Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Remiel

Stricken
Bowers wrote:
Remiel wrote:It's too weak for Disturbed.

it's judas priest!!!!

black Sabbath and judas priest basically invented the heavy metal genre so saying it's too weak is just stupid

Then they could have picked a different song. Either a heavier one or one that they could change to their will like they did with Shout 2000 and Land of Confusion. And drop the insults.

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
i thought it was pretty good......not a big jp fan but i like it.

Post Orgasmic Chill

Post Orgasmic Chill
One of The Ten Thousand
Thanks Conor! They did a kick ass job on this song! The Guy

Dracula68

Dracula68
This is kick ass!!

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
didnt like the song to begin with, so i guess im not incredibly surprised i dont really dig disturbed's version. Disturbed is my favourite band and i think they are amazing at covers, but it's jus way to light. It flat out lacks the power and intensity that makes Disturbed great. If it weren't for Davids vocals i wouldnt have recognized that Disturbed was playing the song. i sincerely hope this isn't what the music for the album sounds like.

TheDisturbedOne

TheDisturbedOne
Believer
Remiel wrote:What the hell is this? Did Disturbed fall back into an adolescent stage? Just when I thought I found a band who was beyond this crap. My rating of Disturbed drops another point.

Their earlier covers were awesome because they took an old song, switched it around, and made it their own. This is just a shameless cover played exactly the same way. Wake up people, just because Disturbed played it doesn't make it good.

You gotta think tho bro...the REALLY good covers like Land Of Confusion and Shout were on thier cds...Metal Hammer went to Disturbed and asked.."Hey Disturbed..your a popular metal band..how about quick recording you guys playing Living After Midnight, for this tribute cd of them for our magazine" and im sure they were just like "sure why the hell not" so they did it for a TRIBUTE..its not like they took the amount of time they used for Land Of Confusion and are making the song thier own for thier cd..its a TRIBUTE.

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
I just can't stop listening to this song and thinking, 'This is some new Disturbed... holy shit!'

Arial

Arial
Hell yeah, this is awesome!
:D

Hoemmed

Hoemmed
Dehumanized
Bowers wrote:

it's judas priest!!!!

black Sabbath and judas priest basically invented the heavy metal genre so saying it's too weak is just stupid

But things they used to call heavy metal in back in the days is as heavy as pop novadays....

Like Iron Maiden etc, theres nothing HEAVY on it. rock is heaviest term you can use in this case.

MRST

MRST
Disturbed One
That's real good that song.

boozehound

boozehound
Believer
I'm in a mix with this song, yes it is Disturbed doing it but its weak to there other stuff. Davids singing is near the top of his best and i hope to hear it on the Asylum plus Donegan's solo is in his class maybe under his level of playing. But Wengren and Moyer, they dont get there share of the prize, I'm a drummer meself n i can sort of picture Wengren being bored tracking this song n Moyer tracing n not having a big part overall. From my opinion this track was someone came up during the recordin of Asylum n asked if they would like to contribute to the album

CrossBones3129

CrossBones3129
I think the cover is better than the original but that's just my opinion. I want to download the CD from that blog but the download link is broken, could someone upload somewhere and put the download link here please :) ?

ADisturbed0ne

ADisturbed0ne
Stupified
Hoemmed wrote:
Bowers wrote:

it's judas priest!!!!

But things they used to call heavy metal in back in the days is as heavy as pop novadays....

Like Iron Maiden etc, theres nothing HEAVY on it. rock is heaviest term you can use in this case.

I don't think pop acts like Katy Perry or Lady Gaga are as heavy, or even comparable to Iron Maiden dude. :) I understand what you're saying though, most metal bands coming out these days are faster and more complex than bands like Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden. I call Iron Maiden classic metal, similar to how the Beatles are classic rock, but "rock bands" these days like Nickelback (I do not like them at all) may seem more modernized and "fresh sounding"(What my dumbass friend says to describe them :/) Speaking of Sabbath, if you want a good, classic, heavy Dio-era album listen to Dehumanizer. :) Halford and Dio: GODS OF METAL

1disturbeddrywaller

1disturbeddrywaller
All I can say is OH MY GOD!! This band can do no wrong people... Smiley Face

YourFaçadeCan'tDisguise

YourFaçadeCan'tDisguise
Stupified
I thought the song was awesome perfect song to cover.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com