brothers into thinking she was their sister, Amber.

They were spies for the illegal government, and it would be a feather in their caps to kill two of David Draiman's wards.

What they didn't know is that those wards had expert firearms training, survival training, and the older of the two had a sixth sense that would come in handy.

And Dan Donegan's skills at finding out things that not just anyone would know.

Like the fact that Amber Carson wasn't who she says she is.

----------

"You can't do this to us!" the real Amber Carson said as she and her husband, Drew, were taken from the van and placed in a cell.

"Oh, and why not?" Karla Brinson said nastily, "What makes you so fucking priveledged?"

"My brothers aren't stupid, you know," Amber shot back; "they'll figure out that the bitch you replaced me with isn't their sister."

"How do you know?" Karla said. "You haven't seen them since they were little boys!"

"They'll eventually figure it out, just as my daughter will figure out the whore isn't her mother."

"Oh shut the hell up, you Resistance cunt!" Karla said. "It's not your daughter we want, it's your brother Jeremiah! He was David Draiman's ward, and we want to know what he knows."

"He'll never tell you!" Amber said.

"No he won't tell me," Karla said, "but he might tell his sister..."

Not if he thinks his sister isn't who she says she is, Amber thought.

----------

The plane was landing and Jeremiah had something important to tell Joe before they got off the plane.

"Joe," Jeremiah began, "for the first few days, be very careful what you say to Amber. We haven't seen her since we were little boys, so I want to find out where her mind is at before we get too involved. Okay?"

"Jere, I'm not six years old anymore," Joe said. "I wasn't going to say anything anyway. I don't really want to say this, but what if we're walking into a trap?"

"That's why I don't want to give too much away before I know that we're really dealing with Amber and not an Illegals plant," Jeremiah said.

Joe sighed, "There really is no such thing as 'normal' in our lives, is there?"

"Not since we were seven and five years old, Joe," Jeremiah said.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
There's Jere's sixth sense. David is NOT going to be happy when/ if he finds out about this.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:There's Jere's sixth sense. David is NOT going to be happy when/ if he finds out about this.

It's not a question of IF he'll find out, because he definitely will. What won't make David happy is that Jere isn't going to go through David to find the info he needs to prove his sixth sense is right. Dan handles the intel and Jere will go thru him because David will have other things to worry about.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Hey, gotta love it! Go Danny for being the Intel man! Three cheers for Danny Donegan!

Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray! Dancing David

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
so messed up tho...walkin into a trap like that...wow but those imposters are gonna wish they didnt mess with them!

tswmcello

tswmcello
Believer
The imposters are in for a surprise...

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
No Such Thing as "Normal", Part 6--

The reunion with their sister (or who they thought was their sister) went well, though all parties were a little apprehensive at first. When Amber asked about the boys upbrining after she and their father were imprisoned, Jeremiah gave the most sanitized version possible, but did leave in the part about Julia's witnessing the death of their guardians and the fact that she killed 5 New Army troops. He figured that was common knowledge by this time.

Jeremiah started his classes at Yale, and was doing well in them. Joe was going to the local high school, and pretty much hated it, though he, too, was doing well in classes. And because he was so far ahead of the other kids his age, he was booted up from sophomore to senior, so he would graduate when he turned 16 the following spring. Joe couldn't help but wonder that if he had stayed with David, Jordan, and Julia, he would have been happier. Not that he wasn't happy being with Jeremiah, but something was starting to bother him about their sister.

It started a couple weeks after they moved in with Amber and Drew, and their daughter, Antonia, who was five. She had confided in Joe that her parents were acting weird, like they didn't really know her.

Then Joe noticed something about Amber that didn't add up in his head.

He remembered when he was very young, Emily (as she was known then) had a scar that ran up the inside of her left leg. It had been from surgery when she was about six years old to repair damage to nerves and muscles after falling through a pane of glass. Joe remembered that he asked about it shortly before their mother was killed and Emily and their father were arrested.

Amber didn't have that scar!

Joe had mentioned his concerns to Jeremiah one night when he was visiting from the dorms at Yale.

"I remember that scar. She had surgery to fix something before I was born," Jeremiah said. "And Amber wears a lot of dresses that would make it visible."

"Can't you contact David and see if Amber really is who she says she is?" Joe asked.

"I could," Jeremiah said, "and hope we're mistaken. She could have had plastic surgery to have it made less noticeable, I suppose. Why don't you casually ask about the scar the next time the opportunity comes up?"

"I hope I am mistaken, Jere," Joe said. "I really want Amber to be who she says she is."

"I don't think she is," Jeremiah said. "She asks me too many questions about what goes on at the Disturbed Ones compound in Chicagoland. Questions I'm not comfortable answering for anyone. David trusts us with a lot, and I'm not going to betray that trust."

"What are you going to do, Jere?"

"I'm going to contact Dan and see if he'll do some digging for me."

----------

When Joe asked Amber about the scar, Amber became visibly frustrated. She told him that, yes, he was correct, there was a scar, but had plastic surgery to have it removed. When she saw that Joe accepted that explanation, she silently breathed a sigh of relief.

But, in her next report to Karla Brinson, the woman portraying Amber Carson mentioned that Joe had asked about a scar that the real Amber Carson had. And that Jeremiah was not as forthcoming as they had hoped about life on the Disturbed Ones' main complex in Chicagoland.

"Damn!" Karla screamed as she read the Amber imposter's report; "Damn, damn, damn! Why didn't we know about the fucking scar?! Why won't Jeremiah Donovan tell our agent about life as Draiman's ward? Why are we getting fucking stonewalled at every fucking turn?"

In turn, Karla had to report to her superiors, who were higher ups with ties to the committee at the White House. The response she got back was chilling.

Jeremiah and Joseph Donovan had to be eliminated...but not before they got what they wanted from them: a way to bring David Draiman down.

----------

"Holy fucking shit!" Dan exclaimed when he found what he was looking for.

"What's up, brother?" John asked.

"Jeremiah and Joe are in a lot of danger! The bogus government has plans to torture them for information, then kill them!"

"And all Jere wanted was a chance to go to college and be reunited with his sister, then this happens!" Mike said.

"What are you going to tell him to do?" John asked.

"Jere said he didn't want David to know, but I really don't have any choice but to tell him," Dan said. "Jeremiah and Joe's sister and brother in law are imposters, and are reporting to a woman named Karla Brinson. The real Amber and Drew Carson are being held in a secret location, and will probably be killed as well."

"Don't the Carsons have a daughter?" Mike asked.

"Yes," Dan said, "Antonia. And she knows something's fishy with her parents. She told Joe as much. She's only 5 years old, and she'll probably be used as a pawn against her real parents, then killed as well. Jere says Joe is freaking out about Antonia's safety."

"You should tell David," Mike said. "Do it now. I don't care if you interrupt him and Jordan making love, but get word to him that Jere and Joe are in danger."

Dan was dialing David's number as Mike spoke.

----------

There was a special code that Dan dialed along with the number that alerted David that important information was forthcoming. David saw this code, and knew it wasn't from the clinic who, four weeks earlier, had implanted six embryos into a surrogate. He and Jordan were awaiting word on whether they were going to become parents.

Instead, it was Dan. And what he had to tell him was not good news.

----------

"Talk to me, Danny," David said. "You used the code for important information. What's going down?"

"Jeremiah and Joe are in danger, David," Dan said. "Their sister and her husband have been kidnapped and imposters are taking their place. Apparently, this happened just before they arrived in New Haven, and the Committee thought the boys wouldn't notice since it had been so long since they last saw one another. The Carson's daughter did notice, and told Joe that something was weird with her parents. She's five. The imposters report to a woman named Karla Brinson. Brinson got orders to torture the boys for info about you, then they were slated to be eliminated, along with the real Amber and Drew Carson, and possibly their daughter as well."

"FUCK!" David yelled at the top of his lungs with all the power of many of Disturbed's songs. "I thought I was sending a smart kid to Yale, not getting him and his siblings murdered!"

"Dave, calm down, man!" Dan said. "What should I message back to Jeremiah? He knows he, Joe and their niece are in danger, but not to what degree. It's not like we can send Morbus back there."

"No, we can't," David said, regaining his composure. "Jeremiah needs to attempt to take care of this himself. But we can recruit sharpshooters in New Haven if we have to. Fuck! I knew he'd be in danger wherever he chose to go to school, but this is something even I didn't expect."

"I'll tell Jere to be vigilant and use force as a last resort," Dan said.

"Tell him to call me next time, and not you, okay?" David asked. "No offense, Danny, but I feel responsible for those boys, and I should know about shit like this!"

Dan said he would and David ended the call. What am I going to do? he thought. I can't let those boys get killed, not after everything they've been through in life.

"David, let me go to New Haven and kill some of those scumbags."

David turned around and saw Julia standing there. Before he could say anything, he saw the look in her eyes.

It was the same look Morbus had when he was on the hunt. And it wasn't a pretty sight.

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
OMG THEY ARE IN FOR IT NOW!!!! oooh i cant wait for the next posts.....

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Get them Julia!

tswmcello

tswmcello
Believer
fun.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
No Such Thing as "Normal", Part 7 (teaser)--

After David got over his shock of not only the request Julia had made, but the look of murder in her eyes, he asked her,

"Girl, have you lost your God damned mind?! You're fourteen years old! I'm not sending you anywhere to kill anyone, got that?!"

Julia continued her staredown, and David became convinced that she could, indeed, be capable of the job. Then she spoke again, and the tone of voice she used could have come straight out of Morbus' mouth,

"I can do it, David, and you know I can. My brothers are in trouble. I won't rest until all of those Bogus government slime are eliminated. They killed my father; they hurt my mother; they killed my guardians; and I'll be God damned if I let them kill my brothers, too, all because I'm 'too young'? I don't think so, Draiman. I'm the best shot you got!"

David had never heard Julia address him by just his last name. What has gotten into this girl? he thought as he struggled to answer her. She seemed possessed by something.

"Julia..." he began, not knowing what would come out of his mouth, let alone hers, "You are the best shooter we have, but, again, you're only fourteen years old. If I sent you to do this, and you failed and got killed, your mother would crucify me!"

"I won't fail, David."

David had no doubt about that.

(More to come)

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Oh shit! Now I think I need a stiff drink! Where the hell is the bar tender in this thread?

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
The scary part... David is actually going to consider it, as a last resort; and Jordan will NOT be happy.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I figured that much. That's fucked up! But, like I said, GET 'EM, JULIA!!!

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
*brings lots of alcohol*....here ya go...we gonna need this shit...whoo!

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
The rest of No Such Thing as "Normal", part 7--

Morbus had been called to a meeting with David. Morbus thought it might be because of the doctor's report on his eyesight, but turned out to be something different.

David needed the assassin's advice.

David's back was to the door when Morbus arrived. David was so deep in thought that he never heard Morbus enter the office.

"David, I could have very easily killed you just now."

David turned around with a start. He hated it when Morbus snuck up on him like that.

"We had a meeting, David," Morbus said while David recovered. "Did you forget?"

"No, I didn't. And you're right, my being unattentive to my safety could get me killed," David said. "And that's part of what I want to talk to you about."

Morbus stood in his usual place in David's office and closed the door. David knew better than to ask him to sit.

"Your daughter wants to go on an assignment I may have coming up for a sharpshooter," David began.

"NO!" Morbus said angrily. "I will not allow it!"

"I told her she was out of her mind, but she had this look in her eyes, Morbus...it was almost like looking at you when you're stalking one of your targets. She was dead serious. She called me by my surname, instead of 'David'. It was unnerving."

Morbus thought about that for a moment, and the thoughts he was having were not ones that a father would have about his daughter: that she could actually take an assignment and complete it, even at fourteen years old.

"Have you talked to Jordan about this?" he asked.

"Fuck no, Morbus!" David exclaimed. "Jordan would go batshit crazy on me!"

"Julia is not going to assassinate anyone, David," Morbus said, "let me make that very clear. She is too fuckin' young to get involved with that shit."

"You know that, and I know that," David said. "But as far as Julia herself is concerned, it's not going to matter what I think, what her mother thinks, or what you think. Julia is one hard headed girl, just like her mother..."

"Or her father," Morbus said, knowing what David just said was true. Julia had the same killer instinct he did, and no one or nothing was going to get in her way, be it her parents, or her age.

----------

All concerns about Julia aside, David did get some good news: he and Jordan learned that the surrogate was seven weeks pregnant with at least one child, and possibly two. Jordan cried at the news. It really is going to happen, she thought, David and I are having a child together!

Her joy at finding out about a new addition to the family was tempered by the news that David gave her about Julia's intentions.

"Wait a God damned minute!" she exclaimed when David told her that Julia volunteered herself to go on a future mission to eliminate enemies of the Disturbed Ones; "There is no fucking way in HELL that I would let Julia take something like that on. You mean to tell me that my fourteen year old daughter asked to be sent on a mission? Have both of you lost your freakin' MINDS?!"

"Whoa, Jordan," David said, trying to calm her down,"I'm not sending her on any missions. One, she's fourteen. Two, I don't approve, you don't approve, and Morbus doesn't approve."

"You told Morbus about this before TELLING ME?!" Jordan practically screamed at David. "How could you?!"

"Jordan," David said gently, "I didn't mean to upset you, but Morbus would be the one who would train her for any missions, and he flat out refused to consider training her before she's sixteen. But you should have seen the look in Julia's eyes when she asked me if she could do it. It was like looking at a female version of Morbus, with that same bloodlust. Her voice didn't even sound like her..."

"Oh, dear God," Jordan said. "I don't want to think this, but could she really pull off Morbus' job?"

"The thing is, Jordan," David said, "I think she could. And that scares the living shit out of me! I can only imagine what it's doing to you as her mother."

"I'm sure I couldn't walk into the Catholic Church and announce that it's part of my daughter's job description to break the 'thou shall not kill' commandment, could I?" Jordan said sarcastically.

"Jordan..."

"Okay, okay, no jokes..." Jordan said. "Honestly, David, I would be beyond scared. I'm not okay with this."

"And you think I AM?"

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
It's getting deep in here. I think I need my waders

tswmcello

tswmcello
Believer
Deep shit....

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
a little too far fetched? or what?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com