Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Read the article here.
A judge issued a ruling that the file sharing service LimeWire be permanently shut down because it engaged in allowing users to illegally download copyrighted material.

The record companies that sued Lime Wire included Arista, Atlantic, BMG Music, Capital, Elektra, Interscope, LaFace, Motown, Priority, Sony BMG, UMG, Virgin, and Warner Brothers. <---figures, huh?

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
guess it was only a matter of time. stupid coorporate takedowns. hopefully pirate bay can stay around for a long time.

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
And who wants to bet that Disturbed is shaking their heads at their record company? Cause we all know how they- David especially- feel about situations like this.
And with that said, they're probably contemplating on switching their contract to Intoxication Records xD

On the other hand, I've heard from others that LimeWire isn't all it's cracked up to be, so maybe it's just as well? But I'm not one to talk, mainly because I've never used LimeWire. So, I'll shut up now.

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Animal-of-The-Night wrote:And who wants to bet that Disturbed is shaking their heads at their record company? Cause we all know how they- David especially- feel about situations like this.
And with that said, they're probably contemplating on switching their contract to Intoxication Records xD

On the other hand, I've heard from others that LimeWire isn't all it's cracked up to be, so maybe it's just as well? But I'm not one to talk, mainly because I've never used LimeWire. So, I'll shut up now.

I have used it on occasion, and I liked it because I could get some rare music from users on the site. I'm sorry that it had to stop because of corporate greed.

As for Disturbed going with Intoxication... that's their own label, and they need support from WBR in order to make it work, or so I understand (if I'm wrong, someone will correct me I'm sure! LOL). I hope that they do go with another major label, or attempt to run Intoxication independently of a major label. I think they have Art of Dying on Intoxication, so who knows what they'll do.

And David shaking his head at the record companies refusal to see the future of the industry, I can totally see that. He's mentioned it in at least one interview that I've seen on the net.

Animal-of-The-Night

Animal-of-The-Night
Loading The Weapon
GuiltyPleasures wrote:As for Disturbed going with Intoxication... that's their own label, and they need support from WBR in order to make it work, or so I understand (if I'm wrong, someone will correct me I'm sure! LOL). I hope that they do go with another major label, or attempt to run Intoxication independently of a major label. I think they have Art of Dying on Intoxication, so who knows what they'll do.

Yes. I'm aware that that's their own label. I was being a smart ass. Sorry if it didn't come off that way. xD

apks94

apks94
Limewire being shut down doesnt bother me since I've never used it. I've always heard stories about people getting Spyware, Malware, and Trojans. I use Vuze.

Another mention is that when I do download music. If I like it enough, I go out and buy the CD.

Last edited by apks94 on Thu 28 Oct 2010, 02:01; edited 1 time in total

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
apks94 wrote: I use Vuze.
Another mention is that when I do download music. If I like it enough, I go out and buy the CD.

I'll have to check out Vuze. And I've always gone out to get CDs for music I don't already own. I'd been getting Disturbed b-sides from LimeWire because I'm cheap and don't want to use iTunes LOL

And Animal-of-the-Night: I always err on the side of caution, especially on message boards and instant messenger services. I thought it might be a smart ass comment, but I couldn't be sure. Don't worry about it. I'd rather have too much info than not enough.

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
4shared.com has decent enough downloads. But if I had the chance, I'd go buy the CD. No viruses, no waiting for downloads :D

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
yea that place hasn't been secure for a long while now i used to use it when it was in its experimental beta stage 8 years ago now the fbi watches every move all of you make on the thing so don't go near it cause they will record your isp and some they go after especially in the united states too

slamer80

slamer80
Believer
Ravensclaw wrote:yea that place hasn't been secure for a long while now i used to use it when it was in its experimental beta stage 8 years ago now the fbi watches every move all of you make on the thing so don't go near it cause they will record your isp and some they go after especially in the united states too

damn, that sucks. Btw, how did you know?

Dawn_Cato

Dawn_Cato
Global Moderator
Another one bites the dust....

TheOneYouForsaken

TheOneYouForsaken
Loading The Weapon
Frostwire FTW XDD

Bowers

Bowers
Immortalized
not used it in years....guess i wont be able to anyway

DarkHeartX9

DarkHeartX9
Dehumanized
I never used LimeWire...I heard it was the breeding ground of viruses...

4everDisturbed

4everDisturbed
Inside The Fire
Piratebay ftw. hahaha

LoneSoldierRyan

LoneSoldierRyan
Disturbed One
Help us stop this shit sign this petititon. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MMEggman

MMEggman
Loading The Weapon
I use limewire... I don't use it as much anymore now that I can afford the albums but I use it when there's just one song I want and not an entire album. I never got a virus off it.
I'm not too phased, though. I'll just find another place to download the one off song that I want every couple of months.

...Are we still not over the downloading music stage yet?

Pyro Maniac

Pyro Maniac
Haunted
Man i hate this but frostwire is better anyway :D

dstrbd

dstrbd
Disturbed One
THIS IS BULLSHIT MAN!

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
Since I originally posted this, I've downloaded Frostwire, and it's so similar to Lime Wire it's not funny. The only thing I hate about it is that everything I look up has some kind of "LIMEWIRE LAWSUIT" bullshit attached to it. So I haven't used it as much. I'm considering getting rid of it anyway.

Maybe I'll just breakdown and use iTunes, even though I don't have an iPod, iPhone, or iPad.

Kingston160

Kingston160
Believer
GuiltyPleasures wrote:Since I originally posted this, I've downloaded Frostwire, and it's so similar to Lime Wire it's not funny. The only thing I hate about it is that everything I look up has some kind of "LIMEWIRE LAWSUIT" bullshit attached to it. So I haven't used it as much. I'm considering getting rid of it anyway.

Maybe I'll just breakdown and use iTunes, even though I don't have an iPod, iPhone, or iPad.

iTunes is useless unless you have a ipod and there are other ways (cough winrar cough) to get free music. these ways are a little more complicated but mostly virus free and don't damage your computer very much if at all.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com