Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
postcresent.com recently conducted an interview with DISTURBED frontman David Draiman. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the lyrical inspiration for 2008's self-produced "Indestructible" and its projected follow-up effort:

"I wish that my life experiences didn't dictate continuing to delve into such darkness. Success, unfortunately, does not always equate to the best of luck and happiness. I've had a very rocky road prior to writing this record, and I've had a very rocky road this year as well."

List of recent challenges: His relationship with his fiancée, of German and Persian descent, caused a riff with his Jewish Orthodox family, who didn't approve of their impending marriage. She left him late last year; His mother had a minor heart attack last month, and his father is still recovering from major reconstructive back surgery that required a cadaver bone in his spine; At the beginning of the current Music as a Weapon IV tour in March, Draiman lost his dog Lisa, an Akita — "my longtime companion and the love of my life" — to an aggressive form of bone cancer.

"There have been friends who have betrayed me, who owe me hundreds of thousands of dollars. There have been business deals that have gone bad. I've taken my hits from this economy as well.

On why so many listeners have connected to DISTURBED's music:

"All of our music, everything that we gear our career and energy toward, is freeing you from your day-to-day burdens in life, casting away your pain, casting away you're your anguish, your agony, using the music as a cathartic element that helps free you of the things in life which weigh you down and makes you feel more powerful."

On the chance to perform for the troops in Camp Buehring in Kuwait early last year for Operation MySpace:

"To go ahead and play to 10,000 fully armed troops with fully automatic weapons in a mosh pit was something very, very unique that I don't think I'll ever get to see again in my lifetime. If I do, I will bless the day that it comes."

disturbed fan86

disturbed fan86
Warrior
It really sucks that all this fucking shit keeps happening to David Draiman I hope that when he write the lyrics for the new album that he feel much better getting all this off his chest .

zealouso

Warrior
disturbed fan86 wrote:It really sucks that all this fucking shit keeps happening to David Draiman I hope that when he write the lyrics for the new album that he feel much better getting all this off his chest .

you are so right, so thats why David Draiman's lyrics are so cool.

Disturbed;s music strengthens me

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
ouch.......so, the next album will either be death metal, or country.

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
laurieann131313 wrote:ouch.......so, the next album will either be death metal, or country.

god i hope it isnt country Lol although a bit of death metal would be interesting

DisturbedShadow

DisturbedShadow
laurieann131313 wrote:ouch.......so, the next album will either be death metal, or country.

That made me laugh. I saw the actual interview =o But yeah it sucks that all this shit is happening to david, though it's influencing him to make the insane music that he does.

Zerstörer

Zerstörer
Sickened
Things in the universe have a way of balancing themselves out - If someone has great success in one category, it's almost certain that they will have devastating failure in another. David Draiman is a good person and doesn't deserve to be so unlucky... but then again, are concepts of "deserving" and "luck" really at work here, or are they just the human mind's way of justifying extremes which are hard to comprehend?
It's sad that one of the greatest people in history has such misfortune. However, it is the bad things in life which make the good things seem good. And I say this because there is really no concept of "bad" and "good"... Only different circumstances, and the way we percieve them. Bad and good are simplified interpretations of our emotions... nothing more.
David Draiman knows that he has millions of fans that stand behind him as a reinforcement...

LadyCorruption

Warrior
Fuck yeah I stand behind him.! I stand behind all of em'!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com