Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats your favourite new Disturbed single?

Which new single do you think is better? Empty11%Which new single do you think is better? Empty 11% [ 6 ]
Which new single do you think is better? Empty89%Which new single do you think is better? Empty 89% [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 56

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
I personally think Asylum kicks Another Way to Die's ass. Dont get me wrong, AWTD is a good song, and i love the message in it, but it sounds more like a b-side quality song to me to be honest. Asylum brings more of the creativness and quality I was expecting from a Disturbed single.

Wats your favourite?

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
I agree with you Dylan so i went with Asylum

Conker

Conker
The Animal
They're both really catchy, I had them in my head all day. Personally, I like 'Another Way To Die' better. The vocals are really catchy and everything goes together perfectly.

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Asylum. I've said several times on a number of pages that Asylum basically rapes Another Way to Die. Another Way to Die is good, but not great. It doesn't cover any new ground musically either. I like the intro, but the rest of the song just doesn't do it for me. Asylum, on the other hand, is intense from beginning to end. And most importantly, it sounds new and fresh.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I, too, have said this on other threads... Another Way to Die is a good song, has a great message, but sounds like "Disturbed Lite"... Asylum on the other hand is hard hitting, in your face, dark and has this really freaky theme. The music just goes through you like a lightning bolt. It's a song that the band will be doing in shows for the rest of their career, like DWtS, Inside the Fire, and Indestuctible.

So for me, Asylum vs. Another Way to Die... Asylum wins, hands down.

And that's all I have to say.

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
GuiltyPleasures wrote:I, too, have said this on other threads... Another Way to Die is a good song, has a great message, but sounds like "Disturbed Lite"... Asylum on the other hand is hard hitting, in your face, dark and has this really freaky theme. The music just goes through you like a lightning bolt. It's a song that the band will be doing in shows for the rest of their career, like DWtS, Inside the Fire, and Indestuctible.

So for me, Asylum vs. Another Way to Die... Asylum wins, hands down.

And that's all I have to say.

I agree. I like Another Way To Die, but some parts of the song didn't do it for me. Not QUITE what I expected. However, Asylum is an absolute beast of a song, and I LOVE it!

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
Like both, but love Asylum!

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
Love em' both so so much. But Asylum... damn. There's just something about that song that emits awesomeness

Mr Minio

Loading The Weapon
Asylum. It's awesome.

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
Another Way to Die is good, Asylum is perfect... Asylum won

Mr.Vlado

Mr.Vlado
Disturbed One
Asylum for me, too. Simply epic.

Willistor

Willistor
Stupified
The first time I heard Asylum, it didn't really hit me, but after the second time of listening to it very carefully, holy hell it's amazing. AWTD i think is a song that will get a lot of people who aren't fans of them listening because of the message the song sends out, smart move on their part.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Asylum stabs through AWTD. I remember hearing AWTD the day it was released and I was like "holy hell, this is good!" But when I listened to Asylum..."I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG!"

Asylum wins - i've played it about 885 times in my itunes since the day i downloaded it :)

MistressDisturbed

MistressDisturbed
Stupified
If you haven't heard yet, "The Animal" is premiering on Rock Band as dlc on August 24th. Should this be considered the next "official" single? As it is now, "Asylum" is undoubtedly the best. Rock

KrakenAttack

KrakenAttack
Asylum is way better because it simultaneously combines a lot of elements from their past while being fresh and new. I also love the fact that it contains the most lyrics for any one Disturbed song, "3 PAGES!" as David said in the "Making Of Asylum" video. Lyrically, the story seems to be a sequel to "Inside The Fire" after his love tragically took her life and now after her death he's finding both pain in her loss/his loneliness yet comfort in his memories of the good moments they shared together. So too do I just love the line "Dark forces pull me underground" and the visualization it creates.
"Asylum" tells a story while "Another Way To Die" just seems to be a message that's borderline preaching.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com