Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Fri 04 Feb 2011, 03:59

codycameron09

codycameron09
Disturbed One
OK, is anybody tired of Disturbed's setlist?

They have played practically the same songs for the last four tours they've been on and frankly, I find it very dumb of them to do when the have a new album out! For the last few years, they've been doing a "Greatest Hits" list. Why? Because all they've been doing lately is playing at festivals (Mayhem, Uproar Taste of Chaos, etc.) and when they are meant to do a full show with more songs, they give into KORN and do yet another "greatest hits" list of the songs they played during the festivals. WTF?!

They have a new album and a many great songs that I know people would love to hear live. Frankly, I'm tired of their setlist and think they should add some new songs! Instead of playing The Game and Stupify for the thousandth time, how about playing Serpentine or Never Again? Or even play some stuff like The Night or Sons of Plunder? Lately they've been touring a lot lately and it's the same thing EVERY tour and EVERY show. I love Disturbed to death and they'll always be among my top 5 bands, but they need to realize that if they keep doing the same thing over and over, eventually the fans will get sick of it. Am I right?

Do you agree with me?

2Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Fri 04 Feb 2011, 06:06

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
frankly i don't

i wish i could see disturbed live...and even if they sang the same songs, 10 concerts in a row, i wouldn't mind

as long as they sing, i'm happy

but to each his own

3Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Fri 04 Feb 2011, 07:27

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
never seen disturbed, but i agree with the above post. as long as they perfrom, then i'm happy :)

4Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Fri 04 Feb 2011, 12:06

Nakho

Nakho
Loading The Weapon
i never see Disturbed live, but i agree.
when you play in a country for the first time a greatest hits set list is the right thing to do.
but when the band tour in the US i think that they need to include at least 6 songs of the new album they have at the moment.
or other songs that usually they dont play, because the real fans keep going to see them and they want to hear all the songs...
also i think that they play a short time...some bands play for more than 2 hours, i think disturbed never do that...

thats what I think...

5Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Fri 04 Feb 2011, 13:34

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
they do play 2 hours or more when they're not sharing the headline with anybody

but when they are, it's the right thing to do, half and half

6Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Fri 04 Feb 2011, 15:42

codycameron09

codycameron09
Disturbed One
That's the thing, they haven't gone on tour by themselves for a long time now. And when they are about to go on MAAW5, they decide to share headlining privileges to KORN, making them keep their current setlist.

So basically, since they have toured across America three times in the last year this coming summer, they should definitely change their setlist.

7Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Fri 04 Feb 2011, 18:15

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
I don't agree that "eventually the fans will get sick of it". The 11 million albums they've sold world-wide not to mention the millions more that have downloaded their work, maybe a fraction of them will see a Disturbed show in their life. Amongst those less than a fraction will ever see them multiple times. It's just the sting of being a devoted Disturbed1; in today's economy they can't afford to not leave a lasting impression with new people.

My first Iron Maiden show was this recent tour where they only played new songs. I was disappointed not to hear the old hits, but they still put on a good show.

8Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Sat 05 Feb 2011, 01:25

too_disturbed

too_disturbed
Believer
I agree and disagree with you OP.

I disgree with you on the whole, fans will get sick of it thing.

I go to a concert for the energy, check out new bands, meet new people, have a good time, etc. What songs that are played do make an impact, but not to a point where I'd get tired of them.

I agree with you in the sense I think they could've had a better setlist.
Like, I love all Disturbed songs, but playing "The Game" but not "Remember?" What's up with that?

Although to be fair, if not for Korn they would've had a longer show, but I enjoyed Korn, so I'm ok with it.

But yes OP, I'd love for Disturbed to do a tour in which they have a 2-3 hour set and play other non-single songs from all albums.

my two cents :P

Asylum Guy Asylum Guy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Sat 05 Feb 2011, 02:10

MMEggman

MMEggman
Loading The Weapon
When I saw Disturbed in 2008, they had a longer set time and could play lots of Indestructible material. They also changed slightly between the cities (In Australia).
I'm seeing them this year and by the looks of it there's the same amount of support bands who aren't co-headline and the start time is early (With a bigger venue too)... So basically Australia will hear more Asylum material live before the US do.

I thought you'd wanna know that and well i'm also kinda bragging :) I love living here.

10Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Sat 05 Feb 2011, 05:35

codycameron09

codycameron09
Disturbed One
WickedKnightAlbel wrote:I don't agree that "eventually the fans will get sick of it". The 11 million albums they've sold world-wide not to mention the millions more that have downloaded their work, maybe a fraction of them will see a Disturbed show in their life. Amongst those less than a fraction will ever see them multiple times. It's just the sting of being a devoted Disturbed1; in today's economy they can't afford to not leave a lasting impression with new people.

My first Iron Maiden show was this recent tour where they only played new songs. I was disappointed not to hear the old hits, but they still put on a good show.

1. I'm soo jealous you've seen Iron Maiden!!!

2. But unlike Iron Maiden, Disturbed has a knack for playing the same songs several times throughout the many tours they do. This is why I LOVE checking up on the Metallica setlists; on their Death Magnetic tour, not one of their setlists was the same for they would change it around every city and yet still play a variety of classics and new material that fans have not heard yet. That's what a good band should do (in my opinion).

Iron Maiden has a history similar to bands like AC/DC; they pick a setlist for a tour and go though those songs until that tour is done. Then when a new tour comes up, they will do an entirely new setlist mixed with songs they didn't play on the last tour.

Disturbed, however... has been stuck with the same setlist for nearly the last four tours! If they keep this up, they might become like KISS (who has played the same exact set and stage show for the last 30 years!) But whatever, I'm still seeing them and Megadeth when they come to Sacramento! I like Korn, but I'm not really in the mood to see them knowing they are taking part of Disturbed's show.

As for the upcoming Mayhem tour, I'm fine with whatever they play. However, I do feel that they should put two more new songs in from Asylum like "Never Again" and "Serpentine". Keep songs like "Prayer", "Stricken", Inside the Fire" and "Indestructible" and they NEED to always play "Down w/ the Sickness" (That's a given!).

11Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Sat 05 Feb 2011, 10:19

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
The thing is is that Iron Maiden, Metallica and AC/DC are at such a massive level that they'll never have to play a 10-song set for the rest of their careers, so they can afford to make those changes (with so many hits under their belt, they can do no wrong in song selection). And with their album sales, merchandise and crazy fanbases, they don't have to worry about making any lasting impressions either.

Since they played non-singles like Divide, Deify and Criminal this last tour, they'll probably be going that path in 2 or 3 more albums when they have more hits than they could ever play (when a band gets that big, no tour short of Download Fest will do).

BTW, I love No More Lies and Dance of Death, so the Maiden show was plenty excellent.

12Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Sun 06 Feb 2011, 06:22

codycameron09

codycameron09
Disturbed One
Disturbed is at the top of their game right now with four #1 albums in the row. They are among the highest ranked hard rock bands right now... what else do they need to prove? They're headlining Mayhem over Megadeth (that's pretty damn good if you ask me). So, if they want to play a two our set, I saw let them.

Or... it could be because Rockstar has Disturbed by the balls and won't let them... has anybody thought of that? :/

13Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Mon 07 Feb 2011, 22:37

Haunted1

Haunted1
I've been to Uproar last August and MAAW last month. I'm hoping to get to Mayhem in July. The MAAW setlist was almost the same as the one at Uproar. The only difference was Uproar had Voices, Land of Confusion, and the Numb/Fear/Meaning of Life medley. MAAW didn't have any of those, but they did play The Animal. I just thought MAAW should have had more since it was their tour. I'm ready to hear some other songs from any album. Maybe the full version of Meaning of Life, Want, Remember, The Night, Haunted, Criminal, Crucified, and Serpentine. They just need to mix it up a bit and keep it fresh. They have plenty of material. I can't believe they don't get sick of the same songs as well.

14Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Wed 09 Feb 2011, 11:01

QuickenMyEnd

QuickenMyEnd
I also saw Uproar (twice) and MAAW (twice) and plan to see Mayhem. I'm kinda hoping they change things up for Mayhem, but I know they won't. It's ok, I will still them. Again, and again, and again...

But I understand where you're coming from. I would love to see lots of other stuff, but they only play an hour, and they have such an amazing catalog of music to choose from, they kinda gotta pick a lot of the hits that people are going to want to see.

15Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Empty Re: Disturbed Setlist: WTF??? Thu 10 Feb 2011, 02:22

codycameron09

codycameron09
Disturbed One
True. And I'll always want to see them whenever they come to town. But I still think they need to change it up every once and a while.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com