Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 23 Jul 2010, 20:48

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
bassman47 wrote:My Child is defiantly a song that i'm looking forward to. It's gonna produce a style of emotion that i think we haven't seen in a while, something very, very deep.

Too pumped

Oh, I know that the emotion will be there. This was probably a difficult song for David to write, because of all those emotions, and they will be there in the song, if the short sample that has been posted on YouTube is any indication.

I'll tell you right now, I will cry the first couple of times I hear it. But if there's one thing that Disturbed's music does for me, it's making me face my demons. Facade from Indestructible was like that for me, too. I'm Alive and Pain Redefined from TTF, Darkness from Believe, and Fear from The Sickness have all had a similar effect. This will be no different. I'll be a better person for it in the end, no doubt.

77Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 25 Jul 2010, 23:11

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
bassman47 wrote:My Child is defiantly a song that i'm looking forward to. It's gonna produce a style of emotion that i think we haven't seen in a while, something very, very deep.

Too pumped

Oh, I know that the emotion will be there. This was probably a difficult song for David to write, because of all those emotions, and they will be there in the song, if the short sample that has been posted on YouTube is any indication.

I'll tell you right now, I will cry the first couple of times I hear it. But if there's one thing that Disturbed's music does for me, it's making me face my demons. Facade from Indestructible was like that for me, too. I'm Alive and Pain Redefined from TTF, Darkness from Believe, and Fear from The Sickness have all had a similar effect. This will be no different. I'll be a better person for it in the end, no doubt.

I've noticed that about Disturbed songs. They tend to make you face those demons, whether you want to or not. I had that happen to me with every song from Indestructible. I was in an abusive relationship for about three years. Facade and Deceiver hit home for me. The man is was in the abusive relationship with is the father of my two year old daughter. But, enough about MY past and how I relate to Indestructible. This thread is about Asylum.

I can't wait for the Asylum album. I know I can't stop listening to the song because I DO relate to it. It's a very personal thing to me, but it's really cheesy. But, for a while, that memory was my safe haven for me, but I knew at some point I had to move one somehow, and in some ways I still don't want to.

I'm looking forward to the entire album. I can't wait until August 31.

78Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 25 Jul 2010, 23:55

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
GuiltyPleasures wrote:

Too pumped

I have nothing but respect for a person who can endure anything close to that type of anguish. You are truly a stronger person than I.

79Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 26 Jul 2010, 11:07

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
This album's gonna be the closest one to me out of all the albums. Asylum definitely hit home for me, I know what it feels like to be almost driven to the brink of insanity because of a relationship. David's lyrics always move me, inspire me and make me stronger. I believe that this album is gonna rock the universe!

80Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 26 Jul 2010, 18:57

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
Yumiyuri wrote:This album's gonna be the closest one to me out of all the albums. Asylum definitely hit home for me, I know what it feels like to be almost driven to the brink of insanity because of a relationship. David's lyrics always move me, inspire me and make me stronger. I believe that this album is gonna rock the universe!

Honestly, Asylum has been a song i've been needing for almost a year. It came at a perfect time, personally, as a relapse seemed to be happening and i could literally feel my sanity pulling from me. And the song itself? Couldn't rock any harder!!!

81Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 02 Aug 2010, 07:55

DisturbedHurrican

DisturbedHurrican
IshfWilf - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2 Cover)
Bono said once that it's about a "wandering spirit." They're saying that they tried to love, they tried religion, they climbed mountains, they surpassed what most humans do, but they still haven't found what they are looking for in Life.[/quote]

did you deleted my topic and searched infortmations about my information ;) ?

82Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Thu 12 Aug 2010, 12:06

disturbed fan86

disturbed fan86
Warrior
I wanted to say that song asylum is actually part 2 of the song meaning and song for inside the fire so that means asylum is even though david explained the meaning about asylum but it is also about that david draiman wasn't willing to commit suicide to rejoin his ex-girlfriend so asylum is actually telling more of the story from inside the fire because inside the fire's lyrics are really telling a story so if you listening to asylum and read the lyrics it's telling more of the story from inside the fire.Because I read on wikipedia on david draiman's page that this suicide incident actually played a prevalent part in the making of the asylum album. I wanted to help this information so just incase some people didn't understand that now they know your very welcome.

83Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:35

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Hey Guys sacrifice meaning has been Revealed Check it out

84Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Tue 24 Aug 2010, 11:36

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
Ooooo cool stuff CrowX, but all it does is kill me more as i can't listen to the album RIGHT NOW!!

85Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 29 Aug 2010, 09:03

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Damn...the meaning of My Child is so...heartwrenching

86Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Wed 01 Sep 2010, 03:51

Darth Wraith

Darth Wraith
bassman47 wrote:
Yumiyuri wrote:This album's gonna be the closest one to me out of all the albums. Asylum definitely hit home for me, I know what it feels like to be almost driven to the brink of insanity because of a relationship. David's lyrics always move me, inspire me and make me stronger. I believe that this album is gonna rock the universe!

Honestly, Asylum has been a song i've been needing for almost a year. It came at a perfect time, personally, as a relapse seemed to be happening and i could literally feel my sanity pulling from me. And the song itself? Couldn't rock any harder!!!

I like the both of you needed this Album as well. It hit home with me on almost every song. Without this music, this power I would be lost... Thank You Disturbed

87Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 06 Sep 2010, 08:48

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
Disturbed helps people get through with life :)

88Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Mon 06 Sep 2010, 19:51

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Disturbed has developed so many haters throughout the years. It's so hard for me to see why? They are amazing musicians. They work their asses off with little outside help. They don't fake anything. David Draiman makes songs that are true and so powerful. His lyrics and the music help me with my life. They don't make music for fun. They live for this. Quoting the DOD... "The music take you out of your world for a few mintues, away from your burdens"

89Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Thu 09 Sep 2010, 21:26

KrakenAttack

KrakenAttack
It's odd how "Serpentine" shifts perspectives from 3rd person to 1st person. 3rd person being someone who is witnessing or has witnessed the deception of the succubus, then to 1st person as it's coming from the victim and possibly from the perspective of the succubus it's self.

"My Child" is certainly gut-wrenching, some clues also hint at this relationship David had with the woman. "Why was it only in death, were you redeemed my child" hints that he was denied to be the father or that only after it's death did his ex give him possession.

"Innocence" is a little tricky, because yes attorneys often do take cases for defendants they know are guilty, but it's a necessary evil. Someone has to be the devil's advocate or else the good and righteous be untested and given too much power. Kind funny that our court system is like Freud's Personality Triangle.

Can't wait for the B-Sides.

90Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 10 Sep 2010, 00:13

Overburdened91

Believer
KrakenAttack wrote:It's odd how "Serpentine" shifts perspectives from 3rd person to 1st person. 3rd person being someone who is witnessing or has witnessed the deception of the succubus, then to 1st person as it's coming from the victim and possibly from the perspective of the succubus it's self.

"My Child" is certainly gut-wrenching, some clues also hint at this relationship David had with the woman. "Why was it only in death, were you redeemed my child" hints that he was denied to be the father or that only after it's death did his ex give him possession.

"Innocence" is a little tricky, because yes attorneys often do take cases for defendants they know are guilty, but it's a necessary evil. Someone has to be the devil's advocate or else the good and righteous be untested and given too much power. Kind funny that our court system is like Freud's Personality Triangle.

Can't wait for the B-Sides.

i was thinking the same thing about those songs man...couldn't have said it better

91Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 12 Sep 2010, 23:26

Shadouoni

Shadouoni
The album is pretty good, but not their best in my opinion. But I had a question. Did David ever try to have a child and it died during birth or something?

92Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 12 Sep 2010, 23:37

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Shadouoni wrote:The album is pretty good, but not their best in my opinion. But I had a question. Did David ever try to have a child and it died during birth or something?

David had gotten a former girlfriend pregnant and she miscarried at the beginning of the second trimester (according to a couple of interviews with David where he discusses this). "My Child" is about that experience.

93Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sun 12 Sep 2010, 23:47

Shadouoni

Shadouoni
GuiltyPleasures wrote:
Shadouoni wrote:The album is pretty good, but not their best in my opinion. But I had a question. Did David ever try to have a child and it died during birth or something?

David had gotten a former girlfriend pregnant and she miscarried at the beginning of the second trimester (according to a couple of interviews with David where he discusses this). "My Child" is about that experience.

Damn that sucks. Poor David. He doesn't seem to have the best of luck at all. I wish I could do something for him, but I'm only 15 :/

94Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Thu 16 Sep 2010, 01:47

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
David definitely deserves a family and a good life :)

95Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Sat 16 Oct 2010, 15:53

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
B-side "Old Friend" is about the TV show Dexter and how he has no emotions. He calls his dark side "The Dark Passenger" and how it teaches him "The Code" as a way to channel his violent urges towards people who deserve it. As a kid he was covered in his mothers blood when she was murdered. Now death is just an old friend of his
this is the meaning behind the new song

96Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 29 Oct 2010, 03:35

d1sturb3d0n3

d1sturb3d0n3
According to Disturbed, "another way to die" is a "confirmation of global warming". LOL. first, global warming is a hoax... anyone educated & NOT indoctrinated/brainwashed, knows this to be true... all the "facts" are completely twisted & manipulated to support whatever they want the "facts" to be. 2nd, I love Disturbed, and I have ever since The Sickness.... but come on, this is too much.... more "do as I say, not as I do" from "environmentalists". Al Gore is by far the worst hypocrite; but after this song, it's kinda hard to take Disturbed seriously. Why? They're trying to tell US that OUR pollution (from our car, truck, suv, what-have-you) is killing the world, melting ice, etc. etc.... yet, their Pollution Levels, for ONE TOUR SCHEDULE, VASTLY outstrips any of our car/truck/suv pollution levels over 10 years I'd imagine... and this is their 5th album, so you do the math. Last I checked, in addition to their personal vehicles, they use Tour Buses (plural, as in, more than one), all those Airplane trips to/from.... and they're going to tell us WE should do something? Here's a question for Disturbed: What Are YOU doing, and why do you honestly think YOUR pollution is not the pollution that's melting the ice? (since, after all, you think "climate change", i.e. "global warming", is a Man-Made occurrence) ____________ Aside from that song, kick ass album, like usual.... just, for the love of God, stop trying to preach your half-baked/deluted & hypocritical politics.

97Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 29 Oct 2010, 03:51

d1sturb3d0n3

d1sturb3d0n3
PS: Disturbed stated the b-side "Three" is about 3 teens who were convicted of murder, w/ no evidence to support the charges, but were found guilty because they wore black trench-coats & listened to heavy metal (or something to that effect). While I'm as interested & as eager to hear this b-side as the rest of you... I find this highly suspect, and extremely implausible, it's certainly not in the realm of common sense... and therefore, will look into this topic myself to try & find the facts of the matter. (probably another case of one or more, not finding out the facts, and writing a song about something based on what they heard. After all, with so many unsolved murders, with that logic, anyone wearing black & listening to Disturbed would be plucked off the street & quickly convicted of murder, just to get improved crime stats & conviction rates. For now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, until I can find out more.... just goes to show you though, never just take someone's word or view, and make it your own, without looking into yourself..... whether it be ethical, political, or social issues, you should arm yourself with facts & stand in the fire of truth) (I'll let you know what I find out... but why wait for my post... the topic alone should interest you enough to do at least 1 google search & look into it yourself!)

98Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 05 Nov 2010, 18:25

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
d1sturb3d0n3 wrote:PS: Disturbed stated the b-side "Three" is about 3 teens who were convicted of murder, w/ no evidence to support the charges, but were found guilty because they wore black trench-coats & listened to heavy metal (or something to that effect). While I'm as interested & as eager to hear this b-side as the rest of you... I find this highly suspect, and extremely implausible, it's certainly not in the realm of common sense... and therefore, will look into this topic myself to try & find the facts of the matter. (probably another case of one or more, not finding out the facts, and writing a song about something based on what they heard. After all, with so many unsolved murders, with that logic, anyone wearing black & listening to Disturbed would be plucked off the street & quickly convicted of murder, just to get improved crime stats & conviction rates. For now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, until I can find out more.... just goes to show you though, never just take someone's word or view, and make it your own, without looking into yourself..... whether it be ethical, political, or social issues, you should arm yourself with facts & stand in the fire of truth) (I'll let you know what I find out... but why wait for my post... the topic alone should interest you enough to do at least 1 google search & look into it yourself!)
Im sorry dude i know your new but you really need to use the search before you post. This was put into an interview many months ago. And the guys here put it up and we discussed the whole thing. Its about the West Memphis Three case. And it is pretty factual in fact other bands have wrote songs about it. You don't need to tell us what you found because we already looked it up. BTW I'd read the wiki page. I learned a lot from that. There is even a documentary. And you will find that this site gets disturbed news faster than anywhere else

99Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 05 Nov 2010, 19:07

d1sturb3d0n3

d1sturb3d0n3
golly gee, i so sorry masta! from now on i sure will spend all sorts of time that i don't have, just searching old blogs/forums/posts, to make sure i don't ever, ever, repeat something someone else may have said! ___ Look loser, unless you own this freaking website (which I know you don't) stop trying to police who says what where! Just because you and some others talked about something MONTHS AGO, doesn't mean someone else CAN'T talk about it as well, and in a forum APTLY TITLED FOR THAT TOPIC!... and it sure as hell doesn't mean that everyone who is PRESENTLY on this site, was around to see/read your MONTHS-OLD conversations, so it may be as new to others, as it is (was) to me. So kiss my ass you little jerk off. Just like you hypocrites to be for every kind of free speech, except speech you don't like!

100Asylum Song Interpretation's  - Page 4 Empty Re: Asylum Song Interpretation's Fri 05 Nov 2010, 19:28

d1sturb3d0n3

d1sturb3d0n3
LOL, just noticed... 16 yrs old... no wonder you're such a little douche bag!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com