Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Asylum Solo's Empty Asylum Solo's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 11:12

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
Is it just me, or is everyone freaking jumping out of their skin for the new album and danny's new guitar solo's! I want him to break out all the stops, ever little trick, long solo's, shredding with his melodic touch only he has out of all the guitarist, best guitarist ever. I want him to have guitar solo's on Asylum that make the Indestructible solo's jealous! The Indestructible O

2Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 18:02

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
Dans guitar solos truly are amazing. I hope they have more solos.

3Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 19:38

disturbedfan431

disturbedfan431
Believer
i'm not a really big fan of solo's but dan can pull off some shit

4Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 19:53

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Dan's solos are sure to be MIND-BLOWING.

5Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 21:31

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
They have been so far!

6Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 22:36

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Personally, I want to hear Mike do a drum solo on a record.

7Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Wed 09 Jun 2010, 22:46

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
ShockAndAwe wrote:Personally, I want to hear Mike do a drum solo on a record.

Now THAT would be sick! Go Mikey GO! LOL

8Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Thu 10 Jun 2010, 00:57

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
i miss the long lost art of guitar solos. a really cool solo can make a song millions of times better. i am interested to see if Dan is continuing to include more solos in his work.

9Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Thu 10 Jun 2010, 01:09

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:i miss the long lost art of guitar solos. a really cool solo can make a song millions of times better. i am interested to see if Dan is continuing to include more solos in his work.
He will, i know he will, he is gonna have fucking AMAZING solo's,
like none no one has ever heard.

10Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Thu 10 Jun 2010, 01:17

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
Disturbed1ForLife25 wrote:
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:i miss the long lost art of guitar solos. a really cool solo can make a song millions of times better. i am interested to see if Dan is continuing to include more solos in his work.

im not so sure. as a musician, Dan has a belief that what fits in melodically with the band is a hundred times more important than solos. And through the first two albums, he followed this principle to such an extreme that he did no guitar solos watsoever. so im not completely sure hes gonna take the next step in that directions.

11Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Thu 10 Jun 2010, 01:29

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:

im not so sure. as a musician, Dan has a belief that what fits in melodically with the band is a hundred times more important than solos. And through the first two albums, he followed this principle to such an extreme that he did no guitar solos watsoever. so im not completely sure hes gonna take the next step in that directions.
I am sure he will, he is very melodic in songs that are deep and have a meaning towards being hurt, in pain, suffering, ie facade, the curse, torn, stricken, inside the fire so many others, but when you get songs like Indestructible, perfect insanity, divide, land of confusion, the night, he incorporates melodic and aggressive solo's, he is a music genius, he always has new idea's involving all kinds of music, riff's, electronics, solo's, shit he even writes some of the drum beats. and in some of the Uproar previews i saw him working on solo's, (the one with the preview at the end, the unknown song) so i know for a fact there will be solo's in Asylum, not all the songs, but i believe at least half of them, he really started his solo work in Indestructible and i doubt he would just go cold turkey and stop, even Dan says, David pushes him to evolve his music.

12Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Thu 10 Jun 2010, 03:19

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
ShockAndAwe wrote:Personally, I want to hear Mike do a drum solo on a record.

i will second that one.

13Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Fri 11 Jun 2010, 03:08

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:

Well I know he still DOES solos. One of the new interviews touched on solos for the new record. Specifically for the song "The Infection." How much he does it, idk! Half of the songs would be great though.

14Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Fri 11 Jun 2010, 03:26

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
jpmatrixfan88 wrote:
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:

Well I know he still DOES solos. One of the new interviews touched on solos for the new record. Specifically for the song "The Infection." How much he does it, idk! Half of the songs would be great though.

Hey what interview was that? I didn't see it, can i have the vid or link please, thank you.

15Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Fri 11 Jun 2010, 04:43

Melloow

Dehumanized
´Dan's solos are really amazing hell yeah i agree with you Disturbedone4life ;) Disturbed Warrior

16Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Fri 11 Jun 2010, 20:27

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
Here's the article about Asylum, and solos and stuff. They talk about "The Infection," and the title track specifically.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

17Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Sun 13 Jun 2010, 21:56

kr0w93

kr0w93
Asylum
Dan is like the next Glenn Tipton. They both manage to fit in that incredible solo that breaks away from the rest of the song; but they manage to keep the melody unlike that Dream Theatre shit that's just "let's see how fast we can press these buttons!". I like DT, Metallica, Slayer, etc. but they can't write solos without taking away the melody(King can't even write a good solo and yet he does them all; Switch places with Jeff goddammit!). Even Priest does it but it's usually KK playing those. Glenn may be a better guitarist than Dan, but Dan's just as good a, if not better, writer!

18Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Mon 14 Jun 2010, 14:00

Lazarus12

Lazarus12
Believer
Come on Bass solo! :P

19Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Mon 14 Jun 2010, 16:44

helm

helm
Disturbed One
The solos in Another way to die are pretty tasty...
reminds me of old school metallica (one)

20Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Wed 16 Jun 2010, 12:37

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
I want to hear the old Vandal day solo's with his modern day melodic touch, and newly found skills he has developed over the years, If you guy's haven't heard heard his solo's back then, here is SOME of his from the Vandal days, and i believe he is the greatest guitar player alive, and i know he will be known as the one of the greatest to ever play, again here is the video, take a listen.

23Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Thu 24 Jun 2010, 01:07

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
I know Danny doesn't like to show off, but i pray to god he will show up these young guns what's up, and in this album just bring back the Vandal, with his new stuff he has learned. I want to hear solo's that are impossible to play and finally have him get the respect he deserves. To me he is the greatest Guitar player, but i want other people to know he deserves to be in the top 10 greatest guitar players ever, i know he holds some of his talent back, cause i tell you what, if he let loose and brought out all his stops....man he would make your ear phones explode, and would make all the other guitarist think "shit...how the hell did he pull that off!"

24Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Thu 24 Jun 2010, 14:38

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
As long as his solos are written as good as i know he can write, ill be happy. I wasn't impressed with the solo in another way to die. I like the sound of it, but it feels too necessary like it had to be there. I mean Torn is one of, if my not my favorite disturbed solo. It doesn't feel forced and has soo much emotion and power put into it. I want more like that. I have a lot of faith in Dan. He is a great guitarist.

25Asylum Solo's Empty Re: Asylum Solo's Thu 29 Jul 2010, 03:19

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
I honestly need to hear some crazy ass shit from Danny on this record, Solo's like sickened, torn, the night, living after midnight (ending one was his) because all these young cats are coming out and all the kids say that shredding is the way to go....i don't believe that but i want Danny to show everything he has, we all know he is holding back some of his true talent, the question is why? We need minute long solo's fast as hell/melodic, with soul. I can hope right? He will always be the greatest guitar player IMO style, talent, technique everything.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com