Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DisturbedArmyMedic

DisturbedArmyMedic
Stupified
As most of you know, I am a veteran of the US Army.. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and about two years ago, I almost took my life because meds were not working, and my PTSD was going downhill... The day I almost ended things, I had music playing on my computer, and Indestructible, and Inside the Fire, both came on, and something there told me to get myself admitted to the hospital. I came out of that 1000% stronger than I have ever been.... David's personal experiences, spoken through Disturbed's music, and how it talks about the human condition, and gets into our psyche, saved my life... I owe it to him, and the band, for what they did for me through their music....

Indestructible really describes me, because I am a fighter, and have had so much physically, and otherwise happen to me, and it has not stopped me yet.. I am a force to be reconed with if anybody or anything tries to take me down.. The Indestructible O

GuiltyPleasures

GuiltyPleasures
Global Moderator
First of all, thank you for serving our country. I'm sorry that you have to deal with PTSD and all that entails, and glad that David's lyrics were an inspriation for you to seek help. You are a hero and don't let anyone tell you differently.

To get to the topic of this thread-- there are several songs that have meaning to me.

First of all, "I'm Alive"... this spoke to me because all my life I've been rebelling against one thing or another. I had opinions I couldn't express because it wasn't "lady like"; I had different goals for my life than what my parents envisioned for me; I tried conforming, and that was a disaster, because I went through life feeling like I was faking it; and if I had to hear "why can't you be like your [younger] sister?" one more time, I was going to lose it! I live my life my way, and I've never been happier.

"Pain Redefined"... I especially identify with the lines "I stand and fight/ I'm not afraid to die" because I believe in the things I believe in so strongly that I would gladly give my life for them. Surprisingly, religion isn't one of those; but acceptance, individuality, certain social causes, fairness, and justice are among them.

"Ten Thousand Fists"... this speaks to me because there are so many people out there who are misjudged, misunderstood, and mistreated because of the music they listen to. This says to me "listen to me/listen to us, because we have something important to say! We may not express it in the same way as everyone else, but our views should not be discounted or belittled."

There are more, but those are the ones that come to mind at the present time.

DisturbedArmyMedic

DisturbedArmyMedic
Stupified
I understand completely....

YabaDabaJew

YabaDabaJew
Disturbed One
Disturbed songs have meaning?

Bound2Fate

Bound2Fate
I hope you are joking.

DisturbedArmyMedic

DisturbedArmyMedic
Stupified
No kidding.. especially after stuff like my opening up on what happened to me... seeing comments like that are uncalled for... and as a disabled Veteran, it is bordering on disrespect in a way.

PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy
Haunted
Indestructible

it gives me the empowerment that i sometimes need

DYLANPCRIDDLE

DYLANPCRIDDLE
One of The Ten Thousand
Prayer - it outlines a philosophy of life I try to follow every day. To not succumb to misery when bad things happen, but to try and move on with your life.

Mistress - kind of explains the troubles Ive had with relationships.

Ten Thousand Fists - shows how when many people get together they change the world to their liking, and how untapped power lies within the majority of people as oppossed to the few and rich who try to rule the world.

ThePlague

ThePlague
Eye of the Storm
Monster. It means a lot to me

Yumiyuri

Yumiyuri
Immortalized
"Believe" - it tells about passing on the art of deception. I'm good at lying and stuff, but i know that one day it's gonna be my downfall. So i try to stay true to myself and other people

"Asylum" - kinda describes what i felt when my first boyfriend dumped me

"Perfect Insanity" - in view of some people, i'm insane. But i'm proud of being insane, of being different. and plus, when i listen to Perfect Insanity, i get some kind of energy from the song :)

Tai Tnak

Tai Tnak
Immortalized
Haunted: read the lyrics.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com