Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 00:38

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
It looks that critics have been positive about the new album just go to Wikipedia to see what they say. I just hope the rest are as postive. What do you guys think?

2REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 00:56

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
As far as I'm concerned we will gwt our #1 album. The only person's review i really care about is me. Too many damn haters is this world. And i like Indestructible a little more than Asylum. It's close though. Favorites are Sacrifice, Innocence, The Infection, Leave It Alone, The Warrior and Asylum

3REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 01:56

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
did u get my message about the warroior song?

4REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 02:07

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
alexling88 wrote:did u get my message about the warroior song?
Yeah but idk man. My stuff works great. Scan it using mp3validator Google it. Its a free program that fixes mp3 files with problems.

5REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 15:09

KrakenAttack

KrakenAttack
How are people getting the lyrics and reviews so early? I thought it didn't release in the U.S until this Tuesday August 31st? Well, I know critics get it earlier to publish their reviews but a lot of the lyrics to songs not released yet like "Innocence" are already up.

6REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 15:25

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
KrakenAttack wrote:How are people getting the lyrics and reviews so early? I thought it didn't release in the U.S until this Tuesday August 31st? Well, I know critics get it earlier to publish their reviews but a lot of the lyrics to songs not released yet like "Innocence" are already up.
It was released in Germany on 26th. You can find every song from youtube.

7REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 16:01

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
My god...this has to be the best Disturbed album ever made.

All the songs have there own meaning and all the instruments flow and compliment each other as if its the perfect mixture of...epicness.

But Seriously, this body of work is absolutely stunning, Davids inspiring lyrics, Dans rocking riffs, Mikeys hardcore drumming, and Johns amazing Bass playing, Which I can actually this album, rather than the bass just being hidden. This band has progressed so much since 1999, and Im glad to have been there every step of the way.

I just pre ordered the limited edition, so Im pumped for DOD!

Stay Disturbed

-Spawn Asylum Guy

8REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 17:07

osiac

osiac
I got my copy yesterday and like with almost every Disturbed-Song these new ones didn't get me excited instantly. But after listening to them several times I must say, I love it!! My favorite right now: Innocence, awesome Chorus.
This album will embellish many hours to come :) Asylum Guy

9REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 22:51

mario867

mario867
Im actually kinda disappointed with this album..

10REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sat 28 Aug 2010, 23:38

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
why?

11REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sun 29 Aug 2010, 00:38

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
I, personally don't see how thats possible. I can't seem to rap my head around the concept. There is sooooooomuch potential in every song and the depth of the album as a whole truly displays the brilliance of the band. My personal favourites right now is My Child and Sacrifice for a few reasons. In My Child inparticular, the song displays huge technicallity in every band member's favour. The song explodes with crunching rifts and singing, breaking down into a melodic but edgy chorus AND THE BRIDGE!? It allows EVERYTHING to come out and conclude, in my opinion, one of the most emotional songs i have ever heard.

This is why i love Disturbed, there's always beautiful little pieces of every song that come together into some of the greatest music of our generation.

Asylum = 10 / 10 (and to all the haters who think i would love it even if it was the shittiest album made? Fuck you. Any album i can have on repeat for 12 hours a day, two days in a row has to be good. Grow up.)

12REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sun 29 Aug 2010, 03:42

mario867

mario867
Idk.. Im not hating or anything.. its just this is their first CD that was different in a weird way.. Im all for change when if comes to bands but it just feels odd. I might have exaggerated when I said 'disappointed'... They covered ITHFWILF.. That itself is weird.. It is a great cover but very unexpected. They matured a lot and I just need time to adjust.

13REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sun 29 Aug 2010, 04:30

disturbedfan431

disturbedfan431
Believer
well like i said befre i fucking love this album
it's that blend of "the sickness" mixed with "believe"
but with a more newer mature disturbed sound. And plus
i can't get over the melodies that David is pulling off in
songs such as crucified, the infection, the animal, serpentine,
warrior, and just about every song. Dan's guitar work never ceases
to amaze me he's really kicking some major ass with these riffs and it is good to once again be able to hear the bass again. And on that same note i can't say that it really blows any of the other albums away because every Disturbed album has it's own unique sound.To me it's just that fucking good words can't describe but there's is another thing i'm still waiting to hear Mine, Three, and Emptiness so id anyone has any links to where i can hear them songs let me know...

14REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sun 29 Aug 2010, 05:31

ndaly94

ndaly94
didn't like it as mutch as i thought i would not really that good

15REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Sun 29 Aug 2010, 12:15

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
i love what i've heard so far........the infection is haunting and always stuck in my head......serpentine has as catchy of a chorus as the night and don't even get me started on the animal.......awesome.

16REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Mon 30 Aug 2010, 20:53

lollybites666

lollybites666
love the album havnt stopped playing it since i got it last friday ...yet to watch the dvd but im sure that will be great as well, over all i would give this album 10 outta 10 there aint a song i dont as like all there other albums.

17REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Mon 30 Aug 2010, 21:21

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
mario867 wrote:Idk.. Im not hating or anything.. its just this is their first CD that was different in a weird way.. Im all for change when if comes to bands but it just feels odd. I might have exaggerated when I said 'disappointed'... They covered ITHFWILF.. That itself is weird.. It is a great cover but very unexpected. They matured a lot and I just need time to adjust.
I agree man. Im still sketchy about them covering that. Like you said its not even saying its "bad" just like... why? I'm wondering who came up with that idea. This album has a lot more melodic vocals.

18REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:11

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Well, I finally listened to the album today. Half way through my second listen right now... It's really good, but I still have somewhat mixed feelings. It starts off great...the whole thing is great, but like Indestructible the songs seem to be samey as I was 3/4 through. A few songs stood out more than others the first listen, namely The Infection and Serpentine. This one is definitely more of a grower to me, and growers tend to be the better albums based on my experience. I was hoping for more instrumentation and maybe a slower song like Darkness, but I'll still very happy with the growth they show on this album. I can tell I'll like it more than Indestructible and The Sickness, but so far I still prefer Believe and TTF. I heard a lot of comparisons to Believe, but it sounds nothing like it to me.

19REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:29

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
i think i'm in love w/ this album.....the only song i can't get into right off the bat is sacrifice.

20REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:47

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
osiac wrote:I got my copy yesterday and like with almost every Disturbed-Song these new ones didn't get me excited instantly. But after listening to them several times I must say, I love it!! My favorite right now: Innocence, awesome Chorus.
This album will embellish many hours to come :) Asylum Guy
I love Innocence!!! Prolly one of the top songs on the album in my opinion. The chorus is very catchy! I have a few ppl that I would love to sing it to

21REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:53

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
4everDisturbed wrote:
mario867 wrote:Idk.. Im not hating or anything.. its just this is their first CD that was different in a weird way.. Im all for change when if comes to bands but it just feels odd. I might have exaggerated when I said 'disappointed'... They covered ITHFWILF.. That itself is weird.. It is a great cover but very unexpected. They matured a lot and I just need time to adjust.
I agree man. Im still sketchy about them covering that. Like you said its not even saying its "bad" just like... why? I'm wondering who came up with that idea. This album has a lot more melodic vocals.
If you guys listen to the album as a whole the theme of ISHFWILF goes with it all very well. David lost alot during the writing process, just kinda like hes sayin hes still trying to fill the emptyness... idk thats how I took it anyways. I didn't like it at first but the more I listen to it the more I liked it and realized that it goes with the album very much!!! 10/10 for my vote!! For sure their best work yet!! Great job Disturbed, and Thanks!!

22REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Wed 01 Sep 2010, 12:22

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I've been listening to it almost nonstop since I bought my copy of it yesterday, and I'm so impressed with this album that I can't really put it into words. All the songs are pure genius (the ones actually written by David, that is). My Child absolutely killed me! I was on a break between classes when I heard it, and I had to hide out in the ladies' room in one of the buildings to compose myself.

The jury is still out on ishfwilf, though. It's a good song, and David does it justice, and I sang along with it (It's one of my favorite songs by U2)... but I don't know, yet. It'll have to grow on me, I guess.

Overall, I truly feel this is the best stuff Disturbed has ever put out. I am, as I've said, very impressed. They have never disappointed me, and haven't this time. It's a good time to be a Disturbed One.

And that's my two cents. It is what it is.

23REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Thu 02 Sep 2010, 01:16

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
can't get crucified out of my head

24REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Thu 02 Sep 2010, 03:09

Daystar

Daystar
I Don't Really Care For This Album So Far, However It's Too Early To Say I Don't Like It. This Is Probably One Of Those Albums You Have To Keep Listening To Over And Over Again Until You Like It

25REVIEWS SO FAR! Empty Re: REVIEWS SO FAR! Thu 02 Sep 2010, 04:18

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Daystar wrote:I Don't Really Care For This Album So Far, However It's Too Early To Say I Don't Like It. This Is Probably One Of Those Albums You Have To Keep Listening To Over And Over Again Until You Like It

It may also be a good idea to not listen to it for a day or two, or a week, or a few months, then it might just click for you. It's hard to like an album if it doesn't get to you after the first 2 or 3 listens. I've rediscovered several bands by trying them out after a few months.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com