Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 21]

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
tswmcello wrote:they are about to get owned!!

or pwned (though I never really got why ppl say that. It's just a typo to me LOL)

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
A very dangerous girl, Part 4--

A plane with the new Presidential seal taxied to the private terminal at Dulles used only by Madame President and her staff, and the representatives of the various Regions across the country.

This particular flight was at the request of Madame President herself. The prisoners contained on board had been charged with various crimes, the most serious of which was assault against the President of the Republic of America. The prisoners did not yet know the charges, and would not know for several more hours. In fact, they were sequestered in separate rooms on the aircraft, so they didn't even have a clue as to where they really were. All they knew is that the plane took off and landed, but not their ulimate destination, and certainly not their ultimate fate. The only person who knew that was Madame President herself.

The prisoners would stay on the plane until it was time to hear the charges against them. The female prisoner bitched and moaned and complained about how she was being treated. She made demands that she had no right to make, and she was seriously getting on the nerves of the armed guards who were watching her.

"Shut up, bitch!" said one female guard to her prisoner. "You're in a shitload of trouble, so just keep that trap shut! If I hear one more word out of you, I'll fuckin' shoot you! Got that?"

"How dare you speak to me with that tone of voice, you government drone!" Nancy Riley spat at her. "I'll say what I want when I want. YOU got that, bitch?"

The guard then slapped Nancy hard in the face. "I said shut up! Jesus, don't you listen?"

When Nancy recovered, she started asking for her lawyer, and kept that up until the guard slapped her again.

"Your fate has already been decided, you cunt!" the guard said. "No lawyer will be able to help you now."

Nancy still had no idea where she was, only that she was on a plane.

----------

Bill Riley, meanwhile, was deep in thought. Or maybe deep in prayer. He knew he was deep in something. He had not yet connected the dots that his attempted assault on Julia Terranova had anything to do with the predicament he was currenly in.

Oh, but it did have a lot to do with it. It didn't matter anymore that he and his wife sided with the Disturbed Ones. This crossed polticial ideologies. Bill had a feeling that this was a personal vendetta that David Draiman had set into motion because Bill dared to attempt to rape Draiman's lover's 12 year old daughter.

It was a personal vendetta, all right, but David Draiman had nothing to do with it. This had everything to do with Bill's past, and not his present.

Either way, Bill Riley knew he was fucked.

----------

"Madame President, the prisoners have arrived at Dulles," her secretary said. "What you would like to do?"

"Have all the precautions been taken?"

"Yes, Madame President."

"And the firing squad is ready?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Sarah Kathryn thought a moment. Then said, "Have them brought to the execution grounds. Keep them blindfolded and shackled. I've been hearing that the female prisoner has been disruptive. Have the guards do what they need to keep her quiet."

"Yes, Madame President."

After the secretary left, Sarah Kathryn leaned back in her chair. The prisoners will pay for all the hell they put not only Kathy and me through, but that teenage girl Bill was caught trying to rape. Sarah Kathryn loved hearing that Julia Terranova shoved a pistol into Bill's balls and threatened to shoot them off. She's a tough girl for thirteen, Sarah Kathryn thought. She'll be a force to contend with when she gets older.

"Too bad she's on the other side," Sarah Kathryn said aloud. "It would be nice to have a female sharpshooter."

Sarah Kathryn knew better than to try and intice the girl to the government's way of thinking. The intel on Julia, and her mother Jordan, was damning. Julia was a highly trained survivalist and markswoman. Jordan used her public relations skills to get the word out about their opposition to Sarah Kathryn's government. Then there was David Draiman. He had both Jordan and Julia at his disposal. He knew their strengths, their weaknesses, and what they would be willing to do to restore the country back to the way it was... before the committee who really ran the government took over and placed a lawyer in the White House as President for Life.

But, now, Sarah Kathryn thought, it was time to get the abused child's ultimate revenge.

----------

Nancy Riley didn't like being blindfolded, gagged, and shackled to Bill. She didn't like where this was leading, either. She'd all but given up hope for a special hearing to free them from what Nancy considered an unjust imprisonment.

It felt like they walked a thousand miles when they finally stopped and entered a building. It was there that she and Bill were finally able to see where they were.

"Where the fuckin' hell are we?" Bill Riley asked tersely.

"It's the Federal Court House in Washington," one of the guards said. "This is where you will learn your fate."

"No special hearing first?" Nancy asked.

"A special hearing for what? The crimes you've been accused of are quite serious."

"Where's our lawyer?" Nancy demanded.

"Your lawyer was sent back to the MidWest Region because his services were no longer required," the guard said.

"So we're being accused of crimes we never committed?" Bill asked.

"I cannot say anything more until we meet with the committee who decided your fate."

"When is that?" Nancy still demanded. The guard just shook his head. This woman has no idea she's about to die, and here she's making demands? I'd kill her myself if I could.

----------

Sarah Kathryn's hand shook as she signed the executive order to have the prisoners once known as her parents executed as enemies of the state. After she signed it, she felt at peace for the first time since learning of Kathy's death.

As she walked down the corridor towards the viewing box above the courtroom, she decided that she would not make her true identity known until just before the execution took place. The shock on their faces upon learning their oldest daughter was President of the Republic of America, then being shot to death by an all female firing squard made Sarah Kathryn smile. She couldn't save Kathy from her demons, but she could punish the ones responsible for the hell they made their childhood and adolescence into.

----------

The Rileys were led into the courtroom to hear their fate. Bill somehow convinced himself that whatever they said he and Nancy had done was bogus, and that if they could have representation, they could prove it.

However, because Nancy couldn't keep her mouth shut, neither of them would be able to speak during the hearing.

A judge walked in and the baliff said, "All rise! The court of the Honorable Jessamyne Westerbrook is now in session!"

The baliff then read off the list of charges against the accused:

"One count of assault against a minor under the age of sixteen;

"One count of resisting arrest;

"Two counts of repeated sexual battery against minors under the age of sixteen;

"Two counts of repeated verbal battery;

"Two counts of repeated unnatural acts with minors under the age of sixteen;

"Two counts of treason against the Government of the Republic of America;"

The baliff paused, then added the last count:

"And two counts of repeated felonious assault against the President of the Republic of America."

Those in the courtroom gasped when the last count was read. The Rileys just sat there in disbelief. When Nancy recovered from her shock, she cried out,

"We don't even know the President! How could be accused of assaulting her?"

Judge Westerbrook was swift with her tongue: "Another outburst like that, prisoner, and I'll add contempt to all that's already been read."

Then the judge passed her sentence:

"The punishment for just the repeated assaults against Madame President is death by firing squad. I am allowing the maximum punishment for all charges. The prisoners will be executed by firing squard at 6 pm this evening. There is no appeal."

Judge Westerbrook rose from her chair, the baliff calling once again, "All rise..."

The Rileys were led out of the courtroom to holding cells in the execution chamber. For once, Nancy Riley was silent.

And for the former Katie Riley, the lawyer who became Sarah Kathryn Hope, satisfaction that they will never be allowed to hurt anyone else with their sadistic ways.

----------

At five forty-five in the evening, the Rileys were led to the execution grounds. Nancy had somehow found her voice, and protested the "cruel and unusual punishment" she and Bill were about to receive, that they didn't even know the President, and the rest of the charges they had been convicted of were fabricated. Many times, she was told to shut up. "You're going to be executed no matter how much you squawk, so save it for St. Peter!" a guard yelled at her.

At five minutes til six, they were led out to the place they were to stand and had their arms handcuffed behind a thick wooden pole that was about ten feet tall.

They both refused blindfolds. "I want to see the rifle squad as they shoot people old enough to be their grandparents!" Nancy exclaimed.

The charges against the Rileys were read again. When asked if there were any last words, Nancy said, "I'm not going to die for something I didn't do! I've never assaulted the President!"

Just then, Madame President walked out onto the execution grounds.

----------

Cool, calm, and collected, Sarah Kathryn walked to within five feet of the Rileys and said, "Hello Mother, Father..."

"Excuse me?" Bill asked; "Madame President, I think you may have us confused with someone else."

"But I don't," Sarah Kathryn said. "Remember that camping trip in Colorado when I was twelve and Kathy was eight? How you raped us repeatedly in the bed of the truck when Mother was in town getting supplies? How you told us not to scream? I think I have the right people here."

Bill's eyes widened as Sarah Kathryn walked away. Nancy just gasped. Madame President didn't look anything like Katie!

"It had been hot, and the bed was like being placed on a grill. Kathy and I had burn marks on our backs for weeks afterwards. Oh, by the way, Kathy killed herself earlier this year..."

"WHAT?!" Nancy cried. "Kathy died and no one told us?"

"Oh, but you knew," Sarah Kathryn said. "It was in the woods just west of the Disturbed Ones compound. She stuck a Magnum .44 in her mouth and pulled the trigger. Her obituary was in the Chicagoland papers. Oh," Sarah Kathryn paused, "you may have known her better as Dr. Kimberlin Corwin."

Nancy gasped. She'd been taking Julia to Dr. Corwin and had no idea it was really her daughter Kathy?!

"Hope you have a nice trip to hell, Mr. and Mrs. Riley," Sarah Kathryn sneered as she walked away from them. "You've truly deserved it."

As soon as the President was out of the way, the Rileys could see six riflewomen. "But, Katie..."

"FIRE!"

Before Nancy could get "Katie" out of her mouth, she and Bill were dead.

Sarah Kathryn simply just walked away.
----------

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
That bad ass! That kind of power does make someone rather dangerous.

Can't wait for more!

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
whoa.......

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I think I'm done with Sarah Kathryn for a bit. I'm going to concentrate on the goings on between David and Jordan, and Julia and her brothers. I need some suggestions as to how to proceed on either one of those story lines. I do know there's another time jump coming...

So any ideas, suggestions, comments, what have yous that you'd like to share, please let me know! --Stef

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Hmmmm... suggestions... where to go from where you're at now.

Delve a little into their home life, David and Jordan. I wanna see how David "tries to hard to be a Dad" to Julia. I've been wondering about that since you first mentioned that's how Julia felt.

That's just my opinion, Stef.

Vikki

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
More please!

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
No Such Thing as "Normal", Part 1--

David was shocked to receive a call at home from Dan. He had some news for David that would truly surprise him.

The family had just finished dinner, and Julia and Joe were washing up the dishes. Nik had a driving lesson, and Jeremiah was writing college acceptance essays.

David was helping Jeremiah with that when the call came in.

He looked at the phone, and seeing who the call was from, he excused himself to Jeremiah and went into the study.

"Talk to me, brother," David said. "What's so important that it couldn't wait til tomorrow?"

"Well, it seems that the Rileys were executed earlier this evening," Dan said. "In Washington. By order of Madame President of all people."

"I'm really surprised to hear that, Danny," David said. "I knew they had been taken from our incarceration facility for 'a hearing' out of Region, but I had no idea that it was on orders of Sarah Kathryn Hope."

"It appears that Madame President and our Dr. Corwin were sisters," Dan said. "After you asked Mike to bring you Kim's personal papers, I did some digging. Kim had received letters from the Capitol Region, but since they were official looking, and Kim feared being found out as far as her true identity was concerned, she never opened them. Some go back to the beginning of Sarah Kathryn's presidency. Oh, and another thing," Dan paused, then, "They were addressed to Kathy Riley, not Kim Corwin."

"Where did you find the unopened letters, Dan?" David asked.

"In a wall safe in Kim's home office. We literally took it out of the wall and took it apart to gain entry. Everything that related to 'Kathy Riley' was in there."

David took in this news, and was still surprised that Sarah Kathryn used her executive powers to have her parents executed.

"Thanks for telling me this, Danny," David said. "I'm just surprised that Sarah Kathryn's handlers allowed her to get away with it."

"At least Bill Riley won't be tryin' to fuck any more little girls," Dan said.

----------

David went back into the living room, where Jeremiah was typing up yet another essay to a college he wanted to attend.

"How goes the letter writing campaign, Jere?" David asked.

"This is the last one I'm doing! If I don't get into one of these schools, then there's something seriously wrong with the college admissions system!" the 17 year old exclaimed.

"I don't think you have anything to worry about," David said. "We'll probably have a mailbox full of schools begging you to attend their campus by next week!"

"Good thing I can do all the application stuff on the internet," Jeremiah said, "but they still have to send a letter the old fashioned way to tell me I got in?"

"That 'old fashioned way' was the ONLY way it was done when I was contemplating college," David laughed. "You have no idea what torture it was to wait for those letters to arrive in the mail...IF they arrived! I'd rather have a hard copy of an acceptance letter than an email that could be accidently deleted."

Jeremiah had to concede that David had a point. After finishing off the last essay and hitting "send", he logged out of his account and said he was going to see how Nik was doing with his driving lessons.

David sat on the sofa with the intent of watching the news. Then Jordan came into the room.

"Hello, my angel," David said as she sat next to him. He kissed her cheek and she laid her head on his shoulder. This was their nightly routine. They had been together nearly five years, and their relationship was strong. David couldn't have gotten through the last five years without her love and support. She was the sanity when things in his life got crazy. She knew it wasn't easy being the leader of the most powerful anti-government group in the country, and always having a target on your back, yet she understood him. Perhaps more than any other woman he'd been involved with before her, Jordan knew him better than he knew himself.

"How's your day been?" he now asked her.

"The usual," Jordan said. "Send out press releases, arrange meetings, design campaigns...and make sure Julia went to her counselling sessions."

"She's not wanting to go?" David asked.

"It's not that, David," Jordan said. "Julia is the most confident girl I've ever known, but you have to understand that what Bill Riley tried to do to her makes her question a lot of things about herself. I've been in her shoes, but didn't have the benefit of counselling until I got out of prison..."

Jordan stopped talking suddenly. David knew that she sometimes had flashbacks about what happened to her all those years ago.

"Baby...?"

Within a few moments, whatever it was that Jordan saw in the back of her mind went away. "Sorry. I know I've been blanking out more often lately."

"Do you want to see someone about those blank outs?" David asked.

Jordan looked at David. She was always surprised that he seemed to read her mind.

"I've been thinking about it, David," she said. "I can't be an effective leader if I have to talk about the horrible things the illegitimate government does to its prisoners, and blank out because I've been in those places and can't deal with it."

David just held her closer to him on the sofa. Jordan relaxed as David rubbed her back. She knew that David always had her best interests, and those of the children they took in, at heart.

She should've been happy, and for the most part, she was. But something always nagged in the back of her mind that made her question that.

----------

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Is it her love for Morbus, I wonder??

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Possibly... and something that David really wants that Jordan can't do for him.

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Kids... right?

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
yep

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Damn I'm good! lol Dancing David

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
No Such Thing as "Normal", Part 2--

Morbus had been keeping to himself a lot in the last year. He did the jobs that had always been required of him, but he had noticed that certain health problems had started to show themselves, and he really didn't know how to handle that.

He was 26 years old when the illegitimate government took over the United States and Jacob was "killed" at the rally that Jordan was arrested at. That was 13 years ago, and at 39, Morbus was, frankly, amazed that he was still alive. Most people who had been what he had been through would have probably died long before age 39. No wonder David always called him the Indestructible Man!

Still, Morbus knew his time had a limit; a limit that he wanted to extend as long as possible. He wanted to tell Julia he was her father and his biggest fear (if Morbus were to allow himself to feel fear) is that he would die before he got that chance.

Currently, he was concerned about some vision loss he'd noticed the last time he accompanied David to speaking engagements in several Regions. This concerned him on many levels: if he couldn't see, he couldn't protect David from those who wished him harm. If he couldn't see, he couldn't be the assassin he was trained to be. If he couldn't see, there was no need to keep on living.

Except for Julia.

----------

Julia had brought in the mail on her way in from school. It was just her and Joe going to the Academy now, as both Jeremiah and Nik had graduated early with high honors. Nik was even asked to speak at the graduation ceremony and gave all the credit for his academic success to Kiera San Marco.

Julia went through the mail. Everyone had a mail basket in the kitchen, and lately, Jeremiah's had been filled with letters from the various colleges he had applied to.

Nik was going to take a "gap" year (something commonly done in British commonwealth countries) and work at a camp for children orphaned by the conflict between the two factions claiming to be the legitimate government. Years ago, Nik was one of those kids. Then he was taken in, and later adopted by, the San Marcos, because he had no living blood relatives. Of the four of them, Nik was the only one with Peter and Kiera's surname. Jeremiah and Joe kept theirs, as did Julia.

As the others came in from their various points in the community, the first place they checked was the letter baskets. Today, everyone got something in their baskets. Jeremiah got the most, even more than David or Jordan.

"All these letters," Jeremiah said, sitting down at the kitchen table, opening them one by one. "Wow! They all want me to tour their campuses and show me what college life is going to be like!"

"David told you that would happen, didn't he?" Julia said, smiling.

"Hey, congrats brother!" Nik said, hugging Jeremiah. "Which one of those fine overpriced institutes of higher learning are you going to choose?"

Jeremiah looked at the letters he'd opened, and the ones that came in the last couple of days, and said, "I have no fucking clue!"

----------

Julia started getting the stuff for dinner ready so that she and Jordan could prepare it when Jordan came home. David walked into the kitchen as Julia was starting the water for the pasta dish that was that night's meal.

"Pasta again?!" David teased when Julia had turned on the burner so the water could begin heating up. "You Italian girls and your pasta!"

Julia smiled, something that David noticed she had been doing more of lately.

"I'm half Jewish too, don't forget," Julia said; "We could be having matzoh balls instead!" She saw David make a face. He apparently did not have a good relationship with matzoh balls, she thought.

"I can handle any pasta dish you and your mom can come up with," David said. "You've become quite the independent one lately, getting dinner started before she gets home."

"Kiera taught me how to cook all of Peter's family's favorite dishes," Julia said; "There isn't an Italian meal I can't fix. I just have trouble sometimes because you don't eat pork, so I have to get creative."

"If your father were here, you probably wouldn't be eating it either," David laughed.

"You're probably right," Julia said, as she checked the progress of the water. Seeing that it was now boiling, she added the large pasta shells that would later be filled with hamburger, ricotta cheese and garlic. She then turned on the timer and set it for seven minutes.

She then turned to continue her conversation with David.

"You do all that without consulting a recipe?" David asked.

"I do it often enough, I have it memorized."

David wanted to take Julia's mind off dinner for a second. He said,

"I've noticed that you've been calling Jordan 'Mom' lately."

"Well, she is." Julia said.

"Just in the last few months I've noticed this. Before that you always called her by her name."

"I know," Julia said. "I thought about it one day, and I think I did that because I felt I was being disloyal to Kiera. Yet, I didn't call Kiera 'Mom', either. It's kinda weird like that."

"I think I understand that, though," David said. Changing the subject, he said,

"I know that I've tried too hard sometimes to be 'Dad' to you. I never expected to have a young girl in the house who already had two fathers. So if I was over the top with you when your mom and I got together, I wanted to apologize."

"I was a brat, David," Julia said. "I know you tried your best to be a father figure to me when I was younger, and I appreciate it more now. I guess we both had to grow up some, huh?"

"Maybe so, Julia," David said, impressed with Julia's thought process; "maybe so."

The timer then went off and Julia went back to work on dinner.

----------

After dinner, while the kids were busy cleaning up in the kitchen, David and Jordan decided to go for a walk in the woods before it got too dark. Even though it was late spring, the sun was starting to set later and later.

With Morbus at a discreet distance, they started out on their walk. David held Jordan's hand as they tramped through the high grass.

But, David wanted to broach a subject with Jordan that he wasn't sure she wanted to talk about: the possibility of their having little ones of their own.

David knew it was possible to have a surrogate carry their child. He already knew that Jordan had some of her eggs removed after she got out of prison and had them frozen for future use. Her thinking, as she told David when they talked about this before was, "Since I'm not going to be using them..."

"Jordan..." David began, "I know we've had this conversation before, but have you thought about my suggestion of in vitro fertilization and surrogacy to have a child together?"

"David," Jordan said, knowing after their last conversation on this subject that David would bring it up again. "I'm kind of scared to. I don't know what kind of mother I'd be. I didn't get to be a mother to Julia until she was nearly eight years old. But," she paused, then, "I'd do it for you, David. You've been such a good father figure to Julia since she came to live with us, and I've seen you with babies and toddlers at the various rallies we've been to. You'd be a wonderful father..."

"And you'll be a wonderful mother, Jordan," David said. "I know you can't carry a child in your own body, but there are women who want to help couples like us become parents."

"I'll do it just to prove myself wrong," Jordan said. "And because I love you, David."

"I love you, too, my sweet angel."

----------

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
awwww...*snif* so sweet!

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
*wipes a tear from my eye, then breaks sown bawling" THAT'S JUST TOO CUTE!!!!! LOL

tswmcello

tswmcello
Believer
That's cute...but what about poor Morbus lol ?

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Oh, Morbus isn't going to be happy about losing his eyesight. But I think he'll have no trouble letting Jordan and David attempt to have a child. All he wanted was for Jordan and Julia to be happy. He's always put their welfare before his own.

You didn't think this was all going to be blowin' your mind intrigue all the time, did you? LOL

--Stef

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
That's all it's been so far, but I love it! Keep it coming sister!

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
No Such Thing as "Normal", Part 3--

Now, however, was not the time to be thinking about babies, David thought.

He had received several credible threats to his life in the last several months. There were those out there who wanted David out of the way so that the illegitimate government could once and for all be the only government.

The threat David just received didn't target him specifically, but people around him: his bandmates, Jordan, anyone who had daily contact with the Disturbed Ones leader. That included secretaries, couriers, weapons handlers and the like. Not even the kids were spared.

One threat targeted Jeremiah specifically. He would be in danger no matter what college he chose to attend that fall. And then Jeremiah dropped a bombshell of his own that night at dinner.

David had asked him if he had chosen a school to attend, and Jeremiah answered that he had chosen Yale University over such schools as Harvard, UCLA and the University of Southern California. All had been interested in getting the 17 year old to attend their institutions. But Yale had the Journalism program he wanted, and was one of the schools that offered him a free ride scholarship.

Everyone around the table clapped and cheered, and when that died down, Jeremiah said,

"Thanks everyone! I couldn't have done any of this without your love and support. But, I've come to a decision regarding my future, I mean besides school. And that is that I'm taking Joe with me when I leave in August."

Julia looked at Joe and said, "Did you know about this?"

Joe said that he and Jeremiah had discussed it.

"What made you decide that?" David asked.

Jeremiah cleared his throat. "There's a Disturbed Ones group in New Haven that has been very strong in the last two years. The students are rising up against the illegitimate government, something that both the school administration and the bogus government doesn't like."

"I know of them," David said. "I spoke at a rally there just a few months ago at the invitation of their leader, Amber Carson."

"Amber Carson is our sister," Jeremiah said; "Our biological sister. She and our father were arrested when Joe and I were little kids. It's the reason why the San Marcos took us in. Our father died in prison; Amber escaped when she was 17."

"I thought your sister's name was Emily, though," Jordan said.

"It was," Joe said. "When she escaped from prison, she changed her name and got married."

"She and her husband, Drew, have a little girl named Antonia," Jeremiah said. "Antonia was our mother's name."

"I've received information that you would be in danger wherever you decided to go to school," David said.

"I know, David," Jeremiah said. "Amber was interested in me doing for her and Drew what Morbus does for you; bodyguard and assassin. I've had the training and have kept up with it. I'm not asking for your blessing, David. I'm just telling you what I'm going to be up to."

David thought back to the day years ago he placed two young brothers with Peter and Kiera San Marco. Jeremiah was always the outspoken of the two, even then. He wasn't going anywhere without his little brother.

Now, Jeremiah was going to be a college student and Joe would be fifteen soon. David couldn't have been more proud.

"I know you didn't ask for my blessing, Jere," David said, "but you have it anyway. You've come a long way from the scared seven year old trying to be brave and protecting his younger brother."

"Thank you, David," Jeremiah said. "I appreciate everything you and Jordan have done for all of us."

----------

Julia was behind the house when Nik came looking for her. When he found her, he noticed she'd been crying.

"What's wrong, Jules?" Nik asked. "Aren't you happy for Jeremiah and Joe? They get to be reunited with their sister after a very long time."

"All you guys are leaving!" Julia said, wiping her eyes. "I'll be the only one here. I'm not sure I like that."

Nik put a protective arm around his sister. "It's not going to be as bad as you think, Jules. You still have your mom and David. And Morbus. He's always been fond of you."

"Yeah," Julia said; "but they're not you, and Jere and Joe."

"I know it must suck to be the little sister."

Julia nodded her head in the affirmative.

"And besides," Nik continued, "we're always going to be your big brothers, no matter what; and you'll still be our little sister."

"Thanks," Julia said. "Maybe I should stop being such a baby and deal with it."

"That's the Jules I know and love!" Nik said. "Now let's go back into the house. Isn't there still dessert?"

"You and your sweet tooth, Nik, I swear!" Julia laughed.

----------

Morbus hated doctors of all kinds. All they wanted to do was poke and prod and study him. "Ain't you ever seen a disfigured Jew before?" he growled the first time a doctor wanted to run tests to find out how Morbus survived being set on fire.

But, this thing with his vision really started to piss him off.

When he was beaten after it was discovered that he survived being shot, the New Army damaged some blood vessels that fed the eyeballs, turning the whites permanently red. With his dark brown eyes, it appeared to the casual observer that both his eyeballs were red.

Morbus started seeing things in his field of vision that weren't really there, and he wondered if that was a result of being beaten all those years ago, or to his getting older.

His father was an ophthomologist, so Morbus, in his previous life as Jacob, knew a little about what might be wrong with his vision. He knew he had to see someone, so he asked the nurse who came to tend him who he could see to have his vision checked.

"I'll send someone in, okay?" the young nurse replied.

Within moments, an eye doctor was there to examine Morbus' permanently bloodshot eyes. And what he said was not something that Morbus wanted to hear.

"You're probably suffering from some macular degeneration in both eyes, and that could be a result of either heredity or the beatings you received."

"My vision is kind of important, Doctor," Morbus said. "Can there be anything done to repair any damage?"

"You have the beginnings of it," the doctor said. "But it will get worse as you get older. Usually we see it in healthy people around your age. What are you, about 40?"

"I will be this year, yes," Morbus said.

"You realize I have to tell your employers about your condition."

Morbus looked at the doctor and said, "Yes, I know. I'll let them decide what to do about my continued employment."

"Very good," the doctor said, and he turned and left the room.

----------

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Oh shit! Morbus is going blind! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! lol Indestructible

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:Oh shit! Morbus is going blind! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! lol Indestructible

Not right away...not until he finally tells Julia he's her father (after she find out on her own by accident).

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
The Guy Yay! But he's still going blind.. what, I wonder, is David going to think about that? Will Morbus be out of a job?

Now, I think you should go update yourself on Matt's condition in my story. Things have gotten freaky and now I'm at an empass. Suggestions, please?

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
If Morbus does go blind he can still use his other senses...remember all those karate movies out there...the master would sometime blind the student and have him/her use their other senses to sense danger and that way they still could be effiecient...(however u spell that) I think Morbus will be just fine til he is dead....besides David knows that, he wont fire him...

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
You're prolly right, babygirl.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum | Music | Rock, Punk, Alternative | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com