Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Boston Globe reports that DISTURBED's previously announced U.S. tour has been canceled because the band's lead singer, David Draiman, has been diagnosed with a serious throat condition.

According to tour promoter LiveNation, the unspecified "condition" is not permanent, but Draiman must stop performing for at least four weeks in order for it to heal. Refunds are available at point of purchase.

Draiman in 2006 underwent successful surgery to fix a deviated septum which was making breathing difficult and affecting his vocal abilities on stage.

Draiman told a California radio station last month that the band will be doing two legs of its Music As A Weapon tour in 2011. Draiman did not reveal the lineup, but said, "The co-headliner for the tour [rumored to be KORN. — Ed.] is massive. And it's going to be appearing in a union that I think hard rock and heavy metal fans have been wanting to happen for awhile. It has happened before, but only in brief stints. Now it's gonna happen for the duration of a two-leg-long tour. And we're gonna join forces with a leviathan. And we're really looking forward to it."

Previous Music As A Weapon lineups have included CHEVELLE, STONE SOUR, DROWNING POOL, ALTER BRIDGE and others.

DISTURBED's fifth studio album, "Asylum", arrived on August 31 and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard album chart, the fourth consecutive release from the group to do so.

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
I hope he is gonna be okay...

ThePlague

ThePlague
Eye of the Storm
He better get ready before The Rock Star Taste of Chaos Tour ...

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Hope he Heals Fast

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
omg, i felt lightheaded when i was reading that...i still do

god, i hope he's fine

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Get well soon, David! We all love you!!!

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Man, that's disappointing, but David needs to take the time to heal properly. We'll still be here for you, David!

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
poor bastard never gets a break.

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Disturbed cancels upcoming U.S. tour so frontman David Draiman can undergo treatment for a serious throat condition. The illness is not thought to be permanent, but Draiman has been told he must stop performing for at least four weeks in order for him to fully heal, according to the Boston Globe. It is not known if Draiman's condition is linked to his past problems - in 2006 he underwent successful surgery to fix a deviated septum which was making breathing difficult and affecting his vocals.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
I'll be praying for you David! Please get well soon! :)

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
This sounds serious...

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
i wish someone would give us more details, this is so vague, i'm going crazy here

one of the guys should say something in an interview

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
Damn..I wonder if he started drinking again...if so, hopefully its a wake up call for the whole band...not just him...

Get better David!

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
i really don't think so

he's been taking care of himself, with what he drinks and eats and how much he sleeps and things like that for a long time now, he's at the beginning of a tour cycle, he knows the risks, he wouldn't do that

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
get well soon david

MMEggman

MMEggman
Loading The Weapon
I am shaking with fear here. I hope he's okay.
Hearing that it's not permanent is a bit of a relief. That bloody curse won't lay off.
Heal fast David! :(

17DISTURBED Frontman Diagnosed With 'Serious Throat Condition'; U.S. Tour Canceled Empty cancelled? Sun 10 Oct 2010, 02:38

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
anyone know why some shows were shown as canceled?....including hose of blues?

TheDarkDestroyer520

TheDarkDestroyer520
Disturbed One
Sorry, but all of the tour dates for the two weeks US run were canceled.

David has been diagnosed with a very serious throat condition and is not allowed to preform for at least 4-6 weeks in order to avoid permanent harm.

It sucks because I had tickets to the Detroit show on the 15th, but I want David to get better and sound better too.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
we're all concerned for david. right now it's him that's important and not the tour :)

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
David and Lena are both sick at the same time...they'll need a private nurse....get well soon.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
what's wrong with her? :(

oh, i hope they both feel better soon!

PricelessDamnation

PricelessDamnation
Disturbed One
I hope he gets better soon...

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
best wishes to david.

asylumbound24

asylumbound24
Disturbed One
get well soon david. this is scary. i would stop listening to music all together if disturbed had to retire. theyre just getting started on the begining of their new found status. they are not just a well known and loved band anymore. THEY ARE LIVING LEGENDS NOW. please give us updates as they are found to let us know how dave is doing. we love you dave. top three bands of all time on the bilboard chart 200. only 2 other band have had 4 straight #1s lets hope 2012 or when ever album #6 comes out makes number five in row witch would make bilboard history. the only one to make 5 in a row. that would be sick as fuck. i can see it now in big red letters. DISTURBED IS THE BEST BAND OF ALL TIME, OFFICIALLY!!!

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
You can't do this to me god....please i'll give up anything if you just let David Draiman be okay, i will stop listening to music if he is not...I could not go out without them please god please let him be okay, i need Disturbed to function...I am saying prayers every night...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com