Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Tue 15 Jun 2010, 15:43

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
Alot of people do not like this song at all! i mean they say its not INSIDE THE FIRE and wont have the impact like that did! i mean what do you guys think? i love this song especially the slow intro part!!!!! and the gang vocals!

2Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Tue 15 Jun 2010, 16:02

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
im not a fan tbh

3Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Tue 15 Jun 2010, 16:07

Nakho

Nakho
Loading The Weapon
I think its a good song, but not enough for a single. I think they choose AWTD because of the subject of the lyrics and the oil desaster is in the media right now.
inside the fire in that moment was a better election...
also, the sound of the song its so similar to indestructible record, the 4 previuos albums are different in sound.

but i have faith in the rest of the album...

4Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Tue 15 Jun 2010, 16:19

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
I actually was disappointed with Inside the Fire and it is still my least favorite song off the album. Most Disturbed singles find themselves to be among my least favorites off of each album, except for like 2 or 3.

So saying that I wasn't expecting much from Another Way to Die. I really just like the intro and the rest is ok. So the first 55 seconds are awesome, then I find the next 5 seconds very generic, then I like the next section. I don't like that part where David sings "Still, we ravage the world that we love, and the millions cry out to be saved. Our endless maniacal appetite left us with another way to die." I like the lyrics, but the music is very generic to me. The solo is really good, more in the TTF style. But I'm hoping for a lot more from the rest of the album.

5Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Tue 15 Jun 2010, 18:20

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
In the end i think the best description of this song is it is probably the most badass song out there about global warming. In my opinion they put the best spin they could on a really generic and mundane topic.

6Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 00:26

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
i like it because of the intro you know? a little something different and i love the lyrics and davids voice and the drumming and guitar solo! i think this album will be one of disturbeds greatest!! i really do i think the critics are going to love this album and it may win awards thats what i think what do you think?

7Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 00:48

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
I love the beggining. I dont really like the parts from "still we ravage the world we love...another way to die". I love the dark voice he uses and when he sings "is there any hope that we'll survive?" Good and equal song all in all. Not gonna be known as one of their best ever. Cool song though. I'm waiting to hear "The Warrior".

8Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 01:44

Disturbed12010

Disturbed12010
Believer
Yeah this song has both elements of songs like "Criminal" & "Just Stop", I for one want to listen to the whole album, the song is good to hear, David did great with Gang Vocals, Solo sounds like Bullet For My Valentine's "Pleasure And Pain" from Fever, sounds interesting with elements, but yeah still good song to listen for "Another Way To Die", also hit #1 on Itunes rock charts. good huh?

Disturbed Warrior

9Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 02:50

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
i can see where people are coming from. personally i loved the vibe this song gave for the rest of the album. i think david did get a little repetitive with his lyrics. He didnt have to say "another way to die", "will we repent in time" just so much. It almost made good lyrics stale. The intro was something that i didnt wuite expect. i liked it. I liked the aggressiveness his verses had. My fav part is the bridge where he says 'the time bomb is ticking... will we ever survive' because it sounds full. I would grade this song a high 6 or low 7. I dont like it as a single but it made me really hyped for the album

10Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 03:19

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
i wasn't 100% sure about it at first.....i'm not a big "environmentalist" per say but i can't get the thing out of my head so that says alot.....the solo reminds me of a pantera solo which is pretty cool.....as i get more into the feel of the song and past the meaning....i like it alot.....8ish out if 10.

11Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 03:57

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
I agree with some of you guys with the over usage of certain lines, but the more I think about it....this could've easily turned into one of those old school "thrash" songs about how we fucked up the planet, but to me it would have less meaning and not as great of an impact if it was a thrash metal song. It was probably difficult to even write a song to this subject matter, i know i'd have writers block for weeks or even months trying to find words to put together like Davids. But the song sounds great when you just close your eyes and lean back and chillax for 4 minutes. I give this song an 8.5 to a solid 9.
Mikes drum work was awesome and Dan's guitar work is unbelievable. I want John to be featured more on the rest of the album, hopefully theres a few songs where he gets his own line to sing without the others!

12Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 04:03

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
ShockAndAwe wrote:I love the beggining. I dont really like the parts from "still we ravage the world we love...another way to die".

Exactly. It's that part that keeps it from being a good song and makes it a mediocre song. I'm sure the rest of the album will be much better.

13Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 05:20

LeafyBug

LeafyBug
Stupified
The chorus is very weak for a single, which brings the overall quality down. I've had the melody of the verses stuck in my head humming it all day.

14Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 06:54

_KJ_

_KJ_
A Welcome Burden
I wasnt as impressed as i thought id be from the 30 sec demo... Its was still amazing just not what was expecting

15Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 08:54

Remiel

Stricken
I was overall unimpressed with this song. I like the beginning of it, but then when the real song gets started with verse and chorus it leaves much to be desired. I know David likes to write lyrics dealing with current events and tragedies of life but this song doesn't seem to have Dave's signature lyrical style. Most of the time the words he chooses have weight and create a very poetic or awesome sounding line, but this song I have to honestly say is one of their worst yet.

Though despite all of this, I still have faith in the album. I may wait to hear all of the songs on it before I buy it though. Choosing this song as their first single from the new album has shaken my faith in the band a little bit.

16Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 11:58

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
LeafyBug wrote:I've had the melody of the verses stuck in my head humming it all day.
The Disturbed has accomplished the goal of getting it stuck in people's heads. The simplest melodys and lyrics are so easily stuck in your head.

17Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 12:25

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
awesome

18Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 13:56

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Remiel wrote:Choosing this song as their first single from the new album has shaken my faith in the band a little bit.

I wouldn't be too worried. Inside the Fire did the same to me last time, but the album turned out much better.

19Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 14:39

disturbed fan86

disturbed fan86
Warrior
Me I fucking Love "Another Way To Die" there isn't anything about the song that I don't like it is so awesome great job disturbed .

20Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 17:02

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
The song f*cking rocks hands down!!!

21Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 17:37

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
I wasn't sure about it at first, however the fact that i couldn't get it out of my head was a display of how it hit me. I absolutely love it and can't wait for the rest of the album. 9.5/10

22Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 19:32

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
i agree completely with the message of this song/video. we are raping the planet and all of its resources with no consideration for the Future value of the planet's well being nor for our own future generations. this needs to stop. Also start giving back to replenish the earth to ensure this world will be inhabitable for more than merely a couple hundred more years

i wish people would recognize what is happening and what we are doing...we have a moral obligation to do something about it.

once again Disturbed has captured the essence of what is going on in the world for their next album. i eagerly await to hear the rest of it and look forward even more to seeing them live once again

23Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 21:17

MassEffect

MassEffect
I love the song, sure maybe instrumental wise it might not be as good as some of their other songs but it's everything and more that you'd expect from a Disturbed single.

24Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Wed 16 Jun 2010, 22:13

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
love the message, love the verse and bridge, but the chorus is a little strange for my liking. and the guitar riff could be better. However, its still a great song, but i do want to hear some better stuff when the album is released.

25Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Empty Re: Another Way To Die! REVIEWS! Thu 17 Jun 2010, 00:58

xxxDisturbedxxx

xxxDisturbedxxx
Loading The Weapon
The chord progression in the chorus is the only thing that threw me off. I love the main riff that plays when he says "It's just another way to die", and the riff used in the verses.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com