Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
Anyone curious about who Katy Perry is...I just wanted to show you her new material....she's ok but I think she sounds like another starlet poptart to me...and that's gonna beat Disturbed's Asylum?? Oh No freakin way...lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chris

Chris
To be honest I don't give a damn if it reaches number one... the most important for me is that it sounds f-ing great and i like it. Don't get me wrong, of course it's very cool they reach number one and are successful and stuff. Well, I hope you got the point I was trying to say...

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
I'm a little bit worried but lets just hope Asylum will be number 1...

asylumbound24

asylumbound24
Disturbed One
for all you people who don't who don't care if they reach number one or not take a step back and look at the facts. If Asylum makes it to number one this makes it their fourth consecutive number one album. With three they are in the top five bands of all time. The fourth with send over the top and put them at number one. So yhea I think that is something to care about if you are a true disturbed fan if not get the hell off of here. I think Guilty Pleasures will agree with me along the the Elite members. For all the disturbed fans we need to do our part and have faith that they will make it to number one. We all should get our Asylum album before it comes out and don't get discouraged by all Katty Perry bull shit. For someone to be showing panties and sexual stuff in video it doesn't get us through the trials and tribulations of every day life and reach us where it hits home the most the Heart. Disturbed will be one and we all can make that happen just believe and have faith and buy the album before it comes out and it will happen.

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
i dont really get how charts work....or like them at all for that matter....but if Another Way to Die did it Asylum definetly could.

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
Its not the charts its the consumers, take a look at the demographic age group. Disturbed 18-35, Katy Perry 12 and up, T.I. 14 and up. Those 2 are Disturbed main obstacles in reaching #1 overall on the billboard charts, with the last 3 albums they never had to contend with a big time pop culture artist/band during their release. The fact that T.I and Katy Perry are more synonymous at the younger age group and over 40 outweighs Disturbed's . Disturbed is probably gonna outsell both in the 20-30 age group. I'm a huge Disturbed fan and love them to death as my favorite all time band, but i am also a realist.

I'm not saying that can't make it to #1, but it will be the toughest one they have ever faced. Especially when they didn't even have a promo commercial for Asylum yet, and Katy Perry and T.I have had quick commercials on up comming albums for the last 6 weeks, mostly on MTV and VH1. They are ahead of Disturbed on the marketing fron already. But then again, Disturbed is the only one out of those 3 who is performing live in a tour to promte the album. I wish they would've made a commercial 2 months before the release, it would've put them in a better spot.

But then again, it isn't Disturbeds fault...ITS WARNER BROTHERS!!!!

Kingston160

Kingston160
Believer
Again no one likes WMG an you do have a good point but still mainly people in America wll buy T.I and/or Katty Perry but Disturbed is a world Wide Band its huge in parts of Europe so believe Believe Disturbed can do it

MMEggman

MMEggman
Loading The Weapon
I am actually going to cry, alot, if Disturbed doesn't make it to number one. I want my favourite band to get that amount of success and to be recognised as THAT band that hit four number 1's in a row.
If you're not pre-ordering, go out on the 31st and pick that mother fucker up! (I pre-ordered and i'm still going to buy it on the 31st, simply because I won't be able to wait past store opening hours for it to arrive in the mail :D)
The guy

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Do I give a fat flyin' heap o' concern about Katy Perry? Nope. Personally, I think she's vulgar. But I'm not in her dempgraphic, either.

Nor am I in Disturbed's demographic anymore (18-35...and I'm older than 35), but long after the Katy Perry's of the world fade away (or her fan base grows up), there will still be Disturbed.

I'm a radio chick by profession, so I do pay attention to the charts. When (not if, when!) Disturbed has their 4th number one release in a row, that will be a big freakin' deal!

So go out on the 31st and buy Asylum. I've pre-ordered it, and I'm STILL going to buy a copy. I might give it to my 16 year old when my pre-ordered copy comes in the mail. We have the power, Disturbed 1s, to make this record number one! So let's do it!

Who's with me!!!!!!

Kingston160

Kingston160
Believer
GuiltyPleasures wrote:Do I give a fat flyin' heap o' concern about Katy Perry? Nope. Personally, I think she's vulgar. But I'm not in her dempgraphic, either.

Nor am I in Disturbed's demographic anymore (18-35...and I'm older than 35), but long after the Katy Perry's of the world fade away (or her fan base grows up), there will still be Disturbed.

I'm a radio chick by profession, so I do pay attention to the charts. When (not if, when!) Disturbed has their 4th number one release in a row, that will be a big freakin' deal!

So go out on the 31st and buy Asylum. I've pre-ordered it, and I'm STILL going to buy a copy. I might give it to my 16 year old when my pre-ordered copy comes in the mail. We have the power, Disturbed 1s, to make this record number one! So let's do it!

Who's with me!!!!!!
The Guy

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
GuiltyPleasures wrote:Do I give a fat flyin' heap o' concern about Katy Perry? Nope. Personally, I think she's vulgar. But I'm not in her dempgraphic, either.

Who's with me!!!!!!
Well said Steph! I agree 100%

disturbedfan431

disturbedfan431
Believer
i'm not really worried about the new album getting the #1 spot
the only thing i care about is the music but then again it would be nice to see it get to the top especially sell more albums then that katie perry bullshit disturbed deserve it why fucking more then that bitch
but there's not really much you can do the way this music industry is these days we all know is so fucked in the ass it's a miracle that disturbed is still alive and making awesome music so fuck the #1, fuck that perry bitch and bring on the "Asylum"!!!!!

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
Lol, Not only have I pre ordered the itunes lp deluxe version, but i also preordered 2 more copies online and a friend will reserve a copy for me at best buy ^.^". 2 copies for me, one for my brother, and another as a gift!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Dawn_Cato wrote:Anyone curious about who Katy Perry is...I just wanted to show you her new material....she's ok but I think she sounds like another starlet poptart to me...and that's gonna beat Disturbed's Asylum?? Oh No freakin way...lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amen, sista! Katy Perry wishes she could have Disturbed's success!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind

Who's with me!!!!!!

I'm in 10,000%, Stef! All the way! Oorah! Dancing David

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
Guys, heres a list of Albums coming out that day.

August 31, 2010
Cephalic Carnage - Misled By Certainty (Relapse)
The Contortionist - Exoplanet (Good Fight)
Disturbed - Asylum (Reprise)
Infernaeon - Genesis To Nemesis (Prosthetic)
Interment - Into The Crypts Of Blasphemy (Pulverised)
Murderdolls - Women And Children Last (Roadrunner)
Neurosis - Enemy Of The Sun Re-Release (Neurot)
Neurosis - Live At Roadburn 2007 (Neurot)
Nightfall - Astron Black and the Thirty Tyrants (Metal Blade)
The Other - New Blood (SPV)
Shadowgarden - Ashen (Napalm)
Tarja Turunen - What Lies Beneath (The End)
Tristania - Rubicon (Napalm)
Within The Ruins - Invade (Victory)
The Word Alive - Deceiver (Fearless)

I dont know half of these bands... but this is in the metal genre only, And I think Disturbeds would have to be the most anticipated, now the fact that the mindless zombies that are pop/rap fans (aka Justin Bieber fans) mindlessly buy there albums, well then Disturbed wont be on the top of the chart for ALL GENRES, but maybe Rock or Metal. Who knows, but I honestly dont care because either way I still love there music weather its on the top of some chart or not!

-Spawn Indestructible

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Morbid Spawn wrote:Guys, heres a list of Albums coming out that day.

August 31, 2010

I dont know half of these bands... but this is in the metal genre only, And I think Disturbeds would have to be the most anticipated, now the fact that the mindless zombies that are pop/rap fans (aka Justin Bieber fans) mindlessly buy there albums, well then Disturbed wont be on the top of the chart for ALL GENRES, but maybe Rock or Metal. Who knows, but I honestly dont care because either way I still love there music weather its on the top of some chart or not!

-Spawn Indestructible
You've actually forgotten the new 10 years album "Feeding the Wolves". It's looking to be really good.

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
4everDisturbed wrote:

August 31, 2010

-Spawn Indestructible
You've actually forgotten the new 10 years album "Feeding the Wolves". It's looking to be really good.

Cant expect me to get everything right :/

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Omg, I didn't kow Tarja stil existed -_-

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Morbid Spawn wrote:
4everDisturbed wrote:

August 31, 2010

-Spawn Indestructible

Cant expect me to get everything right :/
Hahaha! it's all good. I just keep hoping disurbed gets the fourth #1

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
it's not any of those albums as i said it's only the katy perry album that poses any real competition to asylum

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
And dont forget, digital album downloads dont count, they are counted for a completely different chart! :D

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
lol, yeah and since pop fans don't really buy the albums...Disturbed wins by a landslide

The(New)Guy

The(New)Guy
Stupified
I think the title of this topic can alos reffer to our own preferences, our nr.1 Disturbed album..will Asylum get to our number one?
Things are looing promising..at least for me this album has by far the best title, by far the best cover, best music video and almost best track (Asylum..best Disturbed intro but needed a better chorus lyrically and/or musically).

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
Eminem will likely relinquish the No. 1 position next week to Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream." Released yesterday (Aug. 24), industry prognosticators suggest that the singer's new set will likely sell in the range of 170,000 to 200,000 by week's end on Sunday, August 29.

things look good if this is true as disturbed are likely to sell at least the same as katy perry will in her 1st week and she will not be able to match that in her second week

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com