Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Mon 09 May 2011, 20:25

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
I've noticed in TTF and Indestructible Disturbed used "the guy" voice in the background or mixed with David's voice at times. It's prevelant in the song "parasite". But, I cant find where they used it in Asylum, if at all. Anyone care to point the voice out to me where its used in Asylum?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Mon 09 May 2011, 22:03

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
The fuck do you mean "The Guy" voice?.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Mon 09 May 2011, 22:29

Conker

Conker
The Animal
Think he means the background whisper type speaking from David. Specifically "We are the ones that will open your mind" in Ten Thousand Fists, and "You fucking parasite" in well.. Parasite.

My guess?

4Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Mon 09 May 2011, 23:12

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Conker you are correct.

5Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Mon 09 May 2011, 23:28

TheDarkDestroyer520

TheDarkDestroyer520
Disturbed One
The guy voice is in the bridge from the second chorus to the last chorus on Serpentine for sure.

6Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 10 May 2011, 01:20

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
"Come on, Mother fucker" in "The Infection".

He features it in "Warrior", "Come on, bring. You don't see it. Better believe it!"

During "Asylum", during the bridge. *Guy voice is in Italics and parentheses "In the end there will be no suffer in, (More suffering), In the end you will find out everything, (Not everything), In the end you may question your belief, (What belief?..."

Just a couple examples.

7Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 10 May 2011, 05:56

MMEggman

MMEggman
Loading The Weapon
Haha, I always discern that voice from being Draiman. Singing = Draiman ... Deep whisper voice or growls = The guy

:D

Anyway, Asylum pre-chorus and bridge, The Infection just before the solo, Warrior pre-chorus and bridge, Never Again intro, The Animal "You're mine", Crucified bridge, Serpentine bridge, My Child "What is right" and very subtle as backing vocals in the chorus, Sacrifice backing vocals "Everyone is so paranoid" "I'll no longer be paranoid, no more reason to be annoyed", Innocence intro and backing vocals in verses and bridge AND outro, Old Friend backing vocals in verses, Leave It Alone backing vocals in pre-chorus.

Have I missed any? Sidenote: How is it possible to NOT notice these especially if you're looking for it?

8Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 10 May 2011, 10:31

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
MMEggman wrote:Haha, I always discern that voice from being Draiman. Singing = Draiman ... Deep whisper voice or growls = The guy

:D

Anyway, Asylum pre-chorus and bridge, The Infection just before the solo, Warrior pre-chorus and bridge, Never Again intro, The Animal "You're mine", Crucified bridge, Serpentine bridge, My Child "What is right" and very subtle as backing vocals in the chorus, Sacrifice backing vocals "Everyone is so paranoid" "I'll no longer be paranoid, no more reason to be annoyed", Innocence intro and backing vocals in verses and bridge AND outro, Old Friend backing vocals in verses, Leave It Alone backing vocals in pre-chorus.

Have I missed any? Sidenote: How is it possible to NOT notice these especially if you're looking for it?

That's my question. I notice them every time I listen to Asylum. It's hard not to discern them from the rest of the vocals because they're so different. "The Guy Voice" is an awesome part of every Disturbed Album.

9Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 10 May 2011, 19:57

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
Calling it "The Guy Voice" just makes me cringe with corniness, man. Being a musician, I've always just acknowledged it David in a different key, and I've never imagined it as "demonic" or "The Guy like", ever... So it's weird to me. lol

10Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 10 May 2011, 21:01

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
I've always thought of it as David growling and it's one of the more awesome parts of every Disturbed album. This is the first time I've heard it called "The Guy Voice".

11Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 10 May 2011, 21:48

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Idk why I call it "the guy" voice when david whisper-growls lyrics. But, I dont only mean when he is whispering, I'm mainly refering to parts like around 2:50 in Run, the backing vocals in Parasite saying "you know why" and "you fucking parasite", The Game at 3:01-3:02 on the 10th Aniv Edition, the beggining lyrics of Overburdened, and parts in other songs I have not memorized. It's mainly on the Indestructible album. David's voice has obviously been altered with in the studio in these parts. I guess I'm just trying to find the deeper growl voice that the studio has messed with (but theres not many because David's voice is just that fucking awesome).
Oh right I forgot about "come one mother fucker" in The Infection. I dont listen to that song much because I really only like the solo.

12Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 10 May 2011, 22:27

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
I know that voice is used in Innocence.

13Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Wed 11 May 2011, 01:28

Brandon Kuhn

Brandon Kuhn
Disturbed One
He laughs in the background in the song Leave It Alone. If you listen carefully he speaks in the backgroumd of the where David say "Terror is coursing in me....." in Asylum. Innocence sometimes.

14Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Thu 12 May 2011, 11:59

MRST

MRST
Disturbed One
At the beginning of "Inside The Fire" you can hear "The Guy's laughing" and in "Down with the Sickness" you can hear "The Guy's shouting/growling" .... ^^

15Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Thu 12 May 2011, 19:07

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
In inside the fire thats just david's awesome laugh, not what i'm looking for. It's in Torn alot.

16Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Thu 12 May 2011, 19:37

disturbedsikkness

disturbedsikkness
Believer
ShockAndAwe wrote:In inside the fire thats just david's awesome laugh, not what i'm looking for. It's in Torn alot.

... How is the rest of this not just David's awesome noises? O.o

17Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Thu 12 May 2011, 21:00

Disturbed1forEternity

Disturbed1forEternity
God of the Mind
disturbedsikkness wrote:
ShockAndAwe wrote:In inside the fire thats just david's awesome laugh, not what i'm looking for. It's in Torn alot.

... How is the rest of this not just David's awesome noises? O.o

I totally agree, but some people feel the need to distinguish the two; like the Guy is an entity all his own.

18Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Thu 12 May 2011, 22:13

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
In some you can tell its been distorted somehow in the studio.

19Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 17 May 2011, 00:09

chasetheguy

chasetheguy
Stupified
Disturbed1forEternity wrote:I've always thought of it as David growling and it's one of the more awesome parts of every Disturbed album. This is the first time I've heard it called "The Guy Voice".
yeah same here i didnt think of it that way! The Indestructible O

20Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 17 May 2011, 12:23

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
yeah, i've always thought of them as

david's natural clear vocals & david's natural growling

lol

21Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Tue 17 May 2011, 18:33

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
Its in the back vocals of torn alot, and haunted and in the whispering vocals of enough.

22Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Thu 19 May 2011, 10:43

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
disturbedsikkness wrote:Calling it "The Guy Voice" just makes me cringe with corniness, man. Being a musician, I've always just acknowledged it David in a different key, and I've never imagined it as "demonic" or "The Guy like", ever... So it's weird to me. lol
I completely agree, I am also a musician and, no offence, but calling it something other than that which it is, is stupid. Are we gonna call Dans background guitar riffs "The Guy Riffs" now too? The Guy is a mascott, a face for disturbed and nothing more. Idk I think some people are taking this thing way too far.

23Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Thu 19 May 2011, 22:25

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
I dont imagine "the guy" singing. It's just a deep whisper growl voice manipulated in the studio and the only name I could give it to differentiate it from his singing was the guy voice. Most of the time, that voice is layed behind davids voice as he's singing.

24Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Fri 20 May 2011, 01:24

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
i think david is growling on his own - not computer modified

am i wrong?

25Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Empty Re: Asylum & "The Guy" Voice Sat 21 May 2011, 02:05

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
The majority of it is his own voice. I might be wrong but like near the end of run when he growls "welcome the end" its modified. That's what I'm talking about

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com