Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AstroShark

AstroShark
Believer
lII thought Disturbed sounded awesome live when i saw them live but i gotta say...i was really hoping they would of done a real tour for Asylum here in the US like they did for there previous albums... Disturbed did'nt seem to play any longer then an hour and the only songs they did off Asylum were there singles and the only touring they seemd to of done here was big shows like Mayhem and Uproar wich is fine but im just saying it would of been nice to have a 90 minute plus Disturbed set ..i wasnt expecting the entire cd to get played live but at least 5 or 6 songs..They could of at least done that for MMAW5(imo) but chose to let Korn headline THERE tour.

im hoping when they decide to regroup instead of going to the studio right away that they do a tour for us true Disturbed fans that cover every album pretty well (i know wishful thinking.)

I do also want to say that i do love Disturbed and im not trying to diss them because every show i have seen with them(ive been to 21 of them) have been awesome! I just wanted to get that off my chest...if i wasnt a Disturbed 1 i wouldnt even care.
Thank you for your time :D

D14L!!

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
I hear you. My sentiments exactly. I feel management mishandled the whole thing by being too festival-happy.

Festivals are nice, but they're demanding. David's voice would've held up better if they could've lengthened the breaks by a few weeks

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
First off, I gotta say, you've seen Disturbed live 21 times? That's impressive. Yeah I saw Disturbed on Uproar and on Mayhem the last two years and I wish their set was longer. Just the amount of talent in a festival is so large that they are only allotted so much time. They also need to cover bases in Europe as well.

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
i would say that is fair i wish disturbed would play some new tracks also have to agree about the management over working the band they tour for so long last time without hardly any breaks so they was too tired to the point where they needed to take a very long vacation hope they return soon thow

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
I'd say the biggest problem was the production-value. The wall of screens was an amazing idea and the reintroduction of pyro was incredible.

The big problem was lugging it all around; for a band of Disturbed's level, all that fuel and man-power must have really driven up costs, which is what prevented them from playing Russia and Western Europe. Don't get me wrong, the band is a major-seller, but I just don't think they're big enough yet to justify production of that scale. So I think playing big festivals (meaning big venues, big ticket-sales and big sponsors) was the only way they could off-set their enormous production-budget. I kind of doubt they made much profit out of it.

My guess is that Jeff Battaglia wanted to strike while the iron was at its hottest. Frankly, Disturbed has been really going up in the world in the last few years (4 #1 albums, Grammy Nom, several radio records set) so I'm guessing he expected to get this investment back in album-sales; since Asylum merely went Gold, this failed (while it was the band's idea, the label might have green-lit The Lost Children to make up for the unexpectedly low sales of Asylum). In a way it backfired by tiring out the band much faster than usual; playing 100 shows in less than three quarters of a year is terrible (this rate of shows played was at least a week-to-a-month faster-ratio than the Indestructible run; by comparison Metallica plays the same amount in roughly the space of a year).

I'm hoping the stress caused to the band by this last tour has at least left a significant mark on the music-buying populace. My hope is that the merch/album sales of the next record cycle will allow them to tour more comfortably, with longer breaks and more cities covered. A Grammy or two wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited by WickedKnightAlbel on Thu 23 Feb 2012, 00:27; edited 1 time in total

AstroShark

AstroShark
Believer
Theese are all very great posts!!!
Im greatful i gotta see Disturbed live 21 times...i just felt slightly jipped but i understand the thinking behind it...like i said earlier im hoping in 2013 Disturbed will wanna get back at it again but instead of doing a new album right away it would be awesome if they did there own tour for a few months.

If i sounded like a broken record im sorry lol
D14L!

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
no i think your right you know what i would like to see them going back to basics when disturbed first got together they had this enormous energy which has now dwindled to the point where they are tired and old from all the touring i think if they were to start again they should start again at the beginning go to the old spots that made them who they were meet some of the old fans i quote "One Day We Will Rise Like A Phoenix From The Ashes" David recently said where better place then from the start again because you don't know where your going until you know where you been.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com