Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1where did it debut? Empty where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 01:17

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
anyone know?.....i hope it was #1......that would be sick. The Guy

2where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 04:33

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Disturbed reference in Red)

Katy Perry Doubles Up No. 1s on Billboard 200, Digital Songs Charts

Katy Perry does double duty at No. 1 this week on both the Billboard 200 albums chart and the Digital Songs tally thanks to the arrival of her "Teenage Dream" album.

Her second Capitol effort starts atop the Billboard 200 with 192,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan -- marking her best sales week and a new chart high. She's the first solo woman to reign at No. 1 since January, when Ke$ha's "Animal" spent one week atop the list.

Katy Perry: The Billboard Cover Story

Over on the Digital Songs chart, "Teenage Dream's" title track moves up one spot to spend its first frame at No. 1 with 259,000 (up 24%).

Perry's last album, 2008's "One of the Boys," debuted and peaked at No. 9 in July of that year with 47,000 sold in its premiere week. Its best sales frame came over Christmas week of 2008 when it shifted 63,000 -- but at a lower rung on the tally.

Photos: Katy Perry's 21 Most Outrageous Outfits

On Digital Songs, "Teenage Dream" gives Perry her second No. 1 of the year. She earlier reigned for five weeks with the album's first single, "California Gurls." The latter is on the verge of becoming the year's top selling download with 3.6 million sold. Its sum falls just shy of 2010's best-seller: Train's "Hey, Soul Sister" (3.8 million).

Last week's Digital Songs No. 1, Lil Wayne's "Right Above It," tumbles hard to No. 10 with 101,000 (down 55%). That's the biggest positional drop from No. 1 since Artists for Haiti's "We Are the World 25: For Haiti" flew from No. 1 to No. 17 in its second week, on the chart dated Feb. 13.

Back on the Billboard 200 albums chart, former "American Idol" champ Fantasia starts at No. 2 with "Back To Me" (117,000). That marks her highest charting album yet. Her "Free Yourself" debut started and peaked at No. 8 in 2004 and her sophomore effort "Fantasia" topped out at No. 19 in 2006. The latter set entered the chart with 133,000 over a busy Christmas shopping week. The new album also debuts at No. 1 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart -- the singer's first topper on that list. "Free Yourself" and "Fantasia" peaked at Nos. 2 and 3, respectively.

Fantasia Moves Forward Despite Personal Challenges

Eminem's "Recovery" retreats two spots to No. 3 this week with 98,000 (down 15%) while Usher enters at No. 4 with his new "Versus" album (46,000). He also earns a bullet at No. 19 with "Raymond v Raymond" (20,000; up 57%). The latter set was reissued in a deluxe edition with "Versus" as a bonus disc, much in the same way Lady Gaga unleashed "The Fame Monster" both as a stand-alone set last November in addition to bundling it with a reissue of her "The Fame" album. "Versus" gives Usher his sixth top 10 album.

Little Big Town's "The Reason Why" debuts at No. 5 with 42,000 and also hits No. 1 on the Country Albums chart. It's both the highest charting Billboard 200 set for the band and its first Country No. 1. "Reason's" 42,000 start also nets the quartet its best sales week ever. Their previous highest sales week came when "The Road to Here" shifted 37,000 over Christmas week of 2005.

Kem's "Intimacy" drops four rungs to No. 6 with 30,000 (down 59%) while Justin Bieber's "My World 2.0" climbs one spot to No. 7 with 29,000 (down 3%).

Country group Randy Rogers Band also sees a banner week as its new "Burning the Day" enters the big chart at No. 8 and Country Albums at No. 2 with a career-best week of 29,000. Their last set, a 2008 self-titled effort, topped out at No. 29 on the Billboard 200 with a then-best frame of 17,000.

Ray LaMontagne's "God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise" descends six positions to No. 9 in its second week, selling 28,000 (down 57%).

Closing out the top 10 is a debut from the Devil Wears Prada as the rock band's new "Zombie" EP enters at No. 10 with 25,000. The five-song concept set (it's about zombies, naturally) just inches past the act's previous high-water rank on the Billboard 200. That came when 2009's "With Roots Above and Branches Below" debuted and peaked at No. 11 with 31,000 in its first week.

Overall album sales in this past chart week (ending Aug. 29) totaled 5.12 million units, up 1% compared to the sum last week (5.07 million) and down 12% compared to the comparable sales week of 2009 (5.82 million). Year to date album sales stand at 195.3 million, down 12% compared to the same total at this point last year (222.6 million).

Digital track sales this past week totaled 19.88 million downloads, down 2% compared to last week (20.33 million) and down 1% stacked next to the comparable week of 2009 (20.05 million). Year to date track sales are at 762.4 million, down 1% compared to the same total at this point last year (767.4 million).

Next week, it's looking like Disturbed's new "Asylum" will give the band its fourth straight No. 1 studio album. Industry prognosticators think the set could shift around 120,000 to 150,000 by week's end on Sunday, Sept. 5.

The new "Now 35" compilation is on track for a start around either Nos. 2 or 3 with perhaps 100,000 to 120,000. Figure that Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" or Eminem's "Recovery" might place around No. 3, depending on how the rest of the week shakes out.

Other albums aiming for a top 10 debut include Lyfe Jennings' "I Still Believe" and the Goo Goo Dolls' "Something for the Rest of Us."

3where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 05:52

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
Update: Sales for Disturbed so far are not doing to well. It looks like Katy Perry knocked off Eminem from the top of the charts and shes going on strong for the 2nd week in a row. Shes approaching gold status on her new album. Disturbed has until Sunday to out sell her by the end of this week, she has sold over 200,000 copies this week...it doesn't look good for our band...and on top of that, shes also matched that 200,000 records with about 200,000 digital purchased downloads....

Source: I saw a clip on the E! channel talking about her and her fiancee Russell Brand (the comedian)

4where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 06:34

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
omg...i hate her and now it's coming back and with a vengeance...!!!

sad what some people consider music these days

5where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 07:05

Willistor

Willistor
Stupified
we have time still, dont give up hope! I know a lot of my friends are getting it friday when they get paid, maybe everyone else is too o.O

6where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 08:58

TheSickness

TheSickness
Loading The Weapon
I am, getting paid today so will pick it up

7where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 09:53

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
Here its $9.99 right now, idk about everywhere else but I will buy another copy if it helps out the guys! We all just need to do a part.

8where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 10:51

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
I feel sorry for people who think that Katy Perry is music, its very sad that they pay for that shit. Disturbed will kick her ass so fucking hard...

9where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 11:46

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
A lot of Katy Perry's "music" is played on the college radio station I'm working at this semester... I don't get why she's so popular.

I've promised my copy of Asylum to my 16 year old when my special edition copy arrives (today, please?!)...but if I go out and buy another copy, it will be to help the guys topple this stupid girl and her stupid songs.

Oh, and I got so excited about Asylum for all these months, a friend of mine went out and bought ALL of Disturbed's CDs... and he loves what he's hearing! This is a man who's around my age, so I am thrilled. I've got a convert!

10where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 12:16

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
Katy Perry? Seriously? I've already bought three copies but im considering VERY seriously to go buy more. The only downside is that if i end up murdering Katy Perry people would probably end up buying more of her CD's... what a sad and cruel world we live in

11where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 13:44

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Disturbed Likely To Debut At #1 Next Week
Posted by Mitch Michaels on 09.02.2010

Katy Perry can't celebrate for long...

Disturbed is likely to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 next week with Asylum, knocking current chart-topper Katy Perry's Teenage Dream down the Top 5.

Early estimates have Asylum moving in the 130,000 - 150,000 range in its first week. It would be the band's fourth time at #1.

Other big sellers this week will be Now 35, Lyfe Jennings' I Still Believe and the Goo Goo Dolls' Something For The Rest Of Us.

Now 35 could move over 100,000 copies.

My post - Now thats what im fuckin talkin about! YEAH BABY!!!!

12where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 14:02

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
yea we have to see next week

13where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 14:42

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
fingers crossed!!!!

14where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 18:53

TheDarkDestroyer520

TheDarkDestroyer520
Disturbed One
I dont know how they only predict Disturbed to move less than 150,000 copies.

All past three albums have sold around 250,000 copies on debut and I see no reason for Asylum not to.

But still, Kate Perry's sales will drop enough, so Im pretty sure Disturbed will get the No. 1 debut.

15where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 19:21

Willistor

Willistor
Stupified
we got this shit!

16where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 01:56

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
hopefully my 3 copies helped.....lol.....yes, i just got another for my daughter.......go disturbed!!!!!!!

17where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 04:21

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
TheDarkDestroyer520 wrote:I dont know how they only predict Disturbed to move less than 150,000 copies.

All past three albums have sold around 250,000 copies on debut and I see no reason for Asylum not to.

But still, Kate Perry's sales will drop enough, so Im pretty sure Disturbed will get the No. 1 debut.
It doesn't matter who the artist is, they wont come near those numbers any more thanks to the music industries music downloading alliance that started at the beginning of 2009. 1 million digital full album downloads will count as a platinum seller, but it wont be called a platinum award. Priority sales will always come from buying physical copies, then the digital downloads will start to count after the opening 2-4 weeks after each albums release.

1 million Asylum records were rumored to be sold out, but that was world wide. U.S. probably had somewhere between 300,000 to 400,000 copies...the rest went to the other continents.

18where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 08:16

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
Disturbed1.com says limited edition is almost sold out, i wonder how many of those were made.

19where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 12:11

slamer80

slamer80
Believer
I oredered my Limited edition... Sadly i got a mail yesterday that it was delayed, and there's no date when i would get it... Damn fucking hate waitng, i want to hear the new songs and dvd on the Album, not from the internet.... This limited edition IS really limited....

20where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 13:58

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
According to a radio industry newsletter I get every week, Disturbed is #1 Going Into the Labor Day Weekend here in the US... so we can only hope and pray that come next week, they've got their fourth #1 album...

Last edited by GuiltyPleasures on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 14:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to article)

21where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 14:25

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
If they hit this with their 4th strait #1, they'll be in in an elite class....lets do it!!!

22where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 14:28

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
After reading all that stuff i guess Katy Perry wont be a big problem.

23where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 15:36

Hahofreak

Hahofreak
well, lets hope they knock Perry down. Go Disturbed!

24where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 20:26

disturbedfan431

disturbedfan431
Believer
like i said before it would be nice to see disturbed get to
number 1 but to me it doesn't really matter. I got a kickass
disturbed album to me thats better then getting number one.

25where did it debut? Empty Re: where did it debut? Sat 04 Sep 2010, 16:11

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
they're never going to stop hitting number one if they manage to pull this one off. Disturbed 1's are just TOO DAMN LOYAL!!!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com