Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
The Pulse of Radio reports that DISTURBED is getting ready to record its fifth studio album in Chicago, with producer Johnny K. working with the band again after not being involved with 2008's million-selling effort, "Indestructible". Guitarist Dan Donegan told The Pulse of Radio that the group has already done a lot of preparation for the new record. "We're ready to hit the studio next month," he said. "I think at this point we're probably somewhere between 15 to 18 songs, with the exception of David (Draiman, singer) having to finalize, you know, a few more lyrics to some of the songs. But, you know, we're ready to go. You know, we're excited about new songs, and to get in there and kind of lay down these ideas."

The new DISTURBED album is due out by summer 2010.

This is shaping up to be a busy year for the quartet, who are celebrating the 10th anniversary of their debut album, "The Sickness", with a special reissue package featuring exclusive B-side recordings and expanded artwork. Donegan told The Pulse of Radio more about the set. "With the 10-year anniversary we wanted to do something a little special," he said. "I mean, it's the album that kind of put us on the map and launched our career. So we went back into the studio and we remixed it, we're having it remastered, we're gonna put a couple of bonus tracks on there and touch up some of the packaging and the artwork. Just a little collector's item, a little tribute to that album for the fans."

The bonus tracks added to "The Sickness" will likely be songs recorded around the time that the band made that album. The reissue will arrive in March.

DISTURBED will also re-launch its website with a special section, accessible only by a code included with new copies of "The Sickness", that will feature clips of the quartet in the studio recording the new disc.

A "Decade of Disturbed" DVD is also expected to come out later this year as well.

2Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Thu 14 Jan 2010, 15:14

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
Thanks for bringing us this news :)

3Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Thu 14 Jan 2010, 15:48

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Sweet, 15-18 songs. That should mean several b-sides afterwords as well.

4Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Thu 14 Jan 2010, 16:51

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
2010 is really the year for disturbed woohoo im so pleased

5Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Thu 14 Jan 2010, 18:49

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
That is awesome can't wait

6Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Thu 14 Jan 2010, 23:31

FreakOnALeash

FreakOnALeash
Believer
I have a really good feeling about this new album, every album they've released has been a masterpiece but for some reason i'm expecting something that's going to be more intense and mindblowing then anything they've ever done.

7Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Fri 15 Jan 2010, 03:57

TheOneYouForsaken

TheOneYouForsaken
Loading The Weapon
This year belongs to Disturbed they have and still are working hard to bring their fans the best they can, and we all know that their best is always epic. I can not wait for the re-mastered "The Sickness" and I can not wait for the DVD and the new album, I have never been happier to be a Disturbed fan...

Disturbed1

8Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Fri 15 Jan 2010, 04:05

Conker

Conker
The Animal
Yay! so awesome.

9Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Fri 15 Jan 2010, 06:54

deli10

deli10
Believer
Great :D

10Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Fri 15 Jan 2010, 07:16

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
TheOneYouForsaken wrote:This year belongs to Disturbed they have and still are working hard to bring their fans the best they can, and we all know that their best is always epic. I can not wait for the re-mastered "The Sickness" and I can not wait for the DVD and the new album, I have never been happier to be a Disturbed fan...

Disturbed1

Perfectly said

11Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Fri 15 Jan 2010, 09:40

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
This is going to be a great year for disturbed.

12Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Tue 19 Jan 2010, 17:33

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
WE ARE ALL DISTURBED! When the new album comes out I want everyone to blast it across the world. Play it loud my brothers and sisters.

13Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Fri 22 Jan 2010, 20:50

ThePlague

ThePlague
Eye of the Storm
I really hope they'll visit Denmark on they Tour.

14Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Fri 22 Jan 2010, 21:31

LairyFairy

LairyFairy
Asylum
Awesome news :) thanks alot

15Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Sat 30 Jan 2010, 08:02

progamer11092

progamer11092
In a July 2009 interview with FaceCulture, Disturbed's frontman David Draiman talked about the upcoming fifth album: "A couple of the song riffs that Danny has come up with are really amazing. But they're just little pieces...it's not even in two-three part progression ...(yet). Draiman also commented on the direction of the album, "This record is going to be as dark, if not darker, than Indestructible. I want them [other band members] to throw at me...once again, the darkest, most brutal, most poly rhythmic, most driving, most aggressive stuff they can."

In another interview with Mike Wengren and John Moyer, it was stated that, judging by Draiman's feelings on the last few years of his life, that the album will be aggressive, angry, and "hard-hitting", but will be similar musically to their album Believe.

OH YA! ITS GNNA BE FUCKING MIND BLOWING!!!!!!!!

16Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Sat 30 Jan 2010, 14:32

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
Bound2Fate wrote:Sweet, 15-18 songs. That should mean several b-sides afterwords as well.

yah but out of the 18, they will only publish about 12 probably

In another interview with Mike Wengren and John Moyer, it was stated that, judging by Draiman's feelings on the last few years of his life, that the album will be aggressive, angry, and "hard-hitting", but will be similar musically to their album Believe.

that sounds like the perfect combination. cant wait to get a taste of it,.

17Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Sat 30 Jan 2010, 15:17

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
believe huh that was a great album if darkened it could be like Ten Thousand Fists i so cant wait now

18Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Sun 31 Jan 2010, 13:47

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
I dont mean to sound like an idiot, but what is a b-side?
and thanks for posting this news! cant wait for the dvd and new album

19Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Sun 31 Jan 2010, 15:46

Darkking

Darkking
Asylum
babygirlpj2007 wrote:I dont mean to sound like an idiot, but what is a b-side?

there additional tracks/song that have been recorded but were taken out of the final rendering of the CD before the release date but put back in a sometimes called "special edition" set at the last minute. they can do it for a few reasons, one main reason i think is to raise hype at the fact that your favorite band has made songs you didnt know about and YOU'VE JUST GOTTA GET THEM..and you would be surprised how many people wont illegal download them because they would rather support the band or just plain dont know how to..so they buy the songs on iTunes or something...thus making the band more money.

hope this helps love

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW ALBUM..ROCK ON DISTURBED!!!

20Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Sun 31 Jan 2010, 20:32

Post Orgasmic Chill

Post Orgasmic Chill
One of The Ten Thousand
Gotta share the word with all the other Disturbed freaks I know! WOo! Thanks for the awesome news!

21Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Mon 01 Feb 2010, 11:32

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
Johnny K just finished up with sevendust in December, so he's been a busy bee lately Lol

22Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty NEW ALBUM !!!!!!!!!!!! OMG AHHH!!! Mon 01 Feb 2010, 12:22

disturbed fan86

disturbed fan86
Warrior
babygirlpj2007 wrote:I dont mean to sound like an idiot, but what is a b-side?

Hey babygirlpj2007 to answer your question about what is a b-side and also david draiman's offical meaning about the b-sides they are songs that left over from the recording process. because disturbed don't always have time to stop during the touring cycle to make material and they kind of always will. from me :having b-side songs left over is so that when they release an album they will be able to release it on iTunes or on a special edition of the album or a limited edition or a internet release or a soundtrack or whatever else they choose to put the songs on.

23Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Mon 01 Feb 2010, 13:58

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
thanks so much u two for explaining it to me! i apprecite it! :lol:

24Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Mon 01 Feb 2010, 16:05

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
It also makes reference to vinyls and cassettes where there was an a-side and a b-side where you had to physically flip it over.

25Disturbed 5th Album Updates Empty Re: Disturbed 5th Album Updates Fri 05 Feb 2010, 00:22

Denisita

Denisita
omg!!! i can't wait!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com