Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169432

ADRENALINE MOB — the band featuring drummer Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD), SYMPHONY X frontman Russell Allen and guitar virtuoso Mike Orlando (SONIC STOMP) — has announced the addition of DISTURBED bassist John Moyer to the group's ranks.

Moyer will make his live debut with ADRENALINE MOB on March 12 at Hiro Ballroom in New York City.

Said Moyer in a statement: "Mike Portnoy called me about auditioning for his new band ADRENALINE MOB. He had heard through the grapevine that I was looking to stay busy while DISTURBED is on hiatus. After jamming with Russ, Mike Orlando, and Portnoy, the chemistry as musicians was undeniable. I am super stoked about joining 'The Family' and I can't wait to hit the road with these guys and see what kind of musical mayhem we can create!"

ADRENALINE MOB's debut album, "Omertá", will be released in Europe on March 19 in Europe via Century Media Records. The CD will be made available in the U.S> on March 13 through the newly formed Elm City Music in conjunction with EMI Label Services.

The 11-song effort — which was produced by ADRENALINE MOB and mixed by Jay Ruston, who has previously worked on ANTHRAX's "Worship Music" and STEEL PANTHER's "Balls Out" — includes a blistering reinterpretation of DURAN DURAN's classic "Come Undone" featuring guest vocals by Lzzy Hale of HALESTORM.

"Omertá" track listing:

01. Undaunted
02. Psychosane
03. Indifferent
04. All On The Line
05. Hit The Wall
06. Feelin' Me
07. Come Undone (feat. Lzzy Hale)
08. Believe Me
09. Down To The Floor
10. Angel Sky
11. Freight Train

Audio samples of the songs "Indifferent" and "All On The Line" can be found on the ADRENALINE MOB Facebook page.

The "Undaunted" video can be seen below.

ADRENALINE MOB will perform at several European festivals this summer, including Graspop Metal Meeting (June 22-24 in Dessel, Belgium) and Gods Of Metal (June 21-24 in Milan, Italy).

ADRENALINE MOB's first-ever headline tour made stops in various markets, including Chicago, Denver and San Francisco. ADRENALINE MOB also opened for GODSMACK on select dates of the Massachusetts act's headlining tour.

ADRENALINE MOB formed in early 2011 when Orlando approached Allen with some material the guitarist had written. Allen and Orlando refined those ideas, at which time Allen reached out to longtime friend Portnoy to see if he had any interest in playing with them. Portnoy jumped on board and soon thereafter DiLeo and Ward were recruited to join the family. From the very first note, the chemistry was apparent and the beast that is known as ADRENALINE MOB was born.

Guitarist Rich Ward (STUCK MOJO, FOZZY) and bassist Paul DiLeo (FOZZY) announced their departures from ADRENALINE MOB last month due to scheduling conflicts with their other projects.

DISTURBED Bassist Joins ADRENALINE MOB 1z6sfoo

Last edited by WickedKnightAlbel on Wed 08 Feb 2012, 18:40; edited 1 time in total

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
WOW!! i saw this band before moyer and they are good but, still unpolished now with moyer they will be good.

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
The first song I heard from them was Psychosane. It was okay. I heard more songs (including Believe Me, Hit the Wall, Down to the Floor and The Mob Rules cover) but they weren't too memorable. Let's hope John's input cleans up the sound a bit

Here's something to note: John hasn't recorded any bass tracks for the album coming out next month, so any bass-lines you hear on there aren't his.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
That's great! I'm excited for John. This is a great opportunity for him to branch out and do something musically that isn't involved in the Disturbed machine. Good luck to John and the other guys in Adrenaline Mob

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
This is interesting. I've only heard Adrenaline Mob's EP once or twice and didn't really care for it. The songs were too samey, but that's just an EP they put out fairly quick. I will have to wait for the album to make a better judgement. The rest of the band members are amazing in their respective progressive metal projects, so it'll be interesting to see how they do a more conventional metal record.

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
Break a leg Moyer!Hiatus time will fly by ever so slowly so have fun John...one thing though...it's looks so odd to me seeing John with another band...is it just me or what?

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Ive never heard of these guys. Listened to "Undaunted" and I really like it. Its got kind of a Pantera sound to it, and I think Moyer brings Disturbed staccato riffs to the band and it sounds great. Portnoy is always impressive.

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
Dawn_Cato wrote:Break a leg Moyer!Hiatus time will fly by ever so slowly so have fun John...one thing though...it's looks so odd to me seeing John with another band...is it just me or what?
Um... yeah, you have a point Dawn. I also think seeing John with another band looks kinda odd to me. He blended so well with the other guys in Disturbed that to see him with a new group does make it look different, lol. At least in my opinion. But I guess we must get used to it while Disturbed is on hiatus.

I send good luck to John. Hope he has fun with Adrenaline Mob!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Animal-of-The-Night wrote:
Dawn_Cato wrote:Break a leg Moyer!Hiatus time will fly by ever so slowly so have fun John...one thing though...it's looks so odd to me seeing John with another band...is it just me or what?
Um... yeah, you have a point Dawn. I also think seeing John with another band looks kinda odd to me. He blended so well with the other guys in Disturbed that to see him with a new group does make it look different, lol. At least in my opinion. But I guess we must get used to it while Disturbed is on hiatus.

I send good luck to John. Hope he has fun with Adrenaline Mob!

It was a little strange for me too. He just doesn't look like he fits in. He's certainly the younger guy in the band.

What really bugs me about it is that the other guys are all grouped together and John was just off to the side. They're all big, kinda biker looking guys and John's this skinny little thing off to the side. It was kinda off putting, you know?

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:It was a little strange for me too. He just doesn't look like he fits in. He's certainly the younger guy in the band.
I think it's the beard. The rest of the band are only a few years older (Portnoy's 44, Allen's 40, Orlando is unknown).

Maybe John should grow out his mutton chops a bit more and maybe grab that old cowboy hat he used to wear all the time in the Union Underground. That might make him look tougher.

I wonder if John will be using his trusty Havoc bass? The Adrenaline Mob's sound might require something different.

2012_Is_Coming

2012_Is_Coming
So this leaves one great question--Is John Moyer truely leaving Disturbed or will he stay with Disturbed in this Hiatus? When i heard this, i think to myself and said: will he leave Disturbed or stay in Adrenaline Mob during the so called Hiatus, Adrenaline Mob should have Jason Newsted join the group not johnny, but yes some of you guys on here will say: He needs to do something, but it's my opinion not yours, yeah some people want to expand their carrers or really quit, haaaaa! i hate when things like this comes up, watch next it might be Mike joinning another group or even Dan going solo? but David good to where he is at.

DISTURBED Bassist Joins ADRENALINE MOB 766161

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
Corey Taylor and Jim Root seems to strike a pretty good balance between Stone Sour and Slipknot. It helps that half of Slipknot is involved in some way with another project.

Actually, that path might be the best thing for Disturbed to do at this point. If each of them has something to do over this hiatus, it might give them a better sense of self. The problem with touring and recording together non-stop for so long is that it's made their delivery almost too clean. They lose out on that sense of chaos and mystery that sparks creativity when they understand each other as well as they do.

Basically, a bit of outside influence might be the best oil for the Disturbed machine.

----
MIKE PORTNOY Talks ADRENALINE MOB, On recruiting DISTURBED bassist John Moyer.

It's funny that Mike Portnoy wanted to harness that Pantera/Godsmack/FFDP/Black Label Society/Rob Zombie sound after playing the 2010 Uproar tour with A7X, Disturbed and Hellyeah; he wanted to try his hand at groovy/melodic, modern metal. Makes me think they'll probably end up playing Uproar at some point.

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
This also shows that John doesnt want to stop touring. He's still got the fire.

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
He better not forget Disturbed...

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I don't see John leaving Disturbed for good. He meshes with the other guys too well. Adrenaline Mob is just borrowing him until Disturbed finally comes out of hiatus and slaps us in the face with a new, even heavier record than Asylum was.

John may not have lost the fire and may still have the bug that makes him want to tour and play to live crowds. I say more power to him. I want him to do what brings him joy.

David has expressed desire to maybe do a few duets while they're on this break- he's said that all the other artists have to do is ask. Dan said that he's just want to play with some of his guitarist friends and bounce things off of them and just get better in general and- personally- I think Mikey is just relaxing and keeping his head down for a little bit. If and when he plans something, I'm sure we'll find out somehow.

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
i think you are right, i believe that when they do comeback the record will be really heavy or maybe a different disturbed sounding record than ever before. The Hiatus is just a way for them to re-charge the batteries and have new creative ideas. I am drooling over the next Disturbed record.

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:

David has expressed desire to maybe do a few duets while they're on this break- he's said that all the other artists have to do is ask.

David has already said he'd love to do a duet with Lzzy Hale from Halestorm. Personally, I really want Apocalyptica to call David and ask him to do vocals for them in a song or two.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
ShockAndAwe wrote:
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:

David has expressed desire to maybe do a few duets while they're on this break- he's said that all the other artists have to do is ask.

David has already said he'd love to do a duet with Lzzy Hale from Halestorm. Personally, I really want Apocalyptica to call David and ask him to do vocals for them in a song or two.

He has... and he and Cristina Scabbia might be talking about recording together as well. I read something where a fan tweeted the both of them and Cristina said she'd love to. David said he was in. That would be interesting to hear as well.

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
It would be interesting to hear David do something with Cristina Scabbia. She has a great voice, even though I don't really care for Lacuna Coil. Actually, I'm interested in hearing David doing guest vocals for other bands. I don't think he's ever done that on a studio album other than on Forsaken.

I wouldn't worry about John leaving Disturbed. The rest of the guys of Adrenaline Mob will be busy with their other bands. Portnoy is starting another progressive metal project with Neal and Steve Morse called Flying Colors and Russell Allen is also with Symphony X. The other guys are probably involved in other projects. I don't know if they're just using John for touring or if he is an actual member of the band. The Mob have an album coming soon, but John didn't write any of the bass.

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
im ganna be buyin their album Omerta i think

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
Looks like this gig is turning out pretty good for him. He appeared in a commercial for the 2012 Revolver Golden God Awards along with Zakk Wylde, Vinnie Paul and Alice Cooper.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
That is too much! I love Alice Cooper!

And the looks John and Mike Portnoy were giving Jericho were PRICELESS!

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
It's funny that John in that alone has had more to do with Golden Gods than anyone else in Disturbed has had for years since Dan was nominated for Best Shredder. Those people at Revolver don't seem to care about Disturbed that much.

Anyway, Here's a John interview. He says he hopes to "Repeat' DISTURBED's Success With ADRENALINE MOB."

EDIT:

Here's another interview. He says "I'm a Rock and Metal Guy Forever." There's also a video interview by Artisan:

EDIT 2:
Another video interview:

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized

I wonder if there'll be any more of these commercials?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com