Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zerstörer

Zerstörer
Sickened
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DISTURBED LOOKING TO EASE BACK ON TOURING
Point Music News provided by Pulse
6/11/2009

Disturbed frontman David Draiman hinted in a recent interview with Canada's Times And Transcript that the band may ease back on the relentless touring schedule its kept for the past 10 years. Draiman said, "I think that we in the future are going to be a little more selective in our touring and not tour as extensively, not cover territories more than once or twice in a cycle, and really kind of make each Disturbed performance an event. I don't think that at our age and with the level of strenuousness that this life requires that we can continue beating the hell out of ourselves the way that we have."

Draiman also said that he leads a "very straight-edge sort of lifestyle" on the road, and doesn't do much drinking or late-night partying in order to protect his voice. He added, "I never understood why so many musicians turn to abusive drug use until I had been on the road for five, six years. And then you begin to understand why they get drawn into it, why they need it, why they need something to carry them over during the times of abandonment, or loneliness, of loss of anonymity, of loss of self, of loss of any stability and normalcy of life."

The singer concludes by saying, "I'm not tired of writing music and performing in front of crowds, but the life of touring, I've been tired of it for a long, long, long time."

Disturbed has been on the road since April 2008 in support of its fourth studio album, Indestructible, and will finish the touring cycle later this month with a series of European festivals. Draiman told us he likes ending the tour in Europe: "I definitely love playing Europe in the spring and the summertime. We're really looking forward to ending the touring cycle with that. And that should be the end of our touring cycle, probably coming to a close first week of July or so. Then it's time to go write a new record."

Disturbed's last show will be on July 3rd in Finland.

Indestructible was released in June 2008 and became the third Disturbed album in a row to debut at Number One on the Billboard album chart. Only six other rock acts have done that: Van Halen, U2, Metallica, Dave Matthews Band, Staind and System of a Down.

The album has sold just over one million copies and is Disturbed's fourth platinum record.

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
they definitly need a break from all of the touring they've been doing.

Nakho

Nakho
Loading The Weapon
ok ok I undestand....but when they will fucking come to south america!!! ? fuuuuuckkk!pissed

never... :Tear:

Queen_Vee

Queen_Vee
Stupified
Its sad to hear that, as I have only seen them live in Manchester once & it took them 3 years to come back anyway.

I hope thats the only thing they are easing back on.

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
all labels are the same they work there artists into the ground why cause they wanna make as much money out of them as they can well im glad disturbed are taking a stand a saying no i wish they would say fuck off to warner lets hope they do one hay lol

LadyCorruption

Warrior
They need to relax a little, shit!

SalamanderJesus

SalamanderJesus
Stupified
They're starting to get on in years these days so it's completely understandable. I'd rather have the band be relaxed and happy rather then have them stressed out all the time.

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
if it prevents them from breaking up im ok with it

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
Well they of course need the rest and david to rest his throat can't mess that up.

Lazarus12

Lazarus12
Believer
Hooray for new album!

Hoemmed

Hoemmed
Dehumanized
Disturbed's last show will be on July 3rd in Finland.

OMFG FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!

LadyCorruption

Warrior
WB Crowx!!!

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
It's good their going to ease back. Sometimes touring gets in the way of creating quality music, and it can create a lot of stress.

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
Yeah, don't want them getting tired and not performing as well.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com