Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Sat 04 Feb 2012, 00:03

boozehound

boozehound
Believer
I found this on ultimate-guitar.com

Let’s face it, nobody likes internet trolls. Most internet users however, regard them as little more than an inconvenience. Not Disturbed frontman David Draiman though. According to Blabbermouth, the singer posted the following message on Twitlonger.com. Needless to say, he’s not happy...

"It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that people will go to just to try and get you attention for a brief moment. The computer has become a wonderful and terrible instrument all at once. Within the Internet world, you can be anyone you want to be; the only problem is people often lose touch with themselves and who they really are, and become obsessed with these fantastic personas they try to create online. It's escapist; and while getting away from reality every once in a while can do a person some good, never grounding yourself in reality [isn't] good either. The even more comical ones are the grown adults who become like children; poking at a beehive with a stick, hoping and praying that they will elicit a reaction, and wearing it like a badge of courage that they eagerly foward to their little groups of common Internet junkies, so impressed with themselves that they think they broke through some ficticious wall or actually got someone's attention.

"To all of you pathetic, I-cannot-communicate-with-real-people, still-living-at-home-with-your-parents, can't-get-a-rise-unless-you-get-a-rise, pathetic, troll-like excuses for normal human beings out there; honestly, step away from the keyboard, go outside, get a real job, find someone to love you (if you can), and wake the fuck up. You are worth nothing more than a momentary chuckle, and then your stupidity is simply erased, stands for nothing, and accomplishes... Nothing. You're a momentary distraction, if anything. Like a fart that is blown away by the breeze."

2Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Sat 04 Feb 2012, 01:01

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
BOOOYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!!

3Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Sat 04 Feb 2012, 01:44

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I saw that on Twitter when it was posted and couldn't stop laughing. Then I checked out the Blabbermouth page where the trolls were united. Losers all of them.

I applaud David for this. I loved it!

4Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Sat 04 Feb 2012, 03:15

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
This is just the kind of reaction the "trolls" want out of him. He's only done them a favor. They give as much of a shit about what he says to them as much as David cares about them.

5Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Sat 04 Feb 2012, 08:59

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
well these people ask for it always slandering others online cause they got nothing better to do

6Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Sun 05 Feb 2012, 15:56

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
I find it amusing that Blabbermouth trolls twitter feeds looking for news. Don't they have REAL writers to report on music news? Apparently not.

That said, there have always been those people (my late father called them ”shit disturbers”) who think that negative attention is better than no attention at all from people, be they famous or not. They're just looking for their 15 minutes of ”fame”, or whatever it is they're after by pissing David (or any other person of note) off. It's pathetic, yes, but one of the pitfalls of fame. David handles it well, in my opinion. He even has had to go as far as publishing ”rules” on what he'll accept from people, behavior wise. It's in the current podcast.

That's my .02 US...

7Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Thu 09 Feb 2012, 22:18

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
Wow. Go David, go. :D

As much as I give him applause for going after those idiots, who wants to bet that won't make the difference for the vast majority of them? I've got a feeling that even though he blew up at them, they're still going to be trolls and piss him off.

I really hope those self centered morons don't anger him so badly that he quits Twitter, because I thoroughly enjoy reading his feeds when he posts political news and I like some of the responses he gives to the fans that respect him.

8Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Wed 15 Feb 2012, 21:47

Monster666

Monster666
Stricken
but trolling is fun, im sorry but on this i say screw you david. just because you like attempting to piss people off, only to laugh at their idiotic responses, does not then mean you are a terrible sad excuse of a person, or a still living at home in their 30s or whatever. so whatever, most trolls are just normal people, not people who live in their moms basement, i hate how people like david just assume that all annoying people on the internet are nerdy little fags. maybe, just MAYBE, they do it, because its fun. and it is.

9Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Thu 16 Feb 2012, 09:59

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
Monster666 wrote:but trolling is fun, im sorry but on this i say screw you david. just because you like attempting to piss people off, only to laugh at their idiotic responses, does not then mean you are a terrible sad excuse of a person, or a still living at home in their 30s or whatever. so whatever, most trolls are just normal people, not people who live in their moms basement, i hate how people like david just assume that all annoying people on the internet are nerdy little fags. maybe, just MAYBE, they do it, because its fun. and it is.
Bullshit. A troll is by definition an attention-seeking brat. The only "Fun" anyone could conceivably get out of it is knowing they got that attention. It may be a sweeping generalization, but it's hardly inaccurate; it often still describes the mind and soul perfectly. Behind all the posturing of "I make a good living" or "I have a loving family and a good job" (which I'm convinced is rarely true) is a sad, emotionally-stunted child that clearly didn't get smacked enough by their parents.

People assume too often that their age has anything to do with their maturity. Nearly every "adult" you come across in your day is a child inside, still trying to one-up each-other, still whining when someone else has a bigger, better toy than them and still getting into the same petty arguments as if they were in kindergarten. The only thing that makes you an adult is how well you hide all this. I'm no different, and to a degree, neither is David. But the fact that he works so well around his human flaws is a sign of true maturity, and is why I'll always respect him. You should look into doing the same.

10Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Thu 16 Feb 2012, 22:22

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
Monster666 wrote:but trolling is fun, im sorry but on this i say screw you david. just because you like attempting to piss people off, only to laugh at their idiotic responses, does not then mean you are a terrible sad excuse of a person, or a still living at home in their 30s or whatever. so whatever, most trolls are just normal people, not people who live in their moms basement, i hate how people like david just assume that all annoying people on the internet are nerdy little fags. maybe, just MAYBE, they do it, because its fun. and it is.

Ok dude, let me get this straight. You're saying that you like to go onto different sites- like David's twitter for example (not saying that you go onto his twitter per say and do this)- and post things that sound disrespectful and rude FOR FUN? Really?

Do you realize how you look to the people that read that stuff? You make yourself look immature and ignorant. That's why such a stereotype exists. When you troll like that, you make yourself look bad- like an attention seeking child. The worse and worse it gets the worse and worse you make yourself look.

Going on someone's Myspace/Facebook/Twitter and talking shit or saying stupid shit is ridiculous. No matter how fun it may be, you're only making the other people who read the things you say think that you're a moronic, immature, mama's boy who just sits in the basement/attic/ your bedroom from childhood and makes yourself SOUND like you're so well off, when you're actually crying out for help because you're a miserable child who Mommy didn't hug enough.

Now, I'm not saying that's what you do. But seriously, it goes back to ANOTHER rant that David did that talks about THINKING BEFORE YOU TYPE. Consider your words as your fingers fly across the keyboard or your thumbs hit those keys on your phone, and think about what you're saying and the impression you're giving the 52,351 OTHER people that follow David's twitter page or wherever you go to troll before you go saying stupid shit. The internet is a tool that should be used with responsibility and respect.

Unfortunately, there are so many others that share your opinion and the emotion you elicit is pity. Trolling is... PITIFUL. Find something else to do to entertain yourself.

11Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Sun 19 Feb 2012, 05:11

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
That was out of line. Going to people's pages and saying shit about them is fun? I'd like to see you troll someone in front of them. Trolling someone just because it's fun is not fun. It's only fun if both sides get the joke and laugh it off. But this, what people do just to piss other people off is not fun. It's rude, it hurts feelings, and it may take a psychological toll on them.

You know, that posts rings of some of the reports I hear on tv. You know those two boys that kidnapped a 3 year rold and tortured him till he died? They did that for FUN. Not that I'm associating trolls with murderers, but your definition of fun is wrong.

Personally, I think trolls are cowards. You know why? Because they relish stabbing people from behind, hiding behind their keyboards and the internet. I somewhat applaud people who tell David to his face that he sucks, because at least they have the balls to do that. But trolls? No balls whatsoever.

12Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Sun 19 Feb 2012, 15:01

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
You weren't talking about what I said, were you Rei?

13Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Sun 19 Feb 2012, 19:35

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
I was talking about Jaron's post. Lol sorry I didn't indicate xDD

14Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:17

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
It's cool. I was making sure.

15Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Empty Re: Disturbed Frontman Blasts Trolls Wed 22 Feb 2012, 13:17

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Yumiyuri wrote: and it may take a psychological toll on them.
In my opinion, if something somebody (that they dont even know) says over the internet takes a psychological toll on you, you probably already have some kind of psychological issue to begin with. There is a power button and an X button on a computer. It's not that hard to press it and relieve yourself from a situation. Not that I'm agreeing with trolling. Sometimes its way out of line. Other times, its used to show how over-serious people are about the internet. Over-serious people crack me up.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com