Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

IndestructibleMasterofwar

IndestructibleMasterofwar
Stupified
I'm curious as to where it came from, if it's an original design or picked up from somewhere. Obviously it resembles the Nazi symbol (black object, white circle, red background).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Darkking

Darkking
Asylum
The swastika (from Sanskrit svastika) is an equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles, in either right-facing (卐) form or its mirrored left-facing (卍) form. Archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates from the Neolithic period and was first found in the Indus Valley Civilization of the Indian Subcontinent. It occurs today in the modern day culture of India, sometimes as a geometrical motif and sometimes as a religious symbol; it remains widely used in Eastern and Dharmic religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

Despite this usage, the symbol has become stigmatized and to some extent taboo in the Western world because of its iconic usage by Nazi Germany, and it has notably been outlawed in Germany if used as a symbol of Nazism (usage of the sign by religious groups is tolerated). Many modern political extremists and neo-nazi groups such as Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging, the Syrian Social Nationalist Party and Russian National Unity use stylised swastikas or similar symbols.

most likey they edited the origenal to keep from offending anybody to baddly for the about reasons while still getting there point across

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
I don't know where exactly it is from, but is most likely an original creation. My guess is that Todd McFarlane didn't want to use the Nazi symbol, but wanted to make the same point.It is a dollar sign, cleverly put together with a Swastika to illustrate Nazi-like imperialism. This is heavy symbolism; it depicts money driving the soldiers in the music video, and I suspect he used Nazis specifically because of their world dominating fascism The Guy

Darkking

Darkking
Asylum
yeah....like i said :P

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
Darkking32 wrote:The swastika (from Sanskrit svastika) is an equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles, in either right-facing (卐) form or its mirrored left-facing (卍) form. Archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates from the Neolithic period and was first found in the Indus Valley Civilization of the Indian Subcontinent. It occurs today in the modern day culture of India, sometimes as a geometrical motif and sometimes as a religious symbol; it remains widely used in Eastern and Dharmic religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

Despite this usage, the symbol has become stigmatized and to some extent taboo in the Western world because of its iconic usage by Nazi Germany, and it has notably been outlawed in Germany if used as a symbol of Nazism (usage of the sign by religious groups is tolerated). Many modern political extremists and neo-nazi groups such as Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging, the Syrian Social Nationalist Party and Russian National Unity use stylised swastikas or similar symbols.

most likey they edited the origenal to keep from offending anybody to baddly for the about reasons while still getting there point across

someone did their homework

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
I had never thought about that symbol before.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com