Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CrowX

CrowX
Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems like just yesterday that Disturbed broke into the public consciousness with their hit single, “The Sickness.” For a while, the song was everywhere, and Disturbed brought their hard-edged, mainstream metal to the masses. Believe it or not – that was a decade ago. In fact, Disturbed just recently released a 10th anniversary package of The Sickness, their debut album.

Disturbed’s other project this year is Asylum, a record due out sometime in August. Asylum will be the band’s fifth full-length studio album, and according to vocalist David Draiman, is “still identifiably Disturbed, but showing more maturation.” Recently, guitarist Dan Donegan spoke about the album, who described some of the experimental aspects on the album’s first single, “Asylum.” According to Donegan, the song was a good single because it blended the classic intensity of Disturbed with some new directions.

“We like some of that just in your face attitude that that song has. We just liked the drive of it and the energy,” said Donegan. “The instrumental front of it was just kind of more of an experimental thing…[Asylum is] gonna be interesting and creative and musical.”

After 10 years on the mainstream music scene, Donegan acknowledged that Distrubed has tread upon a lot of territory and makes a conscious effort to offer something new for fans all the time. According to Donegan, there’s a lot of teamwork involved in keeping Disturbed’s music fresh.

“After writing, 70, 80, or 90 songs or whatever…on these past five albums, we try to influence each other and encourage each other not to rehash old ideas,” said Donegan. “Everybody is always pretty open to the ideas.”

Donegan also explained that Disturbed isn’t afraid of leaving things on the cutting room floor if they’re not up to the band’s standards.

“If we didn’t feel that we were improving or we didn’t feel it was there, then we wouldn’t put it out yet,” said Donegan. “We gotta feel that we delivered the best that we can offer at that moment.”

AdamZeZ

AdamZeZ
Stupified
"experimental aspects on the album’s first single, “Asylum.” "

First single, Asylum?

Ravensclaw

Ravensclaw
Administrator
their first single "The Sickness" lol down they mean Down With The Sickness bless these people they never research anything they go into an interview winging it and after sounding like a bunch of douchbags generists need to get there heads down a study this shit if there gonna interview real rock bands

skye

skye
Im hoping it won't be long til this ablum is out in Oz can't wait to buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would make my year if you can tell me when they are coming to Oz, I missed them twice first when they came out with Korn another one of my fav bands and again when they came out last year please help me. I'm a big time fan even converted my boyfriend to like Disturbed.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

FacebookTwitterFacebookFacebook

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com