Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 18:25

Demonic

Demonic
i think theres a recording error on Asylum, ISHFWILF track takes about 1 min and 35 second to start, its pure nothing before that. i've checked it on the disc itself and on itunes and its got a big gap.

2wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 18:26

DarkHeartX9

DarkHeartX9
Dehumanized
Thats how it is dude...It's supposed to be a hidden track...

3wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 18:31

Demonic

Demonic
thats still a pretty big gap tho.

4wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 18:45

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
It's a hidden track...they usually have a gap like that to make it "hidden." But, I've seen on other albums with hidden tracks where it counts down to it and you can skip right to the track if you play it in your car or something. They didn't do that with this one which is annoying because you either have to wait or manually fast forward the song.

5wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 19:02

LittleWildman

Stupified
You can do what I did and cut the silence out of the song on Adobe Audition or some other audio editing software.

6wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 19:29

Brandon Kuhn

Brandon Kuhn
Disturbed One
I tunes allows you to edited the time too. Go to get info on the song click optons and where it say start time and type in 1:36 or 1:35. Then you can either keep it that way or you can burn it on a CD and upload it again like how I did.

7wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 19:33

Supersonix07

Supersonix07
Stupified
I have a version where I cut the silence. I'll pm it to people if they want it.

8wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 20:23

disturbedfan431

disturbedfan431
Believer
Yea thats usually what they do with hidden tracks and shit
on some other album's i noticed that the silence is about 7 to 8
minutes before the hidden track starts....

9wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 21:30

disturbedlepgirl

disturbedlepgirl
Loading The Weapon
i'm listening to it now, killer vocals as usual and since i'm a huge U2 fan, I'm glad they covered this:)

10wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 21:50

disturbedfan431

disturbedfan431
Believer
IMO i love the U2 cover but i still think that "Shout" was a much better cover from Disturbed. But just listening to the song it really does take me back to them times before i was listening to rock/metal music. And to hear disturbed's take on the song it really is awesome but to me the song still needs a little bit more to grow on me.

11wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 23:49

Proph3tTroyer

Proph3tTroyer
My friends and I hate U2... When we placed the CD into the car, and we finally got to the point where we were gonna hear it, we said "alright... prepare for fail" and nothing happened. We laughed. We were saying the song was so bad, the car refused to play it.....

and then it started.

It wasn't half bad, but it's still... achem, disturbing, to hear draiman say "i've kissed honey lips"

it just doesnt seem like a disturbed song.

12wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 00:42

codycameron09

codycameron09
Disturbed One
I wanna know what the hell is with the solo in this song; it's so out of place and so does not fit it! :(

13wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 04:15

Asylum Unleashed

Asylum Unleashed
Loading The Weapon
Lol, just use Audacity to cut out the 1 minute 35 seconds.

14wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Fri 03 Sep 2010, 07:11

Supersonix07

Supersonix07
Stupified
Well, I would post the link here (As well as my merged Remnants/Asylum), but I don't want to get in trouble. Would it be fine?

(I am somewhat newbish on this)

15wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Sat 04 Sep 2010, 16:13

bassman47

bassman47
Stricken
They did a kickass job on it, i have nothing but respect for them

16wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Mon 06 Sep 2010, 08:58

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
The cover was good but some of the metal elements don't quite fit...

17wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Wed 08 Sep 2010, 14:06

Remiel

Stricken
Sure, it's not their greatest cover, but I like it anyway. It's better than their recent cover of Livin' After Midnight.

18wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Wed 08 Sep 2010, 16:47

GODSERENITY

GODSERENITY
Stupified
codycameron09 wrote:I wanna know what the hell is with the solo in this song; it's so out of place and so does not fit it! :(
Yeah right!! That guitar solo kicks ass and it makes it more their own rather than a cover! Sorry but I disagree with you!

19wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Wed 08 Sep 2010, 17:49

Morbid Spawn

Morbid Spawn
One of The Ten Thousand
Hidden track my friends XD

20wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Thu 09 Sep 2010, 20:49

KrakenAttack

KrakenAttack
Mushroomhead did the same thing for their "Crazy" cover. It's a good song, it does feel a bit too much like a cover song and not a Disturbed the way that "Shout" felt like a Disturbed song. This can also be said for "Living After Midnight". I get that they wanted to try something different, but why not make it a B-Side and take a B-Side like "Three" and substitute it in.
Also the two live tracks of "Stricken" and "DTWS" puzzles me too, I thought the "Music As A Weapon" albums already serve that purpose. I had wished Disturbed had taken out those 3 bonus songs and given us the fresh B-sides. At-least they truly haven't been heard before.

21wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Empty Re: wtf is up with ISHFWILF?? Fri 10 Sep 2010, 10:48

disturbedlepgirl

disturbedlepgirl
Loading The Weapon
All their covers fit their style and sound. I don't get how any one can think its bad when David's vocals are really gritty and hard sounding compared to Bono's version. They do an awesome job on all their covers because to me they can do no wrong. :P The solo's kick ass, the vocals are incredible.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com