Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We pretty much just live music… it’s not a hobby, it’s not even a job… it’s a lifestyle; we live it, we breathe it, we eat it, we sleep it.” – Mike Wengren, Disturbed

Earlier this week Disturbed released their fifth studio album Asylum. I caught up with the American metal band while they were in Toronto last week to play a headlining slot at Uproar Festival. Backstage at Uproar, I spoke with drummer Dan Donegan and guitarist Mike Wengren about the new album.

Mike and Dan spoke openly about some of the heavier themes of Asylum. I asked them if they ‘practice what they preach’ when they sing songs about global warming and mass consumption (“Another Way To Die”), and I also asked why they chose to make a song about the holocaust (“Never Again”). The band talked in-depth about their life as a band of over 10 years, with Mike and Dan expressing their ever-burning hunger and passion for creating and playing music. I later quizzed the band more about the apoca…apocalyp…apocaylpti…end-of-world subject again, and whether they buy into the 2012 theories.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com