Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bands use 'music as a weapon Empty Bands use ''music as a weapon Fri 15 May 2009, 00:36

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was a warzone. MAAW4

Shots from the snare rang out in the night as bass and toms pulsed the Izod Center, shaking the ground on which the soldiers stood. Shrill screams of guitar poured from speakers, sending them into a frenzy. The infantrymen dressed in black circled the floor wildly, screaming and flailing in response to their field general's arrival, the man around which all of this chaos revolved.

Disturbed vocalist David Draiman, dressed in gray, descended from the ceiling of the Izod Center on a massive re-creation of Disturbed's metallic emblem, his dual labret piercing shining off the spotlight. After welcoming the crowd, Music as a Weapon IV's headliner opened with an all-too-appropriate piece. "Voices," the first track off of their debut album, 2000's "The Sickness," kicked off last Wednesdays' performance as Draiman's finely tuned vocal chords blasted fans with the power they paid to hear.

Fantastic fretwork by guitarist Dan Donegan and bassist John Moyer highlighted Disturbed staples early in the set. Following "Voices," the foursome stuck to their roots, predominantly playing songs from "The Sickness" as well as their second studio album, "Believe." "Liberate," "Prayer," "Stupify" and "Shout 2000" were fan favorites early but the show reached new heights once the lights dimmed.

A spotlight opened on Donegan plucking away at an acoustic guitar as he and Draiman began a subdued version of "Remember." Lighters and cell phones alike lit up across the arena before Disturbed kicked the song into its usual octane level midway through.

Fans continued to mosh and move as the band progressed into more recent tunes. "Stricken" off their "Ten Thousand Fists" album and "The Night" of 2008's "Indestructible" shined in the second half of their set but the stars aligned for fans once Disturbed left the stage.

After several minutes of encore chants, the hard-rock heroes returned to the stage to perform "Indestructible," their newest album's title track, but as the lights fell, a final performance would certainly leave the crowd satisfied.

As the drums for their original masterpiece, "Down with the Sickness," began to surge through the center, Draiman ascended from the center of the crowd on an illuminated platform, rising several stories in the air as he sang his final piece of the night.

Ending the show as they always do, Draiman led the crowd in a chant. "My brothers, my sisters, my blood. We are! Disturbed!" he exclaimed.

Metalcore titans Killswitch Engage opened for Disturbed and did not disappoint as their mix of deep screams and clean lyrics left the crowd wanting more after a relatively short set. Vocalist Howard Jones orchestrated a "Wall of Death" as the group performed songs from their two most recent albums, "Daylight Dies" and "The End of Heartache." They also played a new song off of their self-titled album to be released June 30.

Preceding KsE was Italy's most successful gothic metal band, Lacuna Coil. The dual vocals of Cristina Scabbia and Andrea Ferro wowed the crowd, preparing them for the bigger acts to come.

Chimaira, a metalcore group from Cleveland, opened Music as a Weapon IV with their brand of heavy vocals and throbbing guitar riffs. The crowd pent up with energy showed the band a good time during their relatively short performance.

A day of standing in cold rain showers as second-stage metal bands played on throughout the April afternoon was well worth the wait as the Izod Center's main stage housed a performance not soon forgotten. Disturbed showed thousands of metal heads what their music can do: inspire, invigorate and most important, induce countless devil horns to immerge from the darkness.

2Bands use 'music as a weapon Empty Re: Bands use 'music as a weapon Fri 15 May 2009, 00:57

TheSickness

TheSickness
Loading The Weapon
Sounds like a good time crow, wish disturbed would put up the other bands songs on the bootlegs also

3Bands use 'music as a weapon Empty Re: Bands use 'music as a weapon Fri 15 May 2009, 01:37

Horns

Horns
Believer
I wish they would have done that when they played in waterloo. But the place wasn't tall enough to do it.

4Bands use 'music as a weapon Empty Re: Bands use 'music as a weapon Sat 14 Nov 2009, 17:11

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
Sounds fucking awesome. Wish I could have gone when they came to Fayetteville.

5Bands use 'music as a weapon Empty Re: Bands use 'music as a weapon Sun 15 Nov 2009, 21:04

LadyDisturbed

Loading The Weapon
sounds sweet

6Bands use 'music as a weapon Empty Re: Bands use 'music as a weapon Mon 16 Nov 2009, 00:56

Post Orgasmic Chill

Post Orgasmic Chill
One of The Ten Thousand
Sounds intense.

7Bands use 'music as a weapon Empty Re: Bands use 'music as a weapon Wed 18 Nov 2009, 12:40

disturbed fan86

disturbed fan86
Warrior
I went to that concert wednesday April 22nd 2009 with my dad also I got a vacation day off from work I bought an indestructible t-shirt with the all the MAAW IV tour dates and a bottle opener with the disturbed smiley face on it and my dad took up to 300 pictures and I have photo album that holds up to 400 pictures also I wasn't drunk or stoned so I remember the whole entire set list for disturbed :
Voices
Liberate
Just Stop
Prayer
Meaning of Life
Land of Confusion
The Night
Remember
Stupify
Meldey(Hell/Shout2000/Criminal/Deify)
The Game
Inside the Fire
Stricken
Ten Thousand Fists
Indestructible
Drum Solo
Down with the Sickness
by the way that was the best night of my fucking life see Chimaria Lacuna Coil Killswitch Engage Disturbed.

8Bands use 'music as a weapon Empty Re: Bands use 'music as a weapon Sun 29 Nov 2009, 16:39

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
You know your a good fucking band when Killswitch Engage is OPENING for you

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com