Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26anyone notice the haters - Page 2 Empty Re: anyone notice the haters Sun 18 Jul 2010, 08:31

ABlume

ABlume
I couldn´t find the comment to which everybody seems to refer to at the beginning of this thread. Maybe it´s already deleted.

But I would like to give some general contribution to the topic "haters":
In my opinion there are some (individual) people here on the forum who cry "Hater - leave the forum!" very fast.

Please at first consider the format that is given to members to express their opinion. Nobody want´s to read or write novels on here, so opinions are put into short posts. This compressed form can´t give the whole picture - it´s just a small excerpt from a persons opinion.

Also a lot of people on here are not native English speakers (me included). I´m understanding English perfectly, but speaking/writing is a different thing. That´s why I might use phrases that don´t sound good/right to a native speakers ear and give my posted opinion unintentionally a tone which gets misinterpreted by the reader.

What I want to say is: Please - if in doubt - first assume everyone on here to be a true fan of Disturbed.

My definition of being a fan is not to love EVERYTHING the band does and say "awesome" to EVERYTHING the band puts out, if one feels differently at times.
But a fan (to me) is somebody who stays loyal to the band and continues to support it even in case he/she isn´t in his/her own mind satisfied with the bands current output.

I don´t see what´s so terrible about expressing some criticism in this forum.
From my point of view all that is wanted with a critical post is a reply from other fans on the subject, which can be - even should be - disagreement.
If I express that I don´t like a certain thing about whatever for some reason, please feel free to tell me otherwise and convince me with arguments. But don´t give me a "hater"-shout - that´s not helpful and poisons the discussion.
Because I´m here for a discussion with people who have inside knowledge about the subject (and like Disturbed as much as I do).
I´m not here to ONLY read a hundred times in a row "this is f*ing great", "this is f*ing awesome", "I peed my pants".

Maybe the general opinion in this forum is different. Maybe discussions are not wanted, maybe only short approving comments are wanted. In that case I continue to come here to get the newest information on Disturbed and leave commenting mostly to others.

27anyone notice the haters - Page 2 Empty Re: anyone notice the haters Sun 18 Jul 2010, 09:10

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
ShockAndAwe wrote:I don't consider greenday metal... more like emo fag rock. Just my .02

It's not. But she's 11. She's getting her older cousins music castoffs. She'll figure it out! LOL

Well Linkin Park was the starting point for a lot us, I think. I started listening to them in 8th grade and from then on the search for different bands and sub-genres of metal and rock continued.

I hope i'm not gonna get mean comments because of this.
Personally, I don't listen to them anymore because I've outgrown them.
But like I said, i think they're good for somebody who is slowly finding his/her way into the rock world.

28anyone notice the haters - Page 2 Empty Re: anyone notice the haters Sun 18 Jul 2010, 12:35

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
You guys should see what these disturbed haters say on blabbermouth.net when disturbed has a update! wow! what fucking arrogance!!!! they are a fucking DUSCHBAGS!!!!!!!

29anyone notice the haters - Page 2 Empty Re: anyone notice the haters Sun 18 Jul 2010, 12:48

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
alexling88 wrote:You guys should see what these disturbed haters say on blabbermouth.net when disturbed has a update! wow! what fucking arrogance!!!! they are a fucking DUSCHBAGS!!!!!!!

lol....i'm definatley not going to read that crap.

30anyone notice the haters - Page 2 Empty Re: anyone notice the haters Sun 18 Jul 2010, 13:34

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
Can someone link these thread?

31anyone notice the haters - Page 2 Empty Re: anyone notice the haters Sun 18 Jul 2010, 13:56

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
laurieann131313 wrote:
alexling88 wrote:You guys should see what these disturbed haters say on blabbermouth.net when disturbed has a update! wow! what fucking arrogance!!!! they are a fucking DUSCHBAGS!!!!!!!

lol....i'm definatley not going to read that crap.

I have read the shit people have written on Disturbed stories on Blabbermouth, and it's just ignorant babble from people who don't fucking get it! Every single story on Disturbed I've read there has some kind of hate for the band, for David (especially David!), for their music, etc. I posted a response on the latest one, but if it's like the last one I left a comment for, I've probably been crucified and had my comments picked apart by stupid boys whose only purpose is to bash Disturbed. So my trips to read Blabbermouth stories are few and far between (and I can read them here without the hate spewing moronic comments).

LONG LIVE DISTURBED! Because WE get it!

32anyone notice the haters - Page 2 Empty Re: anyone notice the haters Sun 18 Jul 2010, 15:01

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
^ you said it perfectly

i myself read some of the comments they wrote and they're just disgusting, very mean

33anyone notice the haters - Page 2 Empty Re: anyone notice the haters Wed 21 Jul 2010, 11:19

Remiel

Stricken
ABlume wrote:I couldn´t find the comment to which everybody seems to refer to at the beginning of this thread. Maybe it´s already deleted.

But I would like to give some general contribution to the topic "haters":
In my opinion there are some (individual) people here on the forum who cry "Hater - leave the forum!" very fast.

Please at first consider the format that is given to members to express their opinion. Nobody want´s to read or write novels on here, so opinions are put into short posts. This compressed form can´t give the whole picture - it´s just a small excerpt from a persons opinion.

Also a lot of people on here are not native English speakers (me included). I´m understanding English perfectly, but speaking/writing is a different thing. That´s why I might use phrases that don´t sound good/right to a native speakers ear and give my posted opinion unintentionally a tone which gets misinterpreted by the reader.

What I want to say is: Please - if in doubt - first assume everyone on here to be a true fan of Disturbed.

My definition of being a fan is not to love EVERYTHING the band does and say "awesome" to EVERYTHING the band puts out, if one feels differently at times.
But a fan (to me) is somebody who stays loyal to the band and continues to support it even in case he/she isn´t in his/her own mind satisfied with the bands current output.

I don´t see what´s so terrible about expressing some criticism in this forum.
From my point of view all that is wanted with a critical post is a reply from other fans on the subject, which can be - even should be - disagreement.
If I express that I don´t like a certain thing about whatever for some reason, please feel free to tell me otherwise and convince me with arguments. But don´t give me a "hater"-shout - that´s not helpful and poisons the discussion.
Because I´m here for a discussion with people who have inside knowledge about the subject (and like Disturbed as much as I do).
I´m not here to ONLY read a hundred times in a row "this is f*ing great", "this is f*ing awesome", "I peed my pants".

Maybe the general opinion in this forum is different. Maybe discussions are not wanted, maybe only short approving comments are wanted. In that case I continue to come here to get the newest information on Disturbed and leave commenting mostly to others.

Thank you.

Nope, that's all I've got. Carry on.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com