Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

» M E D I A » Books » Favorite Book

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Favorite Book - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Book Wed 07 Jul 2010, 01:35

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:Does anyone in here aside from me read Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series? If not, you should check it out. Start with "Guilty Pleasures", then go to "The Laughing Corpse", "Circus of the Damned"... ect. It's a really good series.

When I first joined this forum, a user asked me if I got my user name from that series of books.

I didn't, though. Being a 40+ year old Disturbed fan is a guilty pleasure for me, hence the name.

Getting back on topic, I've been reading (and re-reading LOL) Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series of action adventure novels since I was 14 years old. I also like Stephen King, Joe Hill (King's son), and Michael Crichton.

I thought the same thing, to be honest, Stef. Have you ever read the series?

52Favorite Book - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Book Wed 07 Jul 2010, 06:17

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:Does anyone in here aside from me read Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series? If not, you should check it out. Start with "Guilty Pleasures", then go to "The Laughing Corpse", "Circus of the Damned"... ect. It's a really good series.

When I first joined this forum, a user asked me if I got my user name from that series of books.

I didn't, though. Being a 40+ year old Disturbed fan is a guilty pleasure for me, hence the name.

Getting back on topic, I've been reading (and re-reading LOL) Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series of action adventure novels since I was 14 years old. I also like Stephen King, Joe Hill (King's son), and Michael Crichton.

Though I've heard of Laurell K. Hamilton, I've never read her books. Maybe I should. Sounds interesting enough to check it out.

53Favorite Book - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Book Wed 07 Jul 2010, 19:42

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:
GuiltyPleasures wrote:

Though I've heard of Laurell K. Hamilton, I've never read her books. Maybe I should. Sounds interesting enough to check it out.

I recommend the Anita Blake series to everyone. It's great to see a FEMALE antagonist.

54Favorite Book - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Book Thu 08 Jul 2010, 08:09

Tai Tnak

Tai Tnak
Immortalized
the one with the pictures

55Favorite Book - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Book Sun 18 Jul 2010, 06:08

Black Butterfly

Black Butterfly
Stupified
The Harry Potter series, Pride and Prejudice, The Diary of a Wimpy Kid and that Wallflower book.

56Favorite Book - Page 3 Empty -- Sun 18 Jul 2010, 23:21

zealouso

Warrior
--

Last edited by zealouso on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 09:31; edited 1 time in total

57Favorite Book - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Book Mon 19 Jul 2010, 00:47

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
There was a point where I was reading a book by George Carlin called, "When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops." It was funny as hell and had some pretty interesting points of view in it.

58Favorite Book - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Book Wed 21 Jul 2010, 11:08

Remiel

Stricken
Okay, I'm going to post my Twilight update here. I read New Moon, and it was better than Twilight in almost every way. (Subconsciously probably because there's no Edward for 75% of the book.) Now, for some strange reason, I actually want to read the next ones. At first I started reading to formulate an opinion on something that was on two extreme ends of a balance pole of critics that either loved the Twilight saga or hated it, but now I'm so far into the story I can't NOT finish it. (There's only one book I literally could not stand to finish, that book was The Oath by Frank Peretti.) No details on my opinion on the book as a single as of yet, I haven't gotten to that point.

As for the movie of the first book, it was on the same level as the book, but they actually compliment each other nicely. I got that fight scene I wanted, and It was... interesting... to see how the actors played their roles. All in all it's definitely not the worst book to movie translation ever. That title belongs to Eragon. I'll not go into details because when I complain I tend to rant. A lot.

I'll come back here once I've read Eclipse and New Dawn, and apparently there's a fifth book with some kind of connection that I need to check out.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

» M E D I A » Books » Favorite Book

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com