Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disturbed Capture Fifth Straight Number One Album!! Empty Will Immortalized debut at #1? Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:27

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
So here we are in the first week of the album's release. The deciding week that will see if they can make a solid 5 debuts at #1 on the U.S. Billboard 200.

I looked at most hard rock and heavy metal bands of the last while to debut at #1 and it looks pretty good for bands coming back from hiatus. Dark Before Dawn by Breaking Benjamin and .5: The Gray Chapter by Slipknot were both #1 debuts.

The story looks quite a bit worse for other bands. Even Metallica's Through The Never companion album debuted at a mere 8, and more alarmingly, Redeemer of Souls by Judas Priest only reached 6 (which is also their highest in general). The same holds true for other bands from Disturbed's age-group, like Lamb of God, Mastodon and Godsmack. VII: Sturm und Drang, Once More 'Round the Sun and 1000hp reached 3, 6 and 3 respectively.

So, where do we stand?

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
disturbed will do it I have faith

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
This album is ROCK SOLID, I love Breaking Benjamin and if that album (which was awesome) hit #1 then Immortalized will for sure! No doubt in my mind

smjester

smjester
Highly likely... I've seen posts on Facebook of people who didn't pre-order having to go to 2-3 different stores to find it. That and Billboard 200 takes streaming data into account as well.

Disturbed2Link

Disturbed2Link
Disturbed One
WickedKnightAlbel wrote:So here we are in the first week of the album's release. The deciding week that will see if they can make a solid 5 debuts at #1 on the U.S. Billboard 200.

I looked at most hard rock and heavy metal bands of the last while to debut at #1 and it looks pretty good for bands coming back from hiatus. Dark Before Dawn by Breaking Benjamin and .5: The Gray Chapter by Slipknot were both #1 debuts.

The story looks quite a bit worse for other bands. Even Metallica's Through The Never companion album debuted at a mere 8, and more alarmingly, Redeemer of Souls by Judas Priest only reached 6 (which is also their highest in general). The same holds true for other bands from Disturbed's age-group, like Lamb of God, Mastodon and Godsmack. VII: Sturm und Drang, Once More 'Round the Sun and 1000hp reached 3, 6 and 3 respectively.

So, where do we stand?

I think this album stands a good chance of debuting number 1...the Vengeful One music video had a million views inside a week  I do believe....plus the strong fanbase this group has that not many other bands have (in sheer size that is)..many of the newer bands that got number 1 in the past 5 years didn't have Disturbed to contend with so yean..I Think it will hit number 1...easily. Disturbed 3

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
Well shit, I've done my part, getting at least 4 copies of the fucking thing.  Pre-ordered iTunes, pre-ordered Deluxe from the band's website, went out and bought physical standard on release day from Best Buy, and received that complimentary digital copy (not sure if that counts obviously).  Just got paid as well and trying to balance my checkbook to make room to order a vinyl copy, too.  Should've just got the vinyl bundle, but oh well.

Still, if anybody else has doubled down like I have, we should be rock solid.

Disturbed2Link

Disturbed2Link
Disturbed One
disturbedsikkness wrote:Well shit, I've done my part, getting at least 4 copies of the fucking thing.  Pre-ordered iTunes, pre-ordered Deluxe from the band's website, went out and bought physical standard on release day from Best Buy, and received that complimentary digital copy (not sure if that counts obviously).  Just got paid as well and trying to balance my checkbook to make room to order a vinyl copy, too.  Should've just got the vinyl bundle, but oh well.

Still, if anybody else has doubled down like I have, we should be rock solid.

I bought 3 picture disk bundles from their store and got the survival bundle from Bravado so I have 4 copies of the deluxe edition cd....the digital copy that you get with the preorder from their official site doesn't count towards the amount sold as it was free with  your preorder, only those digital copies actually purchased count....

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So the enemy this week is Ghost, Bon Jovi and Carly Rae Jepsen. We're highly-likely to beat them.

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
I recon we done it

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized

U.S.A Today says the album is doing well too.

Disturbed2Link

Disturbed2Link
Disturbed One
Awesome as if we had any doubt anyways lol

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized

So it's doing well. Like, in-the-bag well. That's how well it's doing.

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
tomorrow we will be celebrating another 1 album

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized

All's right with the world

Benicus

Benicus
The UK charts are in:

#1 UK Rock Chart
#8 UK Top 40

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized

So basically we've won.

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
Puzzled that the chart itself on Billboard 200 on their website doesn't even have Immortalized on the list.  Apparently Luke Bryan won the top spot and Disturbed didn't even make the top 200.

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
CrowX says the results come in tomorrow so we gotta wait until then

disturbed fan86

disturbed fan86
Warrior

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
Congrats, everyone. The streak is alive.

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
We did it Disturbed Ones!!! Disturbed1

Disturbed kept their impressive Billboard 200 streak alive as Immortalized, the heavy metal band's first studio album in five years, grabbed the top spot in its debut week, giving Disturbed five consecutive Number One albums. The Chicago rockers join Metallica and Dave Matthews Band as the only other bands in the Nielsen SoundScan era to rack up five consecutive Number One albums, Billboard reports.

Immortalized sold 98,000 total copies on its way to the top spot. While five straight Number One albums is a remarkable feat, that sub-100,000 total magnifies the significant drop in overall album sales since Disturbed grabbed their first Number One in 2002. In that year, Disturbed's second LP Believe sold 284,000 copies in its debut week. 2005's Ten Thousand Fists (239,000 copies) and 2008's Indestructible (253,000) also enjoyed big opening weeks. 2010's Asylum debuted at 179,000 copies.

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
awesome i think the critics and trolls talking shit will soon have less to talk about they cant call them shit no more cause they got 5 number 1 album suck on that you fucks id like to see them pull that one out of their asses five number 1's

ga1hano

ga1hano
Number 1 fucking band in the world !

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, MY BLOOD,

THE DISTURBED FAMILY IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE OUR 5TH CONSECUTIVE #1 BILLBOARD DEBUT WITH #Immortalized!

WITH YOUR HELP, IN THE FACE OF STAGGERING ODDS, AND MIGHTY COMPETITION, WE HAVE ONCE AGAIN MADE HISTORY! 

WORDS CANNOT PROPERLY EXPRESS THE LEVEL OF GRATITUDE, LOVE, AND APPRECIATION WE HAVE FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU DISTURBED ONES; WHOSE LOYALTY, DEVOTION, AND UNITED POWER, CONTINUE TO ASTONISH BOTH THE MEMBERS OF THIS BAND, AND THE REST OF THE WORLD!

WE ALSO WISH TO EXTEND OUR DEEPEST HEARTFELT CONGRATULATIONS, TO THE OTHER ESTEEMED ARTISTS WHO SHARE THE CHART WITH US THIS WEEK, FOR IT IS TRULY AN HONOR TO BE COUNTED AMONG THEM.

DAN, MIKE, JOHN, AND MYSELF, ARE BOTH HUMBLED AND EXHILARATED TO NO END BY YOUR INCREDIBLE SHOW OF FORCE!

THIS IS YOUR VICTORY! YOUR TRIUMPH! TOGETHER, WE HAVE ONCE AGAIN SHOWN THE WORLD THAT ROCK MUSIC IS ALIVE AND WELL, AND WILL NEVER DIE! LET THIS MOMENT BE CELEBRATED NOT ONLY BY US, BUT BY EVERY ROCK MUSIC FAN ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET!

WE LOOK FORWARD WITH RENEWED HUNGER AND ANTICIPATION TO SEEING YOU OUT ON TOUR IN 2016!
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR CONTINUING TO BE OUR LIFE’S BLOOD!

THE LEVIATHAN HAS RISEN.

WE ALL ARE…

DISTURBED.

-D

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Happy to be apart of history since Ive bought every album day of release since TTF.

Here is to making it 6 in a row in the future!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com