Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
Okay, we already have AWTD as single #1. What do you guys think the others will be?

I think:

#2 The Infection- strong subject matter here
#3 Never again- good theme, brings some attention to victims of the holocaust
maybe #4? i'd say Warrior or Animal- just for shits and giggles

I think Asylum will be one of their best songs on the album it's just i don't think it will be a single because of how long it is.

Thoughts?

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Hmm when i took the time to think about this i didnt have either of your possible singles in mind. This is my thought for the second single as of right now. i am really awaiting to here this song hehe

#2 The Animal --- this song reminds me of waking the demon by bullet for my valentine. its a song i feel would be more relaxed for disturbed and one they can really let loose on. i think another song that has a deep subject matter is kind of a bad choice for the second single. "another way to die" may have shocked a couple disturbed ones. i expect a killer solo, Dan ;)

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
At least something that has some meaning behind it, like AWtD. Agreed that Asylum would be too long to be a single unless they edit it down to a respectable length (and they're not about to do that, I'm sure).

I'd like to see Never Again, personally, as the next single. But it will probably be The Animal or Serpentine.

Mike, do you or Raven have any ideas in this department?

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
yeah i'm 98 percent sure that Never again will be a single. Just my gut feeling. I bet it will have a slower chorus like enough or remember did. Like a sadder song vibe to it

Overburdened91

Believer
yea i agree about never again...and just maybe Innocence might be one...but for some reason....i really love Serpentine (says it like he's heard it) just the name itself makes it very interesting

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
Im thinking Asylum, Serpentine, and the Animal, depending on how good the songs are

disturbedfan431

disturbedfan431
Believer
i think asylum will be one of their singles from the new album
idk....

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
yea i think Never Again should be next single.

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
i still think the infection is a definite single. This is from their site,

"Then there's "The Infection," which will no doubt be a crowd favorite. From its percussive stomp to the wah-pedal solo, the song feels like it could derail, but it's forged together by Disturbed's focused fire. "It's one of those tracks that makes you feel like getting in the car and going over 100 mph," laughs Donegan. "It's got a cool driving groove and an extended lead."

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
i think asylum will be

and after that either Serpentine or The Animal

i think The Child has the highest probability of not being a single

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
Serpentine seems like too dark of a song, like demonic whispering and stuff? Not single kinda stuff, more album stuff. The animal just doesn't seem as powerful for single materiel. I'm trying to picture these playing on the radio. Werewolves really isn't the general publics cup of tea. Also just look at the song line up. Asylum is basically the first track ( with remnants) and the infection hypothetically is 2nd. AWTD is the 4th hypothetically. Last album the singles went first track Indestructible, 2nd track inside the fire and finally 4th track the night. It was just a pattern i picked up on.

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
And Ten Thousand Fists' singles went 1, 2, 3, 5, and 11. Its only coincidence

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
I think the Infaction is a definate. They seem very excited about it on the disturbed1 site. Also, Asylum better be a gaddamn single. ITS AWESOME!

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
I do agree guys. I cant wait to hear the infection. Why are you so down on The Animal? I cant wait to here what disturbed will bring out. That song has the potential to be the fastest paced song on the record. Less emotion than the other songs but powerful. Everything time i think about it i remember waking the demon. And that shit is epic. It was a single...

yanksandjetsfan

yanksandjetsfan
Disturbed One
GuiltyPleasures wrote:At least something that has some meaning behind it, like AWtD. Agreed that Asylum would be too long to be a single unless they edit it down to a respectable length (and they're not about to do that, I'm sure).

I'd like to see Never Again, personally, as the next single. But it will probably be The Animal or Serpentine.

Mike, do you or Raven have any ideas in this department?

hahaha well they proved you (and almost everyone else) wrong! remnants sounds like it will be amazing anyways so i guess im okay with it. and asylum is ridiculously good. im thinking the infection will definitely be a single though

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
Smitk1592 wrote:

I think Asylum will be one of their best songs on the album it's just i don't think it will be a single because of how long it is.

it was only 4 minutes long. thats not too long for a single, and they singled it too. lol

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
4everDisturbed wrote:I do agree guys. I cant wait to hear the infection. Why are you so down on The Animal? I cant wait to here what disturbed will bring out. That song has the potential to be the fastest paced song on the record. Less emotion than the other songs but powerful. Everything time i think about it i remember waking the demon. And that shit is epic. It was a single...

I totally agree. They said in multiple interviews that they were going to have, like, 7 singles. The fact that they're talking about it a lot apart from others shows that they're quite confident in it. Im thinking The Animal will be a single.

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:
Smitk1592 wrote:

it was only 4 minutes long. thats not too long for a single, and they singled it too. lol

That was before i knew about remnants, I thought they were going to keep it together but i guess not. My bad! It's all good

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
Smitk1592 wrote:Serpentine seems like too dark of a song, like demonic whispering and stuff? Not single kinda stuff, more album stuff. The animal just doesn't seem as powerful for single materiel. I'm trying to picture these playing on the radio. Werewolves really isn't the general publics cup of tea. Also just look at the song line up. Asylum is basically the first track ( with remnants) and the infection hypothetically is 2nd. AWTD is the 4th hypothetically. Last album the singles went first track Indestructible, 2nd track inside the fire and finally 4th track the night. It was just a pattern i picked up on.

Wererwolfs isn't the publics cup of tea? Uhhh, have you HEARD of Twilight? LOL.

Last edited by jpmatrixfan88 on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 11:29; edited 1 time in total

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
bassman47 wrote:
4everDisturbed wrote:I do agree guys. I cant wait to hear the infection. Why are you so down on The Animal? I cant wait to here what disturbed will bring out. That song has the potential to be the fastest paced song on the record. Less emotion than the other songs but powerful. Everything time i think about it i remember waking the demon. And that shit is epic. It was a single...

I totally agree. They said in multiple interviews that they were going to have, like, 7 singles. The fact that they're talking about it a lot apart from others shows that they're quite confident in it. Im thinking The Animal will be a single.

My god people, they NEVER said they'd have 7 singles. ALL they said was they had like 5 or 6 songs TO CHOOSE FROM to be singles.

Some of you guys scare me with your lack of reading comprehension...

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
jpmatrixfan88 wrote:
Smitk1592 wrote:Serpentine seems like too dark of a song, like demonic whispering and stuff? Not single kinda stuff, more album stuff. The animal just doesn't seem as powerful for single materiel. I'm trying to picture these playing on the radio. Werewolves really isn't the general publics cup of tea. Also just look at the song line up. Asylum is basically the first track ( with remnants) and the infection hypothetically is 2nd. AWTD is the 4th hypothetically. Last album the singles went first track Indestructible, 2nd track inside the fire and finally 4th track the night. It was just a pattern i picked up on.

Lmao well i never thought of that. Never really did think of twilight. I dunno! Personally i just see it as more of a movie soundtrack.(Like Van helsing) I could be totally wrong though so i'm not going to say it won't become a single. Just I'd put the infection before that. But for your guys point of view thats valid too cause disturbed has had alot of really personal, emotional videos. They might want to mix it up abit and just have fun with one of them. So i won't jump the gun yet, I could eat my words and the animal may become a single.

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness

Ya man sorry i didn't look at it both ways. The Animals going to be epic. As far as those singles and the patterns i was only looking at Indestructible and asylum. Thought it was kinda funny how they lined up like that.

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
jpmatrixfan88 wrote:
bassman47 wrote:

My god people, they NEVER said they'd have 7 singles. ALL they said was they had like 5 or 6 songs TO CHOOSE FROM to be singles.

Some of you guys scare me with your lack of reading comprehension...

Be nice :) There's nothing wrong with some wishful thinking

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
Smitk1592 wrote:
jpmatrixfan88 wrote:

Lmao well i never thought of that. Never really did think of twilight. I dunno! Personally i just see it as more of a movie soundtrack.(Like Van helsing) I could be totally wrong though so i'm not going to say it won't become a single. Just I'd put the infection before that. But for your guys point of view thats valid too cause disturbed has had alot of really personal, emotional videos. They might want to mix it up abit and just have fun with one of them. So i won't jump the gun yet, I could eat my words and the animal may become a single.

LOL, I was kinda just joking about the Twilight comment. But we have to HEAR these songs before we start speculating what the next singles will be. I agree that The Infection is a likely single based off what we have so far.

MistressDisturbed

MistressDisturbed
Stupified
I'd like "Serpentine" and "The Animal" just to see what the videos could be! UP TO SOMETHING

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com