Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 13:57

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
I'm holding out until Tuesday, but I like what you guys are saying about it--especially the Believe comparison since that will probably always be my favorite Disturbed album.

27My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 14:26

Mr.Vlado

Mr.Vlado
Disturbed One
Bound2Fate wrote:I'm holding out until Tuesday, but I like what you guys are saying about it--especially the Believe comparison since that will probably always be my favorite Disturbed album.

Then I think you will love Asylum and maybe Asylum will get your Number 1. The most songs would fit perfectly into Believe. I don't like Believe so much like the other 3 albums before Asylum - but although I think Asylum will get my number 1 - because it's just totally kick-ass :D

28My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 14:32

TheDarkDestroyer520

TheDarkDestroyer520
Disturbed One
Fucking everyone over at Disturbedmb is bitching about Asylum of course...
A bunch of fucking babies and whiners over there.

29My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 14:38

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
omg i gave up on that forum a long time ago, such an awful environment over there
i swear, the only things they know how to say are the negative comments

30My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 14:40

Overburdened91

Believer
TheDarkDestroyer520 wrote:Fucking everyone over at Disturbedmb is bitching about Asylum of course...
A bunch of fucking babies and whiners over there.

YES!!!!! i dont understand how they have a forum for the band...but do nothing but talk down about them

31My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 15:27

TheDarkDestroyer520

TheDarkDestroyer520
Disturbed One
PoisonIvy wrote:omg i gave up on that forum a long time ago, such an awful environment over there

I know like really!!! The people that made the site hate Disturbed now. Everyone is always talking down on Disturbed now, its just sad.

This place is MUCH better haha.

32My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 15:40

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
TheDarkDestroyer520 wrote:
PoisonIvy wrote:omg i gave up on that forum a long time ago, such an awful environment over there

I know like really!!! The people that made the site hate Disturbed now. Everyone is always talking down on Disturbed now, its just sad.

This place is MUCH better haha.

when i was reading that website for the news, half of them were mean and half were so-so....now it's much worse? jeez

This place is heaven! Everybody here is amazing!!

33My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 16:03

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
The(New)Guy wrote:
jpmatrixfan88 wrote:
The(New)Guy wrote:Unfortunately I'm dissapointed..decent album but it landed on the 3rd spot for me.I guess I was optimistic for some heavy stuff after Asylum and Another way to die, although the fact that it was said this album resembles Believe should've warned me.
My top songs of Asylum:
1.Remnants(decent) + Asylum (exceptional)
2.Innocence
3.Another way to die
4.The Animal
5.The Infection
6.Serpentine
----------------
7.Never again
8-9.Crucified & Warrior
10-11. Sacrifice & My Child

Warrior is probably the heaviest song they've ever done. And you complained about the album not being heavy enough. How is that not in your top favorites? I know we all have opinions but it's easily the heaviest song on here.
I must have a different definition of heavy.The drumming kicks ass
but the rest hasn't impressed me.
Heavy or not I admit this is the most complex, mature and definitely a new step in the carrer of the guys.I think this has to be the moment they will finally win a Grammy.

Sick guitar riffs, screaming, fast music and deep growling vocals aren't heavy? The verses are easily the heaviest stuff they've done in a long time. The chorus isn't that heavy but the rest of the song is extremely heavy. But to each is their own.

34My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 16:23

ABlume

ABlume
I just found out that the live versions on the Asylum Limited Edition (Down with..., Stricken) are those from the European Tour Edition of 10,000 Fists (Bonus DVD - Live from Norfolk).
Seriously, they could have done better. That's not a real bonus in my book.

35My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 20:12

nkproz04

nkproz04
This is honestly disturbed's best work in my opinion. By far the greatest album of all time! omg this is amazing

36My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Fri 27 Aug 2010, 21:29

krakronyz44

krakronyz44
Believer
Ok, this is an incredible album. It reminds me of Believe, which is great, since it's my favorite album by them. Very impressed. Worth the wait.

37My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 03:00

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
i still haven't listened.......testing my strength......must hold out til tuesday

38My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 03:01

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
this is not easy by the way Going Mad

39My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 04:20

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
Indestructible still holds as my favorite album, best solo's, most aggressive-boot up the ass album they have made, best talent wise, they took their time on that album. Next album i hope is a lot like Indestructible, but with new stuff, need the aggression that Indestructible has. Asylum is amazing, and i know David needed to let out a lot of shit, and i am glad he did. I hope for the best for David, i love the guy to death, all of them, i love the four guys with a passion. They have cured me of all my life problems, can't live without them!

40My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 05:27

Willistor

Willistor
Stupified
the album in definitely intense! I keep finding more that I like the more I listen to it. I was an idiot and put it on repeat when I went to bed.... bad idea haha, took FOREVER to fall asleep. nothing like laying in bed listening to music, you hear soooo much more. Cant wait to watch DOD when I get my cd ^_^

41My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 05:42

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
^ same here, looking forward to my dvd coming with the cd...i hope there won't be any problems with the courier :-s

anyway, i wanted to say that i usually love to listen to music when i fall asleep, anything from Sopor Aeternus to Metallica, and i once fell asleep listening to Disturbed songs and David's voice --> best sleep i've ever had lol

42My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 05:48

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
Oh yeah, Disturbed music to relax, train, workout too, tactical shooting too, fighting (legal in the ring) too, working, damn anything, and i am not sure if i told people the story about me listening to Disturbed when i went in for my surgery where i should have died three times, once being shot, another on the super rare stomach cancer i had, and when my burning house fell on me, i believe they saved me, i know they did! David can make you feel like your on roids/20 5 hour energy shots! Or make you feel like you are floating on a cloud with him singing right to you!

43My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 05:54

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
Disturbed1ForLife25 wrote:Oh yeah, Disturbed music to relax, train, workout too, tactical shooting too, fighting (legal in the ring) too, working, damn anything, and i am not sure if i told people the story about me listening to Disturbed when i went in for my surgery where i should have died three times, once being shot, another on the super rare stomach cancer i had, and when my burning house fell on me, i believe they saved me, i know they did! David can make you feel like your on roids/20 5 hour energy shots! Or make you feel like you are floating on a cloud with him singing right to you!

oh my God, you went through a lot!!! :(

I am so glad their music helped and still helps you, it does that for so many people, me included. Ah, I love them so much!!
And this album is and is going to be therapeutic not only for David, but for so many other people as well. Amazing. So proud!

44My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 10:58

MRST

MRST
Disturbed One
Oh my goo-ood, Asylum is an awesome album! When I heard the album for the first time, I really like this damn f#n instrumental "Remnants". This one is unbelievable good. It starts slowly and silent, but then I get faster and harder.
And then the next song .... *baaaaam* Asylum! The combo is so good like "Stupify and Down with the Sickness". As a main song of the album it is really great! Hell Yeah, I hope it is so sucessful like D.W.T.S!

"THE INFECTION MUST DIE" ... wow, soo powerful this song. One of my faves!

The Warrior and The Animal .... two songs, two bomber songs! There are really hard, like the strong songs from The Sickness and 10,000 fists! I often hear this songs! And the great "Dan Donegan Orchersta" in "The Animal" at the beginning is fantastic! :D

Never Again, Crucified, Serpertine, My Child and Innoncece I don't hear often, but there are have there own quality! Every song have a good meaning, there are really good.

The bonus song "Ishwilf" ..... great idea, I really like this cover. But: What happend at the beginnin? 1:38 I don't hear anything. Is this song a little bit "broken"? :D :D :D

Down with The Sickness is from "Live @ Norfolk" (the extra from limited edition from 10,000 Fists album) and Stricken is from "Live @ Deep Rock concert". Good bonus tracks, but I have them before. :D

Fazit: Asylum stoned meeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I don't have so huge expections, but .... wow, this album is really classic! I hope that in Germany it will claim the Top 1 and attack "Unheilig". :D :D Disturbed deserve it!

45My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 11:13

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
PoisonIvy wrote:
Disturbed1ForLife25 wrote:Oh yeah, Disturbed music to relax, train, workout too, tactical shooting too, fighting (legal in the ring) too, working, damn anything, and i am not sure if i told people the story about me listening to Disturbed when i went in for my surgery where i should have died three times, once being shot, another on the super rare stomach cancer i had, and when my burning house fell on me, i believe they saved me, i know they did! David can make you feel like your on roids/20 5 hour energy shots! Or make you feel like you are floating on a cloud with him singing right to you!

oh my God, you went through a lot!!! :(

I am so glad their music helped and still helps you, it does that for so many people, me included. Ah, I love them so much!!
And this album is and is going to be therapeutic not only for David, but for so many other people as well. Amazing. So proud!

True, but i believe what happens in life to you, makes you who you are. I am now a better stronger person, able to take on anything that comes my way. Joining the Military Special Forces soon, i have been training with my uncle (who is currently in the United States Special Forces, just can't say his name, where, what he is due to OPSEC (stands for Operational Security). My goal is to save lives (even if that means to take one evil life to save 100 innocent civilians). Disturbed is the reason for my strength and courage i have that ables me to do what i do, and thank you Ivy, your very sweet.

46My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 13:12

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
Ya soo I went to that other forum site. What a bunch of trash talking imbalsils there. They say we all are a bunch a fanboy bitches that are to scared to say anything bad about disturbed. We obviously have threads about stuff we didn't like that they did? Its just stupid though there are probably people on there from this forum site trash talking. Personally I think Indestructible and Asylum go hand in hand. They're the ultimate healing experience for anyone who needs strength. Indestructible is like the strong, hard-hitting young one while asylum is like the old, matured, defined one that you look up to and respect. If that makes any sense?

47My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 13:28

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
Smitk1592 wrote:Ya soo I went to that other forum site. What a bunch of trash talking imbalsils there. They say we all are a bunch a fanboy bitches that are to scared to say anything bad about disturbed. We obviously have threads about stuff we didn't like that they did? Its just stupid though there are probably people on there from this forum site trash talking. Personally I think Indestructible and Asylum go hand in hand. They're the ultimate healing experience for anyone who needs strength. Indestructible is like the strong, hard-hitting young one while asylum is like the old, matured, defined one that you look up to and respect. If that makes any sense?

those people are awful and i've learned in time to just let mean people be mean and and just not listen to them, cause they're not worth it

i love what you said about Indestructable and Asylum going hand in hand and that they are the ultimate healing experience....when I read that I was thinking that Indestructable is like the medicine for the wound, hard-hitting, like you said and Asylum is the bandage for the wound...you need both to heal

48My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 13:36

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
PoisonIvy wrote:
Smitk1592 wrote:Ya soo I went to that other forum site. What a bunch of trash talking imbalsils there. They say we all are a bunch a fanboy bitches that are to scared to say anything bad about disturbed. We obviously have threads about stuff we didn't like that they did? Its just stupid though there are probably people on there from this forum site trash talking. Personally I think Indestructible and Asylum go hand in hand. They're the ultimate healing experience for anyone who needs strength. Indestructible is like the strong, hard-hitting young one while asylum is like the old, matured, defined one that you look up to and respect. If that makes any sense?

those people are awful and i've learned in time to just let mean people be mean and and just not listen to them, cause they're not worth it

i love what you said about Indestructable and Asylum going hand in hand and that they are the ultimate healing experience....when I read that I was thinking that Indestructable is like the medicine for the wound, hard-hitting, like you said and Asylum is the bandage for the wound...you need both to heal

You basically summed up what i couldn't. Thats the best description for it i can think of
Asylum Guy The Indestructible O <---- see they're buddies

49My Thoughts on Asylum - Page 2 Empty Re: My Thoughts on Asylum Sat 28 Aug 2010, 13:49

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
MRST wrote:Oh my goo-ood, Asylum is an awesome album! When I heard the album for the first time, I really like this damn f#n instrumental "Remnants". This one is unbelievable good. It starts slowly and silent, but then I get faster and harder.
And then the next song .... *baaaaam* Asylum! The combo is so good like "Stupify and Down with the Sickness". As a main song of the album it is really great! Hell Yeah, I hope it is so sucessful like D.W.T.S!

"THE INFECTION MUST DIE" ... wow, soo powerful this song. One of my faves!

The Warrior and The Animal .... two songs, two bomber songs! There are really hard, like the strong songs from The Sickness and 10,000 fists! I often hear this songs! And the great "Dan Donegan Orchersta" in "The Animal" at the beginning is fantastic! :D

Never Again, Crucified, Serpertine, My Child and Innoncece I don't hear often, but there are have there own quality! Every song have a good meaning, there are really good.

The bonus song "Ishwilf" ..... great idea, I really like this cover. But: What happend at the beginnin? 1:38 I don't hear anything. Is this song a little bit "broken"? :D :D :D

Down with The Sickness is from "Live @ Norfolk" (the extra from limited edition from 10,000 Fists album) and Stricken is from "Live @ Deep Rock concert". Good bonus tracks, but I have them before. :D

Fazit: Asylum stoned meeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I don't have so huge expections, but .... wow, this album is really classic! I hope that in Germany it will claim the Top 1 and attack "Unheilig". :D :D Disturbed deserve it!
ISHFWILF was meant to be a hidden track and it still is on the original version of the album, theres a 96 second pause after Innocence.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com