Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Asylum Album Sales? Empty Asylum Album Sales? Sun 30 Jan 2011, 12:02

LittleWildman

Stupified
Does anybody know how many sales Asylum has made to date? Was just wondering if it's close to platinum yet and I'm not sure where to find out.

2Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Sun 30 Jan 2011, 21:13

TheDarkDestroyer520

TheDarkDestroyer520
Disturbed One
Its not even gold yet......so it will be interesting if Asylum becomes platinum or not.

3Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Sun 30 Jan 2011, 21:54

alexling88

alexling88
Inside The Fire
WOW THAT IS REALLY SUPRISING!!!!!!!

4Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Mon 31 Jan 2011, 00:13

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
billboard.com may have that information, since the album did debut at #1.

You might also try the band's official website... they'd definitely would have something on album sales if the album has gone gold.

If I run across that info, I'll certainly post it.

5Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Mon 31 Jan 2011, 02:41

TheDarkDestroyer520

TheDarkDestroyer520
Disturbed One
Well it came out with 180K sold first week, compared to Indestructible which did 250K. I think Asylum is sitting at around 450K sold in the US right now, so it should go gold in about a month or so, probably by the end of the second leg of MaaW 5.

6Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Mon 31 Jan 2011, 02:53

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
Here's where you can stay posted. They don't track anything under a Gold though. Neilsen SoundScan does that, and you need a subscription to view it (usually only managers, executives and journalists can get those).

Last edited by WickedKnightAlbel on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 07:56; edited 1 time in total

7Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Tue 01 Feb 2011, 06:24

third alarm

third alarm
TheDarkDestroyer520 wrote:Well it came out with 180K sold first week, compared to Indestructible which did 250K. I think Asylum is sitting at around 450K sold in the US right now, so it should go gold in about a month or so, probably by the end of the second leg of MaaW 5.

^^^^^^^^sources out there have them at 447,900 last week. Selling about 4 - 5k per week.. Dancing David ....raaaaah

8Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Tue 01 Feb 2011, 10:23

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
they will get to gold even platinum trust me they do need to do an awesome tour edition of asylum to boost sales some more i will buy it if its got good content on it like those 2 bonus tracks maybe even a dvd with some music vids and a live show now loads would buy that am i right guys disturbed have always listened to us well listen to us now and u will achieve platinum this way

9Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Wed 02 Feb 2011, 06:59

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
This leg of MAAW surprised me a lot. Why can't they just do what they did during MAWW2 and play almost their whole album with some b-sides... You figure they would play most of their new songs to promote Asylum, so what gives? It's starting to feel like they're relying on their old hits too much. Don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with that, but if they continue to do that then they'll die off like the rest of the bands that came out near y2k. I really would like to see David sing the new album live... minus 3 songs and a b-side or 2 with Stupify and DWTS to end the show...

10Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Wed 02 Feb 2011, 07:14

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
they're trying to please everybody they best way that they can

maybe there are people who see them now for the first time and would give anything to hear older hits live, as well as new ones

they're not going to die off, on the contrary.

11Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Wed 02 Feb 2011, 17:39

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
PoisonIvy wrote:they're trying to please everybody they best way that they can

maybe there are people who see them now for the first time and would give anything to hear older hits live, as well as new ones

It is impossible to please everybody. I can understand people seeing them for the first time, but as for me, if they keep just playing their "hits" I will lose interest in seeing them live, especially since they've only been playing larger venues lately. Some bands play their newest album in its entirety then play a mix of the rest. Disturbed could do that to promote Asylum if they were playing for more than a measly hour. Or they can change up the setlist quite a bit night to night...

Anyways, how much is Gold? Half a million? Album sales are really dropping these past few years. I remember when I saw Disturbed after TTF released David said how they had just hit platinum(I think) and it had only been out for 4 or 5 months.

12Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Wed 02 Feb 2011, 18:48

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
i do want to see more different songs being played i will agree with you there for instance on some nights they could play voices on other nights stupify do the same on all the albums just mix it up guys a little more cause most people who are your fans have been to the shows more then once so it is time they did they got enough of a catalog to do so just a couple here and there.

13Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Thu 03 Feb 2011, 09:03

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
Bound2Fate wrote:
PoisonIvy wrote:they're trying to please everybody they best way that they can

It is impossible to please everybody. I can understand people seeing them for the first time, but as for me, if they keep just playing their "hits" I will lose interest in seeing them live, especially since they've only been playing larger venues lately. Some bands play their newest album in its entirety then play a mix of the rest. Disturbed could do that to promote Asylum if they were playing for more than a measly hour. Or they can change up the setlist quite a bit night to night...

Anyways, how much is Gold? Half a million? Album sales are really dropping these past few years. I remember when I saw Disturbed after TTF released David said how they had just hit platinum(I think) and it had only been out for 4 or 5 months.
Yeah, it's going to be harder for music artists as a whole to land platinum hits from now on...especially since downloading music is becoming the norm...give it 2 or 3 years, music stores will force to fold or force to ally with other music store companies...

14Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Thu 03 Feb 2011, 17:14

ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
Asylum
I've been a huge fan for nearly 7 years and I've only been to one live show. Them money just isnt there. There are tons of people who are huge fans who have not been to a show yet, and would love to see them play whatever songs they wanted to. The problem is, Disturbed only has one hour to play. They should hit some smaller venues with less and smaller bands so they can have a much longer playing time.

15Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Thu 03 Feb 2011, 19:15

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
idc they should have one tour dedicated too just new music. im seen disturbed twice and wanna hear new stuff. im a diehard fan like many of you

16Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Sat 05 Feb 2011, 23:28

slamer80

slamer80
Believer
If you wanna see them change, you better tell them to do so. As they have said thousands of times, they do it for the fans and to let the new ones hear their old songs. Nothing will change, if you just HOPE, you need to spread your word. Their playing their old stuff for US, not them selfs.

17Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Wed 02 Mar 2011, 16:18

TheSalX1995

TheSalX1995
Well, Avenged Sevenfold's "Nightmare" has been certified Gold, then I think Asylum actually sold more than 500,000 copies.

I think that because, Nightmare sold about 163,000 copies in first week... then only 5 weeks later Asylum opened with 179,000. A short difference.

18Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Wed 02 Mar 2011, 19:59

third alarm

third alarm
Albums become certified gold/platinum/etc. with that amount shipped not sold.
Nightmare and Asylum have been selling very similarly......

In the US......at the date of Feb. 24, I'm seeing A7 selling about 5,710 putting them at #121 for the week bringing the total roughly to 478,010.

Asylum coming in at #126 moving 5,490 copies bringing it up to 473,190 sold.....

So if Nightmare had been certified gold, we should soon be an Asylum announcement goin gold..

The Indestructible O

19Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Tue 05 Apr 2011, 07:55

WickedKnightAlbel

WickedKnightAlbel
Dehumanized
David said on Twitter that despite what the RIAA says on their website, Asylum has already gone gold and the plaques are being sent to the band now.

20Asylum Album Sales? Empty Re: Asylum Album Sales? Tue 26 Apr 2011, 12:57

TheSalX1995

TheSalX1995
New RIAA's page design, and a New Gold album! :D
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com