Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Intoxication

Intoxication
Disturbed One
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NICK MASUDA/ORLANDO SENTINEL / April 12, 2009)

Nu-metal isn’t as new as it once was, but Disturbed isn’t, uh, disturbed by such labels.

On Saturday at Amway Arena, lead singer David Draiman and the band headlined the marathon Music as a Weapon Tour, capping about 8 hours of sweaty, bone-rattling metal with a lean and loud 90-minute set.

See pictures from the show by clicking here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It’s the fourth edition of the trek Draiman concocted because "we were sick and tired of the dominance of the other genres of music in this world," he told the crowd.

If the audience inside the arena had necessitated the opening of the upper bowl, that message would have been more powerful. Still, the fans that did come out were passionate, an emotion absolutely repaid by the band.

Draiman descended to the stage strapped to a giant silver medallion adorned with pentagrams for the opening "Voices." It set the pace for a set that rarely stopped to take a breath, as the band sparked massive sing-alongs on anthems such as "Just Stop," "Prayer" and "Get Psycho."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(NICK MASUDA/ORLANDO SENTINEL / April 12, 2009)

Draiman, a muscular, though surprisingly diminutive physical presence on stage, carries off the "psycho" notion with ease. His voice, whether speaking or singing, is a menacing force: "Brothers and sisters, my blood!" he exclaimed in the early going. "Speak to me!"

His snippet of "It’s a Small World" was short, but spooky.

Speaking of covers, the band offered its take on Genesis’ "Land of Confusion," adding a corrosive edge that improved on the original.

The crowd embraced the new Indestructible, represented by the Grammy nominated "Inside the Fire" and the title track. Still, it was older songs such as "Stupify" and the closing "Down With the Sickness" that generated the most electricity.

"In troubled times, I still see plenty of faces in this audience," Draiman said. "I still say that no other genre helps you through hard times in life like hard rock and heavy metal."

Confronted by the aggressive intensity of Disturbed, it’s hard to argue.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
Nice NICE NICE!

sharknamedpeppy

sharknamedpeppy
Disturbed One
Get Psycho? LOL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum hosting | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com