Question about Uproar Songs

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Question about Uproar Songs on Sun 05 Sep 2010, 16:44

codycameron09

Disturbed One
OK, we all know that Asylum is now officially released and Disturbed is now on tour in the Uproar Festival. Because its a festival, however, they can only play 60 minutes of songs and most of them have to be the "big hits" along with some new material. This is perfectly fine. However, John Moyer stated in a video before the release that once the new album is out, they would be able to play much more of the new material during the tour.

Well, it's been nearly a week since Asylum was releasedto the public. So... when the hell is Disturbed going to start playing more new material? I'm sorry, but I'd rather see the guys jam to The Animal then watch them play Prayer or even Stricken for the 500th time!

Does anybody have any idea when they might begin playing "newer" material on this tour? There are some who say that only Asylum and AWtD will be played, but that's BS; during the Mayhem Festival, they played four songs from Indestructible (which was new at the time). So what's the hold up? I know I might seem "anxious", but I can't help it. I just want to know what new songs they will be playing.

Thanks!

(Here's the video of John talking about the new material)

Asylum Guy

View user profile

2 Re: Question about Uproar Songs on Mon 06 Sep 2010, 02:01

GuiltyPleasures

Global Moderator
I'm going to Uproar on Wednesday, so I'll let you know...

Your Humble Global Moderator,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gonna fight the war and use my music as a weapon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

3 Re: Question about Uproar Songs on Mon 06 Sep 2010, 06:55

Willistor

Stupified
I would assume they wont, David said it's more of a greatest hit thing since they only have 65 minuets to play. I'm sure they'll go back out shortly after uproar for an Asylum tour.

View user profile

4 Re: Question about Uproar Songs on Mon 06 Sep 2010, 19:23

codycameron09

Disturbed One
Willistor wrote:I would assume they wont, David said it's more of a greatest hit thing since they only have 65 minuets to play. I'm sure they'll go back out shortly after uproar for an Asylum tour.

I know he said it was a "greatest hits" kind of show. But he and the other band members have also stated on how they are excited to play more new songs once the album is out.

Oh well, I'll still go see them at Uproar because they are awesome! And when they come back to Sacramento, I'll see them again for Music as a Weapon V!!!

Still, keep me posted on any new activity. I look at setlist.fm everyday for updates. Maybe in the next week or two, I'll see them playing The Animal instead of the Sickness medley. Despite it being awesome, they should have waited for MAAWV to play it and share more new stuff.

View user profile

5 Re: Question about Uproar Songs on Wed 08 Sep 2010, 00:14

This is only the first tour. Being a musician myself i can tell you that the main key point behind this tour is to hype the album. Not so much the other way around. Play some of your best stuff mixed in with some new stuff to excite the crowd and show them: "this is our best but here is a few new songs.". As dave and everyone in the band has already said...can't do much. Plus with the production in the show kinda hard to change things around mid run.

View user profile

6 Re: Question about Uproar Songs on Thu 09 Sep 2010, 01:02

codycameron09

Disturbed One
Themonsterlives wrote:This is only the first tour. Being a musician myself i can tell you that the main key point behind this tour is to hype the album. Not so much the other way around. Play some of your best stuff mixed in with some new stuff to excite the crowd and show them: "this is our best but here is a few new songs.". As dave and everyone in the band has already said...can't do much. Plus with the production in the show kinda hard to change things around mid run.

True, true. But if they have planned on playing newer material once the album is released, it is most likely they have already planned some theatrical things to go with the new songs. They just haven't had a chance to play them yet live yet.

Either way, I'll be happy hearing them play Liberate, LoC, and Indestructible. Still, I was really hoping I could mosh to The Animal. 'Sigh', guess I'll have to wait until next tour. No biggie.

View user profile

7 Re: Question about Uproar Songs on Fri 10 Sep 2010, 02:30

codycameron09

Disturbed One
GuiltyPleasures wrote:I'm going to Uproar on Wednesday, so I'll let you know...

So what did they play?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion