Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I was browsing David's twitter page and stumbled across a tweet that said that there may not be a video for 'Warrior'

agguzx
@DAVIDMDRAIMAN- hey david I'm a big fan of disturbed and wanted to know when were to release the music video for warrior. greetings.

DAVIDMDRAIMAN
@agguzx- THERE MAY NOT BE A VIDEO FOR WARRIOR

DisturbedVikki
@DAVIDMDRAIMAN- What's going on with the video for 'Warrior'? Post- production problems?

I'm waiting on a response. I'll let you know when and if I get one.

Trouble

Trouble
I saw that, that sucks. I was looking forward to see this video. Too bad!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I know, me too. I was really looking forward. I'm disappointed.

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Damn That sucks

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
You're DisturbedVikki, right? Well look at his response:

NO, VID DIDN'T COME OUT THE WAY WE WANTED IT TO, SO WE'RE NOT GOING TO PUT IT OUT.

Last edited by WickedKnightAlbel on Thu 05 May 2011, 18:36; edited 1 time in total

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
What? Didn't they finish filming though?

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I have a response from David.

DAVIDMDRAIMAN
@DisturbedVikki- NO, VID DIDN'T TURN OUT THE WAY WE WANTED IT TO, SO WE'RE NOT GOING TO PUT IT OUT.

My response:
DisturbedVikki
@DAVIDMDRAIMAN- Don't blame you. Are there plans to re- shoot it?

DAVIDMDRAIMAN
@DisturbedVikki- NOPE, NO MONEY

DisturbedVikki
@DAVIDMDRAIMAN- Ain't that a bitch?! I know there's nothing you can do about it but it still sucks!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
WickedKnightAlbel wrote:You're DisturbedVikki, right? Well look at his response:

NO, VID DIDN'T COME OUT THE WAY WE WANTED IT TO, SO WE'RE NOT GOING TO PUT IT OUT.

Yep, I'm DisturbedVikki. I had just gotten hiss response when you posted.

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
I honestly do respect their creative pickiness, but honestly... They release videos like The Animal and then refuse to release this one because it didn't come out right? I'm sorry if I find that ridiculous. I honestly haven't been "truly" impressed by a Disturbed music video or its message since Prayer & Remember...

But if they put this out, I'm sure I'd lap it up. Again, I loved The Animal, despite thinking that was subpar in comparison to other videos... It's Disturbed; I love anything they do (pretty much). I am of the opinion that, unless there's something terribly wrong with the video, they should just release it to us; don't waste all that god-damned money because you're not completely satisfied.

Sorry, I was just really looking forward to this video... I am upset now.

too_disturbed

too_disturbed
Believer
Aww.. that kinda sucks..

But I'm not too bothered, I can imagine the video being too similar to Indestructible's

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
fuck me that sucks

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Was looking forward to this video but creatively they didn't feel it was up to there standards. I respect there decision even tho i don't like it.

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
CrowX wrote:Was looking forward to this video but creatively they didn't feel it was up to there standards. I respect there decision even tho i don't like it.

i think they made the right decision if they're not happy with it

much better than putting the video out there with half a heart, so to speak

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
As much as that sucks, if the band isn't happy with it, then they shouldn't release it. I wonder what was so wrong with it that they made that decision. There's one director that isn't going to be asked to do another Disturbed video...

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
^ I know that's right!

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
exactly

of course, we're all sorry :( they are too :(

but like GuiltyPleasures said, if they're not happy with it, then they shouldn't release it

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
^ I second that! We can all be upset, but they're upset about it too. David even said as much to me. He said he's not happy about it either.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Tbh, I'd hate think what the vid would look like if they alowed it to come out. I mean, I didn't really like The Animal, Asylum , and AWTD music videos but now that's made me think: what did that video look like? O.O
As much as I'm upset about it, it's their decision. Besides, there will be plenty more videos, plenty more albums. They already gave us 3 vids, and they did make an effort to make a 4th one, albeit it didn't come out the way they wanted it to.
And now I will express my feelings right now in one word:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
David has said that Asylum was never an official single, even though different radio stations may play it. So, technically, Warrior is the third single.

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:David has said that Asylum was never an
official single, even though different radio stations may play it. So,
technically, Warrior is the third single.

He's being too technical, though. For all intents and purposes, Asylum is a single. I bet he also doesn't consider Guarded a single, but that is too. Honestly, Asylum was released to radio. It charted. It was sold on iTunes as a single. And then it got its own music video (something Disturbed's previous two promo singles - Guarded and Perfect Insanity - failed to do). As far as I'm concerned, that shit's a single... Even if only a promo one.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
disturbedsikkness wrote:
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:David has said that Asylum was never an

He's being too technical, though. For all intents and purposes, Asylum is a single. I bet he also doesn't consider Guarded a single, but that is too. Honestly, Asylum was released to radio. It charted. It was sold on iTunes as a single. And then it got its own music video (something Disturbed's previous two promo singles - Guarded and Perfect Insanity - failed to do). As far as I'm concerned, that shit's a single... Even if only a promo one.

Dude, I understand where you're coming from. But, they only make money on the official stuff. They only get paid for the official releases. If they don't officially release it, then they don't bring in the bread. He kinda has to be technical because if affects his bank account.

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:
disturbedsikkness wrote:
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:David
has said that Asylum was never an

He's
being too technical, though. For all intents and purposes, Asylum is a
single. I bet he also doesn't consider Guarded a single, but that is
too. Honestly, Asylum was released to radio. It charted. It was sold
on iTunes as a single. And then it got its own music video (something
Disturbed's previous two promo singles - Guarded and Perfect Insanity -
failed to do). As far as I'm concerned, that shit's a single... Even if
only a promo one.

Dude, I understand where you're coming
from. But, they only make money on the official stuff. They only get
paid for the official releases. If they don't officially release it,
then they don't bring in the bread. He kinda has to be technical
because if affects his bank account.

But from a fan's perspective (and we ARE fans, right?), David's bank account doesn't matter. Besides, how many times has he encouraged people to steal his music just so they can hear it? I've even seen him do it on Twitter when people have said they can't afford something. Bank account is not a reason for him to be technical, evidently. Just IMO.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
disturbedsikkness wrote:But from a fan's perspective (and we ARE fans, right?), David's bank account doesn't matter. Besides, how many times has he encouraged people to steal his music just so they can hear it? I've even seen him do it on Twitter when people have said they can't afford something. Bank account is not a reason for him to be technical, evidently. Just IMO.

I know what you're saying, and I've seen him do it too. I'm just saying that he has to think about that every now and then.

Unfortunately, this conversation has gotten off topic. The bottom line is that they don't have the money to reshoot Warrior. They're as upset as we are because they don't want to give us a product that they're unhappy with. It sucks that Warrior isn't going to be released as a video, but there's nothing they can do about it and neither can we.

Willistor

Willistor
Stupified
they should un-officially release it to us so we can still see it, then maybe do a fan vote on it to see if they should release it as an official video. If not, just bonus content for us then.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
That's something you can run past David on Twitter. I'm sure the guys are always open to suggestions.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com