Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Wed 03 Feb 2010, 20:47

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
U know their people who DISTURBED because they think disturbed sounds the same on all of their albums. I think thats bullshit!!! did you see the interview Head of korn did on FOX NEWS!!!!!

77Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Thu 04 Feb 2010, 06:58

FreakOnALeash

FreakOnALeash
Believer
You'll find that the majority of people that hate Disturbed for whatever reason are either the types of music fans that have their minds firmly stuck in the 80's or the music fans that listen to all the Britney Spears and the Lady Gaga's...at the end of the day i say let them do their worst, if they want to hate the music we love we'll all know that they're idiots.

78Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Thu 04 Feb 2010, 11:18

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
you are right sir you are right sir!!!!

79Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Thu 04 Feb 2010, 16:49

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
disturbed are in an odd position as they are hated by people who like other genres because they are heavy metal but are also hated by people within the heavy metal fanbase for not being heavy enough

80Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Fri 05 Feb 2010, 01:08

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
FreakOnALeash wrote:
alexling88 wrote:WE NEED BANDS LIKE DISTURBED, SLIPKNOT, SEVENDUST, KORN!!!!! CRASH THE PARTY ANY AWARDS SHOW THAT HAS A PERFORMANCE THEY SHOULD CRASH THE PARTY AND PLAY SONGS WITH CURSE WORDS!!!!!!!!!

Doing that wouldn't achieve anything...if anything it'd bring more hatred towards the heavier genres. People need to realise that all those music award shows such as the grammy's and the MTV awards will NEVER be supportive of heavier bands except for Metallica or AC/DC. This isn't a bad thing though, Disturbed's always been against the pop culture element in music so are most other bands in the heavier genres so them winning an award wouldn't help them even the slightest. People like Taylor Swift and Beyonce can win all the fucking awards they want, awards don't make the talent, hard work and a huge, strong dedication to the band and genre is what makes talent. All these people that win these awards won't even be talked about in another 5 or 6 years while bands like Disturbed will be immortalised for as long as music can be heard.

listen and listen good. The Grammy`s and Mtv awards count for little because they are culture specific. They only award who are considered the best artists, or recently, the most popular artists, in North America. And no, im not including Mexico, or Canada for that matter. Here is the point, if your not involved in hip hop, pop, country, modern rock, or rarely folk music, you will not be properly recognized by these awards. Classical musicians-no recognition unless they made a soundtrack to that movie everyone liked cause it had both killing and sex in it. Blues, fuck no. Even though it has inspired every popular genre that is prominent today, it will not receivee its proper recognition. And metal, well, the grammy`s has been so gracious as to grace it with a metal album of the year award, which i doubt, is even televised. After all, they have to do something during commercial breaks. Oh sure, they`ll let Slash have the stage for a while, on the condition he plays background to fucking T-Pain.

What needs to be remembered is that metal does not get its fans from one country, they get them from dedicated fans all over the world. Places where that shit aint even legal.

So really, Heavy Metal needs its own rewards show. It doesnt need 75% of the US watching, it doesnt even need to be televised (youtube or somethin damnit). this is the only way heavy metal musicians can get their recognition, from heavy metal fans.

81Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Fri 05 Feb 2010, 17:31

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
you are so right!!!!!!!! thank you! and PREACH PREACH!!!!!!!

82Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Fri 05 Feb 2010, 18:20

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:

listen and listen good. The Grammy`s and Mtv awards count for little because they are culture specific. They only award who are considered the best artists, or recently, the most popular artists, in North America. And no, im not including Mexico, or Canada for that matter. Here is the point, if your not involved in hip hop, pop, country, modern rock, or rarely folk music, you will not be properly recognized by these awards. Classical musicians-no recognition unless they made a soundtrack to that movie everyone liked cause it had both killing and sex in it. Blues, fuck no. Even though it has inspired every popular genre that is prominent today, it will not receivee its proper recognition. And metal, well, the grammy`s has been so gracious as to grace it with a metal album of the year award, which i doubt, is even televised. After all, they have to do something during commercial breaks. Oh sure, they`ll let Slash have the stage for a while, on the condition he plays background to fucking T-Pain.

What needs to be remembered is that metal does not get its fans from one country, they get them from dedicated fans all over the world. Places where that shit aint even legal.

So really, Heavy Metal needs its own rewards show. It doesnt need 75% of the US watching, it doesnt even need to be televised (youtube or somethin damnit). this is the only way heavy metal musicians can get their recognition, from heavy metal fans.

it's sad but your completely right

Last edited by Bowers on Fri 05 Feb 2010, 20:15; edited 1 time in total

83Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Fri 05 Feb 2010, 19:29

FreakOnALeash

FreakOnALeash
Believer
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:
FreakOnALeash wrote:
alexling88 wrote:WE NEED BANDS LIKE DISTURBED, SLIPKNOT, SEVENDUST, KORN!!!!! CRASH THE PARTY ANY AWARDS SHOW THAT HAS A PERFORMANCE THEY SHOULD CRASH THE PARTY AND PLAY SONGS WITH CURSE WORDS!!!!!!!!!

Doing that wouldn't achieve anything...if anything it'd bring more hatred towards the heavier genres. People need to realise that all those music award shows such as the grammy's and the MTV awards will NEVER be supportive of heavier bands except for Metallica or AC/DC. This isn't a bad thing though, Disturbed's always been against the pop culture element in music so are most other bands in the heavier genres so them winning an award wouldn't help them even the slightest. People like Taylor Swift and Beyonce can win all the fucking awards they want, awards don't make the talent, hard work and a huge, strong dedication to the band and genre is what makes talent. All these people that win these awards won't even be talked about in another 5 or 6 years while bands like Disturbed will be immortalised for as long as music can be heard.

Spot on.

84Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Sat 06 Feb 2010, 17:53

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
I'm not thrilled about the group Korn....yuck

85Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Sat 06 Feb 2010, 20:08

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
it's it odd that i despise all the Disney "music" apart from demi lovato's stuff which i actually like ?

86Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Sat 17 Apr 2010, 21:35

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
Justin Bieber is getting kind of annoying now. I got one of his songs stuck in my head after hearing it so much.

87Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Mon 19 Apr 2010, 13:50

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
30 Seconds to Mars... I had to suffer through them so I could see the band I did pay to see...

88Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Mon 19 Apr 2010, 14:58

kr0w93

kr0w93
Asylum
Hoemmed wrote:IMO not clever to compare disturbed and slipknot. Or any bands on the other genres.
Just compare bands on same genres, that makes sense.

Then it'd be impossible to compare Disturbed. They are pretty much their own thing, as we all know.

As for band.... probably Porquipine Tree.

89Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Mon 19 Apr 2010, 19:34

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
kr0w93 wrote:As for band.... probably Porquipine Tree.

WHAT?!!! They're one of the best around.

90Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Mon 19 Apr 2010, 19:49

AstroShark

AstroShark
Believer
There have been sevearl but right now i have to say Saving Abel..blech!

91Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Mon 19 Apr 2010, 22:32

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
AstroShark wrote:There have been sevearl but right now i have to say Saving Abel..blech!

I've only seen them live, but they were incredibly crappy. I couldn't tell any of the songs apart and the vocalist reminded me of the guy from that show where they build houses for people or the American Idol host.

92Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Mon 19 Apr 2010, 23:19

AstroShark

AstroShark
Believer
^They remind me of a Heavy Metal Rascal Flats...I saw them open for Sevendust on there last tour.

I could also name all the pop music ou there but that shoul be a givin..hahaa

93Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Tue 20 Apr 2010, 06:53

Renato

Renato
Disturbed One
Sick2Death, because they did some crappy covers of a few songs by Disturbed, which needless to say the covers sucked. It was for a tribute album for Disturbed, and they sell that piece of shit on itunes. WTF

94Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Tue 20 Apr 2010, 08:27

kr0w93

kr0w93
Asylum
Bound2Fate wrote:
kr0w93 wrote:As for band.... probably Porquipine Tree.

WHAT?!!! They're one of the best around.

lol I could have the wrong band. I know I have one in mind but I'm not sure if it's PT or not; I thought it was.

But one of the worst that NOONE can deny..... Beastie Boys *BLECH!*

Dual sunny gangster :Shooting: eat boxing2 pissed Grab Axe :Rambo: Punch killthemall fight1 Kicked hammer Violence

FaerieCorpsey wrote:I personally can't stand Slip Knot, Korn or fricking Avenged Sevenfold.
lol.
I prefer people to sing not... screech tunelessly.

Sid can sing when he wants to.

Wait and Bleed, Dead Memories, Psychosocial(chorus), Vendetta, Sulfur(chorus).

Davis has a unique voice which I like.

A7X sounds like Alvin and the fucking Chipmunks. Good instrumentals.... egt rid of M.Shadows.

Horns wrote:
Ravensclaw wrote:i would have too say slipknot too i never liked them they arent as good as Disturbed

Oh really? Then where's disturbed's grammy?

Get out.

Last edited by Bound2Fate on Sun 25 Apr 2010, 14:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Double Post)

95Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Fri 23 Apr 2010, 01:34

Renato

Renato
Disturbed One
kr0w93 wrote:
Horns wrote:
Ravensclaw wrote:i would have too say slipknot too i never liked them they arent as good as Disturbed

Oh really? Then where's disturbed's grammy?

Get out.

I second that.

96Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Fri 23 Apr 2010, 14:59

kr0w93

kr0w93
Asylum
Bowers wrote:disturbed are in an odd position as they are hated by people who like other genres because they are heavy metal but are also hated by people within the heavy metal fanbase for not being heavy enough

Well said :)

Although they haven't really been Metal at all since Sickness and Believe.

97Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Sun 25 Apr 2010, 05:44

Renato

Renato
Disturbed One
Renato wrote:Sick2Death, because they did some crappy covers of a few songs by Disturbed, which needless to say the covers sucked. It was for a tribute album for Disturbed, and they sell that piece of shit on itunes. WTF

Actually, linkin park is almost as crappy too.

98Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Tue 27 Apr 2010, 01:29

AstroShark

AstroShark
Believer
Shinedown and i cant fuckin belive Sevendust will be touring with that shit this summer.

99Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Tue 27 Apr 2010, 07:05

disturbed_phreak_666

disturbed_phreak_666
Haunted
worst band I've ever heard...BUT THERE'S SO MUCH SHIT OUT THERE NOW ADAYS!! Justin Beiber, Billy Talentless, Art of Dying (terrible live), Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Jonas Brothers (someone kill them already), and that's just off the top of my head...Lady Gaga EWWW!!

100Worst band you ever heard - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst band you ever heard Fri 30 Apr 2010, 18:44

Tai Tnak

Tai Tnak
Immortalized
one of the worst bands that ive heard is three days grace, they suck.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com