Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Asylum"

(Reprise, late August)

Frontman David Draiman says he's hesitant to call the new Disturbed album "the darkest or the most aggressive" of all the band's records, but fans can rest assured the act hasn't gone soft. Songs deal with post-breakup depression ("The Infection"), religion as a catalyst for war ("Mine") and the Holocaust ("Never Again"), while on the title track, the narrator is tormented by the memories of a lost love. On the somewhat lighter side, Draiman says "The Animal" "deals with being a werewolf."

While the subject matter might not be very different, Draiman says the album represents the band's "strongest body of work."

"It shows a lot of maturation," he adds. "We incorporated more electronic elements and more intricate instrumentation. We have fully developed melodies and more harmonies than previous albums."

Draiman says the band has yet to road-test the songs, a situation he finds frustrating. "It's the debacle of the Internet age," he says. "If you play a new song on the road, it'll be online within 24 hours. It robs everyone of the surprise and it gums things up in terms of the album's rollout plans. I love a lot of things about the Web, but it's a bummer it has taken away our ability to try out our new stuff for fans."

Once the album is out, Draiman says he's excited to play it, and followers will have plenty of chances to see the band this summer and through the fall. "We have some warm-up dates, including a show at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota, and then we really get going in August," he says. "We'll be on the road through the end of the year and then into 2011."

Despite the band's subject matter, Draiman says his goal is to comfort and inspire his fans. "I want to help people find their strength and get them through trials and tribulations," he says. "We have a very loyal base. They know they can count on us to deliver a great record."

Previous album and sales: "Indestructible," 1.1 million (according to Nielsen SoundScan)

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
cool :)

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
the bastards are just teasing us eh haha?

Remiel

Stricken
*gets into time machine to travel to August*
*comes back with new album*
"And I'm not adding it to the trade+downloads section!"

Conker

Conker
The Animal
Awesome.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Awesome!! Can. Not. Wait!!

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
Wasn't Mine one of the tracks left over the Indestructible that didn't get released or recorded then? Title sounds familiar.

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Bound2Fate wrote:Wasn't Mine one of the tracks left over the Indestructible that didn't get released or recorded then? Title sounds familiar.

Yes it was

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
droooooooooooooool sounds so goooooooooooooooooooooooood

babygirlpj2007

babygirlpj2007
Warrior
I want album or snippets now!!! pleeeeeeeeeeze? lol
cant wait cuz i just know the lyrics and the music are gonna be awesome!

Smitk1592

Smitk1592
Down With the Sickness
babygirlpj2007 wrote:I want album or snippets now!!! pleeeeeeeeeeze? lol

Lyrics..? where

zangetsuman

zangetsuman
i want the album NOW! Going Mad

jpmatrixfan88

jpmatrixfan88
Stupified
Smitk1592 wrote:
babygirlpj2007 wrote:I want album or snippets now!!! pleeeeeeeeeeze? lol

Lyrics..? where

They meant to say "I know the lyrics ALONG WITH THE music will be awesome."

Not that they KNOW the lyrics.

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
is it august yet?

IndestructibleMasterofwar

IndestructibleMasterofwar
Stupified
laurieann131313 wrote:is it august yet?

I wish can't wait for this album Disturbed Indestruct

zealouso

Warrior
EXICITING! Drinking Beer Headphones

Droid

Droid
Stupified
This is going to be one long summer.

Arquillius

Arquillius
I think i just came in my pants at the mere thought of this new album. I have to wait til Nov 8th though.... oh that's just a tease.

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
Arquillius wrote:I think i just came in my pants at the mere thought of this new album. I have to wait til Nov 8th though.... oh that's just a tease.
Dude.....you came in your pants....honey can you re phrase that one?

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
lets hope mine is a good track

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com