Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

261st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Thu 22 Apr 2010, 14:24

Tai Tnak

Tai Tnak
Immortalized
i have no idea '-.-

271st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Tue 18 May 2010, 04:32

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
I can't actually remember, because my dad listens to rock and metal bands (like AC/DC and Metallica) ever since we were kids. Those might've been my first.

The ones I can remember was:

Rock: Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory album
Metal: Disturbed - Down With The Sickness

281st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Tue 18 May 2010, 05:34

GiveIntoTheNight

GiveIntoTheNight
Loading The Weapon
I listened to Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin that my sister liked. I discovered Red Hot Chili Peppers and White Stripes myself back then. I remember the sound of Down With the Sickness on the radio somewhere back there, I didn't have any Disturbed songs though.

edit: First CDs I owned were Best of the Beast, an Iron Maiden compilation, and Crush by Bon Jovi. I just remembered Blur - Song 2 and We will rock you - Queen, that I discovered in football video games.

291st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Sun 23 May 2010, 23:37

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
my most cherished memory...Metallica - Enter Sandman

301st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Mon 31 May 2010, 10:55

Mr Minio

Loading The Weapon
Disturbed or SOAD. Don't remember.

311st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Sun 06 Jun 2010, 11:14

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
kr0w93 wrote:^Waht songs by KISS do you like? My uncle fucking loves them and I liked God of Thunder and the beginning of Flaming Youth. Been thinking of trying to get into them. In the past month or so I've kinda been stuck in an 70's-80's time paradox mainly listening to Journey, AC/DC, Deth, Tallica, Maiden, Priest, etc.

I liked a lot of their early stuff from the mid 70's, and I liked parts of Psycho Circus (late 90's). KISS was the first band I discovered on my own...and I've been a hard rock chick ever since!

But now... it's all about gettin' down with the Sickness!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

321st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Sat 12 Jun 2010, 06:52

Melloow

Dehumanized
Metallica

331st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Sat 12 Jun 2010, 10:19

IndestructibleWolf

IndestructibleWolf
The first rock band I really listened to was Papa Roach and I got hooked on them with Getting Away With Murder. Sucks their musical talent is going down the toilet.

The first metal band I listened to was Disturbed and I got hooked with the song Hell. Been a fan ever since.

341st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Sat 12 Jun 2010, 10:26

Disturbed1ForLife25

Disturbed1ForLife25
Loading The Weapon
From what i can remember, it was two albums back in 2000, Disturbed, The Sickness (pretty much new right away they were gonna be my favorite band) and Godsmack, Awake.

351st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Sun 13 Jun 2010, 13:53

MrSethGod

MrSethGod
xxxDisturbedxxx wrote:I'd have to say In the End - Linkin Park, but I didn't get too much into the rock scene until a couple months after.

That is my story right there...

Well elaborated: I really got into Linkin Park which got me into rock I guess, but I really only listened to Linkin Park for a while.

Eventually on youtube I watched a related video to a Linkin Park song that got me into Three Days Grace, my favorite rock band to this day.

After that, the third band I got into was Disturbed after hearing Inside the Fire. I thought the song was amazing.

Just there that covers how I got into Alternative, Post-Grunge and Metal. Soon after I got into Rise Against. My musical taste branched out from there so now I like just about every form of hard rock.

361st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Thu 17 Jun 2010, 23:06

Kingston160

Kingston160
Believer
Disturbed Decadence off of NFS mostwanted soundtrack

371st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Fri 18 Jun 2010, 00:00

biohazardousbacon

biohazardousbacon
My first hard rock song was Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit, that's what got me into music in the first place. Then i used to listen to mainstream crap until i heard Disturbed - Decadence.
it all only went up hill from there on.

381st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Fri 18 Jun 2010, 06:33

trucky5

trucky5
First band I ever listened to: Journey
First band that I got serious in to: The Eagles
First heavier band that introduced me to metal: Avenged Sevenfold (I know they're metalcore but they opened the door for me to metal)

391st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Fri 18 Jun 2010, 07:25

disturbedismygod

disturbedismygod
Dehumanized
First band i listened to was Lordi after Finland won eurovision song contest in 2005... lol i cant believe i listened to that shit :D

401st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Mon 21 Jun 2010, 23:19

ForeverShamed

ForeverShamed
metallica - Master of Puppets

411st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Wed 23 Jun 2010, 17:36

Resa820

Resa820
Frik, the first one? I've been listening to rock/metal off and on my whole life, went through a brief (VERY BRIEF) boy band and Britney stage when I was like 12 or 13, but quickly realized that if I kept on that path I would be physically ill for the rest of my life. Hmmm, I guess though for rock it was The Doors, I've loved them for as long as I can remember. Metal had to have been Metallica or ACDC, can't remember for sure... I do know when The Sickness came out I fell head over heels for Disturbed and have been falling ever since. :love:

421st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Sun 27 Jun 2010, 18:51

oohwakakaka

oohwakakaka
i started off with Limp Bizkit, played the SHIT out of "Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water". after that a girl i was seeing introduced me to Static X with the song "Im with Stupid" which gave me the taste for the real heavy shit.

I actually discovered Disturbed completely by accident. DWTS was used as a theme song for this cheesy flash cartoon on Stickdeath.com (anyone remember that shit?? lol that was as good as it got baack then, this was in 2000) i was instantly hooked.

Downloaded everything i could get my hands on with Kazaa, (wow) went out and bought The Sickness the very next day and i've been a Disturbed One ever since.

431st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Sun 27 Jun 2010, 19:04

laurieann131313

laurieann131313
The Animal
i was 11 and my next door neighbor's son was playing this song and a heavy sound i have never heard before......that song is still one of my favorites "master of puppets"....so my answer is metallica.....i became obsessed w/ the genre .....hell, i still am at 35....and now my 15 year old is a huge "bullet for my valentine" fan so, passing it on.

441st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Sun 27 Jun 2010, 20:44

Vioz

Eye of the Storm
thats a hard question considering i was brought up with metal because my bro listened to it all the time.....it was some polish band dont know what song i just cant remember it but still the first band that i was and am into is disturbed

oh and DisturbedIsMyGod i think Lordi won in 2006 :P

451st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Wed 30 Jun 2010, 19:01

YabaDabaJew

YabaDabaJew
Disturbed One
Probably like Metallica or some shit like that

461st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Fri 02 Jul 2010, 20:25

DarkHeartX9

DarkHeartX9
Dehumanized
The first band I listened to would have been Disturbed.

471st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Wed 07 Jul 2010, 09:51

KisameSenpai

KisameSenpai
Down With the Sickness
Metallica For Sure

481st rock/metal band you listened to - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st rock/metal band you listened to Tue 13 Jul 2010, 07:13

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
i thought i already posted here

anyway....

in my case : Queen

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com