Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stereotypes Empty Stereotypes Thu 21 May 2009, 23:44

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
What do you think is the biggest stereotype directed towards any music genre. Feel free to be controversial.

2Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Fri 22 May 2009, 00:17

xxxDisturbedxxx

xxxDisturbedxxx
Loading The Weapon
All metal is screaming.
All emo music is about cutting themselves.
All rap is degrading to women and only talks about drugs.

3Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Fri 22 May 2009, 21:37

tormented_insanity

tormented_insanity
Loading The Weapon
Metal is all Satanic

4Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Wed 17 Jun 2009, 12:57

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
tormented_insanity wrote:Metal is all Satanic
I totally agree with that. that is the biggest stereotype towards metal.

5Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Wed 17 Jun 2009, 13:52

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
S.M.F wrote:

Its a stupid stereotype. People say Slayer is a Satanist band, but the lead singer is Catholic. The only real Satanist metal bands are the Norse Black Metal Bands.

6Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Wed 17 Jun 2009, 15:09

S.M.F

S.M.F
Eye of the Storm
Well once uninformed people have something like that in their minds there aint any way you can change it.

7Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Wed 17 Jun 2009, 22:18

Zerstörer

Zerstörer
Sickened
A news article once said that you shouldn't buy a car with Slayer buumper stickers because people who listen to Death Metal are all addicted to amphetamines and have 4 kids with 3 people. Therefore, I think the worst stereotype is that people who listen to death metal all do stupid things and ruin their lives. If people are going to act stupid and ruin their lives, they're going to do it without any consideration of death metal...

8Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Thu 18 Jun 2009, 02:53

Remiel

Stricken
Zerstörer wrote:A news article once said that you shouldn't buy a car with Slayer buumper stickers because people who listen to Death Metal are all addicted to amphetamines and have 4 kids with 3 people. Therefore, I think the worst stereotype is that people who listen to death metal all do stupid things and ruin their lives. If people are going to act stupid and ruin their lives, they're going to do it without any consideration of death metal...

Yeah, they have gangsta rap for that.

9Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Thu 18 Jun 2009, 09:18

Queen_Vee

Queen_Vee
Stupified
Metal is for fat hairy guys and big women.
Rap is for white boys who think they are black.
Emo is for kids who have no sence of personality & copy other people.. they also want to die XD
Industrial & EBM is for ravers & people who do drugs.

All of these I dont agree with.

I hope I dont fit any of those XD

10Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Thu 18 Jun 2009, 11:28

FaerieCorpsey

FaerieCorpsey
Warrior
What I find annoying is that when you listen to one band people assume you only listen to music of a similar style to the afforementioned band.
That gets my goat.

11Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Fri 19 Jun 2009, 21:43

tormented_insanity

tormented_insanity
Loading The Weapon
You have a goat? lol jk.

Yeah me to. I listen to more than just what Disturbed sings. I mean I listen to David Cook and Kris Allen. That's about as mellow as it gets for rock.

12Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Sat 20 Jun 2009, 08:14

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
tormented_insanity wrote:You have a goat? lol jk.

Yeah me to. I listen to more than just what Disturbed sings. I mean I listen to David Cook and Kris Allen. That's about as mellow as it gets for rock.

who are those two guys?

13Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Sat 20 Jun 2009, 13:41

FaerieCorpsey

FaerieCorpsey
Warrior
lol I go so far as to listen to stuff like fucking Lady Gaga.

14Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Sat 20 Jun 2009, 14:45

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
i can't decide whether she is hot or not

15Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Sat 20 Jun 2009, 15:38

FaerieCorpsey

FaerieCorpsey
Warrior
hmm yeh she's a weird one.

16Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Sat 10 Oct 2009, 09:49

Post Orgasmic Chill

Post Orgasmic Chill
One of The Ten Thousand
Agree with the goat thing...also opposite too. If you listen to TOO many different genres then you are trying to be different? WTF is that? if a song speaks to me then I listen to it. End of story.

Anyone who stereotypes any genre with drugs is doing them to that genre. Lol.

Anyone who thinks that any genre is crap. Just because you personally can't find something to appreciate the sound doesn't mean other people can't.

Anyone who says it isn't music if you can't dance to it. Who says jumping up and down and smashing into people isn't dancing? XP

Anyone who says that all techno music is ten minutes long. It bugs me. Have they heard of Sandstorm? It could be ten mins, but it isn't.

Anyone who says that music without words isn't music. Umm..hello, Beethoven was making music LONG before the Beatles and Tantric.

Anyone who thinks a specific genre is for a specific class of person or color. Rednecks listen to country only. Black people listen to gangsta rap. Stoners listen to Pink floyd. People on E listen to Lords of Acid <-- ok, kind of agree with that for some of their songs. Lol. But you get the point.

Umm..let's see I have tons more complaints but that could be because I am very passionate about all types of music.

And I agree with most everything said on here already about stereotypes.
How about the one where only rap music should be blasted in a vehicle? It makes me laugh EVERY time!
I blast everything on my iPod. Celine Dion, DJ Antoine, Chris Cagle, Journey, Disturbed (duh), Pitbull, Vittorio...and everything else.

17Stereotypes Empty Re: Stereotypes Thu 31 Dec 2009, 13:01

nomasanarquia

nomasanarquia
Warrior
DYLANPCRIDDLE wrote:
S.M.F wrote:

Its a stupid stereotype. People say Slayer is a Satanist band, but the lead singer is Catholic. The only real Satanist metal bands are the Norse Black Metal Bands.

Lol not all norse black metal bands are satanist XD and yes, Tom Araya is catholic. When people ask him why the band writes the shit they do, he just says because its what people like and it has nothing to do with the believes of the band and that they are simply interested in the topic.
But yeah i agree with you. I think the stereotypes for metal are that there's only screams in it, everyone who listens it or makes it worships Satan, It only talks about bad things, You get deaf when you listen to it, etc.

Here's a nice video telling some reasons metal sterotypes are bullshit

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com