Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

kr0w93

kr0w93
Asylum
For me, I would love the old cartoony-ish "Guy" in a straight jacket with chains wrapped around him and hanging from his arms/wrists. He'd be in a dark room(the Asylum obviously).

You'd only see his face as the rest of the head blends in with the darkness.

If you look closely in the background, you can make out the band's faces in the shadows.

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
i think "the guy" album cover is getting a little stale. i like ur idea krow but id like to see something fresh too. the guy is like a symbol/mascot but doesnt need to be on every album.

3Cover Art; what would you like to see? Empty Cover Art; what would like to see? Thu 06 May 2010, 10:12

disturbed fan86

disturbed fan86
Warrior
kr0w93 wrote:For me, I would love the old cartoony-ish "Guy" in a straight jacket with chains wrapped around him and hanging from his arms/wrists. He'd be in a dark room(the Asylum obviously).

You'd only see his face as the rest of the head blends in with the darkness.

If you look closely in the background, you can make out the band's faces in the shadows.

Hey kr0w93 I second your idea for disturbed's fifth Asylum cover artwork thank you very and your welcome.

GiveIntoTheNight

GiveIntoTheNight
Loading The Weapon
The Guy should be on the album cover and that's doesn't limit the artists at all. Eddie was great on each Iron Maiden album and he was seen in outer space, in 18th century battles, even being a tree...

So the Guy should be there but probably locked in an Asylum with chains and stuff like that.

deli10

deli10
Believer
Fan Cover
Of the new album - "Asylum"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
I think i can do better then that crap and by the way i made the text my self its all custom nothing official remember that's cause usually around this time people are looking for something disturbed to talk about and i made one last time and it got around the internet big time some still think the pic i did was real any ways this one aint enjoy any ways

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
awesome job raven even though the background is slightly odd

zerimar07

zerimar07
I like raven´s rendering. though if David said they wanna show how the band has matured, then I think the album cover is going to look a lot more clean and simple than the others. Maybe just a symbol like in Believe...

9vista

9vista
The Guy locked up in chains would be awesome

MRST

MRST
Disturbed One
Raven, that's fucking awesome! Good stuff!

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
Asylum is dark name so is the album i think remember no rainbows and songs about puppy dogs it will be sick like the sickness so that picture is on the same line thats what i think

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Something dark and brooding, like what Raven's got here, but keeping with the title of Asylum. Maybe pics of the band with a forboding image of The Guy in chains or something taking up the entire background. Perhaps the band in locked rooms or cages with blood or skeletons (of those who died insane), or other horror-like images. A Poe-esque scene where sanity is questioned.

I can see it in my mind, but I don't know if just words can convey what I mean.

TheOneYouForsaken

TheOneYouForsaken
Loading The Weapon
I think something like what Reven had going on, but with the Believe Symbol burned into his chest or something....

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
asylum is too dark for the believe symbol

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
Again this one is custom felt like doing another i thought about the name Asylum which also could mean not a prison but a safe heaven for lost souls and this is what i can up with

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Ravensclaw wrote:
Again this one is custom felt like doing another i thought about the name Asylum which also could mean not a prison but a safe heaven for lost souls and this is what i can up with

That is one of the best pictures i have ever seen Raven Great Job.

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
Ravensclaw wrote:Asylum is dark name so is the album i think remember no rainbows and songs about puppy dogs it will be sick like the sickness so that picture is on the same line thats what i think

I really think you encaptured it well. Its definetly darker than the rest of the covers. You have sick skills man.

NightHawk

NightHawk
Believer
love it crow love it

seduced

seduced
u know wat would make that cooler if u had time?

going with the insane asylum feel,
keep the same pic of the guy but like hav a bunch of insane people in their prison cells and have him like barely visible in the backround somewhere.

it could mean he is responsible for their insanity or that he is about to save them from it and that he is merely showing you the pain that the world has caused them.
which if u think of it kinda brings a new prospective the meaning of the album.
hmmm
Theguy

Conker

Conker
The Animal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My failed attempt, makes not a lot of sense or has anything to do with asylum, but I just like blue ^^

seduced

seduced
hey its a hell of a lot better than anything i could do

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
i still don't think now its like insane asylum but asylum like safe haven for lost souls trust me it is think about it

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Ravensclaw wrote:i still don't think now its like insane asylum but asylum like safe haven for lost souls trust me it is think about it

Almost like we're saying, "We want asylum from this world that tries to make us all the same, when we know we're all different and unique." Or that we want to make a difference, but we're not allowed to because we're Disturbed Ones (i.e. different, unique, individuals, etc.) and society wants us to do what they want and not what we know is right.

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
I think 'The Guy' is a must at this point. He is the symbol of the band and to see him grow throughout the albums has been sick. I think they should change shyt up and make it upside down or something; hanging from the ceiling bu chains. Tha6t look unique and fucked up

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
seduced wrote:u know wat would make that cooler if u had time?

going with the insane asylum feel,
keep the same pic of the guy but like hav a bunch of insane people in their prison cells and have him like barely visible in the backround somewhere.

it could mean he is responsible for their insanity or that he is about to save them from it and that he is merely showing you the pain that the world has caused them.
which if u think of it kinda brings a new prospective the meaning of the album.
hmmm
Theguy

That'd be fucking cool. Just him chilling in the back with utter madness occurring around him? Brutal

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com