Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Asylum -  will it get to number one  Empty Asylum - will it get to number one Sun 08 Aug 2010, 15:51

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
what are your opinions towards asylum getting to number one?

i was very confident until i found out that katy perry's album comes out the week before and could do very well

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
that's true but fans are confused about all these editions it could put people off of buying it on the day im not im gonna wait until after i will buy it just later on

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
I have never heard of Katy Perry. But I'm gonna go down to Best Buy and get Asylum and the new 10 Year's album that comes out the same day too. I'm sure it'll go number one though.

chasetheguy

chasetheguy
Stupified
no disturbed a katty perry are different genres your vs metal and pop disturbed is number 1 in metal or rock charts if you want it simple Asylum Guy

asylumbound24

asylumbound24
Disturbed One
exacyly there not even in the same genre. but regardless disturbed all the way. no one cares if she kissed a girl and liked it ok. that shit dont get us through our thick and thins and trials and tribulations does it.disturbed is our life force and we all feel this way do we not my brothers and sisters my blood. so fuck katie perry and lets give disturbed the love and support they give us and have there back in this katie perry bull shit and have no dought in our minds that they will go number one. that shouldnt even be a conversation piece

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Goo Goo dolls is dropping their album on Aug 31 as well. I only know that because I got bored this morning and watched VH1 music video countdown until I went to work. :P But Asylum will reach number one, seeing as how fast Another Way to Die got to number one single.

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
The album to reach number one will be the one that is deemed most popular at that very moment...which unfortunately is not Disturbed. There are multiple reasons for them not making number one over all.

However they do stand a great shot at making number 1 on the rock charts, as long as there isn't a more radio friendly band releasing an album around the same time, then they should be okay!

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
Yes, no doubt in my mind! #1 baby!

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
im referring to the billboard chart not genre charts

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
Yes, i know. I still believe they will get #1 on billboards.

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Yeah it will happen for sure it is up to us Disturbed Ones to make sure we get them there.

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
well you have to think that katy perry will get at least 500,000 in her 1st week and she may get even more which is worrying at disturbed will get just over 200,000 in their 1st week

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Katy Perry isnt as popular as you think. Most people who listen to that kind of music just buy the singles off of iTunes and dont even buy the physical albums.

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator

Will it get to #1.....absolutely!

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
Disturbed1ForLife25 wrote:Yes, i know. I still believe they will get #1 on billboards.

You have any idea of the MILLIONS of teenage girls who listen to stuff like Katy Perry?

Unfortunately, it will be tough. But seeing as how she will sell her album the week BEFORE, it wouldn't be as bad.

If it was the week OF Asylum, honestly, it'd be a long shot. Pop gets much more radio play, so of course it's going to get much more album sales as well. It's just how it is.

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
i think we have to see how her second single does before we can judge and it's up to you american disturbed fan to buy a copy the 1st week to get it to number 1

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Bowers wrote:i think we have to see how her second single does before we can judge and it's up to you american disturbed fan to buy a copy the 1st week to get it to number 1

It's as good as done...I preordered mine already.

Number one here we come!

asylumbound24

asylumbound24
Disturbed One
i also have my pre order copie and have had it ordered for almost 3 weeks. ive done my part. #1 here we come lets go out and get multilpe copies. with 200k ppl getting 2 a piece thats 400k it would be an easy way to get them what they diserve

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
if you did buy like 2 or 3 copies just return them after the album hits number 1 Lol

Stricken_Mistress

Stricken_Mistress
Inside The Fire
ShockAndAwe wrote:Katy Perry isnt as popular as you think. Most people who listen to that kind of music just buy the singles off of iTunes and dont even buy the physical albums.

Exactly!!! Pop fans in general could give a crapola less about album artwork...if there were any...and owning a physical copy of the album. So, Katy Perry will probably win "top seller" on itunes, I don't foresee her albums flying off the shelves of Best Buy by pink clad teenagers with ipods attached to their heads permanently.

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
even considering that im still worried

Stricken_Mistress

Stricken_Mistress
Inside The Fire
Less worry more faith Smiles...lol

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
I really could care less about chart positions. Disturbed is one of the few bands I listen to that actually make it onto a chart. It's the music that matters. Maybe they should have released the album a few weeks earlier instead, haha.

Stricken_Mistress

Stricken_Mistress
Inside The Fire
I normally don't pay much attention to chart positions either, except, if they debut this album at number 1 that will make it, what, 4 consecutive number 1 debuts? It writes music history.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Disturbed will be number 1 definitely. I know from experience (living with my sister and spending time with her friends) that pop fans just download the album, they don't understand the feeling of actually owning a tangible copy. I wish I can hep get them to number one, but i doubt that my parents will order it for me, seeing that i live so far away...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com