Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Empty The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Sun 02 Jan 2011, 17:22

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I've started a new story with many of the same characters of my previous story "The War at Home", only this takes place about fifteen years after the end of War @ Home, with the three main characters of Julia, Nik and Jeremiah all in their mid- to late thirties with kids of their own.

There are currently ten completed chapters (a prologue and nine chapters), so if you want to go take a gander at this part of the series, check it out here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Of course, comments are welcome here or there, as I am not going to post whole chapters here in the forum. However, I'll give you a little taste:

===

The group of miliary officers met in a secret room in the White House, discussing their latest dilemma; how to eliminate those who had served with the New Army who were still stirring up trouble more than fifteen years after the Occupation ended.

"Prisons won't hold these clowns, because they just escape; Police are useless because these New Army holdouts are better armed than your average beat cop; We must do something before they get any crazy ideas about another Occupation!" said the General in Charge of all Military Operations.

"We definitely need some firepower against the holdouts," a Navy Commander said; "but who in our ranks has that kind of firepower?"

"No one in our ranks do," the General said. "The only people who might have a chance at stopping them are civilians, and one of them is former military. But all have the skills, the weapons, the knowledge of how the New Army did things."

"And did them badly, I might add," an Air Force Captain said.

"You're not thinking of recalling Nikolai San Marco to active duty, are you, General?" asked the Commander.

"I am," the General said; "but when he gave up his commission, he made it clear that he would not entertain a return to active duty."

"If we perhaps had someone at CIA who could contact him, explain our dilemma, do you think he'd consider it?" asked the Commander.

"I've been thinking of going that route," the General said; "but fighting the New Army is something he did as a teen and young adult. Once the Occupation was over, he finished college, joined the Army for a decade, raised a family. How he'd react is anyone's guess. I'm just afraid he'd turn us down."

"What if," the Commander said, "we sweeten the deal and contact Julia Summers and Jeremiah Donovan?"

"Not unless we have no choice," the General said; "Donovan is a highly respected journalist and wouldn't want to take time away from that to go chasing troublemakers around; Summers lost her husband three years ago and is working for the Government in another capacity. Both of them have families to think of. And Summers is a single parent now."

"Let's bounce this off CIA and see if they think it's a good idea," the Air Force Captain said; "No use in asking three former Resistance assassins to strap on their guns again if the CIA doesn't think it's a viable plan."

Everyone in the room agreed and shortly thereafter, the meeting adjourned.

2The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Empty Re: The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Sun 02 Jan 2011, 18:47

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I'm a huge fan of your current story just like that last one and I can't wait for more!

3The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Empty Re: The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Mon 03 Jan 2011, 01:47

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Chapter 10 is now posted on "The Triad" . Catch up with the story then give this a read. Comments welcome on the blog or here.

Thank you for your support!

4The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Empty Re: The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Wed 05 Jan 2011, 12:43

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
New chapter posted at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (aka "The Triad")...

Give it a read and let me know what you think... comments welcome here or on the blog.

Thanks for your support :)

5The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Empty Re: The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Fri 07 Jan 2011, 13:10

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
New chapter(s) have been posted. I'd really appreciate the feedback. Comments welcome here or on the blog.

6The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Empty Re: The Triad: Disturbed Fan Fiction Tue 01 Feb 2011, 22:54

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
There are 21 chapters to this installment plus a prologue now; I posted chapter 21 a couple nights back.

If you want to take a read of what's been posted so far, here's the address:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Comments are always welcome, either here or on the blog itself. I'd love to hear what you think of the story.

As always, thank you for your support.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com